Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Problem with a group break participant.

Hey guys. I have a question for you. I hosted a Prizm Group Break on here about a month ago. I received payment from one of the members and shipped to the confirmed address paypal gave me. The buyer is now saying they never received the items and that they haven't had anything shipped to that address in over a year and they're asking for a refund.

I feel bad that the guy didn't get his stuff but I shipped to his paypal confirmed address.

Last edited by catfishhedberg; 12-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

what does the DC show?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you have delivery confirmation then your fine, if not ugho. You're screwed.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Confirmed address? DC showing delivered? Should be fine, especially since he's arguing against receiving it rather than the item(s) received.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
what does the DC show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennelson55 View Post
If you have delivery confirmation then your fine, if not ugho. You're screwed.
Delivery confirmation shows it was delivered.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nevermind.

Last edited by catfishhedberg; 12-21-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Confirmed address? DC showing delivered? Should be fine, especially since he's arguing against receiving it rather than the item(s) received.
It's his confirmed address and it shows it's delivered. I feel bad that he didn't get his stuff but for me $96 is a lot to have to refund someone because they don't have their address updated.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Call out this member lol.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishhedberg View Post
It's his confirmed address and it shows it's delivered. I feel bad that he didn't get his stuff but for me $96 is a lot to have to refund someone because they don't have their address updated.
How would that be your fault in the first place? Has the new shipping address on the account been updated yet?

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
How would that be your fault in the first place? Has the new shipping address on the account been updated yet?
It's not my fault but he's telling me that nothing else gets shipped to that address.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

So if I wanted to...... I could not update my address on paypal, use paypal for purchases and then file claims against the people I bought from because THEY sent to wrong address??

Seems to me that you are in the clear if you mailed to paypal address and DC shows same address.

Does this person have a history of being in GB on BO? maybe look up his account activity and check that out. If so, how have the other Hosts sent him his cards?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not my fault but he's telling me that nothing else gets shipped to that address.
Maybe I'm missing something on this. Then why would the package you sent, be the exception in going to the address that "nothing" gets shipped to?

Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something on this. Then why would the package you sent, be the exception in going to the address that "nothing" gets shipped to?
I guess it depends on where he's buying from. If he buys on ebay, he can change his ship to address. Since he paid me directly though, it would just give me his confirmed address. Again though, how am I supposed to know it's the wrong one?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
hmm I missed the nothing part

Well then why would you join a GB knowing that the host 9 out of 10 times mails only to payopal address? Still his fault not yours dude.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Would I be correct to assume this "Member" didnt get any real noteable hits? Id tell him to fix his address then I had the same problem with a Hosmer TC Plate I sold I shipped to his Paypal addy he said he didnt live there and that it was LOST! Your covered as long as it was delivered...tell him to contact the post office to see if its sitting somewhere.

Not to be off subject but you did the same thing to me...you emailed everyone asking for an address I sent you mine and you sent my cards to another address after you were given my proper address...I told you that you sent it to the wrong one and you said you would get it re-routed and never did....in a way Im seeing a communication issue...

Last edited by Srt42004n; 12-21-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess it depends on where he's buying from. If he buys on ebay, he can change his ship to address. Since he paid me directly though, it would just give me his confirmed address. Again though, how am I supposed to know it's the wrong one?
Then I would say its all on that member. It may suck, but how can he hold you responsible for processing the transaction with the info that was supplied to you from his end?

Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

This is the fault of the member, not you. You delivered the product to the PayPal confirmed address, using DC which confirmed the delivery happend. You don't have any other obligations to the buyer, other than reminding them to update their PayPal address. Depending on how far they decide to take this (while being in the wrong), you may want ot give out the username as well. If they drop the claim and realize they are the one's at fault, I don't think that would be necessary.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Who was the person. If you dont want to say here, pm me with the member name.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'd alert the mods to make sure they are aware of the situation but, otherwise, I don't need there is anything you can do. The situation appears to be the participant's fault, not yours.

Let me also add that I'm not the least bit surprised this happened with a basketball group break.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Would I be correct to assume this "Member" didnt get any real noteable hits? Id tell him to fix his address then I had the same problem with a Hosmer TC Plate I sold I shipped to his Paypal addy he said he didnt live there and that it was LOST! Your covered as long as it was delivered...tell him to contact the post office to see if its sitting somewhere.

Not to be off subject but you did the same thing to me...you emailed everyone asking for an address I sent you mine and you sent my cards to another address after you were given my proper address...I told you that you sent it to the wrong one and you said you would get it re-routed and never did....in a way Im seeing a communication issue...
Yeah, I do remember doing that with your package. There are times that I will mess up and ship to the paypal address even if I've been given a different address through PM on here. I get on a roll printing labels and I just forget that it's been requested to be shipped to a different address. In this case though, I've gone back through all of my PM's from him and he never requested it to be shipped to a different address.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

The only place any person should be shipping to is the address on the paypal account. If the person does not update their paypal address to the right one, that is no fault of the sender.

There is no reason to have an old address or a non sending address on yoru paypal account. If anything the reason why people put wrong address in ebay and paypal is to fix it up for a possible scam.

Any chance on getting the members names?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The only place any person should be shipping to is the address on the paypal account. If the person does not update their paypal address to the right one, that is no fault of the sender.

There is no reason to have an old address or a non sending address on yoru paypal account. If anything the reason why people put wrong address in ebay and paypal is to fix it up for a possible scam.

Any chance on getting the members names?
I don't want to release the members name until I hear back from him.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I'd alert the mods to make sure they are aware of the situation but, otherwise, I don't need there is anything you can do. The situation appears to be the participant's fault, not yours.

Let me also add that I'm not the least bit surprised this happened with a basketball group break.
Come on now!! Infact Haikus biggest scam happend on the football forums. No surprise there!! Or we could go one more step and define that the majority of scammers are from the US therefore eveyrone from the US should be labelled as such? Pretty sweeping generalization of the basketball boards no?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Come on now!! Infact Haikus biggest scam happend on the football forums. No surprise there!! Or we could go one more step and define that the majority of scammers are from the US therefore eveyrone from the US should be labelled as such? Pretty sweeping generalization of the basketball boards no?
I never said everyone on the basketball boards was worthless. I definitely can see why you would jump to that conclusion though.

I thought a huge part of Haiku's scam involved a bunch of high-end basketball cards, especially Exquisite cards and a BGS Jordan RC. I apologize for being wrong about that.

I consider everyone to be a scammer until proven otherwise so, yes, I think it makes perfect sense to label everyone from the US as a scammer. I think doing so will reduce your chances of being scammed around here quite a bit.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishhedberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rauchand
I sent you a PM when I paid for the spot with my address just to confirm. I have paid for multiple breaks on here and bought tons of cards on Ebay and that was not my confirmed address. Negative will be left. this is ridiculous

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't got anything shipped there in a year. No other items I pay for have been sent there. I'd like a refund please

Quote:
Quote:
4031 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I never got it

Quote:
Quote:
did you figure it out?

Quote:
Quote:
hey man, i still haven't received my cards from the group break over a month ago. Did you ship them out? I had the Pistons
I've shipped everything out that wasn't international. What's your email address? I'll look up where it's at for you.
Hey. I just got back home. It says it was delivered on december 14th. The DC # is 9400109699937356811158. Is your address different than the address you use on paypal?
The confirmed address on your paypal is

Andrew Rauch
2445D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx Oak, MI
United States

That's the address that it was sent to. How long has it been since you lived there?
If you're still getting forwarded mail then it should still come to you. Hopefully if that doesn't happen, it will be sent back to me.
Upon further consideration, I upheld my end of the deal and shipped your cards to your paypal confirmed address using delivery confirmation and it was in fact delivered. The fact that your paypal address was not updated is out of my control. So, I will not be issuing a refund. I would recommend contacting the post office and seeing if the package has been sent back to me or forwarded to you.

Thanks,
John
How else would I get that as your paypal confirmed address? I don't know who you are, so I have no other way of getting your address. I also just checked our pm's and could not find one that had a different address to ship to. If you feel you must leave a negative that is fine, I will contest it with the website. I did everything that I was supposed to do here. I don't know how you expect me to ship your cards to your current address when it's not the address paypal gave me. Again, I'll email you the screen shot if you'd like to see it.

These are our PM's back and forth. Rauchand is the member and now he's threatening to neg. me for this. I'm still not sure how he thinks I got his address if it wasn't his default paypal confirmed address? I xxxxxxxx'd out his street address because I don't want to give out his personal info.

Last edited by catfishhedberg; 12-21-2012 at 01:34 PM.