Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
It's a scummy move for sure, but the great thing about it (and how he justifies it to himself I'm sure) is the sales "letter" appeals to the greed of the buyers. They think this seller doesn't know what he's doing so they can take advantage and get some great cards for cheap. Similar to the wife/sister/kid of the "heart attack victim" who needs to unload the collection of the husband/brother/father to raise money for the hospital bills.

It's rather brilliant in that respect--it's well-crafted as a direct sales letter. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller has experience in direct marketing. You laugh at the exclamation points and the stupid story, but it's an effective way to write sales letters if your moral compass is screwed-up enough to allow yourself to go there.

I agree. Certain people find is shady to sell using a dirty tactic. But some people here buy using a dirty tactic by offering less money knowing that the seller might have made the price in error. Yet there is nothing wrong doing that?

IMAC a few months ago you were pimping a card you got a steal on and asking the bkb boards how much it would sell for. Then you went to get it graded to make more money on it. Did you get that card by duping the seller into thinking he was getting fair value on it? Because its the same game as this seller is playing, the only difference is instead of the seller duping, you were the buying duping the seller!! Same garbage in my opinion
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
It's a scummy move for sure, but the great thing about it (and how he justifies it to himself I'm sure) is the sales "letter" appeals to the greed of the buyers. They think this seller doesn't know what he's doing so they can take advantage and get some great cards for cheap. Similar to the wife/sister/kid of the "heart attack victim" who needs to unload the collection of the husband/brother/father to raise money for the hospital bills.

It's rather brilliant in that respect--it's well-crafted as a direct sales letter. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller has experience in direct marketing. You laugh at the exclamation points and the stupid story, but it's an effective way to write sales letters if your moral compass is screwed-up enough to allow yourself to go there.
BINGO And we all saw where "greed" got everyone this last time around.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
haha I just noticed something incredibly stupid by this guy...

one of the cards in the photo for his "lots" was a triple George Bell/ Andre Dawson/ Eric Davis auto...
And another is a Sidney Crosby auto.

For knowing nothing about value in his description he sure did pick the right cards to hi-light in those auctions, including what looks like a 1/1 printing plate auto.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

This is no different than the "My b/f cheated on me and I am selling his cards", people who sell used redemptions and in a way what IMac does here. He buys to resell and makr money. If people think they are going to get hundreds of dollars in value then maybe they should not use the internet.
When I get home I would be happy to report every auction he has but Ebay will not care about the form of marketing he uses.

What a jerkoff

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Genius selling tactic, false hope thats what everyone needs in this world ah well some people have morals some do not

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

wow and he does all that to make $20 for 50-60 cards.......if that's the scam, it's definately not a very good one.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #32 (permalink)

I wouldn't say it's a scam. Just sad to be lying over something that can be tragic...
Old 12-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
wow and he does all that to make $20 for 50-60 cards.......if that's the scam, it's definately not a very good one.
Nobody ever accused him of being smart. Little Haiku in the making. Start small then go big.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I wouldn't say it's a scam. Just sad to be lying over something that can be tragic...
That's because it's not a scam. It's a bottom of thw barrel marketing pitch.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Lol, this guy tried buying in the MISC forum and couldn't make one deal. This is crazy.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
This is no different than the "My b/f cheated on me and I am selling his cards", people who sell used redemptions and in a way what IMac does here. He buys to resell and makr money. If people think they are going to get hundreds of dollars in value then maybe they should not use the internet.
When I get home I would be happy to report every auction he has but Ebay will not care about the form of marketing he uses.

What a jerkoff
Thats why I always carry my cards with me when I leave the house. lol

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I agree. Certain people find is shady to sell using a dirty tactic. But some people here buy using a dirty tactic by offering less money knowing that the seller might have made the price in error. Yet there is nothing wrong doing that?

IMAC a few months ago you were pimping a card you got a steal on and asking the bkb boards how much it would sell for. Then you went to get it graded to make more money on it. Did you get that card by duping the seller into thinking he was getting fair value on it? Because its the same game as this seller is playing, the only difference is instead of the seller duping, you were the buying duping the seller!! Same garbage in my opinion
FYI buddy.. the card you are talking about was priced by the person I bought it from and they talked me into buying it by showing me I could sell it for X price. Instead of sticking your nose in other people's business and assuming you know.. try asking first. You seem to do this quite often.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

What a jerkoff
how on earth is telling someone "I am willing to buy, but I try to make 10-20% on anything I purchase after fee's" the same as a guy lying about what he's selling in a blind lot? Are you serious?!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

Quote:

What a jerkoff
I almost bought one of these auctions like that yesterday. Thanks goodness I didn't have the money to get it.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
how on earth is telling someone "I am willing to buy, but I try to make 10-20% on anything I purchase after fee's" the same as a guy lying about what he's selling in a blind lot? Are you serious?!
Yup because bottom line is you are BOTH buying to make money.

He chooses a different, and by the standards of any rational thinking person, marketing position than you do.

You bitched and moaned many times here about people getting in the way of your business, getting in the way of you making money.

You are doing the same thing to this member because you don't like the way he is making his money.

But you are the knight riding in the on white horse to save the day.

Get all your friends and family to report this toolbag to Ebay. They will not remove the auctions because he is doing nothing wrong in their eyes.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

marketing ploy. Like the corner furniture store always having going out of business/liquidation sale really. Is it right not at all. Is against the rules or illegal? Nope
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Who cares? lol

You act as if everyone tells the dang truth on this site.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
FYI buddy.. the card you are talking about was priced by the person I bought it from and they talked me into buying it by showing me I could sell it for X price. Instead of sticking your nose in other people's business and assuming you know.. try asking first. You seem to do this quite often.
I have my facts straight.

Wondering what people think this is worth now....

You purposely violated the rules of this forum by trying to spam your card. You took an indirect appraoch to doing so by trying to ask for opinions all while spamming that the card was for sale. When people gave their opinions, you went on a rage of fit telling off anyone that didnt agree with you on getting $2k for that card.

Then you put it up for sale, came to the realization that you virtually told off every person that was bang on with their opinion on the card.

So if you dont want people in your business? Then dont post it. But its pretty obvious you want to get into this members business. Why the double standard?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

You purposely violated the rules of this forum by trying to spam your card. You took an indirect appraoch to doing so by trying to ask for opinions all while spamming that the card was for sale. When people gave their opinions, you went on a rage of fit telling off anyone that didnt agree with you on getting $2k for that card.

Then you put it up for sale, came to the realization that you virtually told off every person that was bang on with their opinion on the card.

So if you dont want people in your business? Then dont post it. But its pretty obvious you want to get into this members business. Why the double standard?
Jay-

Jeremy is never wrong. He gets in his soap box and many times yellf fire in the movie theater. Everyone else is the problem. Not him.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #45 (permalink)

Look what I found on Jeremy's Facebook Page!!

[QUOTE=jlzinck;3902318]But you are the knight riding in the on white horse to save the day. [QUOTE]
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

I called that thread out because if you read through most if it, he asks for opinions on how much it would sell for graded. Then inbetween every opinion given, 2 things happen... 1. He puts down anyone that projects the card to sell for less than what he thinks and 2.. He asks members to pm me if they are interested in buying it.

If the card is for sale, it should be in the BST.
If the card is on ebay, spam it in the ebay spam section
If you want an opinion on what others think the card will sell for, then let them state it. Otherwise dont ask.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #47 (permalink)

Never mind. I will never again make the mistake of paying Jeremy a compliment.

Quote:
I am posting this because after admitting to the scam he was pulling he has decided to continue running it rather than pull the listings in which he was scamming people.

For more details please read this thread...

Buying $3-$10 nice looking patches and autos!

To sum it up.. bronxbombers14 has admitted that he puts deceiving listings on eBay claiming to have inherited a bunch of cards and "not know" what he was selling. When called out by myself and others he finally buckled and admitted to the scam.. however he has not pulled the listings so I am reporting it to the broader community.

The sugar on top? If you read that thread he is looking for "$3-10 cards from high end products"... when asked if he planned to use these in those lots he said no, it was just for trade shows. He was lying to cover another lie in my opinion.. but I will let the community judge for itself.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 12-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Who cares? lol

You act as if everyone tells the dang truth on this site.
Well Said. Some people on here have gone as far to say one of thier loved ones has died just to get out of shipping in a timely manner. Some quality character there, huh?

god bless
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #49 (permalink)

UPDATE:

He has "ended" all of his blind lots.. however instead of cancelling them, he has ended them with the top bidders winning the auction. One last cash grab while he could get it I guess.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:

Damn IMac you are a hypocrite!