Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Calling out bronxbombers14... admitted Hobby (eBay) Scammer here on blowout...

I am posting this because after admitting to the scam he was pulling he has decided to continue running it rather than pull the listings in which he was scamming people.

For more details please read this thread...

Buying $3-$10 nice looking patches and autos!

To sum it up.. bronxbombers14 has admitted that he puts deceiving listings on eBay claiming to have inherited a bunch of cards and "not know" what he was selling. When called out by myself and others he finally buckled and admitted to the scam.. however he has not pulled the listings so I am reporting it to the broader community.

The sugar on top? If you read that thread he is looking for "$3-10 cards from high end products"... when asked if he planned to use these in those lots he said no, it was just for trade shows. He was lying to cover another lie in my opinion.. but I will let the community judge for itself.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

subscribed

Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Inheritance Lot of Sports Cards Don'T Know What I Have Autographs Jerseys | eBay

If this is him, what a douche....
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

"I know nothing about these cards and am just selling them to get some money."

"HIS FAVORITE PRODUCTS INCLUDED: Exquisite,Ultimate,Triple Threads, UD Black, and Bowman chrome."
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

collinsfarm1959 | eBay
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
bingo.. that's the listing he has not pulled along with a few others still running
Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

this guy is a major scam artist- he really tries to sell it with his hilarious #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ description
Giancarlo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Unreal man. This site is getting scary!!

My Bucket: http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/getbig14/
GetBig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

He's a low baller too. A year or so ago I had a 1994 UD Griffey Mantle auto certified by PSA/DNA and he offered me $400. It easily sells in the $850-$1100 range if it is certified by PSA or JSA.
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Glad someone called him out on it.

As you can tell from his poor Ebay feedback and DSR's, he does questionable things with more than just sports cards.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

Does anyone know how to block him on my eBay page?
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

His eBay track record is horrible!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

haha I just noticed something incredibly stupid by this guy...

one of the cards in the photo for his "lots" was a triple George Bell/ Andre Dawson/ Eric Davis auto... however..

2006 Ultimate Collection Triple Auto Andre Dawson Eric Davis George Bell Great | eBay

lovely lol
Old 12-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
haha I just noticed something incredibly stupid by this guy...

one of the cards in the photo for his "lots" was a triple George Bell/ Andre Dawson/ Eric Davis auto... however..

2006 Ultimate Collection Triple Auto Andre Dawson Eric Davis George Bell Great | eBay

lovely lol
Yeah, he get's out of that one by saying that the pictures in the listing are just "sample" pictures, LOL. Can you imagine all of the wide eyed kids bidding on that crap! How do these people sleep at night.....
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

It's whats killing this hobby, I use to buy these lots when I first started on ebay around 12 years ago. I didn't know any better but thought they were pretty cool. I got a few really nice ones as I requested my team and got some nice cards. I quickly realized though that most of the time you got junk and learned my lesson very quick. It's sad to see there's sill people doing it and even worse lying/scheming about it. If we want the hobby to pass down to more generations then this is the type of crap that has to stop as every kid that gets discouraged adds up until all that's left is the slowly aging collector's.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

For some reason, his whole auction reads like a bad Jr. High essay and now serves as my new reading material while taking a dump:

You are bidding on a lot of 50-60 sports cards selected at random from the cards I inherited.

I know nothing about these cards and am just selling them to get some money.

The man who left these to me never sold any cards. He spent a lot of his money on cards over the years. He ripped boxes and cases of these cards. I never understood the reason behind him spending his cash on these but I am not telling anyone how to live.

Every card that he ever got out of a pack is in these boxes! He cased the special ones so I have some sort of clue as to what is better but some could be worth more than others I don't know.

You will get a section of cards from the hundreds of boxes he had. They are all in rows. You may get a whole section of cased cards like the photo.The photo is just a small sample of cards. That is just from 1 box I randomly chose out of them all. So there are many boxes just like that one.

He collected cards right to the end so there are cards until 2012.There are no cards from pre 2000 in the collection. You could get cards from all sets and years, but he tended to only buy high end products.

He always told me "why pay $100 for a box to get 3 jersey cards." He liked to buy the $200-$800 boxes that gave him guarenteed autos.

HIS FAVORITE PRODUCTS INCLUDED: Exquisite,Ultimate,Triple Threads, UD Black, and Bowman chrome.

He would go to a large card show called the national. He would pick up all the autos of his favorite players like Derek Jeter and Mickey mantle.

There is a mixture of the 4 major sports but most are football,baseball,and basketball.

You will receive:

50-60 cards from all sports

I will make sure that each lot has at least 2 cards that are in hard cases! Most will have more though!

If the bid is high then of course I will guarentee more cased cards.

You will get autos and game used mixed in for sure!

All the cards are in mint condition!

If you win the bid and you have a favorite sport message me and tell me.

There are some values on some of the cards, but I don't know how accurate they are.

If you don't like the cards you got we will try to work something out, but trust me you 99.9% of the buyers have been happy so far!

Those exclamation marks on a few of the last sentences just bring this auction to life. I would just love to know more about this mysterious man he mentioned. Will the man die again in the future and leave him more cards to sell? Did the man ever play Santa with the seller even during the summer months? Is that why he left him all his good stuff? I need to know more dammit!

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 12-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
For some reason, his whole auction reads like a bad Jr. High essay and now serves as my new reading material while taking a dump:

You are bidding on a lot of 50-60 sports cards selected at random from the cards I inherited.

The man who left these to me never sold any cards. He spent a lot of his money on cards over the years. He ripped boxes and cases of these cards. I never understood the reason behind him spending his cash on these but I am not telling anyone how to live.

Every card that he ever got out of a pack is in these boxes! He cased the special ones so I have some sort of clue as to what is better but some could be worth more than others I don't know.

You will get a section of cards from the hundreds of boxes he had. They are all in rows. You may get a whole section of cased cards like the photo.The photo is just a small sample of cards. That is just from 1 box I randomly chose out of them all. So there are many boxes just like that one.

He collected cards right to the end so there are cards until 2012.There are no cards from pre 2000 in the collection. You could get cards from all sets and years, but he tended to only buy high end products.

He always told me "why pay $100 for a box to get 3 jersey cards." He liked to buy the $200-$800 boxes that gave him guarenteed autos.

HIS FAVORITE PRODUCTS INCLUDED: Exquisite,Ultimate,Triple Threads, UD Black, and Bowman chrome.

He would go to a large card show called the national. He would pick up all the autos of his favorite players like Derek Jeter and Mickey mantle.

There is a mixture of the 4 major sports but most are football,baseball,and basketball.

You will receive:

I will make sure that each lot has at least 2 cards that are in hard cases! Most will have more though!

There are some values on some of the cards, but I don't know how accurate they are.

If you don't like the cards you got we will try to work something out, but trust me you 99.9% of the buyers have been happy so far!

Those exclamation marks on a few of the last sentences just bring this auction to life. I would just love to know more about this mysterious man he mentioned. Will the man die again in the future and leave him more cards to sell? Did the man ever play Santa with the seller even during the summer months? Is that why he left him all his good stuff? I need to know more dammit!
I bet you hes rolling over in his grave as we speak
Old 12-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

what a douche.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post

You will receive:

I didn't know bowman chrome was 200-800. That's crazy. I also like how he mentions buying Jeter and mantle autos like there is a chance it will be in your lot. Is it weird that the old man only bought from 2000-2012?

Last edited by Abracadaver; 12-27-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Abracadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #20 (permalink)

I was desperate for money several months back and sold him my collection. I am in shock right now.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
I was desperate for money several months back and sold him my collection. I am in shock right now.
Glad to see you are still alive, old man.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #22 (permalink)

This forum gets shadier and shadier everyday.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

It's a scummy move for sure, but the great thing about it (and how he justifies it to himself I'm sure) is the sales "letter" appeals to the greed of the buyers. They think this seller doesn't know what he's doing so they can take advantage and get some great cards for cheap. Similar to the wife/sister/kid of the "heart attack victim" who needs to unload the collection of the husband/brother/father to raise money for the hospital bills.

It's rather brilliant in that respect--it's well-crafted as a direct sales letter. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller has experience in direct marketing. You laugh at the exclamation points and the stupid story, but it's an effective way to write sales letters if your moral compass is screwed-up enough to allow yourself to go there.

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 12-27-2012 at 09:43 AM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

Back in the beginning, pre new board expansion, BlowOut used to be the site that drove the shady douchebags off to forums like Beckett and SCF. Not anymore, seems BlowOut has evolved into the haven for all the dregs of society banished from the other forums. It started with all the give aways and promotions. Can't fault Chris and Pat for looking to attract more people but a lot of us saw this coming. All I can say is be VERY selective about who you deal with. If you aren't sure about someone or have a bad feeling then walk away. If a deal is too good to be true it usually is just that.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Glad to see you are still alive, old man.

ROFLMAO!! Comment was a classic.
AIA31674 is offline   Reply With Quote