Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
mjbentzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,314
Send a message via Yahoo to mjbentzen
Default Purchased items over a week ago-- Calling them out!

Ok, never have this problem before on here, but when I get excuses for why they havent sent yet, I get a little worried.

Yankeesfan777- Purchased items on 12/25. after a week, I send a PM on 12/31 and he responds
"sorry I didnt get it out yet. Had some family come into town for the holiday and didnt get to send it yet. I will send you the DC as soon as it goes out"

No replies back. I understand you have family for the holidays, then dont say you will mail out the next day.


rhammond24- Made a deal for 50 GU/AU for $60 on 12/25. Said he would send out asap. Never received any tracking or anything, so I sent a message on 12/30 to see what was going on and the reply:
"no could get the package out roads never got plowed will ship on monday with 5 extra cards sorry for the delay"

Again, Monday gone and past, and no reply back with tracking. I understand issues with weather, but dont promise something if your not going to come through.

ManInTheMirror- This is a shocker, no replies back, nothing came yet. He has an Itrader over 700, yet still no tracking info. Its low end stuff, $10 shipped, but why over a week and nothing?


I am flustered... I bought 7 lots between 12/24 and 12/26 and these are the only 3 that I have yet to receive anything from. I bought wax from Blowout on 12/25 and received that already, so you cant use the weather as an excuse.

Am I over-reacting? Is this acceptable to expect shipping in a week? I am thinking of filing paypal claims today if I am not given DC!
__________________

Always looking to buy Game Used or Autographs for $1-$2 each!
Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Kings Autographs? I am building these sets!
mjbentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,856
Default

I think with the holidays and weather conditions there were some delays. Give it a few more days...from what I know they are all good members...
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,035
Default

In my opinion, it is way too early to be publicly calling someone out. I think this thread will hurt more than help you.
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Im stilling waiting on group break cards from late November lol. Ill probably give it till 2014 before I do a call out! lol
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near San Francisco, CA
Posts: 5,147
Default

The members you called out all seem to have very strong reputations as legit members on here. I made a few deals over the holidays but I told the people I sold to, that I wouldn't be able to mail out till after the New Year.

That being said, it's natural to be worried, but with the Holidays...and knowing the members you dealt with are pretty reputable, I'd give it a lil more time...
__________________
SuperCollecting: STEPHEN CURRY

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 7,572
Default

But I'm guessing they didn't have any problem spending your Paypal.
__________________
__________________________________

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

What you can do is start a paypal file claim. 10 business days is more than enough time. Im sure that will get everything turning once again.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,501
Default

IMO - your overreacting. It's the holidays, weather has been bad in some areas, and mail is moving slower than normal (i.e. USPS being closed and heavy time of year for postage).

However, it does seem like the people you are purchasing from could give you better communication.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 7,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
However, it does seem like the people you are purchasing from could give you better communication.
BINGO Sounds like thats the biggest issue OP has. At least be up-front about shipping issues. Afterall, these packages do have dated postmarks on them. Nothing more frustrating to me than people lying about when item was shipped or just ignoring pm's. Hope it all works out.
__________________
__________________________________

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,141
Default

Still waiting on cards I bought on Dec 13th!! Absurd, and one of the main reasons I will only buy from 2 people here going forward. Tired of waiting 14+ days to get what I paid for.

"Outstanding memebers" or not, ship in a timely manner!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near San Francisco, CA
Posts: 5,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Still waiting on cards I bought on Dec 13th!! Absurd, and one of the main reasons I will only buy from 2 people here going forward. Tired of waiting 14+ days to get what I paid for.

"Outstanding memebers" or not, ship in a timely manner!
only 2 members? so who's the other one besides me? haha
__________________
SuperCollecting: STEPHEN CURRY

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Still waiting on cards I bought on Dec 13th!! Absurd, and one of the main reasons I will only buy from 2 people here going forward. Tired of waiting 14+ days to get what I paid for.

"Outstanding memebers" or not, ship in a timely manner!
hate to say it, but this.


I like the guys listed- but if this was a new member being called out, everybody would be crucifying them.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
mjbentzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,314
Send a message via Yahoo to mjbentzen
Default

I am just saying, dont promise something you can deliver.

I am told it is being shipped on this day and it doesnt get shipped and then no response til I follow up. I am calling you out on it, Communicate with people.

I never had this issue before on here. I understand weather and Holidays, but we had tons of snow here and I work 65hrs a week, yet I was able to purchase postage via paypal and mail out everything I sold.
__________________

Always looking to buy Game Used or Autographs for $1-$2 each!
Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Kings Autographs? I am building these sets!
mjbentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 13,120
Default

Holidays/Weather or not, it isn't right. If you're paid, ship right away.

I'm up front with people. I tell you ahead of time when I'm going to be able to ship.

If I don't get it out the day I say I will(which is rare), I'll say hey, I had this going on so I didn't ship. It will go out tomorrow.

I ship within 24 hours. There's no excuse not to. If you have the time to list items for sale, you have a spare 4 minutes to stick a label on a bubble mailer.

Just leave negative feedback. Maybe it'll change the way people handle their business.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,452
Default

I don't think the OP is unreasonable to be annoyed. Each instance illustrated shows a failure in communication and/or execution by the sellers. I would have waited longer before starting a formal thread, but I don't think the OP is wrong to do so.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

This is getting out of I would check and see if anyone of them have being on the boards or making deals. If the answer is yes, I would pm them one more time and let them know you will be leaving a negative.

If family is in town, then you shouldnt be on here. If they are in town and if you can post then you respond to pms. And if you have time to do all of that then you have time to ship.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 11,073
Default

Maybe this will come out wrong, I don't know ...

But if I, with my wife and 3 kids and job and mortgage and all kinds of extracurricular responsibilities, can wake up a half-hour early in the mornings and make sure I get my shipments out for the day (the ones that paid within the last 24 hours, mind you), then so can anyone else.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,999
Default

Holidays and weather are lame excuses. I can upload 20 tracking numbers right now of items I have bought in the last 2 weeks. All were here in 3 business days. Every one.
__________________
If you give Panini business you deserve what you get
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
Ok, never have this problem before on here, but when I get excuses for why they havent sent yet, I get a little worried.

Yankeesfan777- Purchased items on 12/25. after a week, I send a PM on 12/31 and he responds
"sorry I didnt get it out yet. Had some family come into town for the holiday and didnt get to send it yet. I will send you the DC as soon as it goes out"

No replies back. I understand you have family for the holidays, then dont say you will mail out the next day.


rhammond24- Made a deal for 50 GU/AU for $60 on 12/25. Said he would send out asap. Never received any tracking or anything, so I sent a message on 12/30 to see what was going on and the reply:
"no could get the package out roads never got plowed will ship on monday with 5 extra cards sorry for the delay"

Again, Monday gone and past, and no reply back with tracking. I understand issues with weather, but dont promise something if your not going to come through.

ManInTheMirror- This is a shocker, no replies back, nothing came yet. He has an Itrader over 700, yet still no tracking info. Its low end stuff, $10 shipped, but why over a week and nothing?


I am flustered... I bought 7 lots between 12/24 and 12/26 and these are the only 3 that I have yet to receive anything from. I bought wax from Blowout on 12/25 and received that already, so you cant use the weather as an excuse.

Am I over-reacting? Is this acceptable to expect shipping in a week? I am thinking of filing paypal claims today if I am not given DC!
Honestly MITM is a good member he just never replies to PM's i hate how he is invisible when he is online its a pain...ive already been down that road... but also I am shipping stuff today from last week as well. I sold stuff 12/22-1/2 and there were 2 holidays, 2 days where they closed at 12 on the eves, and 2 days where they were closed (Sundays) so that gives me a window of 3 days to rush my family to the post office day after xmas...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
Am I over-reacting?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
Is this acceptable to expect shipping in a week?
In most circumstances, yes, but it's not unheard of having something shipped a bit late, especially when working around holidays/travel/weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
I am thinking of filing paypal claims today if I am not given DC!
I'd say chill out a bit . I'd also say you are taking it WAY out of hand making a thread like this. IMO, you are making yourself look bad.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,313
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Maybe this will come out wrong, I don't know ...

But if I, with my wife and 3 kids and job and mortgage and all kinds of extracurricular responsibilities, can wake up a half-hour early in the mornings and make sure I get my shipments out for the day (the ones that paid within the last 24 hours, mind you), then so can anyone else.
Yup. I can't say its ever taken me more than 2 days to ship anything after payment received no matter what the circumstance.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Honestly MITM is a good member he just never replies to PM's i hate how he is invisible when he is online its a pain...ive already been down that road... but also I am shipping stuff today from last week as well. I sold stuff 12/22-1/2 and there were 2 holidays, 2 days where they closed at 12 on the eves, and 2 days where they were closed (Sundays) so that gives me a window of 3 days to rush my family to the post office day after xmas...
Then wait until you can ship. Seems simple enough.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 13,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Maybe this will come out wrong, I don't know ...

But if I, with my wife and 3 kids and job and mortgage and all kinds of extracurricular responsibilities, can wake up a half-hour early in the mornings and make sure I get my shipments out for the day (the ones that paid within the last 24 hours, mind you), then so can anyone else.
It didn't come out wrong. YOu're right. THere's no excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Holidays and weather are lame excuses. I can upload 20 tracking numbers right now of items I have bought in the last 2 weeks. All were here in 3 business days. Every one.
Yep. Lame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Yes



In most circumstances, yes, but it's not unheard of having something shipped a bit late, especially when working around holidays/travel/weather.



I'd say chill out a bit . I'd also say you are taking it WAY out of hand making a thread like this. IMO, you are making yourself look bad.
He's fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Honestly MITM is a good member he just never replies to PM's i hate how he is invisible when he is online its a pain...ive already been down that road... but also I am shipping stuff today from last week as well. I sold stuff 12/22-1/2 and there were 2 holidays, 2 days where they closed at 12 on the eves, and 2 days where they were closed (Sundays) so that gives me a window of 3 days to rush my family to the post office day after xmas...
If you're shipping stuff you sold on 12/22 now, you should be banned from selling. That's inexcusable.

12/22, 24...2 days there

Last edited by tnarg; 01-03-2013 at 03:17 PM.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 13,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
It didn't come out wrong. YOu're right. THere's no excuse



Yep. Lame.


He's fine.


If you're shipping stuff you sold on 12/22 now, you should be banned from selling. That's inexcusable.

12/22, 24...2 days there
26, 27, 28, 29

4 days there
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 13,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
26, 27, 28, 29

4 days there
31, 2

2 days there


So 8 days with no holidays
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.