Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How do I deal with this situation??

Long story short, I purchased a card and paid via PayPal goods on December 12th. Contacted and heard back from the seller on December 30th because item wasn't received yet. Here is his response

Quote:
"Sir, with the holidays and a tragic event that just occurred in my life, I have no been able to get the card out. I am having a very difficult time right now, so if you could please be patient, I'd really appreciate that"
I responded by saying the following

Quote:
"Sorry to hear that man, hope all goes well for you. I just want you to know I'm covering my butt in this situation. I've only got a certain amount of time of PayPal protection. It hasn't been that long, so I can be patient. If it gets too much closer then we'll have to figure out what direction we want to go.

Appreciate the response, hope all turns out well"
I've seen him posting and even trying to purchase today. I messages him and asked if he had shipped yet and if he didn't I wanted a refund.

Am I going about this the right way and should I neg if the transaction gets refunded or even neutral if he actually sends?

The card is already worth half of what I payed for it since we agreed to the deal

Any help is appreciated
Devi8or is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

file your claim asap w/paypal
post user id
neg if card is never sent or neutral if refund is given instead or card is finally received because we are approaching 30 days now. Holiday's my a&&.
bunch of bs

i'm beating cking to the punch this time

review this thread:
Purchased items over a week ago-- Calling them out!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

edited....forget what i said.

Last edited by Ironcourtcards; 01-05-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcourtcards View Post
its card..no need to get all high and might as the above. its really your call, once you approach 3-4 days before the so called last day to file a claim, if you are still not happy, file it and then forget it once you get your money back.
No, that is not the way to handle this...Period! Appropriate feedback needs to be left. You dont get your money back and leave it at that. Why? Its irresponsible to the forums and other members. I would have already taken action. Buyer has waited 24 days and is SOL, while the seller still participates on the forums looking to spend the buyers money. File the claim, you have been more than patient OP!

Kevin
Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
its card..no need to get all high and might as the above. its really your call, once you approach 3-4 days before the so called last day to file a claim, if you are still not happy, file it and then forget it once you get your money back.
So you pay promptly for a card and are just like whatever, it will get here when it gets here? That's ok with you?

If this member is actively buying and selling while he still has packages to ship then they need to be held accountable. If you can log on and make a thread and wait for responses on that thread to buy, sell, or trade then you surely have time to send out whatever people have paid for.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Going through the same thing OP..paid promptly, even finally sent a message to see if cards were ship but no response. member has been on site buying and selling and interacting. Hopefully you get a resolution soon.
Topps Low #'d black/hope/52' gold/ black heritage ref./etc. all sport nyquist,zibanejad,gustavsson,alex gordon, dean green, older autographics, gallinari, torrey smith, matt ryan, david wilson, tiger, ak, bubba, mcdowell
bogeyfreeround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

File a claim, get a refund. That behavior ins inexcusable and I wouldn't even accept the cards at this point.

So many low life sellers on here its ridic.

Hence why I only buy from people that are worth a damn on this site.

File a claim, leave a neg, post the sellers username
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

okok sorry. i was wrong. you guys are right, leave appropriate feedback.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

"Sir, with the holidays and a tragic event that just occurred in my life, I have no been able to get the card out. I am having a very difficult time right now, so if you could please be patient, I'd really appreciate that"

Grade A, 100% BS. The Holidays were two weeks AFTER he should have shipped your damn card in the first place. Unless he's Jewish ... in that case Hannukah was over on 12/16 (and if he could sell during that time then he could ship, too).

File the claim now and move on ... especially given the fact that you bought the card almost one month ago and it has apparently depreciated significantly while you have been waiting.

File a claim.
Leave FB stating "Bought card on 12/12, filed claim after one month".

Also, e-mail/PM specifics to the mods pre-warning them about the retaliatory neg you willreceive.

Finally ... who is the member?

Last edited by IndyKMB; 01-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
No... Lol... 3 or 4 days before the last day means you waited nearly two months... I thought I was being generous when I gave someone nearly two weeks to ship before filing... If someone commits to ship and does not specify an EXACT time then I expect it shipped within 3 days, that is plenty of time to get to the post office. I won't file a claim until probably the week or 2 mark but at this point with how many members have been pulling crap on blowout you can't sit that long it would just be dumb. Daniel00 tried to get me to close the claim over and over and over when he took quite a bit of money from people without ever shipping... I refused until I had a full refund (in money order form) in hand...
Baseballcardsingles.com
Sean1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

so basically he forgot about the sale, then fed you a load of BS, and is now ignoring PM's? Neg, POST ID PLEASE, and file claim.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
No, that is not the way to handle this...Period! Appropriate feedback needs to be left. You dont get your money back and leave it at that. Why? Its irresponsible to the forums and other members. I would have already taken action. Buyer has waited 24 days and is SOL, while the seller still participates on the forums looking to spend the buyers money. File the claim, you have been more than patient OP!

Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
File a claim, get a refund. That behavior ins inexcusable and I wouldn't even accept the cards at this point.

So many low life sellers on here its ridic.

Hence why I only buy from people that are worth a damn on this site.

File a claim, leave a neg, post the sellers username
BINGO X2

Not specifically aimed at OP. Why are people letting these sellers here get away with these Paypal loans? Time and time again, you see these types of threads. Sellers get called out for this sort of thing and the first response you get thrown back in your face is----"I don't live on these boards 24 hrs a day like you do, I have a life, unlike you". REALLY???? But they sure had time to scan, post and take YOUR money, didn't they? As JG Wentworth says--ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

File the claim, drop the neg and post or pm me member name so I know never to send a nickel their way. Thanks

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Did you really just say this? This may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. OP file a claim, and get your money back. Can you please name this member so I and the others can block him? Thanks and good luck!
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Once again absurd....seeing post like this more and more.

Maybe if retaliatory negs were addressed and equaled a perma ban for the offender.....
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

This post useless without a member name. Im here for information. I need to protect myself from people who take free loans and dont send out their end of the transaction. Without telling me the name of the member, how am I suppose to protect myself?

Another example of card trading can be dangerous. 4 out 5 late shipments are due to tragic family events. You would think half the population would be dead with the amount of transactions taking place in the hobby world!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Going on a month not shipped
poor communication
logged on BSTing "during this difficult time in his life"

Do you REALLY have to ask if you need to neg him?? No offense OP you sound like a nice guy but as many of these threads I see and the OPs end up letting the culprit slide due to being afraid of a retaliatory neg, this image just about sums it up Neg away!!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm usually pretty lenient, but if he's still on here wheeling and dealing, and still hasn't shipped your card then file the claim and drop a neg.

A month is too long. If he had provided DC it it looked like it was lost in the mail I might feel a little different.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

For the record he contacted me this morning and said he deleted all his PMs so he couldnt remember my name to cobtact me and that it was sent, I'm gonna reply right now and ask for a DC number for proof. He never ignored PMs for those mentioning it, just a slow shipper with excuses

Member name for those that care is CC_123.

I guess I'll wait to see confirmation that the package was sent previous to the message I sent yesterday and go from there

Appreciate all the insight in this situation, I've actually never had it happen before
Devi8or is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Whatever you do OP, DO NOT listen to this clown. Throw him on the ignore list like everyone else i'm sure is going to do.

-RJ
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
For the record he contacted me this morning and said he deleted all his PMs so he couldnt remember my name to cobtact me and that it was sent, I'm gonna reply right now and ask for a DC number for proof. He never ignored PMs for those mentioning it, just a slow shipper with excuses

I guess I'll wait to see confirmation that the package was sent previous to the message I sent yesterday and go from there

Appreciate all the insight in this situation, I've actually never had it happen before
Sealed with a quote Thanks for info OP

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post

So which one was it that kept him from shipping your cards:

1.he had a tragic event happen and having a difficult time or

2.that he deleted his PM's and couldn't remember your name?

You said you paid PayPal goods your name and shipping address should have been in the transaction details where you sent the money. Dude is still trying to play you man if he lost your name here why not email you with the info???. Neg his arse!!!

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 01-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Drop the neg already. What a waste of time and money

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
So which one was it that kept him from shipping your cards:

1.he had a tragic event happen and having a difficult time or

2.that he deleted his PM's and couldn't remember your name?
Maybe the tragic event to which he refers was the accidental deleting of his PMs?

That could be a pretty heart-wrenching event.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Whatever you do OP, DO NOT listen to this clown. Throw him on the ignore list like everyone else i'm sure is going to do.

-RJ
jeez already said i was wrong/sorry, no need to do this.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
jeez already said i was wrong/sorry, no need to do this.
Don't worry about him. He likes to jump to conclusions and ignore facts.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote