Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Purchased a lot, no contact. Your opinion?

So I agreed to purchase a lot last week for $65. At the time I had $40 free and told him I'd send the other $35 the next day. I came through and sent the additional $25 + 0.50 because he complained about having to pay $0.30 fee again. I then asked him to provide me with the numbering on the cards and after nearly two days, he told me he'd send the details when he got home. Since then, nothing and I've messaged him asking when they shipped. No response, no cards, no tracking. He has been on several times and I can't get a response. He has 35+positive feedback so far, but this is unacceptable! Am I wrong to ask for a refund and if still no response, file a claim? We're nearing a week now...

Thanks
Nickan529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickan529 View Post
So I agreed to purchase a lot last week for $65. At the time I had $40 free and told him I'd send the other $35 the next day. I came through and sent the additional $25 + 0.50 because he complained about having to pay $0.30 fee again. I then asked him to provide me with the numbering on the cards and after nearly two days, he told me he'd send the details when he got home. Since then, nothing and I've messaged him asking when they shipped. No response, no cards, no tracking. He has been on several times and I can't get a response. He has 35+positive feedback so far, but this is unacceptable! Am I wrong to ask for a refund and if still no response, file a claim? We're nearing a week now...

Thanks
A week is way too soon IMO. Id give it til friday of next week to neg and file a claim. However the lack of communication is unacceptable, but as long as the cards get to you before friday(If you use my cutoff date) it shouldnt warrent a neg. You can ask for the refund however if you want.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Stalk him in the treads he posts in. That normally gets a reply, no reason for him not to return pm's if he is posting
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would tell you what I think but it will only bring out my trollers. This is how people do business on this site. Its just the way it is.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

7 days and no communication IS reason to be concerned. The fact he is on and wont respond says it all. He DESERVES a claim.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Is he on and active? I know my phone keeps me logged in, but I'm not actually on all the time.

I'd send him one more message telling him if he doesn't have the info by the end of the weekend you will file a claim. Communication is key here. A week is a little early, but if he's not answering PMs then I'd be upset as well.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Is he on and active? I know my phone keeps me logged in, but I'm not actually on all the time.

I'd send him one more message telling him if he doesn't have the info by the end of the weekend you will file a claim. Communication is key here. A week is a little early, but if he's not answering PMs then I'd be upset as well.
He's been on and off... I agree communication is key and that's all I've asked him for, I just want to know the cards are coming. I've completed plenty of sales and would never put the buyer in that situation so I guess I expect the same.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He's been on and off... I agree communication is key and that's all I've asked him for, I just want to know the cards are coming. I've completed plenty of sales and would never put the buyer in that situation so I guess I expect the same.
Its only right.....You held your end of the bargin up....Bam Bam Thank you Mam...They get your Money and they are out of your Life without even a goodbye Reach around
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I would tell you what I think but it will only bring out my trollers. This is how people do business on this site. Its just the way it is.
Not trolls Crystal, they're followers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Its only right.....You held your end of the bargin up....Bam Bam Thank you Mam...They get your Money and they are out of your Life without even a goodbye Reach around
Agree Kev, and its Wham instead of first Bam Buyer says "I'll take it", never to be heard from again. Seller says "sold to you", never to be heard from again..................until claim is filed. And then WOW!!!!, the excuses start flowing. Just another day on the boards. Enjoy the games today folks

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

My opinion is that I would not come hese asking for opinons.
I would sewe if member was active and posting while not answering my PM's e-mails.

If he was, I would file a claim on the 10th day if I had not heard anything.

If he pissed and moaned and came back with a "story" I would inform him it was HIS fault the claim was filed.

If it continued I would post here for people to be wary of him.

That's my opinion

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Allow me to assist...

If he hasn't communicated for a week and has been on, I would file a PayPal claim just to get his attention. If he still doesn't respond after 2 days, I would leave a neg and escalate the claim.

Last edited by JosieD; 01-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

This is horrible no wonder people are so scared to do business on here
nemisis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisis12 View Post
This is horrible no wonder people are so scared to do business on here
+1...................

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
A week is way too soon IMO. Id give it til friday of next week to neg and file a claim. However the lack of communication is unacceptable, but as long as the cards get to you before friday(If you use my cutoff date) it shouldnt warrent a neg. You can ask for the refund however if you want.
It is not too soon. There is no reason why some1 can't print a label after payment has been made. It's a 2 minute process.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

If someone cant reply to me or show me something is shipped in 72 hours (unless previously agreed to) I file. I've never been stiffed on a product or money because of it. Some people say wait 10-14-20 days. That's way too long for someone to have my money and I have nothing.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
If someone cant reply to me or show me something is shipped in 72 hours (unless previously agreed to) I file. I've never been stiffed on a product or money because of it. Some people say wait 10-14-20 days. That's way too long for someone to have my money and I have nothing.

David
I agree. I find it troubling that so many people on this site have no problem being treated like this by sellers on here. If someone did this to them on Ebay they would be up in arms and starting 20 threads about it. I just think it gets overlooked here because it is so common and people have become so used to being treated like that on here. Some people try to make you feel like you are expecting too much because you expect a decent timely transaction. I mean, is asking for someone to ship quickly or to keep the lines of communication open really asking alot of someone? Its pretty sad if people think holding someone to some standards is putting an inconvienece on a seller. If I buy something from you I expect it shipped in a timely manner. And If you dont ship in a timely manner I do expect you to answer my pm when I ask you about it. I think some people got some pretty big balls to feel like they can just take someones money and then ignore them. But then again they are allowed to do it on here and thats why they do it. You can try and spin it anyway you want but thats the truth. I know alot of people dont like to hear it but the truth is the truth.

Last edited by cking; 01-12-2013 at 10:02 PM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

I dont bother with communication anymore. After 15 days (US to CAN with members I have never dealt with) I open up a claim and let paypal settle it.

If I pm the trader and he doesnt reply, then I still follow suit even faster in filing a claim. If they respond after I open the claim, I return the favour by not replying to them!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree. I find it troubling that so many people on this site have no problem being treated like this by sellers on here. If someone did this to them on Ebay they would be up in arms and starting 20 threads about it. I just think it gets overlooked here because it is so common and people have become so used to being treated like that on here. Some people try to make you feel like you are expecting too much because you expect a decent timely transaction. I mean, is asking for someone to ship quickly or to keep the lines of communication open really asking alot of someone? Its pretty sad if people think holding someone to some standards is putting an inconvienece on a seller. If I buy something from you I expect it shipped in a timely manner. And If you dont ship in a timely manner I do expect you to answer my pm when I ask you about it. I think some people get some pretty big balls to feel like they can just take someones money and then ignore them. But then again they are allowed to do it on here and thats why they do it. You can try and spin it anyway you want but thats the truth. I know alot of people dont like to hear it but the truth is the truth.

I've opened a dispute on ebay and you are absolutely right in what you said. I know that (while it has happened) I rarely have a card in my possession for more than 2 or 3 days before it is shipped and I certainly keep the lines of communication open. Thanks to all the advice. If this guy tries to tell me he'll ship Monday, I'm going to refuse.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Finally got a response! Claims shipped "a few days ago" then few messages later claims shipped yesterday. He has been sick without a computer to respond on. Yet he's been logged in off an on. Weird. So he says I'm trying to back out of the deal. Has all positive feedback and doesn't want to lose it...
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Finally got a response! Claims shipped "a few days ago" then few messages later claims shipped yesterday. He has been sick without a computer to respond on. Yet he's been logged in off an on. Weird. So he says I'm trying to back out of the deal. Has all positive feedback and doesn't want to lose it...
So did he give you DC?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
So did he give you DC?
Yep. Hasn't been scanned in at post office yet
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

Pathetic this thread is needed before a seller ships.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yep. Hasn't been scanned in at post office yet
When does it show Label was created?

Either way, doesn't even sound like at PO yet.

Side note 30 itrader isn't sh$t. Took me like 2.5 months to get to the low 90's.