Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Not trying to be a dick but will come across as one....

Would you like an award for practicing the correct way to conduct business?
No I'd like that troll to hop off. He has no reason to slander me like that and honestly I'm sick of seeing my name in his posts. If he doesn't want to deal with me fine but I personally gaurantee any cards I ship will be well protected and be exactly as described. He's acting if I'm the scum of this site when I'm a member trying unload my cards. Not to mention I have never dealt with him before so he is going off of his bias opinion when he has no reason but to trust me.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I can not see JonMead's Post but i am sure he is giving you all some great advise LOL.. I can not see him because he is one of MANY MANY that have recently made it to the IGNORE list.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #28 (permalink)

Just add the magic word "firm" to your FS posts. If someone cannot read, point them to that word. It worked very well for me.

As for JonMead, well let's just say based on the infamous Ware thread I would not take negotiation advice from him.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Just add the magic word "firm" to your FS posts. If someone cannot read, point them to that word. It worked very well for me.

As for JonMead, well let's just say based on the infamous Ware thread I would not take negotiation advice from him.
Omfg I'm tired of hearing about my ware card will everyone drop it already seriously you guys treat me worse than haiku
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
Omfg I'm tired of hearing about my ware card will everyone drop it already seriously you guys treat me worse than haiku
Sorry, man. You made quite an impression on everyone.

[Inactive]
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

You make it Seam like I gained your trust the. Bent you over for 25k when I priced a card based on sentimental value. And I honestly regret listing it. That card is permanent PC my so called "overpriced" sale thread is for me trying to raise money to grade the rainbow
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

But, But, But.....JonMead says this...

Quote:
read his post but NEVER hurts to ask. firm or lot only means nothing on this site

Of course this was in a thread where a member was selling his collection (JonMead asked for a price on 1 card) and posted this...

Quote:
I want to condense the collection and selling this as a whole and not splitting it up.

So because he is on the flea market mentality and still uses Becket Values as a barometer people should not take him seriously.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
But, But, But.....JonMead says this...

Of course this was in a thread where a member was selling his collection (JonMead asked for a price on 1 card) and posted this...

So because he is on the flea market mentality and still uses Becket Values as a barometer people should not take him seriously.
Beckett is the most trusted price guide. Example graded 9.5 Reggie Wayne rookie/1350 graded price last I checked was 35 or so. Offered it to a guy for 25 he wanted me to sell it for 6 dollars because one sold on eBay for that.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Beckett is the most trusted price guide. Example graded 9.5 Reggie Wayne rookie/1350 graded price last I checked was 35 or so. Offered it to a guy for 25 he wanted me to sell it for 6 dollars because one sold on eBay for that.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
What is more trusted: reality (aka "actual sales") or what Beckett says something is worth?

I vote for reality.

[Inactive]
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What is more trusted: reality (aka "actual sales") or what Beckett says something is worth?

I vote for reality.
When requested I will go by sale value other wise my prices are about 50 percent under Beckett value
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
Forgot to mention two were on there bin for 40
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

I personally dont block lowballers. They are potential customers. I just counter back with more! or just say No thanks.

If you want to really get under their skin for lowballing you, just dont reply back.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I personally dont block lowballers. They are potential customers. I just counter back with more! or just say No thanks.
Wow, a post of yours I actually agree with.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Want me to edit it so we can get back on track?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
+1 that's how business should be done.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #42 (permalink)

yeah for it being 1992 again and beckett pricing is back! anyone got a new tuff stuff so I can compare prices
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #43 (permalink)

I agree with OJ

Favourite tactic I've seen in my past sell threads - ex $90 dlvd (already at ebay price) - what's your bottom price? $70 - would you do $55?

I prefer not to name names though!

LOL

Incoming - Topps BPL Wilshere auto, Bent auto, RVP Green
Outgoing - 2xArod SP BGS
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
I agree with OJ

Favourite tactic I've seen in my past sell threads - ex $90 dlvd (already at ebay price) - what's your bottom price? $70 - would you do $55?

I prefer not to name names though!

LOL
And in my case if something was sold on Ebay for $90 + shipping I would post mine at $80 delivered and if I really wanted to move it quickly I would post it at $72.

According the JonMead who prays at the alter or Beckett it's still OK AND expected for me to receive LOWER offers than that!

PS. JonMead.....I see you have sent me 2 PM's that I have no need or intention of reading. If you post the questions on concerns here I would be glad to address them

Last edited by jlzinck; 01-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

If you want to really get under their skin for lowballing you, just dont reply back.
geoff05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Im all over the map when it comes to offering. Here is my take on it.. (I dont lowball, but I have offered less than the going rate or less than below ebay prices before)

Sellers offer Best Offer to get a buyer to pay more than they were actually looking for.
Buyers offer on Best offers looking to get it below what they are willing actually pay for the card.

If someone has a OBO on their card, to me it honestly means you are willing to less! Who in their right mind wouldnt offer lower. As a seller just put Firm and get it over with.

My beef is with group breaks and hosers who have a pick for sale and throw out the "taking offers". Dammit, its your spot, only you as the seller can know what you want for it. Why not price it and move it? Unless of course you are looking for a sucker to over pay for it. Same goes with the perception of lowballers. Sometimes the seller just has the card priced too high so even a reasonable offer looks like a lowball!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
And in my case if something was sold on Ebay for $90 + shipping I would post mine at $80 delivered and if I really wanted to move it quickly I would post it at $72.
If something sells on average, $50 (plus shipping which can be $3-4), I will set mine at $50 dlvd. I think that's fair. That's pretty equivalent with entry fee and ebay fees.

Just to clarify.

Incoming - Topps BPL Wilshere auto, Bent auto, RVP Green
Outgoing - 2xArod SP BGS
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
If something sells on average, $50 (plus shipping which can be $3-4), I will set mine at $50 dlvd. I think that's fair. That's pretty equivalent with entry fee and ebay fees.

Just to clarify.
And I would list mine here at 45 delivered, $40 if I REALLY want to move it.

Per JonMead I should EXPECT lower offers because it's part of "The Game"
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
I put my prices at 50-75 percent less then BV all my prices are obo. And I ship same day if possible but always within 24 hours only exception is deals made after 4pm Saturday get shipped Monday also I make sure cards are well protected an I eat supply cost. And I'm willing to work out deals if you can't pay right away. As a buyer I've never lowballed you or any one. I simply say at this time I can not make a fair offer so I will pass.
Quote:
Not trying to be a dick but will come across as one....

Would you like an award for practicing the correct way to conduct business?
Quote:
No I'd like that troll to hop off. He has no reason to slander me like that and honestly I'm sick of seeing my name in his posts. If he doesn't want to deal with me fine but I personally gaurantee any cards I ship will be well protected and be exactly as described. He's acting if I'm the scum of this site when I'm a member trying unload my cards. Not to mention I have never dealt with him before so he is going off of his bias opinion when he has no reason but to trust me.
Okay. Let me start by saying that me and jonmead have not seen eye to eye at all since he came on here with his ware superfractor and I'm not trying to troll you or be a dick to you at all.
When selling you can NOT go off of beckett value, its an absolute joke.
Example: Jamarcus Russell rc auto/patch BV $100 if your trying to sell that at 50%-70% off BV that's still $30-$50 for a card that sells for $8 at most.
eBay has really put a damper on selling cards.

Back to subject though.

The thing that drives me nuts is, that I do all the research before posting my cards for sale. I go off of the last 3-5 sales of the card in the completed listings on eBay I find a happy median and take a couple $$$$ off of that. But then people see its higher then the one that sold the lowest and try getting it for $5 less then the absolute bottom price, which those people can go #@#@#@#@ themselves for it. People on this site don't give two shits if they offend anyone anymore. As long as people can double their money they are going to try. People in this hobby are jokes. I don't mind giving people their PC Cards for free which my last 10-15 feedback have been from contest and just giving free cards. But when I list my cards under eBay averages and people low ball to resell still, I ignore them.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Wait, cards sell for 50% off Beckett?!?!

I AM RICH! Rich I tell ya!!! Glad I can retire now!

Unless it is a Ware, those go for about 10,000 times Beckett.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote