Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default Blocking extreme lowballers.

I was wondering if anyone else has started to do this. I always try to price my cards under ebay, but I have noticed over the last couple months a lot of new members offering way below ebay. Even when people ask for set needs I pm them offering cards at 50% of ebay going prices just to help. Well last night I got fed up and blocked a member when he replied with a lol and a low ball offer or $20 on 2012 bdpp refractor needs. It was for 40 refractor and roughly 25 bdpp chromes some big names in the product.All were penny sleeved and top loaded. Was not sure of shipping so I sad $30 dlvd. He countered with $20. I just blocked him. Another instance is someone looking for big name rc/color/refractors etc. I just replied with a how much do you have to spend? I have tons of boxes to go through and did not want to waste my time pulling out 100's of cards if all he had was $5 worth. I would have pulled out about $15 in cards instead of $100's. He replied with just post what you have. So I blocked him also. Anyone else frustrated with whats going on in the forums lately?
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

So 99.9 percent of buyers on this site are blocked?
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
I was wondering if anyone else has started to do this. I always try to price my cards under ebay, but I have noticed over the last couple months a lot of new members offering way below ebay. Even when people ask for set needs I pm them offering cards at 50% of ebay going prices just to help. Well last night I got fed up and blocked a member when he replied with a lol and a low ball offer or $20 on 2012 bdpp refractor needs. It was for 40 refractor and roughly 25 bdpp chromes some big names in the product.All were penny sleeved and top loaded. Was not sure of shipping so I sad $30 dlvd. He countered with $20. I just blocked him. Another instance is someone looking for big name rc/color/refractors etc. I just replied with a how much do you have to spend? I have tons of boxes to go through and did not want to waste my time pulling out 100's of cards if all he had was $5 worth. I would have pulled out about $15 in cards instead of $100's. He replied with just post what you have. So I blocked him also. Anyone else frustrated with whats going on in the forums lately?
Can you block 90% of the Forum ????
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Can you block 90% of the Forum ????

Hmmm maybe it will come to that. A counter offer is fine, but when you laugh at a price 50% below what cost of single cards would go for will go for is annoying. Its the same members over and over. So most likely will not be 90% of the forum.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Can you block 90% of the Forum ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
So 99.9 percent of buyers on this site are blocked?

Most established members do not lowball on something that is already below ebay.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Hmmm maybe it will come to that. A counter offer is fine, but when you laugh at a price 50% below what cost of single cards would go for will go for is annoying. Its the same members over and over. So most likely will not be 90% of the forum.
If you offer me 30 I'm gonna offer 20. That's called negotiation not low balling. Half the time you will meet in the middle at 25 any ways always the difference if I offer 33 percent less or 15 percent less.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Hmmm maybe it will come to that. A counter offer is fine, but when you laugh at a price 50% below what cost of single cards would go for will go for is annoying. Its the same members over and over. So most likely will not be 90% of the forum.
Well your gonna have that anywhere you go......Just ignore their post or offers and move on...Most are kids or people that have no clue to what they are doing....If the card is worth what you ask it will sell or rot in a box...Sad but True
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
If you offer me 30 I'm gonna offer 20. That's called negotiation not low balling. Half the time you will meet in the middle at 25 any ways always the difference if I offer 33 percent less or 15 percent less.

You would get blocked by me. Its already 50% below ebay prices and you want another $10 off.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

If your asking 30 most people will counter. If you ask 60 you will end up 30-45. If I get blocked for negotiating the best price I can then so be it.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Well your gonna have that anywhere you go......Just ignore their post or offers and move on...Most are kids or people that have no clue to what they are doing....If the card is worth what you ask it will sell or rot in a box...Sad but True

I realize this, so I just block them now. Saves me from getting frustrated and time digging through cards.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
You would get blocked by me. Its already 50% below ebay prices and you want another $10 off.
Better start that list Here !!!!!!!!
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
If your asking 30 most people will counter. If you ask 60 you will end up 30-45. If I get blocked for negotiating the best price I can then so be it.

Sounds good to me.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Sounds good to me.
If your not willing to play the game put down the cards.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
You would get blocked by me. Its already 50% below ebay prices and you want another $10 off.
IMO you are asking $10 over ebay price Refractors are selling for about .40 delivered , base chrome your getting a pretty good price at .20 a piece ???
geoff05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff05 View Post
IMO you are asking $10 over ebay price Refractors are selling for about .40 delivered , base chrome your getting a pretty good price at .20 a piece ???

Depends on the names correct? Anyways not goint to get into all the cards, but people who have dealt with me know I am fair with my prices.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff05 View Post
IMO you are asking $10 over ebay price Refractors are selling for about .40 delivered , base chrome your getting a pretty good price at .20 a piece ???

.40 dlvd on ebay? Thats funny. It cost $1.65 to mail a single card. So You would be losing $1.25 per card at .40. Plus it depends in the name of the player.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
.40 dlvd on ebay? Thats funny. It cost $1.65 to mail a single card. So You would be losing $1.25 per card at .40. Plus it depends in the name of the player.
I bet your the one to charge 3.00 on a single card to ship.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,148
Default

I would block lowballers as well. People around here want to get everything for next to nothing even when it is a fair price....
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
I bet your the one to charge 3.00 on a single card to ship.

I actually charge $1.95 on the first 5 card and $3 on anything over 5 cards. Sets are different depending on the weight and the supplies to ship.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
I actually charge $1.95 on the first 5 card and $3 on anything over 5 cards. Sets are different depending on the weight and the supplies to ship.
I charge 2.00 flat no matter the supplies. 90 percent of the time it's in a one touch and bubble mailer but at minimum sleeve top loader with tape on the opening. And bigger orders get team bagged
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
.40 dlvd on ebay? Thats funny. It cost $1.65 to mail a single card. So You would be losing $1.25 per card at .40. Plus it depends in the name of the player.
I have bought about 10 refractor lots on Ebay and Iam quite certain I have never paid over .41 a piece on average . The whole refractor set sells @ about 66.00.165 divided by .40 is $66
geoff05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I would block lowballers as well. People around here want to get everything for next to nothing even when it is a fair price....

Block jerks like this too. I offered him a card at a price and he had the nerve of wanting to pay MORE than I asked.

Some people.

OP.
People like JonMead are Flea Market window lickers. They see a price and no matter the price they will want lower. Check some of he past posts. HE wants WAY More than things are worth that HE is selling.

I place items at a price I am happy with. If I want offers I will put OBO. If not I will put FIRM. If someone makes an offer on a FIRM price I will question if they are actually bright enough to use the interbebz.

If I put OBO and someone makes an offer that is too low I make ONE counter offer and will go no lower.

90% of the items I sell are completed like this.

Ignoring them is fine. Don't sweat it. Me I won't ignore them because stupid people are fun to read sometimes!
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Block jerks like this too. I offered him a card at a price and he had the nerve of wanting to pay MORE than I asked.

Some people.

OP.
People like JonMead are Flea Market window lickers. They see a price and no matter the price they will want lower. Check some of he past posts. HE wants WAY More than things are worth that HE is selling.

I place items at a price I am happy with. If I want offers I will put OBO. If not I will put FIRM. If someone makes an offer on a FIRM price I will question if they are actually bright enough to use the interbebz.

If I put OBO and someone makes an offer that is too low I make ONE counter offer and will go no lower.

90% of the items I sell are completed like this.

Ignoring them is fine. Don't sweat it. Me I won't ignore them because stupid people are fun to read sometimes!
I put my prices at 50-75 percent less then BV all my prices are obo. And I ship same day if possible but always within 24 hours only exception is deals made after 4pm Saturday get shipped Monday also I make sure cards are well protected an I eat supply cost. And I'm willing to work out deals if you can't pay right away. As a buyer I've never lowballed you or any one. I simply say at this time I can not make a fair offer so I will pass.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Not to mention before I did PayPal shipping I sent the DC as soon as shipping was paid for and I keep good communication with all my buyers. Anyone on here that has or will make a deal with me knows this.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
Not to mention before I did PayPal shipping I sent the DC as soon as shipping was paid for and I keep good communication with all my buyers. Anyone on here that has or will make a deal with me knows this.
Not trying to be a dick but will come across as one....

Would you like an award for practicing the correct way to conduct business?
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.