Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default WWBD?

What would blowout do?

So yesterday I ran a pretty successful quick sale. In my original post I notated that payments must be received same day. No excuses or family emergencies. All but two people paid on time. I PM'd everyone within 30 minutes of sale ending with totals and paypal info. The reason I wanted payments that day is I was going to the post office today and wanted everything done at once.

So one person responds yesterday and says they will pay tomorrow. I tell them no that I needed payment today and that was the term of the sale. I hear nothing back from him until today saying he can still pay but didn't see my other message until this morning. And the second person sends paypal this morning without even a message to me. Now mind you these are the two people who bought one thing for a grand total of like 3.50 with shipping.

I have already left for work so obviously I cannot package it up. I don't want to make a special trip to the post office for these two people who obviously cannot read or don't care. So I will let blowout decide their fate. Two options are.

A. Be a nice guy and accept their payments and make a special trip to the post office later this week and just tell them that they can now wait until I am ready to ship.

B. Refund the money from the one guy and tell the other one to pack sand and drop a neg on their A$$ for not following the clear rules that were set.

What say you blowout cards?
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would say A....but I'm too nice sometimes and the Post Office is on my way to work
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC
dbaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would normally say A - but in reality you set specific rules and they did not follow said rules. Thus I may be more inclined to go the other route. The fact that you went out of your way to say payment needed today those members should have respected that.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

If the Grand Total Of $3.50 does not put you in a fiscal Cliff type of situation.....REFUND>>>NEG>>>>and a Big old KTHANKSBYE
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would refund their money, then promptly pm the mods to have the inevitable retalitatory feedback removed.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

If you B you will get a retalitory feedback. Same thing happened to me, excecpt the idiot that bought from me said he "might" be able to pay 3 days after sale.

So I just left a neutral, should have neg him. Sure enough he leaves me a neutral back.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

A and just put it in your mailbox
Old 01-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Come on man...you may live in a perfect cookie cutter world where everything is on time but the rest of us sure don't.

Will it honestly ruin your life to go to the post office again?

Have a little lee-way for people. Life happens.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
A and just put it in your mailbox

I wish I could do that option but I live in a development that only has a mail slot big enough for a thin envelope.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Come on man...you may live in a perfect cookie cutter world where everything is on time but the rest of us sure don't.

Will it honestly ruin your life to go to the post office again?

Have a little lee-way for people. Life happens.
It may not ruin my life but will take time out of my life. And if one of the people had time to message me to say they plan on paying what stops them from taking the two extra minutes from their day to log into paypal and pay?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

you stipulated when payment must be made, they broke it. it's really up to you, and any negs your way should get wiped clean if you choose to refund their paypal.

Do you have any of the blue mailboxes near you (or on the way to work)? There's one for me about a block away right next to the grocery store so I can drop things off in there.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I would refund their money, then promptly pm the mods to have the inevitable retalitatory feedback removed.
This...............
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
you stipulated when payment must be made, they broke it. it's really up to you, and any negs your way should get wiped clean if you choose to refund their paypal.

Do you have any of the blue mailboxes near you (or on the way to work)? There's one for me about a block away right next to the grocery store so I can drop things off in there.
I live in an area where the nearest one of those is actually in front of the post office.

I actually refunded the member who paid and sent a note. He was actually a stand up guy and apologized and made no excuse. So I gave him a pass since he at least was honest and upfront. The other however will be getting a negative. When I told him he was, he implied I would get one too so I went ahead and forwarded that information on to the mods before I leave feedback. Go blowout!!

Last edited by mufasa; 01-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

quit being a DB..take the mailers to work. Im sure they have someone who picks up daily

Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
quit being a DB..take the mailers to work. Im sure they have someone who picks up daily

Shut up Blake. I am now burning every texans card I own tonight for your sassy mouth.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Shut up Blake. I am now burning every texans card I own tonight for your sassy mouth.
Nick the new thing apparently is to rip them into thirds.

Check this Auction out! LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

As Crystal would say "Give them an inch, they'll take a mile" Happens everytime.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

B, and then B again, and then B again after that.

I have no tolerance for people that don't read posts or those that spend money they don't have at that time (and anyone that couldn't pay you right after the quick sale was guilty of one of the two)
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

OP ... I'm really not flaming you, but ... this sounds crazy that you want to neg them for paying within 24 hours. I know there are people on this site that would love to have been paid for a sold item that quickly.

I understand you stipulated the terms in your thread, and they did not meet those terms. So I think the best course of action would be to notify them that, because payment was not received same-day, they missed the quick delivery time, and that it could be 3-5 days before you get to the PO again. Let them decide if they want you to refund them at that point. At least this way they know that it is their fault that they have to wait up to an additonal week to receive their item.

To me, it's just not worth the inevitable storm that will follow when you refund and neg someone who did end up paying within 24 hours.

Suck it up ... be a loving, compassionate Blowout member, and send within the next week when you make your next trip to the PO.

Last edited by IndyKMB; 01-16-2013 at 04:18 PM.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
OP ... I'm really not flaming you, but ... this sounds crazy that you want to neg them for paying within 24 hours. I know there are people on this site that would love to have been paid for a sold item that quickly.

I understand you stipulated the terms in your thread, and they did not meet those terms. So I think the best course of action would be to notify them that, because payment was not received same-day, they missed the quick delivery time, and that it could be 3-5 days before you get to the PO again. Let them decide if they want you to refund them at that point. At least this way they know that it is their fault that they have to wait up to an additonal week to receive their item.

To me, it's just not worth the inevitable storm that will follow when you refund and neg someone who did end up paying within 24 hours.

Suck it up ... be a loving, compassionate Blowout member, and send within the next week when you make your next trip to the PO.
Although most times I would agree with you there were people literally posting within seconds claiming cards. So these could have been sold to someone else with ease. Instead I now have to babysit them because they can't read or follow directions or rules. The person who paid has actually been quite understanding and I relieved him of any obligation because he was upfront and honest and just said he messed up and made no excuses for why and apologized. The one I have a problem with has already had the negative dropped on him. So I am done with it. Tired of being a babysitter to the newbies or the slow. I sold and packaged and shipped over 75 cards in a day with those quick sales. It is not hard to pay on time. And if it is, don't make a commitment that you can't keep. Why should they get special treatment for a card that I literally stand to make less than 1.75 on?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Although most times I would agree with you there were people literally posting within seconds claiming cards. So these could have been sold to someone else with ease. Instead I now have to babysit them because they can't read or follow directions or rules. The person who paid has actually been quite understanding and I relieved him of any obligation because he was upfront and honest and just said he messed up and made no excuses for why and apologized. The one I have a problem with has already had the negative dropped on him. So I am done with it. Tired of being a babysitter to the newbies or the slow. I sold and packaged and shipped over 75 cards in a day with those quick sales. It is not hard to pay on time. And if it is, don't make a commitment that you can't keep. Why should they get special treatment for a card that I literally stand to make less than 1.75 on?
Just Neg them and move on Poopsie.....Save them for the next Lowballer special....No need to let the Bread Mold..or the Water Muddy..whatever is your fancy
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

i cant belive you would neg them cause they didnt pay within your time frame, pretty pathetic honestly i would of just refunded them and left it at that.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
XL5

I hear you on people not listening to terms/instructions in the thread. But you're selling cards through the mail. If going to the Post Office is too much effort/expense, maybe you shouldn't be selling cards through the mail.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

I would rather watch paint dry then work a deal for a sub $10 card. Refund them and forget it imo
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaystaK760 View Post
i cant belive you would neg them cause they didnt pay within your time frame, pretty pathetic honestly i would of just refunded them and left it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I hear you on people not listening to terms/instructions in the thread. But you're selling cards through the mail. If going to the Post Office is too much effort/expense, maybe you shouldn't be selling cards through the mail.
Sorry guys I disagree. May I ask you this? Why is the buyer in this case saying he will take cards that he does not have money to pay for? Not trying to start an argument here. Just looking for a reasonable answer.