Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,483
Default Dumb ebay buyer...warning....

I recently sold the below on ebay:

2012 Triple Threads Andrew Luck Fleener Dwayne Allen 12 27 Sepia Jersey 1 1 | eBay

and because of a newbie buyer, I now have my first negative feedback on ebay which they can not remove....

The buyer is beth6677 and she wanted to know why I didn't sent all four cards in the picture. When the listing title and listing description stated ONE card is for sale on this listing!! Also, she really thought the price was going to be this low for all four cards???

The worst part is that she didn't even contact after I explained this to her (which I offered a full refund as well)... and just left me a neg... what a joke... block her if you want to...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,502
Default

Gotta be honest with you, I've never liked it when people listed images like that. I actually wont even click on the listing. I think it's asking for trouble and can be confusing to a buyer. IMHO, it also comes off as being lazy.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,842
Default

Unless I'm missing it I don't see where in your listing it says the auction is for that one card.

While, yes, it is annoying this happened, you need to protect yourself from all angles. Plus it shows laziness to group scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I recently sold the below on ebay:

2012 Triple Threads Andrew Luck Fleener Dwayne Allen 12 27 Sepia Jersey 1 1 | eBay

and because of a newbie buyer, I now have my first negative feedback on ebay which they can not remove....

The buyer is beth6677 and she wanted to know why I didn't sent all four cards in the picture. When the listing title and listing description stated ONE card is for sale on this listing!! Also, she really thought the price was going to be this low for all four cards???

The worst part is that she didn't even contact after I explained this to her (which I offered a full refund as well)... and just left me a neg... what a joke... block her if you want to...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,007
Default

How to make sure this never ever happens again: crop your scans.


Sounds like a newb mistake on her part in this case but honestly she could escalate and your listing doesn't explicitly state "one card only." It lists names and card number. I wouldn't want to be defending that with eBay customer service.


Also, you eBay 1/1'd it, so....
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
DwightWall122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL (USA)
Posts: 1,606
Default

I agree with everyone here that says they bypass listings with multiple cards in pictures. It's simply annoying and deceptive. Is it really that hard to scan the one card your selling, or crop your picture?

Sucks that you received your first negative but in all honesty, I'm sure you saw this coming at some point or another....
__________________
My Picasa Album: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
NBA: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
WWE/TNA Impact!/Benchwarmers: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post
I agree with everyone here that says they bypass listings with multiple cards in pictures. It's simply annoying and deceptive. Is it really that hard to scan the one card your selling, or crop your picture?

Sucks that you received your first negative but in all honesty, I'm sure you saw this coming at some point or another....
I do single item picture for high end items. For mid to low end items, it takes way too long to scan one by one or even scan and crop..

I will start stating in my description and say auction is for item listed in the title and description.

I wish I have the time to do this one by one...but when you are listing over 100-200 items a week and have a full time job, and married..(that last one takes up the most time...LOL)...it is just hard to do...

However, the way I listed my item in the title and description...there is NO attempt trying to mislead a buyer in any ways...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,129
Default

I would defiantly post SOMEWHERE that it was just for the one card. I skimmed through and didn't see where it said none of the other cards were included
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
gritt81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Gotta be honest with you, I've never liked it when people listed images like that. I actually wont even click on the listing. I think it's asking for trouble and can be confusing to a buyer. IMHO, it also comes off as being lazy.
Same here, I usually dont even bother looking at the item if its listed like this. She should have never neg'ed you though if you offered a full refund.
__________________
"I dont lift weights to look pretty, I lift weights to look like a damn Godzilla, and your looking at me from Tokyo." Powerlifter Anonymous
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I do single item picture for high end items. For mid to low end items, it takes way too long to scan one by one or even scan and crop..

I will start stating in my description and say auction is for item listed in the title and description.

I wish I have the time to do this one by one...but when you are listing over 100-200 items a week and have a full time job, and married..(that last one takes up the most time...LOL)...it is just hard to do...

However, the way I listed my item in the title and description...there is NO attempt trying to mislead a buyer in any ways...
Then this is going to happen from time to time if you dont use single scans
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 27,984
Default

I hate it when people put multiple cards on the same picture
__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I do single item picture for high end items. For mid to low end items, it takes way too long to scan one by one or even scan and crop..
It has nothing to do with the price of the item. A neg for a $1 card is the same as a neg for a $400 card. If you only care about winning INAD claims then fine, don't bother cropping. But you seem to be bothered by the neg so you might want to try it. Or don't bother selling "mid to low end items."
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,077
Default

Be glad she didn't expect a 1/1 since that's what you said it was.

And it takes all of 2 seconds to crop your scan once you have it uploaded to ebay.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 27,984
Default

Exactly, it doesn't take long to crop an item, a few seconds at most
__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,510
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

You have over 4,000 feedback - so I'd assume you do this as somewhat of a business - and you're too lazy to take 2 seconds to crop your cards? I'll give you it can take a whole like 20-30 seconds to scan each one. Who has time for that...

And whoever said above about you using the 1/1 in the title makes it even more lame.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Exactly, it doesn't take long to crop an item, a few seconds at most
No offense...but I know it takes a few second to crop one picture... but when you have to do it 100 times in a week and save them, and then load a different file for each listing...it adds up...

I will try to do it this way and see how much extra time I have to spend... if I see the selling price goes up...then it might be worth it (apparently I will get more views as you all noted)....

I want to say it again, I offered her a FULL REFUND!!!! and without additional communication, she neg'd me!!!
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 27,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
No offense...but I know it takes a few second to crop one picture... but when you have to do it 100 times in a week and save them, and then load a different file for each listing...it adds up...

I will try to do it this way and see how much extra time I have to spend... if I see the selling price goes up...then it might be worth it (apparently I will get more views as you all noted)....

I want to say it again, I offered her a FULL REFUND!!!! and without additional communication, she neg'd me!!!
Let's say it takes an entire 5 seconds to crop an item, do that 100 times a week and that's 500 seconds...nearly 8 minutes extra a week, that isn't too much time.

I don't know if you would get more money doing it this way, the point is that it is misleading when you have other items in your picture that are not included in the auction.
__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
No offense...but I know it takes a few second to crop one picture... but when you have to do it 100 times in a week and save them, and then load a different file for each listing...it adds up...

I will try to do it this way and see how much extra time I have to spend... if I see the selling price goes up...then it might be worth it (apparently I will get more views as you all noted)....

I want to say it again, I offered her a FULL REFUND!!!! and without additional communication, she neg'd me!!!
If you are choosing not to take the time to do this then dont complain when these things happen. Stop being so lazy.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,121
Default

Can you not set your scanner/scanner software up to automatically crop for cards?

Anyway, I agree with the rest of the people who have already posted. Super annoying seeing 4, 6, 9 cards in an auction for one.
(It also looks like you got a $20 premium, I am not buying the 1/1 part contributing that).
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 263
Default ebay card

Well i read through the ebay ad, and i think it is clear it was for the one card, the ad showed the card number offered in the add, and only the name and title of the card was shown, however I would add that i have seen other ebay dealers while using pictures with multiple card also state clearly that the buyer should "Understand you are only getting the one card that is listed on here, please read carefully and if any questions, please contact me" I dont think you should have gotten a negative. I would for the future just put that in there for them in bold big letters.
ramsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrule View Post
Well i read through the ebay ad, and i think it is clear it was for the one card, the ad showed the card number offered in the add, and only the name and title of the card was shown, however I would add that i have seen other ebay dealers while using pictures with multiple card also state clearly that the buyer should "Understand you are only getting the one card that is listed on here, please read carefully and if any questions, please contact me" I dont think you should have gotten a negative. I would for the future just put that in there for them in bold big letters.
I agree, this is what I do. I write in my auction description something to the effect of "you will only receive the card described in the title and pictured AMONG the lot. You will NOT receive all the cards pictured."

You may want to talk to ebay. They may remove the neg, especially since you can show them that the reason for the neg is (given the email that was sent for you) for buyer confusion rather than you trying to be shady.
wesnilevirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.