Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Request to "please send to a different address"

This morning I had an eBay member (with solid feedback) purchase an item, pay immediately, and then later ask for me to "please send to my new address". Same PO box number, just one small town over from the one listed in eBay/PayPal.

Now I know better than to send to the non-eBay/PP address, so I politely informed the buyer about Seller Protection issues with sending to a different address, and asked him to update his address in eBay and PayPal and to send me a note when it was done.

In the buyer's defense, I don't believe he knows exactly what he's asking. (The item is a Topps set and he lives in NY, I would assume he is perhaps an older gentleman.) Is mine the proper course of action?
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
This morning I had an eBay member (with solid feedback) purchase an item, pay immediately, and then later ask for me to "please send to my new address". Same PO box number, just one small town over from the one listed in eBay/PayPal.

Now I know better than to send to the non-eBay/PP address, so I politely informed the buyer about Seller Protection issues with sending to a different address, and asked him to update his address in eBay and PayPal and to send me a note when it was done.

In the buyer's defense, I don't believe he knows exactly what he's asking. (The item is a Topps set and he lives in NY, I would assume he is perhaps an older gentleman.) Is mine the proper course of action?
You did the right thing, sending to a different address leaves you exposed. He should be able to correct his paypal address very easily.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

It sounds like you handled yourself like a complete gentlemen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had that happen to me once. The buyer ended up being the head of PR for the Atlanta Braves, and the card I sold was an Eddie Mathews auto. I called Paypal and the address he wanted me to send to was actually on file with them, just not as his primary so the rep told me to go ahead and send it. Worked out fine in the end.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
I had that happen to me once. The buyer ended up being the head of PR for the Atlanta Braves, and the card I sold was an Eddie Mathews auto. I called Paypal and the address he wanted me to send to was actually on file with them, just not as his primary so the rep told me to go ahead and send it. Worked out fine in the end.
That's awesome! I'll give him a day to respond, then will call PayPal if I need to.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

i just bought a 1/2 nice patch card for a member on here in a trade and it would have been very handy for the ebayer to send directly to the guy i made the trade with but i never asked as i understand the protection rules. sometimes it would be handy to send stuff to a dirrerent
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've had this happen. The guy wanted me to ship to his son. I did it and everything ended up just fine.
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I sometimes ask sellers if I can bid but have the card sent somewhere in the US (For US auctions only). Usually they have no issues at all!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
I've had this happen. The guy wanted me to ship to his son. I did it and everything ended up just fine.
college students sometimes have their pp address as their home address but want you to ship to their college address.

either way OP, I think you handled things perfectly.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Can always refund the money and ask that they resend it after they correct the address.