Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slufan83 Send a message via MSN to slufan83 Send a message via Yahoo to slufan83
Default When Is It Too Early...

When is it too early to start calling out members about an item not arriving? I purchased a card from a guy on Jan 8th and two weeks later I still have nothing. The guy seems to talk in circles and when I ask about the card he just says: "It's in the mail now, should arrive by the end of this week. Thanks again!" or: "The package is in the mail, as of last week. Should arrive any day." I've been given no clear day of when it was sent, no proof that it was sent, or no reassuring message about it even being sent. The guy only has 8 feedback and his last feedback was a negative from a guy that bought something and waited over a month and never got their cards. Heck, I've even bought a couple books off eBay that were sent via media mail that I bought and have arrived in the time since I paid this member. I understand things come up, but I feel like I've been getting the run-around. In this day and age, payments are instant and there should be no reason why an item can't get mail within a couple days unless otherwise noted.
slufan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

I give the card 3 weeks to get arrive... After that something is up
sucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send the MOD's (iluvfish2 and pskell02) a PM with all your information regarding this purchase.

If you have not received a D/C number then file a claim today.

When you case is settled then post it here and warn people using the facts that you have.

If he refunds you without the claim then you have your money back and let it go.

If that happens then warn people here to use caution when dealing with this person
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post

3 weeks?? if the seller is in USA and you are in USA. If they can not provide a DC# within 1 week after you pay then open case, no excuse to have to wait longer. If they can sell and take your money they need to make it a priority to ship in a reasonable time.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
In my opinion it should take no longer than a week to arrive if sending in the US. There shouldn't be an excuse to take any longer

death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slufan83 Send a message via MSN to slufan83 Send a message via Yahoo to slufan83

It was a cheap buy for $5 dlvd....I would obviously expect tracking on a bigger purchase, but for something cheap I'm not like mad that a DC# wasn't provided. However if it were sent in a PWE without stating it would be sent that way before hand, then yea I would be upset. In any circumstance I wouldn't want a game used card to be sent in a PWE without it first being agreed upon. I sent him a message today since today marks two weeks since I paid and I requested a refund if it hasn't been sent yet. If I still get a run-around type message then I'll submit a PayPal claim and notify a mod as a couple of you have suggested. But yes, I agree that stuff should be shipped out and received in a week or less. I have no problem with waiting longer as long as the seller gives an excuse before hand and communicates about why it might take longer.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
3 weeks?? if the seller is in USA and you are in USA. If they can not provide a DC# within 1 week after you pay then open case, no excuse to have to wait longer. If they can sell and take your money they need to make it a priority to ship in a reasonable time.
He said for the item to arrive, not provide DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
In my opinion it should take no longer than a week to arrive if sending in the US. There shouldn't be an excuse to take any longer
USPS misroutes and loses stuff all the time. I've had packages show up 6+ weeks later even though they were postmarked near the time of the sale.

That being said, it seems like that isn't the case here. OP seems to be getting the run a round. The seller either didn't ship or didn't use DC.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Send the MOD's (iluvfish2 and pskell02) a PM with all your information regarding this purchase.

If you have not received a D/C number then file a claim today.

When you case is settled then post it here and warn people using the facts that you have.

If he refunds you without the claim then you have your money back and let it go.

If that happens then warn people here to use caution when dealing with this person
If someone takes your money, does not send the cards but they issue a refund that makes it ok? I dont understand that. The seller did not follow thru on his obligation and held this guys money for good period of time with no intention of sending the cards. How is this a positive transaction? The whole letting it go thing is why people keep doing it.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Communication is the Key
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Communication is the Key
Very true...the guy has replied to me the couple times I've asked about the card, but he was pretty vague and never gave me an exact day that it was shipped. His replies just seemed like he was giving me a run-around to buy time. To be honest, everyone I've dealt with here so far has shipped promptly and I've never had to ask this question. I myself, try to do the same as well and ship the same/next day after I get a payment for a card. If the guy had a reason for shipping late, he could easily just be honest and tell me. I wouldn't have had to ask the question here if he would have just been more straight forward. Two weeks later and I still really don't know what's going on with the status of my card.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufan83 View Post
Very true...the guy has replied to me the couple times I've asked about the card, but he was pretty vague and never gave me an exact day that it was shipped. His replies just seemed like he was giving me a run-around to buy time. To be honest, everyone I've dealt with here so far has shipped promptly and I've never had to ask this question. I myself, try to do the same as well and ship the same/next day after I get a payment for a card. If the guy had a reason for shipping late, he could easily just be honest and tell me. I wouldn't have had to ask the question here if he would have just been more straight forward. Two weeks later and I still really don't know what's going on with the status of my card.
Maybe he was drunk then...No excuse not to Remember when it was shipped or supply a dc#
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

1 week, then it is time to start the claim filing process. (If we are both in the USA)
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
1 week, then it is time to start the claim filing process. (If we are both in the USA)
Dats Right
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
agreed, no exceptions to this.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Where's tnarg when you need him.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
If someone takes your money, does not send the cards but they issue a refund that makes it ok? I dont understand that. The seller did not follow thru on his obligation and held this guys money for good period of time with no intention of sending the cards. How is this a positive transaction? The whole letting it go thing is why people keep doing it.
at the very least, neutral.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I think a neutral is warranted at the very least. Warning people via these callout threads works for those who read this forum regularly, but not for the casual buyer who may not be as vigilant.

It's not okay to hold someone's money for an indefinite period of time, whether it's $5 or $500.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Here was my reply from him today: "The card is on its way, and should be there by Friday." Sounds like even more run-around...not once was it stated when it was actually sent. I paid for the card on the 8th promptly immediately after we were discussing the sale. On the 15th (1 week later) I simply asked if it had been sent yet and this was my reply from him: "It's in the mail now, should arrive by the end of this week. Thanks again!" So come Saturday (end of the week and now 11 days since payment) I decided to ask again since it wasn't in Saturdays mail. This was my reply that day: "The package is in the mail, as of last week. Should arrive any day." Last week huh? Since it was a holiday weekend I thought I'd give it until Tuesday (Yesterday, and 2 weeks since I paid). It didn't arrive Tuesday, didn't arrive today and the quote I stated at the top was what I hear back today. I can't seem to get anything out of him. I haven't been rude to him and all, just simply saying that my patience is wearing a little thin considering it feels like I'm getting the run-around. Needless to say, claim was filed.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well what do you know...file a claim and he decides to do something. He put a tracking number on the claim for a package that shows as accepted at his local post office today. I don't understand why someone would lie about a simple $5 purchase.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well what do you know...file a claim and he decides to do something. He put a tracking number on the claim for a package that shows as accepted at his local post office today. I don't understand why someone would lie about a simple $5 purchase.
Neg him for being a DoucheBag
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Neutral at a minimum for lying and taking so long to ship.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone that refuses to send thier end until a paypal claim is opened should be auto banned.Period,no exceptions.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

The more I think about it, the more I agree with Crystal on this. If he had said "hey, I messed up. I'm sending today." I may feel a little different. The fact he lied about it multiple times is uncalled for. No excuse for it at all.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Even if you end up with the card, I would still be inclined leave a negative. Lies on top of lies, poor communication and not shipping for two weeks definitely do not make for a neutral experience. Would be like saying the end justified the means in a way, regardless of the comment.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

I had a deal go south. Paid around Christmas; didn't ever get a DC #. Around the 7-8th, asked for a refund. After a few days, got one. 3 weeks later - ie the 24th-25th of January, the package shows up with a postmark of 1/3.

I resent the paypal to the seller.

I never called him out.

This is why we wait, or at least, we get all the facts, so that we don't turn into a lynch mob.