Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New members sending first?

Hey, just have a quick question. Me being a new member, is it expected that I would send first after a sale? If so, am I protected? I was asked to send first and just don't know the norm on this forum. Thanks for the advice!
adamrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrosen View Post
Hey, just have a quick question. Me being a new member, is it expected that I would send first after a sale? If so, am I protected? I was asked to send first and just don't know the norm on this forum. Thanks for the advice!
It's not a forum rule or anything, but it is within his rights in the negotiation to ask you to send first, just like it is your right to tell agree to send first, or not.
1/1s - 7/21 = 33%
verbal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

i sent first on a recent deal, its only fair to earn trust, not be entitled to it.
CrisCarter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok thanks for the help. Just trying to learn about the forum.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well, if you're selling something and someone buys, money comes first before product goes out. But if it is a trade, they more than likely will ask you to send first since your iTrader is at zero. They do it out of protection for them.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

www.photobucket.com/bullcitysportscards
michaelspopejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I don't think the part people are seeing is the "sale" piece - or not everyone is.

I'd absolutely ask you to send first on a trade.
I personally might ask you to send first on a sale - but would totally understand if you didn't because I have some level of Paypal protection. Obviously my loss if you didn't send first and that'd be up to me if I was willing to lose the purchase over it.

If I were you I'd offer to use a middle man - that way you are protected as well as the buyer - and you don't have to "send first" that way on a sale.

There is another thread on here about that where a brand new person sent first on a sale - and 90% of people said he was nuts for doing it since the buyer had Paypal protection.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

If it's a trade and the other member has good feedback you will be fine sending first if they want you to. However, if it's a sale there really isn't really a reason to as the buyer is protected by Paypal anyway.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbal13 View Post
It's not a forum rule or anything, but it is within his rights in the negotiation to ask you to send first, just like it is your right to tell agree to send first, or not.
Correct. If the buyer is paying with paypal he is protected. If you send before receiving payment, you are not protected if the buyer never pays.

As stated above it is your perogative to not agree to a deal with a member asking you to send before paymemt. Even if the member has stellar feedback you could still run into a situation like what happened a couple threads below this where the buyer had time to list the card on ebay, but not send payment due to an "emergency".
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

It was for a sale and not a trade. The buyer has perfect feedback for what that is worth so ill give it a try while I build up feedback. The worst thing that can happen is I'm
Out the card I guess
Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrader View Post
If it's a trade and the other member has good feedback you will be fine sending first if they want you to. However, if it's a sale there really isn't really a reason to as the buyer is protected by Paypal anyway.
Yea but maybe someone does not like the idea of having thier money tied up in a claim for 3 weeks if the new person never sends.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Only in Trades do you send first..Buyer is protected by Paypal...Other than that..You be leary of them
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
It was for a sale and not a trade. The buyer has perfect feedback for what that is worth so ill give it a try while I build up feedback. The worst thing that can happen is I'm
Out the card I guess
Why not use a middle man then if the buyer won't pay now? That's the only other logical route to take.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Yea but maybe someone does not like the idea of having thier money tied up in a claim for 3 weeks if the new person never sends.
Yep - This describes me on a higher end sale. I won't necessarily buy from a new seller, even if protected, because I don't like dealing with the Paypal process of tying up my money or potentially the hassle if the seller could try a scam and send an empty package or something. Just harder to prove with Paypal.

I always offer the middle man route with new sellers. If they don't like that idea then I usually don't deal with them since (for high dollar sales at least) as it's such an easy option and plenty of people here offer their services that I would trust.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Why not use a middle man then if the buyer won't pay now? That's the only other logical route to take.
The OP needs to forget about the Buyer IMO....You, I and others Started with 0. I sent Money orders before I knew what Paypal was...As long as you are honest,Communicate well and use you head there should no problem..I know there is a Ton of Trash here, But if you ask questions and look at feedback you should be fine
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

How does a middle man work and how do you find one willing to do it?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
This. I'm the buyer that asked.
I understand if he doesn't want to agree, and I know I'm protected by Paypal. I just don't want to mess with a potential claim from a brand new member. No offense to the OP, I'm just being pretty conservative.
mr10pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

never ever send the card before you get the money, i dont care what the itraders are!!!!!
bjs852 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

I use cash sometimes, and in such cases I do ask new members to send first on sales since both sides are mailing something tangible. Though this is usually for low dollar stuff like $10 and under.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
How does a middle man work and how do you find one willing to do it?
You both send your parts of the trade to an agreed upon person, who would then forward each parties end of the trade to the recipient once both ends are received by them. PM one of the mods, iluvfish2 or pskell. They would probably be able to help you out.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Never send 1st on a sale
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

This site is great I recently signed up for SCF and sold two cards gave PayPal and he said he set up the trade money would come after cards recieved. I refused and the mods after being forwarded my refusal suspended me so I don't use SCF any more. I will not send first on sales. Trades ill send first and just ask that you send within 24 hours of me providing tracking. If not then I move on. People may not deal with me but I'll never get scammed.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #22 (permalink)

Don't send before receiving payment. If the member is worried about having to file a claim or having the payment in limbo for a few weeks then they can find the card somewhere else. The buyer is protected by paypal. There is no reason for you to lose a card because a member with more feedback can say they didn't get it. It's a lose lose if you send first in a sale so don't do it!

Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Don't send before receiving payment. If the member is worried about having to file a claim or having the payment in limbo for a few weeks then they can find the card somewhere else. The buyer is protected by paypal. There is no reason for you to lose a card because a member with more feedback can say they didn't get it. It's a lose lose if you send first in a sale so don't do it!
How can they say they did not recieve if there is a tracking#? Everyone has thier opinion. Trust with me is not given until its earned. On Ebay you have to send payment but they back you up 100%. You do not recieve that on here.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
How can they say they did not recieve if there is a tracking#? Everyone has thier opinion. Trust with me is not given until its earned. On Ebay you have to send payment but they back you up 100%. You do not recieve that on here.
If you pay with paypal here it's the same protection as paying with paypal via ebay. I can kind of understand both sides of the spectrum as far as wanting to send first with 0 feedback, but it's the same protection either way.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

DO NOT SEND FIRST ON SALES. simple as that
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote