Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #26 (permalink)

For the time being you can reply to the neg by saying he wanted the refund before sending the card back. There should be a link on the bottome left corner of your feedback page to reply.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

I would definately not give up with ebay. Like you said, the person on the other line barely understood english. All they could probably understand was reading what his feedback to you said which was that the item was damaged. When you call back mention that in all the messages he never said anything about any damage. The entire time it was about buyers remorse and being able to find the new card somewhere else for cheaper.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Update... just got this message from him:

Quote:
Just to let you know, I got a new case for the card today and found out that the card has damage on i too. The "R" and "G" jersey parts have stuff all over it. By mailing damage goods is how you do business, then that is poor business. I will let you just refund $750 like I originally stated, or I will be contacting Ebay about this on Monday. Thanks
This is the eBay auction page: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Ridiculous.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

ok this guy is officially a d*ck in my book. yes you will probably have to refund at this point but he must go through the proper way of doing it. it sucks. I would also ask for a scan of the full card and everything so you have a before and after (your scans vs his and what you get back). he def. tries to extort money or extra stuff from sellers. he's getting on my blocked lists asap!
he needs to file the claim w/pp and ebay and send back to you the same way you sent to him before he gets a dime back IMO.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
ok this guy is officially a d*ck in my book. yes you will probably have to refund at this point but he must go through the proper way of doing it. it sucks. I would also ask for a scan of the full card and everything so you have a before and after (your scans vs his and what you get back). he def. tries to extort money or extra stuff from sellers. he's getting on my blocked lists asap!
he needs to file the claim w/pp and ebay and send back to you the same way you sent to him before he gets a dime back IMO.
He's going to damage the card. I'm sure of it.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
yes you will probably have to refund at this point
Why? The guy clearly stated that he was looking to return the card because he had buyer's remorse (or found another one cheaper). That's against Ebay's policy and all the OP will have to do is show that, plus the guy threatening to leave negative FB.

OP, just keep asking for a different operator until you get one from the states who can understand what is actually going on.
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
Update... just got this message from him:

This is the eBay auction page: Robert Griffin III RG3 Andrew Luck Topps Triple Threads Auto Relic Book 10 | eBay

Ridiculous.
This is really going to be an interesting outcome. I have no idea how ebay and paypal are going to rule on this. You have proof that the entire time he was trying to make up ways to return the item that were not valid. First, he says the case was sealed with tape and even when offered to buy a new one he refused. Then he states he found one cheaper somewhere else. Then he states that he needs money back immediately. Finally after he already left you a negative feedback claiming it was damaged he now opens it up and 'discovers' the damage to it when he never saw it before he allegedly opened it up. I hope that by this point he has lost all credibility in this deal in the eyes of ebay and paypal and that now he is just trying to find a 'valid' excuse to return it instead of the 3 non-valid ones he initially gave. Knowing how they do things at ebay and paypal it wouldnt shock me that they rule against the seller, however at least in this case I think you would have a fighters chance. If he had initially just come out and say it was damaged and he wants a refund there would have been nothing you could have done.

Last edited by GOWIFB; 01-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
There are going to be positives and negatives to asking for scans. Personally, if I was the seller I would not ask for scans of the card. This buyer really doesnt seem to know what the heck he is doing here. If he thinks he needs to prove the damage by sending a scan then he will likely intentionally damage the card. What I would do is just run it through ebay and paypal at this point and let them decide. At this time you have pretty good evidence of buyers remorse and possible feedback extortion. If you get ruled against then at least you have a good chance of getting the card back in the same condition. But if the buyer goes ahead and damages the card so he can 'prove' it was damaged, and paypal/ebay rules against you, now you are out the money and also have a damaged card back

Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #34 (permalink)

Update:

I won't post the actual messages because they contain his personal information. Let's just say my interwebs investigation skills are pretty good and I'm calling this punk out (side note: his parents dropped $14,000 a semester for him to go to a private alternative school for misfit and disobedient children... I'd ask for my money back). He seems to be backing down however you can't expect irrational idiots to act rationally in the face of reality, so I'm not holding my breath.

I am also transferring my balance out of PayPal to prevent a hold on it if he files a claim.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #35 (permalink)

And.... it looks like the adventure is over. He revised the feedback. I imagine he didn't want me speaking to his parents about his behavior
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #36 (permalink)

Congrats on a positive outcome. Maybe I'll bump in to you at Jim's sometime!!