Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Avoid edswitzer2012

He bought an RGIII/Luck Booklet from me. The second he won the auction last Sunday, he wrote:

Quote:
I dont get paid till Wednesday, so that is when Im paying for this card. Hope that isnt a problem and thanks!
Well, after some back and forth he agreed to pay me on on Monday.

Today he writes:

Quote:
you put tape on the case, like wtf. Now you ruined the case and I have to buy a new one. Thanks alot dude
Yes, I taped the mag case shut for transport. Best idea in the world? Probably not but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. I write:

Quote:
My primary concern was security of the card - the cases are only a couple of dollars, I wanted to ensure that the magnet didn't open up and wreck the booklet. I little rubbing alcohol would take any sticky residue off.
He responds:

Quote:
Actually those cases cost a lot more and you need to pay for it
Ok, I write:

Quote:
What are you saying is wrong with the case and how much money do you think it costs to buy one? Are you just saying that's there's sticker residue on it?
He responds again:

Quote:
Dude. U can't even see the card that well. Like there was no need for that much tape or even any for that matter
I write:

Quote:
I'm not sure what you want. I apologize for putting on too much tape to ensure the card was safe in transit. It was nearly a $1,000 card - I wanted to make sure it didn't get damaged. I admit that I wasn't concerned about the plastic case and whether there would be sticker residue on it.
Now I just got this gem:

Quote:
Ok, I dont want to leave you negative feedback and your making it very difficult not too. I would like a refund for the card and I will mail it back to you in the morning. And I WONT tape it, so you can see what I was talking about. Thank you for time and understanding. Take Care and let me know when you issued the refund, so I can package the card back up to ship it out in the morning.
Responded:

Quote:
Leave me negative feedback. I won't put up with this type of extortion. I can give you $8.95 for a new case which is the cost of the exact case on eBay.
Ugh. Judging from his feedback for others, I imagine I'm not the first to experience this.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like he just wanted to use the tape thing as an excuse for buyers remorse.

Don't give in. Take the negative and provide eBay with all of the PM's to get it removed.

I would also send the 10 bucks or so for a new case as a sign of good faith...but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Sounds like he just wanted to use the tape thing as an excuse for buyers remorse.

Don't give in. Take the negative and provide eBay with all of the PM's.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. Having a rough day and it's nice to get support!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

ANDDDDD he wants you to issue a refund BEFORE you get the card back?!?!?!?!

RED FLAGGG
bjs852 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Do not fall for any of that BS! The deal is done, ignore but save any future messages, and move on.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Did he buy the card or the holder? I'm hoping you didn't put anything about the case in the listing or he might have a case. Not saying it's right, but Ebay is funny we all know that.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lol. Refund a 1k card and then he'll send it back!? What a nut. Save your messages from him. It might take a couple of calls, but that sounds like extortion to me.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Do not fall for any of that BS! The deal is done, ignore but save any future messages, and move on.
I'm worried that the card will become "damaged" all of the sudden...
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

It gets better.... new response:

Quote:
no, please dont take it like that. I was only saying that because I think your a great person, who was trying to do the right thing. I really would like to just return it please. Let me know if you can do that. Thanks
I write back:

Quote:
You want to return it because the case has tape residue on it? That doesn't make any sense. I can send you $8.95 for a new case.
He responds with surprising honesty:

Quote:
not just that. I found one at a sports collectible store near where i live for almost $150 cheaper. So if you would not mind refunding me the amount, so I can mail it back tomorrow. Thank you
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Tell him he won't even get the sweat from your scrotum after a 2 hour workout much less $8.95.

Send the Messages to Ebay.

Blocked thanks

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

What's really weird is he has the exact same profile picture as a member here. Could be a total coincidence though.

Tell him he can send it back for a full refund. There is no reason at all to refund before it is returned.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I would send Ebay all the messages and tell him no.

At the LEAST he sends the card back 1st.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

More... my response:

Quote:
It's not my problem that you found another card elsewhere - nothing is preventing you from selling this card yourself to raise the money. Make a 1-day listing and you could be paid tomorrow. I can't help you.
He replies with astonishment:

Quote:
What. Really? Im just asking for a return, because I dont know if, when I will get the money back and i need it asap so i can get this other card.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
What's really weird is he has the exact same profile picture as a member here. Could be a total coincidence though.

Tell him he can send it back for a full refund. There is no reason at all to refund before it is returned.
I'm going w/a coincidence. I don't think that is the guy on these boards. what a silly situation. buyers remorse yet again.

guy at my lcs has pulled 3 sweet RG3s in the past week. Saw them this afternoon. Send Ed to Tempe AZ
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
More... my response:

He replies with astonishment:
I'm sure you know this, but if you refund first there is no way to enforce anyone to send the card back. Remain polite, but do not give in. Imo you have enough info to fight any bad feedback he may leave even if he does return it.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

More (me):

Quote:
Even if I were to give you a refund, it'd be through PayPal and PayPal requires YOU to send the card before a refund is issued. Thus, it'd be nearly a week before you received a refund. If you simply sell the card yourself on eBay you might get paid by tomorrow by the new buyer. In any event, you're not getting a refund from me. We completed the transaction. That's how eBay works.
He replies:

Quote:
I dont think so? I had to return something before and I got the refund before I mailed it with no problem, so whats the problem here?
I just responded:

Quote:
Contact PayPal and ask. Under absolutely no circumstances am I refunding you in any event. You got exactly what was described. I am not refunding you because you changed your mind. It's not my responsibility to try to sell this card again. Nothing is stopping you from selling it yourself.
I'm done with him now unless he writes something really entertaining. He's admitted his intentions so there's really no reason to keep going back and forth. I was just worried he was going to make a story about it being damaged (and actually damage it) and then I might be SOL. Feeling pretty confident that I'll get any negative feedback removed if he does leave it.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Can't believe this guy. Yes, he paid me with PayPal:

Quote:
I dont have Pay Pal. Dude last chance or Im going to Ebay
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sorry man I feel for you, hope for the best. Sucks there's so many loopholes selling on ebay
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

This is great - you have handled it perfectly in my opinion. Excellent customer service (offering to replace the case) while also explaining your position clearly to the buyer. I hope everything works out well for you in this deal.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't know why I continue...

Quote:
Then how did you pay me? Of course you have PayPal.

I went to eBay 45 minutes ago for your feedback extortion attempt. You're not entitled to a refund just because you changed your mind. Call up eBay and refer them to these messages which they can read. There is no chance they'll issue a refund - at all. You got what you paid for. That's how eBay works. If you want to sell the card to raise money for a different one, you can do that too.
He just wrote:

Quote:
i paid with my debit card. But, im trying to work with you. Can you at least refund me $750 and I will let you keep the rest for the hassle. So if you want to sell it you can get more and i will pay for return shipping. Does that work? I really need my money asap.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

And... feedback: "BUYER BEWARE...Worst Seller EVER!!!!! damage card and would not let me return it"
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

He tried the same thing on an RG3 auto he won in November. Sorry this happened to you OP. I'm sure if you contact ebay and show them his messages they will remove the neg.
Djameson79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djameson79 View Post
He tried the same thing on an RG3 auto he won in November. Sorry this happened to you OP. I'm sure if you contact ebay and show them his messages they will remove the neg.
Someone from India on eBay customer service line, who barely understood what was going on, refused to remove the feedback. She kept saying that it wasn't extortion, it's eBay's policy to allow for immediate refunds, and that the buyer's opinion is that the card was damaged and the buyer is entitled to his opinion. The entire conversation is here - you guys have seen everything.

Thoughts?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

You got screwed nuff said
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

You absolutely have a case to have the feedback removed. Keep calling eBay. I always call at 5am PST sharp and get an American nearly every time.

Sorry OP, this sucks.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote