Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Back out? Should I do anything?

First of all - my experience here on Blowout has been very positive! Lots of great sales/purchases/trades - and I really enjoy the group breaks. Just not sure if I do anything about this or let it pass.

Had a member PM me offering an amount that I found acceptable for a card I had up for sale.

"Hey can i do the Belt for 15$, that is the highest i'll go"

I agreed to the price and sent payment information. The member is on during this time and after a while I send a second message asking if he was still interested and to please respond either way. No response from the member that night.

He logged on again in the morning - so after a couple more hours I send another message asking him to let me know either way as I'd like to list the card on Ebay if he is not interested. He has logged in a few more times since that message on Friday morning and not responded.

I've not had this happen before - so just curious if there is any recourse with this or as I said before should I just let it be water under the bridge. This seems to fit what I have understood is a back out - is that correct?

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Perhaps the person who backed out on you saw some of the other threads regarding this issue and seen that the other people who backed out of thier deals did not get bad feedback left for them. Maybe he thought it was ok to back out of the deal since alot of other people do it with no repercussions at all. Just a thought. This is how this site operates. If you are gonna stick around you have to get used to it. People turn a blind eye to this and slow shippers. I dont know why they just do. You would think they would want to know who the slow shippers and non paying buyers are.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Perhaps the person who backed out on you saw some of the other threads regarding this issue and seen that the other people who backed out of thier deals did not get bad feedback left for them. Maybe he thought it was ok to back out of the deal since alot of other people do it with no repercussions at all. Just a thought. This is how this site operates. If you are gonna stick around you have to get used to it. People turn a blind eye to this and slow shippers. I dont know why they just do. You would think they would want to know who the slow shippers and non paying buyers are.
I TOTALLY understand Crystal's frustration but in the internet world saying "I'll take it" means nothing unless payment is made.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this recently because I see people getting on Crystal for her postings. To borrow a line form The Legend of Billie Jean..."Fair is Fair"

Your options- Leave a negaitve. If buyer is a spnieless member of the "Participation Ribbon" generation and wil not man up for their actions they will then leave you a negative. Will it be removed? Probably not.

Leave a neutral- Same as above but unless people look at "buyers" iTrader they will never see it.

Make an Informational Thread here. Warn members of what this person did. State the facts of the case and don't get defensive. Just post something like "I will not deal with "Member Name" again and I suggest you don't either and here is why."

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

People really need to view these types of trades just like shopping in real life.

If I walk into a Best Buy and pick up a box containing headphones off the shelf, does this mean I automatically buy it? What if I decided to walk around and change my mind and put it back on the shelf, walking out and not buying it? Does this mean I backed out on buying the product and Best Buy has the right to arrest me or not following through on a transaction?

Can you imagine how many people would be banned from stores for picking up an item from a shelf and then changing their mind on buying it?

The best thing anyone can do when someone doesnt follow through on a transaction is to never do business with them again. Just like in our offline lives, if a store treats me bad, I never shop there again. I hurt them where it counts.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
People really need to view these types of trades just like shopping in real life.

If I walk into a Best Buy and pick up a box containing headphones off the shelf, does this mean I automatically buy it? What if I decided to walk around and change my mind and put it back on the shelf, walking out and not buying it? Does this mean I backed out on buying the product and Best Buy has the right to arrest me or not following through on a transaction?

Can you imagine how many people would be banned from stores for picking up an item from a shelf and then changing their mind on buying it?

The best thing anyone can do when someone doesnt follow through on a transaction is to never do business with them again. Just like in our offline lives, if a store treats me bad, I never shop there again. I hurt them where it counts.
This isn't best buy who for the most part has multiple items in stock. When some says "I'll take it" the item here then the seller has taken it off the market for other buyers.

If you want to "think about it" you shouldn't say "I'll take it". You should say "let me think about it".

Imo a neutral is justified. Only a neg if they string you along for days and then back out.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
This isn't best buy who for the most part has multiple items in stock. When some says "I'll take it" the item here then the seller has taken it off the market for other buyers.

If you want to "think about it" you shouldn't say "I'll take it". You should say "let me think about it".

Imo a neutral is justified. Only a neg if they string you along for days and then back out.
If you take it off the shelf, you are assumed to buying it as well. If you want to think about it then dont take it off the shelf. Its the exact same thing,

When you do that at Best buy and dont end up buying it, guess what happens? They put it back up for sale. If someone states theyll take it and they dont, guess what you should do? put it back up for sale.

Im not justifying why the guy said he'll take it and didnt. But its apart of the buying/selling world. Need to put in extra effort to make a buck. No one said its an easy ride with no problems!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Sorry Jay you cannot put real life situations into this.

So if it is OK for the "buyer" to do what he did in the OP then the seller should just be able to ignore the "buyer" after he pays and just refund the money without any explaination at all.

As far as I am concerned you are only as good as your word. If YOU make me an offer and I accept and send you the payment info and DON'T pay or reply I will then tell everyone I know not to deal with you.

Buyer could have easily replied with "Sorry I changed my mind" Not MUCH better but still being honest and communication.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

So if it is OK for the "buyer" to do what he did in the OP then the seller should just be able to ignore the "buyer" after he pays and just refund the money without any explaination at all.

As far as I am concerned you are only as good as your word. If YOU make me an offer and I accept and send you the payment info and DON'T pay or reply I will then tell everyone I know not to deal with you.

Buyer could have easily replied with "Sorry I changed my mind" Not MUCH better but still being honest and communication.
Agreed 100%. I think a ton of this has to do with ones teaching of honesty and integrity at a young age. Too many do not honor their word. If you do not at least have that then what do you have. You just get filed under the peice of shat category
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
If you take it off the shelf, you are assumed to buying it as well. If you want to think about it then dont take it off the shelf. Its the exact same thing,

When you do that at Best buy and dont end up buying it, guess what happens? They put it back up for sale. If someone states theyll take it and they dont, guess what you should do? put it back up for sale.

Im not justifying why the guy said he'll take it and didnt. But its apart of the buying/selling world. Need to put in extra effort to make a buck. No one said its an easy ride with no problems!
If you put an item in your cart at Best Buy it's off the shelf for what? 30 minutes max? And only if it was the last item on the shelf would it possibly cost the multi-million dollar corporation a sale.

Blowout doesn't have a shopping cart.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

Im in no way saying this guy was ok to do what he did. All im saying is that its less of a headache to walk away from the this and not deal with the buyer ever again.

Ive had a ton of people back out on deals with me. I moved on and made the sales.

Seems like communication is lacking in most cases which causes the breakdown of the transactions.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

That was the great thing about SCF trade manager. Both parties had to agree to the trade by clicking agree. Once they clicked agree, they were then locked in and negative feedback could of been left.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

So then you are saying its ok to say "I will take it" and then not pay? Just a simple yes or no will do.We are taliking about on here,not what happens at best buy.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

The fact that the OP kept contacting him and was ignored is what is just ridiculous. Man up and say you don't want it, don't dodge PM's and ignore someone when you say you will buy an item.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

The Best Buy example is not all that relevant. A more appropriate analogy would be putting something on layaway at a store (i.e. seller holds a card for a buyer who said they will buy it), and then not coming back for it at all (i.e. no response from buyer after seller's payment info was sent). The interest in an item in said example and on here is not assumed, but concretely explicit.

The buyer from the OP's case just wasted his time and energy, and obviously avoided his PMs. It's an issue of communication and honesty - 'moving on' as a seller is easy. Just amazes me how so many people on here hide their lack of common sense and manners behind anonymity.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Nevermind.

Last edited by Davesportscards; 01-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Toeing the line here to some extent is the only thing i see
he did not say " I will buy it if you agree to 15.00"
he simply asked if you would sell it for X as that was all he could pay

no call out, no feedback, moot topic as there is/was no deal
So the only thing you can do is man up and let it go. If you leave feedback I am fairly sure,once reviewed and PMs checked, it will be removed and you handled

Yes, this is like a situation that happens off the internet ( Not sure why you guys call them real life, as this is all real life)
If I call a guy and ask him if X can be had for Z since Z is all I have and he calls back and leaves a message on my service saying YES...I am under no obligation to run over and pay him. If I say I will take X if you will take Z for it, then I have an obligation.

I think the OP just really needs the 15.00 hence this even being confused as an issue,then again, I see someone quoted CK, whom I ended up ignoring and of course, he is riding that same horse without using his head
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

The assumption that I need the $15 is pretty funny.

At any rate - I posed the question because I find this type of situation frustrating. Not the fact that he didn't purchase the card, but that he refused to communicate in any way after asking about the card in a way that led me to believe he was a buyer. I held the card for him for almost two days and finally gave up.

I agree after re-reading his message to me that he didn't specifically ask to buy it - but what do you think his intentions were?

If you read my post I am simply asking if there is recourse or if I should just let it go. I'm not calling anyone out or throwing a tantrum...just merely asking the opinion of my esteemed BO forum members.

Hopefully I can summon a level of masculinity that will allow me to achieve a level of superior altitude about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Toeing the line here to some extent is the only thing i see
he did not say " I will buy it if you agree to 15.00"
he simply asked if you would sell it for X as that was all he could pay

no call out, no feedback, moot topic as there is/was no deal
So the only thing you can do is man up and let it go. If you leave feedback I am fairly sure,once reviewed and PMs checked, it will be removed and you handled

Yes, this is like a situation that happens off the internet ( Not sure why you guys call them real life, as this is all real life)
If I call a guy and ask him if X can be had for Z since Z is all I have and he calls back and leaves a message on my service saying YES...I am under no obligation to run over and pay him. If I say I will take X if you will take Z for it, then I have an obligation.

I think the OP just really needs the 15.00 hence this even being confused as an issue,then again, I see someone quoted CK, whom I ended up ignoring and of course, he is riding that same horse without using his head

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
The assumption that I need the $15 is pretty funny.

At any rate - I posed the question because I find this type of situation frustrating. Not the fact that he didn't purchase the card, but that he refused to communicate in any way after asking about the card in a way that led me to believe he was a buyer. I held the card for him for almost two days and finally gave up.

I agree after re-reading his message to me that he didn't specifically ask to buy it - but what do you think his intentions were?

If you read my post I am simply asking if there is recourse or if I should just let it go. I'm not calling anyone out or throwing a tantrum...just merely asking the opinion of my esteemed BO forum members.

Hopefully I can summon a level of masculinity that will allow me to achieve a level of superior altitude about this.
To achieve this, you should take the guy to small claims court!!

This is not geared towards you, but rather all the gung ho witch hunters in this thread. They seem to want to burn anyone and everyone at the stake for non payment. They whine and cry about. But ive never seen them do anything about it.

HOw many of you vampire hunters have left negs for nonpayment? How many of you have travelled to pay the guy a visit at their doorstep because you're so tough and demand $12 right now because you agreed to pay online but didnt?

Im willing to bet people just walk away from such situations more often then not. THe best thing you can do is not to deal with that person again. Warn others? Sure. But non transactions eventually leads to a lesson learned.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

There are too many impatient sellers that want to flip just to flip product. Then they get butt hurt because the situation didn't go in the way they wanted. So to satisfy their butt hurtness, they respond with stupid call out threads and threatening itrader reviews.

To many immature sellers around here.
hoopster3977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Deadbeat buyers are everywhere on here. Unfortunately, if you neg them a retalitory neg will be left and mods will do nothing about it. Absolute joke of a process and yet another reason why ITRADER on here is completely useless.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
To achieve this, you should take the guy to small claims court!!

This is not geared towards you, but rather all the gung ho witch hunters in this thread. They seem to want to burn anyone and everyone at the stake for non payment. They whine and cry about. But ive never seen them do anything about it.

HOw many of you vampire hunters have left negs for nonpayment? How many of you have travelled to pay the guy a visit at their doorstep because you're so tough and demand $12 right now because you agreed to pay online but didnt?

Im willing to bet people just walk away from such situations more often then not. THe best thing you can do is not to deal with that person again. Warn others? Sure. But non transactions eventually leads to a lesson learned.

If you're betting, you can pay up now. I've had it happen twice, and twice I've left a neutral. The first neut I left ended up getting worked out with the guy so I had it changed. The second probably should've been a neg. Guy asked me to hold some cards for a week. I did. Friday comes up and he asks for my Paypal, says he'll pay saturday. Then he ignores my PM's for a few days while he makes more buying threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
There are too many impatient sellers that want to flip just to flip product. Then they get butt hurt because the situation didn't go in the way they wanted. So to satisfy their butt hurtness, they respond with stupid call out threads and threatening itrader reviews.

To many immature sellers around here.
So in your opinion it's ok to say "I'll take it" without actually taking it? But the guy who wants paid is immature...
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

And just to clarify, there's a big difference between being honest about changing your mind and just flat out ignoring pms or making up BS excuses. If you tell me "hey, sorry I changed my mind" I'd be alot mpre apt to forget about it then if you wait a week and then ignore me or tell me about some tragic event that caused your puppy to go to the vet even though you're still actively buying. That's the part that sellers get the most "butthurt" about.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
If you're betting, you can pay up now. I've had it happen twice, and twice I've left a neutral. The first neut I left ended up getting worked out with the guy so I had it changed. The second probably should've been a neg. Guy asked me to hold some cards for a week. I did. Friday comes up and he asks for my Paypal, says he'll pay saturday. Then he ignores my PM's for a few days while he makes more buying threads.

So in your opinion it's ok to say "I'll take it" without actually taking it? But the guy who wants paid is immature...
I left a seller a neg on here for taking 42 days to get my item. He replied to my neg with a "It takes time to ship to Canada". I showed the mods that I paid July 17th but the damn thing wasnt even sent out till Aug 7th. Doesnt matter how long it took to get to me.. the fact that the seller decided to send it out 20 days after payment irks me and claims the neg was warranted! I have people who question my character based on the neg. How does that even help me!!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
I left a seller a neg on here for taking 42 days to get my item. He replied to my neg with a "It takes time to ship to Canada". I showed the mods that I paid July 17th but the damn thing wasnt even sent out till Aug 7th. Doesnt matter how long it took to get to me.. the fact that the seller decided to send it out 20 days after payment irks me and claims the neg was warranted! I have people who question my character based on the neg. How does that even help me!!
Ok. Now I'm confused. What does any of this have to do with backing out of a buy?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

So you want to neg a buyer just because he or she had a change in mind for the purchase? Or would you rather have the buyer want to return the item for full refund? Just move on, no need for the drama and being butt-hurt because the seller didn't get his/her way in the "supposed" transaction.

This whole transaction board is a joke due to children and immature adults here.
hoopster3977 is online now   Reply With Quote