Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommy! View Post
Oh, wow, chill out, I've had 1/1s arrive with no penny sleeve or top loaders, worst was when my Kershaw 2006 BC Auto arrived in that manner, but if the card is fine, on to the next one!
I'm glad you're happy, I know if it was damaged you wouldn't be.

You can be fine with it, however doesn't mean everyone else has too..
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucho View Post
I think the issue here is the seller is charging $5 for shipping + insurance. If packed properly, cards shouldn't need insurance (high valued items are different). So he's way overpricing shipping costs and then charging customers insurance to cover his ass because of his lame shipping practices. Regardless if the item is damaged or not I feel like he deserves a negative or at least something to make him stop shipping that way. He's very very lucky the card made it undamaged...
shipping was free in the listing.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #28 (permalink)

at least he wrapped it in something i once gout a card in a white envelope without even a penny sleeve so whats the deal the guy wrapped it in something and put in something reinforced to protect it
bbcardsrgreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

I re-use the ziplock bag and put chips in them for lunch.
More people needs to use ziplock bag.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

free shipping doesn't give sellers carte blanch to just throw the card in the mail unprotected. They need to clarify how they plan to ship with free shipping. I love free shipping as much as the next guy, but I don't want to get a card damaged in transit because they cut corners due to the free shipping.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

every card should be standard penny sleeved and toploaded if shipping out as singles. If its in a lot, atleast penny sleeved and supported with decoys. Nothing less.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #32 (permalink)

Negative or neutral is very appropriate for this situation. People have to learn that they can't get away with that kind of crap.

He put you in a situation you wouldn't have had to dealt with had a normal person with any sort of brains shipped instead.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

I opened a case with ebay, due to this moron not understanding best practice shipping.

Seller's message:
"That picture is exactly how the card looked. I shipped it properly and double bagged it. I also have in my description I offer no returns or refunds. I shipped it in great condition."

Your message to the seller:
"I don't think you understand that *double bagging* a sports card isn't the best practice and can easily be damaged, which is what I received a damaged card. You never made an attempt to ship in best practice with penny sleeve and top loader. You use an oversize envelope with no bubble protection, and a ziplock bag. The card in the picture is not how I received the card in the mail, the card I received in the mail is damaged. You may have shipped it while it was in great condition, however the way you shipped it was wrong, as it had no protection around it."
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan25 View Post
Didn't know that there was a feedback revision, I will do that!

Thanks for all the help. Again I was just disappointed to see it come like that.
Quote:
That is what I should had done. I've gotta work on that.

How did it work out. Any updates

edit wait what so the card has since become damaged since your last postings about feedback revision
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
that bottom right corner is clearly damaged, because of seller carelessness. I'd leave a neg myself to be honest.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #36 (permalink)

bottom right corner looks exactly the same as the auction.

Strange how it went from I am gonna revise the feedback to damage

Both Mental patients Blocked
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
After blowing it up on here, bottom right looks bad.

Note, I immediately placed it into a penny sleeve and toploader..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
bottom right corner looks exactly the same as the auction.

Strange how it went from I am gonna revise the feedback to damage

Both Mental patients Blocked
Are you mental? LOL

After blowing it up, and AFTER leaving feedback yesterday I stated the bottom right was damaged.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

eBay Feedback Profile for pcg92

Another poster who left feedback had the same exact issue.

So am I still the *bad guy* here? Hmmmm.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #39 (permalink)

Is it egregious he sent the card like that. Sure is.
Did i get there damaged? I do not think so. You do not have to like the way he gets it there as long as its undamaged. Blowing any card up with a pre existing condition is going to magnify. My pt was you have done a 360 from i am gonna have him send me a revision request. Who like those games?
So are you mental? I think so as well . So I added you both.
Have fun and Make it a great day
Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Is it egregious he sent the card like that. Sure is.
Did i get there damaged? I do not think so. You do not have to like the way he gets it there as long as its undamaged. Blowing any card up with a pre existing condition is going to magnify. My pt was you have done a 360 from i am gonna have him send me a revision request. Who like those games?
So are you mental? I think so as well . So I added you both.
Have fun and Make it a great day
Might as well add you back, because you're one of those people who just don't get it lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Might as well add you back, because you're one of those people who just don't get it lol.
Boom got me. You win flip flop

edit btw just busting your balls. Really not that serious for me

Last edited by wheeler281; 02-05-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

It's crazy that he would send the card like that. It really isn't that hard to send a card in a penny sleeve and top loader. It's pretty much commen sense.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

I dont like the argument "Well did it get there safe? If so, whats the problem". Its a pathetic argument to say the least.

There should be standards. If sellers do not want to follow such logical standards then the appropriate feedback should be left.

I dont how people can keep their cards in toploaders, 1touches and such yet argue against sending it in them. Does not make sense at all.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
It's crazy that he would send the card like that. It really isn't that hard to send a card in a penny sleeve and top loader. It's pretty much commen sense.
Well considering some of the people on here I am not sure which would be harder for them to apply. Commom sense or just plain old sense. Either way you are probably asking too much. When I recieve something in less then standard shipping practices I just let them know kindly that if we do business again could they please be a little more careful. When someone uses bad shipping practices and your card arrives undamaged it arrived that way because they got lucky. Next time they might not be so lucky. But if they used good shipping practices then luck would no longer be in the equation.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

I can definitely understand the frustration. I have had a few WTF moments when buying cards from ebay. We just have to remember that some people are not as skilled in the art of common sense as others and perhaps direct the frustration into a constructive criticism session with the seller. He may have even offered you a discount since there was a ding on the bottom corner. ...and give the guy sooooome credit. At least he used one of the heavy duty and "Zip-lock"tm freezer bags and not one of the little sandwich baggies.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #46 (permalink)

Just got a package from Canada. Overcharged me for shipping, re-used a ?school bubblemailer, put no cardboard/dummy protection, and I found a big hair inside taped to the toploader...but in the end the card was okay, so I left him a positive and made notes with it.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #47 (permalink)

If a seller fails to ship a card out properly, without a penny sleeve and toploader, regardless if it's damaged or not, I feel neutral feedback should at least be given for the sellers negligence to ship the card out properly. I don't understand why people would just let it go and leave a positive, you're just giving the seller a free pass to not ship out cards properly in the future by doing this. The whole point of leaving feedback is to be able to warn other buyers of the sellers poor practices. I mean, all because your card didn't arrived damaged, doesn't mean future cards that seller ships out won't be damaged.
jeebus_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #48 (permalink)

Ziploc bag...toploader.. it's all plastic.

He got it to you safely. No negative deserved.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

sellers only get 5 feedback revisions they can use in 1 years time. so the seller may not be able to request it.

i see nothing wrong with the neg at all. if i paid 10 bucks for a card and it came in a baggy, i woulda done the same thing. maybe he would wise up and start packing them properly.
shinnox is offline   Reply With Quote