Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My First Negative. Deal with LsujoeyLsu

Just wanted to come back and make a thread on my last deal on here before I decided to take a break.

I sold a lot to him on 1/8 and he did great and paid instantly and had good communication. From here, is where I messed up. things started going really crazy in my life a few days after and I really just lost track of things and took way to long to send out to him and didnt even PM him. There were days where I couldnt even think about cards even if I wanted to because of personal reasons. He messaged me the 20th asking if I had sent out yet. I told him that I hadnt and how sorry I was and how I was going through a lot of things that kind of had to be taken care of first. I told him there was no excuse and that I was completely in the wrong and that I was sorry and he just simply asked for a refund. I messaged him back right away telling him no problem and that I would issue the refund in a few days as soon as my check came in the mail (seeing as I was broke at the time). I also told him that along with the refund, that I was going to send him something for the troubles that I put him through. I was planning on sending him the whole lot that he originally bought free of charge.

This is the part that really bugged me. He was very short and rude about the situation even though I was trying to do anything that I could to somewhat make up for my mistake in any way. In reply to my message telling him I would refund and send him free items, he just simply stated I will file a claim on Wednesday. This was all said on Sunday after I had told him that I would send him the refund in the next few days.

I wake up the next morning, and see that he had already filed a claim after saying he was going to file on wed. I proceeded to refund him fully when my check finally cleared early friday morning.

I guess the reason that I wanted to tell this to all of you, is because in his negative he stated that the only reason he got his refund was because paypal forced it upon me. I could understand a negative for the slow shipping, because I deserved it, but I dont want people to think that I was going to scam him and neglect to refund him.

If you have ever delt with me, you know I usually always have great communication and deal in a professional manner.

End of rant I suppose, just didnt want my name tainted as someone who doesnt file refunds when from the get go I was going to refund him.

P.S. I never sent him the lot because of how rude I felt he was to me, and after he filed the claim that same day after proclaiming that he wouldnt for another 4 days.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

So you are mad I filed a claim after you lied to me twice about sending cards? Here's a thought....Don't spend the money until you ship the cards. I left negative b/c of my experience with you. If you felt I was rude I'm sorry I just get very annoyed at people making excuse after excuse about something like shipping cards. Everyone has things going on in their lives but we live up to our obligations. My feedback speaks for itself as well as my 3500+ on ebay.
LsujoeyLsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsujoeyLsu View Post
So you are mad I filed a claim after you lied to me twice about sending cards? Here's a thought....Don't spend the money until you ship the cards. I left negative b/c of my experience with you. If you felt I was rude I'm sorry I just get very annoyed at people making excuse after excuse about something like shipping cards. Everyone has things going on in their lives but we live up to our obligations. My feedback speaks for itself as well as my 3500+ on ebay.

I never once lied to you once about shipping the cards. You asked me once if I shipped your cards and I said No I had not. I never lied, I was completely honest with you about the whole situation. So I would love if you could tell me when I ever lied about.

And I never once made an excuse. I told you multiple times that I was completely wrong and it was all my fault. Never made an excuse and was even going to send you everything for free after the refund. Not many people would do that, and I wanted to because I felt so bad.

So dont talk about me lying twice (which I never did) when you blatantly lied on Sunday saying you would file a claim in four days, then proceed to do it that night.

My overall experience with you and your attitude and lies was negative as well, but you dont see me going and giving you a negative over an$18 lot which I told you I would refund the instant you asked.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these are the Cliffs Notes :

- You did not mail what was paid for within a reasonable amount of time.
- You spent the money before mailing. Not just before knowing the transaction was completed in a satisfactory way, but plain without even mailing.
- You ask for more time to issue a refund because you can't manage your money.
- You get butthurt because somebody expected you to follow through on a deal when you have their money.
- You again went back on your word and didn't send him anything to make up for screwing up his purchase because "he was rude". How dare he be short and to the point when you have his money for an extended period of time.
- You don't deserve a negative because...well, I couldn't actually find a valid reason. You don't like the wording, I guess?

Yeah, Joey is definitely rude for not dealing with any more runaround and filing a claim to make sure he gets his cash back since you're a fountain of #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@.

Oh, make sure you leave Joey a positive feedback and say "Thanks for the free loan, mister! Golly it was sure swell of you!".

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post

- You spent the money before mailing. Not just before knowing the transaction was completed in a satisfactory way, but plain without even mailing.
- You get butthurt because somebody expected you to follow through on a deal when you have their money.
- You again went back on your word and didn't send him anything to make up for screwing up his purchase because "he was rude". How dare he be short and to the point when you have his money for an extended period of time.
- You don't deserve a negative because...well, I couldn't actually find a valid reason. You don't like the wording, I guess?

Yeah, Joey is definitely rude for not dealing with any more runaround and filing a claim to make sure he gets his cash back since you're a fountain of #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@.

Oh, make sure you leave Joey a positive feedback and say "Thanks for the free loan, mister! Golly it was sure swell of you!".
Thanks for the cliff notes B!

All I can add is I've dealt with Joey numerous times and there's never been a problem.
Bottom9th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've dealt with Joey MANY times through the years on various sites, he's always paid on time and shipped on time. This entire situation could've been avoided if you just took responsibility and shipped the lot out on time. Why should he even have to ask you 12 days later after paying if you had sent the lot out yet. We all have different things going on in our lives, but we as adults have to be responsible and take care of obligations.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

So you took his money, kept it for an inordinate amount of time, and when he requested a refund, you told him he needed to wait. I think you need to change your name to the IRS.

Also collecting Purdue alumni (all sports) and 2003 & 2004 Pristine Gold Refractors.
aeakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

Actually, if you re read my post, I clearly stated that I did 100% deserve the negative. I have never once said that I didnt deserve the negative, I know I deserve it.

The purpose of my post, which was for people who read this and see the negative, not to think that I was never going to not refund him. I had every intention of refunding him and I want people to at least see that, even though everything else I did in the situation was completely wrong.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

So:

You failed in every aspect of the deal. You made this thread because after failing to communicate, ship, or refund, you expected Joey to what, wait even longer to be made whole?

IMO, you probably should have just let this one go and chalk it up to a bad sequence of events. Making a thread about it was kinda....well....stupid.

PS: You should not feel miffed or irritated at any point with what Joey did. I am a pretty trusting person and I would have done the same thing.

and boom goes the dynamite...
seahawks4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

The neg was deserved because you handle the transaction poorly. What's the point of the thread? We all understand what happened.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng99tim View Post
I've dealt with Joey MANY times through the years on various sites, he's always paid on time and shipped on time. This entire situation could've been avoided if you just took responsibility and shipped the lot out on time. Why should he even have to ask you 12 days later after paying if you had sent the lot out yet. We all have different things going on in our lives, but we as adults have to be responsible and take care of obligations.
Yes I agree with this completely and know that the way I handled the situation was 100% wrong. If I would have known anything was going to happen that caused this situation to happen, I never would have made the deal. I would never intentionally damage my rep over something as little as an $18 lot. And like I said, he did everything great on his end and does seem like a great trader, I just didnt appreciate being told that I would have a few days until he filed a claim, and that he put in the feedback that it took a case to finally get his money. That was not the case at all, if I had the money at the moment he asked (which I never should have spent it until I sent), I would have sent it.

I dont want people to take this thread the wrong was as a call out thread directed at him, Because that is not what it was intended to be. It was me just trying to explain that while I WAS 100% wrong in the situation, I had every intention of issuing a full refund, along with send him the lot for free.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
Actually, if you re read my post, I clearly stated that I did 100% deserve the negative. I have never once said that I didnt deserve the negative, I know I deserve it.

The purpose of my post, which was for people who read this and see the negative, not to think that I was never going to not refund him. I had every intention of refunding him and I want people to at least see that, even though everything else I did in the situation was completely wrong.
So you're saying that you deserve the negative while refuting the negative to try and make people ignore the false negative that you agree is fitting but not true?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So you're saying that you deserve the negative while refuting the negative to try and make people ignore the false negative that you agree is fitting but not true?

When did I ever "refute" the negative, or try saying its a "false negative"? I never did that.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
When did I ever "refute" the negative, or try saying its a "false negative"? I never did that.
Maybe I need to double check my dictionary, but pretty sure you stating the opposite of what he did in response to his feedback would be considered "refuting".

Quote:
I guess the reason that I wanted to tell this to all of you, is because in his negative he stated that the only reason he got his refund was because paypal forced it upon me. I could understand a negative for the slow shipping, because I deserved it, but I dont want people to think that I was going to scam him and neglect to refund him.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

I don't know when your life " got crazy" but you were posting on here....

On 1/12
2012 AP All Pro Teams announced

On 1/16
Bears Hire Marc Trestman

On 1/17
Bruce Arians to be Cardinals next head coach

Many more, but just shows you were thinking about cards. So if sale was on 1/8 your story doesn't hold water.

Last edited by sdoug76; 02-05-2013 at 09:11 PM.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I agree with this completely and know that the way I handled the situation was 100% wrong. If I would have known anything was going to happen that caused this situation to happen, I never would have made the deal. I would never intentionally damage my rep over something as little as an $18 lot. And like I said, he did everything great on his end and does seem like a great trader, I just didnt appreciate being told that I would have a few days until he filed a claim, and that he put in the feedback that it took a case to finally get his money. That was not the case at all, if I had the money at the moment he asked (which I never should have spent it until I sent), I would have sent it.

I dont want people to take this thread the wrong was as a call out thread directed at him, Because that is not what it was intended to be. It was me just trying to explain that while I WAS 100% wrong in the situation, I had every intention of issuing a full refund, along with send him the lot for free.
if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck....its probably a duck
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Just wanted to come back and make a thread on my last deal on here before I decided to take a break.

I sold a lot to him on 1/8 and he did great and paid instantly and had good communication. From here, is where I messed up. things started going really crazy in my life a few days after and I really just lost track of things and took way to long to send out to him and didnt even PM him. There were days where I couldnt even think about cards even if I wanted to because of personal reasons. He messaged me the 20th asking if I had sent out yet. I told him that I hadnt and how sorry I was and how I was going through a lot of things that kind of had to be taken care of first. I told him there was no excuse and that I was completely in the wrong and that I was sorry and he just simply asked for a refund. I messaged him back right away telling him no problem and that I would issue the refund in a few days as soon as my check came in the mail (seeing as I was broke at the time). I also told him that along with the refund, that I was going to send him something for the troubles that I put him through. I was planning on sending him the whole lot that he originally bought free of charge.

This is the part that really bugged me. He was very short and rude about the situation even though I was trying to do anything that I could to somewhat make up for my mistake in any way. In reply to my message telling him I would refund and send him free items, he just simply stated I will file a claim on Wednesday. This was all said on Sunday after I had told him that I would send him the refund in the next few days.

I wake up the next morning, and see that he had already filed a claim after saying he was going to file on wed. I proceeded to refund him fully when my check finally cleared early friday morning.

If you have ever delt with me, you know I usually always have great communication and deal in a professional manner.

End of rant I suppose, just didnt want my name tainted as someone who doesnt file refunds when from the get go I was going to refund him.

P.S. I never sent him the lot because of how rude I felt he was to me, and after he filed the claim that same day after proclaiming that he wouldnt for another 4 days.
You f'd up and drew more negative attention to yourself by posting this thread. Not sure I understand the logic, but to each their own I guess.

At least you got Andy Akers to post, and for that, I thank you.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

I just never should have made this thread like someone previously stated. I was posting once in a while and it was wrong of me to not send. This was the first time anything like this has ever happened with me in this hobby and I guess I just over reacted to think that people would understand the point of this thread. I know I deserve the negative, and even though I have said that from the beginning, everyone seems to think that I am trying to talk myself around a negative. My only intention was to state that I was going to refund him, rather than have my feedback look like I was just trying to duck out of the whole situation.

And as for people who say my story doesnt hold water, there is a reason that I have quit the hobby for a while, so I dont think I would make all of this up and just quit the hobby that I have loved since I was a kid for no reason at all.

As for LSU, if you read this, I really am sorry and I am really upset that I let a deal fall through. Im sorry for wasting your time, and worry over some cardboard. Good luck collecting in the future, and hopefully this doesnt happen to you again.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
I don't know when your life " got crazy" but you were posting on here....

On 1/12
2012 AP All Pro Teams announced

On 1/16
Bears Hire Marc Trestman

On 1/17
Bruce Arians to be Cardinals next head coach

Many more, but just shows you were thinking about cards. So if sale was on 1/8 your story doesn't hold water.
RUH ROH SHAGGY
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I just never should have made this thread like someone previously stated. I was posting once in a while and it was wrong of me to not send. This was the first time anything like this has ever happened with me in this hobby and I guess I just over reacted to think that people would understand the point of this thread. I know I deserve the negative, and even though I have said that from the beginning, everyone seems to think that I am trying to talk myself around a negative. My only intention was to state that I was going to refund him, rather than have my feedback look like I was just trying to duck out of the whole situation.

And as for people who say my story doesnt hold water, there is a reason that I have quit the hobby for a while, so I dont think I would make all of this up and just quit the hobby that I have loved since I was a kid for no reason at all.

As for LSU, if you read this, I really am sorry and I am really upset that I let a deal fall through. Im sorry for wasting your time, and worry over some cardboard. Good luck collecting in the future, and hopefully this doesnt happen to you again.

Honestly I stopped reading after like the 3rd post. Apology accepted let just move on.
LsujoeyLsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

If money is so tight, why are you buying sports cards?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send Joey his lot! He's a good dude, and is even willing to let this go
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
You f'd up and drew more negative attention to yourself by posting this thread. Not sure I understand the logic, but to each their own I guess.

At least you got Andy Akers to post, and for that, I thank you.
How's it going, Grant? I wish that was really your eBay name.

Also collecting Purdue alumni (all sports) and 2003 & 2004 Pristine Gold Refractors.
aeakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

I am sure it was an honest mess up...but if this ever happens again (which I'm sure it won't) and you feel the need to make a thread about (which I'm sure you won't) you may want to title it something like:

My first negative, and I deserve it

Then you explain the transaction just like you did (maybe without the part about getting irritated about the paypal claim).

Had you done that, everyone on this forum that isn't a troll would nod their head because we all know, life happens.

and boom goes the dynamite...
seahawks4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeakers View Post
How's it going, Grant? I wish that was really your eBay name.
It's going. How have you been?

And yes, we can hijack this unimportant thread
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote