Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay user to block if you would like to.....

I have the Cracked Ice Contenders Luck Auto on eaby. This guy sends me an offer for a pp direct transaction. After some back and forth negotiation, I agree to sell it to him. He asked that I send an invoice through paypal and I do. He said he would send funds when he got home from work Friday night. I wake up Saturday to a few questions, which I happily answered and told me the funds would be sent over later that morning. At this point I am getting a little apprehensive as it seems he is asking things that probably should have been asked before saying he would take it. Lomg story short, have not heard a peep out of him or seen the money. Seems as he totally flaked out. Luckily it was a pp direct versus ebay, so I could put thelisting back up immediately. Ebay ID is primetm85. Do with what you shall. Sorry for the long read.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I have the Cracked Ice Contenders Luck Auto on eaby. This guy sends me an offer for a pp direct transaction. After some back and forth negotiation, I agree to sell it to him. He asked that I send an invoice through paypal and I do. He said he would send funds when he got home from work Friday night. I wake up Saturday to a few questions, which I happily answered and told me the funds would be sent over later that morning. At this point I am getting a little apprehensive as it seems he is asking things that probably should have been asked before saying he would take it. Lomg story short, have not heard a peep out of him or seen the money. Seems as he totally flaked out. Luckily it was a pp direct versus ebay, so I could put thelisting back up immediately. Ebay ID is primetm85. Do with what you shall. Sorry for the long read.
So you want people to feel sorry for you even though you were conducting an off-ebay transaction that was initiated on ebay. And it went south.

Maybe if you'd said "NO thanks", or reported the initial contact, instead of trying to save on ebay fees......just sayin'...
westerngac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerngac View Post
So you want people to feel sorry for you even though you were conducting an off-ebay transaction that was initiated on ebay. And it went south.

Maybe if you'd said "NO thanks", or reported the initial contact, instead of trying to save on ebay fees......just sayin'...
He didn't ask anyone to feel sorry for him. It was a simple warning of a buyer backing out of a deal.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

What deal tho...the deal to avoid fees?
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
Why wouldn't you have waited until payment was received before ending your listing?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
He didn't ask anyone to feel sorry for him. It was a simple warning of a buyer backing out of a deal.
Please...read between the lines, sport...his whole post is one big "woe is me, this guy screwed me" whining appeal for sympathy, when he was just as guilty as the guy who contacted him in the first place.

Greed is good...until it bites you in the ass, right, Gecko?
westerngac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Please...read between the lines, sport...his whole post is one big "woe is me, this guy screwed me" whining appeal for sympathy, when he was just as guilty as the guy who contacted him in the first place.

Sorry "sport". This whole section of the forum is to warn others. That's what he was doing. He said block him of you want, not OMG this guy royally screwed me!.

Yes i know it's against the rules to take a transaction off ebay, but it happens all the time. Personally I'm much more concerned with the truely shady dealings than saving a couple bucks.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Hit the nail on the head! You get a cookie!
I usually do say "no thanks" to those who offer to do the transaction off of ebay. I figured I would try it once and see what happens.
Quote:
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
What deal tho...the deal to avoid fees?
Guy wanted to go through pp to pay a little less than my highest offer, it would have net me more, so I said sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Why wouldn't you have waited until payment was received before ending your listing?
First time I had agreed to an "off the bay" deal, did not think it through.
Quote:

And another cookie for the Dbag!

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Why are your posts always so nasty? Chill out,will you?
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry "sport". This whole section of the forum is to warn others. That's what he was doing. He said block him of you want, not OMG this guy royally screwed me!.

Yes i know it's against the rules to take a transaction off ebay, but it happens all the time. Personally I'm much more concerned with the truely shady dealings than saving a couple bucks.
Then why do threads speaking about shady dealings keep getting deleated.
Lock your windows and doors. A group of Penguins have been committing home invasions.Yes, thats right, I said Penguins. They are armed and considered extremely dangerous. You have been warned---God Bless--I like turtles--Is an horse a athlete?
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Then why do threads speaking about shady dealings keep getting deleated.
I can't answer that. I don't agree with it either.