Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why have so many people gotten so stupid?

What is with all the bad transactions lately? Is there something in the drinking water? Are people just getting lazy?

Hello dumb dumbs. Simple rules to not getting ripped off.

1) NEVER SEND PAYPAL GIFT
2) Only Trade/Buy from people you trust
3) Ship with DC, and use appropriate packing methods (if there is doubt about how to do this, email a moderator or established member for advice)
4) If an issue arrises, try to work it out via pm
5) NEVER SEND PAYPAL GIFT
6) When in doubt use a middle man such as iluvfish2 or another established and trusted member as detailed here: For any trade, but mostly for high dollar a way to stop scammers
7) Use the itrader system appropriately
8) When there is a problem with a transaction, pm either iluvfish2 and/or pskell02 to resolve the situation early
9) If the trade/transaction doesn't feel right while negotiating the transaction, back out with the reason: I'm not comfortable going forward with this transaction.
10) NEVER SEND PAYPAL GIFT

Now that you have been reminded, try some braingames to get the IQ back up to where you're not drooling on yourself, and more importantly buy, sell, and trade with knowledge.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go take some drugs and return to my medically induced coma.

MMBTVS, who is grateful for pharmacology and is ripping off lobo_hacker with this tagline
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dont forget to mention dont pay via paypal gift.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ship and pay within 24 hours also.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Why have so many people gotten so stupid?

Because this site allows them to be Corbin.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

I love it.

TIL: It isn't YOUR fault that you're stupid, it's Blowout's fault. Got it.
"Do you think Panini is going to respond to this? This is outright fraud. They said the Diamonds were real....they have been proven to be fake. How do they get away with this? Group breakers.............thats how."
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

Ding ding ding.... There is no punishment for shipping late. There is no punishment for backing out of a deal. There is no punishment for retaliatory feedback. We could go on and on and on. I saw a member in a thread tonight who feels its no issue to take 5 days to ship. That is a prime example of the problems around here.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I love it.

When members are not removed after multiple offenses it becomes the fault of the site that allows them to continue going.

Most of the offenders are serial offenders.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Steph Curry & Matt Ryan
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Mama says..Stupid is as stupid does
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I love it.

The site allows people to carry on thier bad behavior over and over and over and thats why people act stupid. Because they can get away with it. You can preach stupidity to some of these people but the college degrees on my wall and the accomplishments I have achieved in my life prove beyond a reasonable doubt that stupidity is about as far away from me as it possibly could be.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
The site allows people to carry on thier bad behavior over and over and over and thats why people act stupid. Because they can get away with it. You can preach stupidity to some of these people but the college degrees on my wall and the accomplishments I have achieved in my life prove beyond a reasonable doubt that stupidity is about as far away from me as it possibly could be.
I see. So you are smart because of the college degrees on your wall and all your many accomplishments. Good to know.

*their
*that's
"Do you think Panini is going to respond to this? This is outright fraud. They said the Diamonds were real....they have been proven to be fake. How do they get away with this? Group breakers.............thats how."
Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I see. So you are smart because of the college degrees on your wall and all your many accomplishments. Good to know.

*their
*that's
I never said I was "so smart" I simply said I was not stupid. There is a diffrence. I believe you took the ops question out of context. I cannot speak for the op but I believe he was trying to get the point across that it is very easy to deal on here and lots of ways to you can avoid getting scammed if we you a little common sense. I dont believe he meant "stupid" as in a measure of ones intelligence.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
I never said I was "so smart" I simply said I was not stupid. There is a diffrence. I believe you took the ops question out of context. I cannot speak for the op but I believe he was trying to get the point across that it is very easy to deal on here and lots of ways to you can avoid getting scammed if we you a little common sense. I dont believe he meant "stupid" as in a measure of ones intelligence.

Fair enough. I really have nothing against you. Just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

I know you hate scammers. We absolutely agree there.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair enough. I really have nothing against you. Just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

I know you hate scammers. We absolutely agree there.
Yes. I have a strong dislike for scammers. Especially when they steal from friends of mine and good honest hard working people. I do understand however that if you choose to do business on the internet that things like this will happen from time to time. You just gotta hope when it does its not a high-end expensive deal. Most of the time when I complain I am just blowing off steam. My approach is horrible and I am aware of that.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I actually like you a lot more right now. Not that I did not like you before, but that post struck me.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

If it was up to me cking could paddle these people when they slip up. Can you take the paddle like a grown man/woman and be better after it? That's on you.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

I think an updated trader system like other sites would help out.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Ship and pay within 24 hours also.
Shipping within 24hrs is ridiculous, news flash people have lives , shipping within 2-3 days is normal.

Honestly this hobby is becoming a joke with all the scammers and unrealistic request's.
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
Shipping within 24hrs is ridiculous, news flash people have lives , shipping within 2-3 days is normal.

Honestly this hobby is becoming a joke with all the scammers and unrealistic request's.
The only time it's acceptable to ship later than 24 hours is if you purchase on a weekend.

Yes, people have lives. But if you're lives are so busy, you shouldn't be selling sports cards and taking your sweet time to ship. Surely everybody owns a printer and can print a label. It's nowhere near unrealistic. It's common courtesy.

Would you be upset if people took 2-3 days to pay? Then why is it okay to take 2-3 days to ship?
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
It doesn't happen often, but there are times when I know if I sell a card on a Tuesday I will most likley not be able to get to to the PO for another day or two, because of my teaching/coaching schedule. We all have things that can keep us busy, however ..... BE UPFRONT ABOUT IT!!

I've always stated to my potential buyers, even before their money has been sent, what my timeline is going to be if it will be more than just 24 hours. It's the right thing to do and every single time I've had to do so they have been appreciative (for me letting them know about it upfront) and have had no problems with the slight delay.

A little bit of honesty and integrity goes a long way to avoid all of these damn call-out threads.

Last edited by IndyKMB; 02-17-2013 at 09:13 AM.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
The only time it's acceptable to ship later than 24 hours is if you purchase on a weekend.

Yes, people have lives. But if you're lives are so busy, you shouldn't be selling sports cards and taking your sweet time to ship. Surely everybody owns a printer and can print a label. It's nowhere near unrealistic. It's common courtesy.

Would you be upset if people took 2-3 days to pay? Then why is it okay to take 2-3 days to ship?
^^^
This exactly. Taking 5 days to ship,especially when the buyer paid immediately,is totally unacceptable. It takes about 2 minutes to print up a label and package the cards properly,ie; with toploaders and team bag into a bubble mailer. If anyone thinks that the way the seller in the other thread does business is acceptable,they are asking for trouble if they ever buy from him. Just my 2 cents...
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

My point is that if you're not doing everything possible to protect yourself from being scammed, then you are at least partially at fault for getting scammed.

Thieves only need one thing to steal. Opportunity.

Take away opportunity and they would be helpless.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post

I don't have a printer so I ship everything by making a trip to the PO. I work 40 hrs + almost every week. I have 5 kids that are in school and play multiple sports. I keep bubble mailers and supplies stocked up. I honestly don't think I have ever shipped anything I have sold after a 24 hour window (unless it was purchased after PO was closed on Saturday). I am certain that if I can ship in a timely manner almost everyone else should be able to as well. However if something arises and a member doesn't get item out in a timely manner a PM would go a long way.

Pending deals:
Greggdemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
My point is that if you're not doing everything possible to protect yourself from being scammed, then you are at least partially at fault for getting scammed.

Thieves only need one thing to steal. Opportunity.

Take away opportunity and they would be helpless.

This is the truth... btw,how you feeling Corbin?
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggdemo View Post
I don't have a printer so I ship everything by making a trip to the PO. I work 40 hrs + almost every week. I have 5 kids that are in school and play multiple sports. I keep bubble mailers and supplies stocked up. I honestly don't think I have ever shipped anything I have sold after a 24 hour window (unless it was purchased after PO was closed on Saturday). I am certain that if I can ship in a timely manner almost everyone else should be able to as well. However if something arises and a member doesn't get item out in a timely manner a PM would go a long way.
As long as you are up gront with a buyer BEFORE accepting $$ it's understandable.

But if you offer me a sweet,nasty sick mojofractor on Monday at 11AM and I pay at 11:30 AM then you don't ship until Friday or Saturday I will have a huge issue with it.

But if I know up front then I pay you and I KNOW what to expect.

COMMUNICATION PEOPLE.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote