Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beware seller: mdogg

I bought the 3 Austin Meadows auto cards and paid promptly (Jan 25) and to date no cards. Now I saw another thread were he is doing the same thing to other people.
Austin Meadows for sale

Last edited by DoubleD; 02-22-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Updating thread.
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
I bought the 3 Austin Meadows auto cards and paid promptly and to date no cards. Now I saw another thread were he is doing the same thing to other people.
Austin Meadows for sale
he started that thread nearly a month ago. looks like he didnt have them sold until you bought them. you didnt state how long ago you paid for them? also youre in canada, may take longer.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Uh oh! When did you pay for the cards? Was it after he sold them to StolenBase? or did that deal fall though?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

did u contact paypal? I hope everything works out for you my friend. not that im surprised by anyones actions but someone with 100% and 79 feedback should be a good member.
CLB215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Not a safe assumption with today's Blowout Boards. He is on his way to be banned tonight. I would recommend immediate Paypal claims for anybody awaiting his cards more than a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB215 View Post
but someone with 100% and 79 feedback should be a good member.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Not a safe assumption with today's Blowout Boards. He is on his way to be banned tonight. I would recommend immediate Paypal claims for anybody awaiting his cards more than a few days.
make sure u get my whole comment in that..lol...it started out "Not that im surprised"
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

And BTW he is still selling cards on here...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

He has perfect feedback. Why is that if he has messed up? How come you haven't posted negative?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroockerd View Post
He has perfect feedback. Why is that if he has messed up? How come you haven't posted negative?
I live in Canada and I give every package sent to me as much time as possible to get to me. I have had packages take over a month to get to me and you can ask people that I have bought from here for proof of that. I was contacted by the seller a few moments after I started this thread, surprise or what. I asked for a tracking# and he sent me one that just shows he shipped something out on Feb 6, but I paid for these cards back on Jan 25. The negative feedback is coming I have a feeling, along with other ones from other buyers here, stay tuned.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I live in Canada and I give every package sent to me as much time as possible to get to me. I have had packages take over a month to get to me and you can ask people that I have bought from here for proof of that. I was contacted by the seller a few moments after I started this thread, surprise or what. I asked for a tracking# and he sent me one that just shows he shipped something out on Feb 6, but I paid for these cards back on Jan 25. The negative feedback is coming I have a feeling, along with other ones from other buyers here, stay tuned.
Oh well I understand yours to being here. These others seem fishy though too and they haven't left negatives either. I'm not doubting you by any means just trying to figure out why this guy has perfect feedback.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I sold Jimmy (doubled) $400 or $500 worth of cards last year and it took FOREVER to get up there to him, maybe a month. I stayed in touch with him quite a bit, but he is a VERY patient guy. I've also dealt with mdogg (bought an orange aune from him) It did take him a little longer to ship than I would like, and I did have to pm him asking if he shipped and can I get tradking, but ultimately the card showed up. He is horrible with communication, no question about that! Hopefully everyone gets their stuff and he is just a prick and not thief!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

He can never respond in his threads but can argue post for post about HOS breaks, guy sent me a damaged card after it was like pulling teeth to get him to send it. Said he is going to give me a partial refund but I doubt I will see it.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
There will be plenty of negatives, I'm sure of it.

Link to the other thread:

Profar and Taveras base chrome Autos for sale, plus Taveras Purple /199

Last edited by 91Braves; 02-23-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure buyers are worried about a retaliatory negative because, as expected in my case, he never left me feedback. Personally, I've never left a negative for anyone on here or on eBay, because I've never really been screwed. In this situation, I received a refund- but it was unexpected and there was no explaination.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
I'm sure buyers are worried about a retaliatory negative because, as expected in my case, he never left me feedback. Personally, I've never left a negative for anyone on here or on eBay, because I've never really been screwed. In this situation, I received a refund- but it was unexpected and there was no explaination.
The mods here will take off any retaliatory negative.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

file your claims now, pay him back if cards actually do arrive. see some of the other threads, he is sick, his friend stole his account, he only posts from his phone. bla bla bla...like jetson said I think he is on his way out of here, if he even logs in again.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
file your claims now, pay him back if cards actually do arrive. see some of the other threads, he is sick, his friend stole his account, he only posts from his phone. bla bla bla...like jetson said I think he is on his way out of here, if he even logs in again.
he was finally banned---get those claims into paypal if you sent him money and still have no cards!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

He tried to sell more cards over the weekend. I brought up his issues and he PM'd me with some medical excuses. Being banned is for the best for all parties.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

He was banned last night after he PMd me. He then was banned and I couldn't respond. My neighbor is owed cards and has filed a claim.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

my question is why is this here and not in the right forum?

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshowboy View Post
my question is why is this here and not in the right forum?
Not sure where it should be but this is the only place I would have seen it. Why do some people worry about where its posted? It's an important post.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

I bought $700 worth of stuff from DoubleD a few months ago and he even paid extra to ship quicker to me from Canada. He's a great member, hope things work out bud.
JEA2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure where it should be but this is the only place I would have seen it. Why do some people worry about where its posted? It's an important post.
because there is an entire section for this

Member Sales/Trade Feedback - Blowout Cards Forums

and people BST cards get tired of seeing threads in the wrong section that are continuously bumped and moving their threads down.

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Just a quick update, as you can tell the seller has now been banned. I have a paypal dispute opened and hope to get it resolved ASAP. In the past 2 months I have dealt with a total of 3 bad members, and all have been banned. But at the same time period have dealt with over 50 other good ones. There are a lot more good people out there than bad ones and BO I think has done well in trying to weed them out.