Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
true. i just wonder if the guy assumed the seller had a cap like I had mentioned. I've seen it overtly mentioned in listings, and i've had sellers do it without putting it in their descriptions as well, so perhaps the buyer was just unlucky enough to assume wrong in this case.

i just think it's funny that we would be laughing a seller off the boards on here if they tried to charge 5.50 for 6 cards but we're patting this one on the back. does it really cost 50 cents to combine items? I think I charge a quarter and have a cap (not that I sell enough at once to ever reach the cap).

and sellers that charge 1 dollar to combine lose my business instantly. that is highway robbery.

i would be prepared to have your S&H DSR dinged. I'd probably do the same- not because you didn't have your policy listed clearly (which you did) but the fact that it's borderline a joke. 5.50 for 6 cards? come on man. I think we should be asking the OP if they need the money that bad to have a dollar pitched to their paypal.

edit- i just re-read this and probably should have left it alone. posting after doing 3 hours of academic journal reading for my master's project has left me in a pretty irritable mood.
I agree about the ding. Not that I would ding someone if I agreed to the terms but I would fully expect to be dinged if $5.50 was my shipping price for 6 cards. And I wont lie. If I want an item bad enough I will pay a shipping chagre I am not happy with but I try not to if I can.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

This is the new world that ebay has created.

A few years ago when they broke all sellers knee caps and put all the power in the scummy hands of jerks like this is when I stopped caring about ebay.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

Shipping gouge...oh well, I guess since people had issues with that ebayer before, it's ok for some here to overlook postage rape...BUT it's posted.....doesn't make it ok, period.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

simale has left 106 negatives, 36 neutrals and had 16 feedback removed by ebay in 4 years.

Ironically, the two negatives he's received are both for what he's complaining about:

Charged $2.49 to ship in a PWE with a .44 stamp - avoid this seller Buyer: Member id cardsbydoby ( Feedback Score Of 3119) Nov-12-10 12:27

Ship time ok. Mailed in plain envelope. Card & top loader bent. Use padded ones. Buyer: Member id mlc112176 ( Feedback Score Of 810) Sep-02-10 11:08

That said, I would recommend lowering your combined shipping rates, OP. But if I see a card with an unreasonable shipping cost/combined rate, I just bid/offer accordingly.

Last edited by epic23; 02-23-2013 at 05:58 AM.
epic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yup...this asshat has been on my blocked list for a LONG time as well.
Obviuosly this zebra has not changed his stripes.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Shipping gouge...oh well, I guess since people had issues with that ebayer before, it's ok for some here to overlook postage rape...BUT it's posted.....doesn't make it ok, period.
I happen to disagree with your statement. Keep in mind that the charge is shipping AND HANDLING. Lets look at what the true costs of a shipment truly are....... these will be estimates of course
Price Charged: $5.50

6 Cards shipped ---- $2.00
6 Top Loaders--- $.60
Bubble Mailer - $.10
_______________________-
$2.70 at time of mailing costs

What are the other fees that go in to shipping? Packing tape, labels, scotch tape, and a printer. So whats are the costs of these....$.50 average?

This brings our total to $3.20.

I consider part of the handling listing ($.60) and the fact that I have to go to the post office.

Now the difference is $1.70 for handling. I feel that my time is worth that for packing plus the listing time, space the cards take, and the risk that is associated with being a seller as in this case. I sell quite a bit on ebay and these are time consuming processes.

Please keep in mind this is my opinion, but I do not see this as excessive shipping costs but rather the costs that I have set as my shipping standard. I have never forced anyone to buy cards, and if at the end of the auction a buyer does not agree or understand my fees, I have always been willing to cancel the transaction without recourse. It is the seller right to charge what they feel is an adequate fee, but it is the sellers CHOICE to buy them at that rate. If you dont like someones fee structure, dont buy from them.
kevinshreves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
I happen to disagree with your statement. Keep in mind that the charge is shipping AND HANDLING. Lets look at what the true costs of a shipment truly are....... these will be estimates of course
Price Charged: $5.50

6 Cards shipped ---- $2.00
6 Top Loaders--- $.60
Bubble Mailer - $.10
_______________________-
$2.70 at time of mailing costs

What are the other fees that go in to shipping? Packing tape, labels, scotch tape, and a printer. So whats are the costs of these....$.50 average?

This brings our total to $3.20.

I consider part of the handling listing ($.60) and the fact that I have to go to the post office.

Now the difference is $1.70 for handling. I feel that my time is worth that for packing plus the listing time, space the cards take, and the risk that is associated with being a seller as in this case. I sell quite a bit on ebay and these are time consuming processes.

Please keep in mind this is my opinion, but I do not see this as excessive shipping costs but rather the costs that I have set as my shipping standard. I have never forced anyone to buy cards, and if at the end of the auction a buyer does not agree or understand my fees, I have always been willing to cancel the transaction without recourse. It is the seller right to charge what they feel is an adequate fee, but it is the sellers CHOICE to buy them at that rate. If you dont like someones fee structure, dont buy from them.
dont forget the 9 percent ebay fees for shipping charges and 3 percent by pp

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

To me it sounds like when they read you wouldn't be refunding the $1 shipping they damaged you cards purposely. As the next message reads SOME of cards have bent then after the message where you give them your address somehow ALL of the cards have bad bends on them some worse than others.

Over a $1 they intentionally bend and damage your cards so you are unable to re-list them. In my opinion he intentionally damaged them and let you know about the bad damage hoping you would decline having him send them to you to get out of paying the return shipping costs.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 02-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

SIMale at it again... Missed it the first time

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...bay-buyer.html

Official HHoC eBay Blocked Bidders List
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

toolhaus neg/neutral feedback left report
Negative/Neutral Feedback left by simale

toolhaus 36 false positives given to simale.
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ved+by&FPos=ON
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 02-23-2013 at 01:36 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

The people who have posted that the op had it coming or should have expected it...

Says a hell of a lot more about you and your low character than it does anything else. That you condone this type of shadiness is pathetic and I now equate you with the level of trust I place with people like simale.

And yes, if the shipping is posted, that DOES make it ok. You have every right and opportunity to make an adult decision to not buy.

If I post that shipping is $5.00 and $1.00 per extra item, just don't support my auctions. To buy anyway and then lie and steal doesn't make the seller the scumbag - no matter WHAT you tell yourself.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Houdini,I totally agree with you on this...if I feel that a seller's shipping charge is too high,I pass right over that item and search for another one that's reasonable to me. You make a decision and you live with it. You don't try to scam the money back into your pocket. This is ALL on the buyer,in this case.He is a scumbag, judging from the many times he has pulled this scam. The seller did nothing wrong,in my opinion.
ld8759 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
The people who have posted that the op had it coming or should have expected it...

Says a hell of a lot more about you and your low character than it does anything else. That you condone this type of shadiness is pathetic and I now equate you with the level of trust I place with people like simale.

And yes, if the shipping is posted, that DOES make it ok. You have every right and opportunity to make an adult decision to not buy.

If I post that shipping is $5.00 and $1.00 per extra item, just don't support my auctions. To buy anyway and then lie and steal doesn't make the seller the scumbag - no matter WHAT you tell yourself.
Very well said.
GoTribe!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #39 (permalink)

Yeah, not sure I understand the flack against the OP......it is stated in the auction. Kind of typical of society in general...."I didn't read the fine print, so I shouldn't be held responsible for my actions."

This is why eBay is no longer a great option for many as it is a buyer's company and rarely side with the seller anymore. If you are a buyer and screw-up no problems.....just sign up with a different name.

PATHETIC.............
Basketball Bucket: http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/mess0312/Basketball/
funkgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

$3.00 for 1 item is excessive.

$5.50 for 6 items is even worse.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #41 (permalink)

And with that said the buyer is an obvious douche as well. But $3.00 is ridic....and $5.50 is even worse.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

This is why I charge one flat rate $2 price. No headaches there.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #43 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
$3.00 for 1 item is excessive.

$5.50 for 6 items is even worse.
I actually agree, but kevin has every right to set his own prices and he has explained why he does so.

To be honest, if I were interested, I would probably send a message requesting a lower rate BEFORE I bought the auctions. By his feedback, I would assume that he would try to work with me.

Quote:
And with that said the buyer is an obvious douche as well. But $3.00 is ridic....and $5.50 is even worse.
I don't like the "as well." High shipping that is clearly displayed in advance does not make you a douche.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #44 (permalink)

i just want to make it clear that i don't condone the buyer possibly intentionally damaging the cards to get money back (in case some people don't know me well enough to already assume that).

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #45 (permalink)

It now costs $2.97 to ship in a bubble mailer w/tracking. So, I don't think $3 to ship one card is that ridiculous. It's quite a bit high for buying say, a $3 card, but this is where I would skip on that auction. If I charged true shipping + handling charges, even for multiple cards, it would be $3 minimum, and that only covers postage, not supplies/time.

On the seller end, I now just have free shipping to avoid problems, unless it's a lot that I would ship in a medium priority box, and even then I would charge like $5. On the buyer end, I factor shipping into the amount I bid. If it's a $20 card, my max bid would be say, $19 (free shipping) or $17 ($2 shipping) so either way, the amount I would pay if I won would be the same regardless of the advertised shipping price. Yes, I could lose out on auctions by bidding $1 less, but sometimes I will bid extra if I can get a bunch of items from one seller just for the simplicity. Usually it ends up where if I pay $5 to ship 5 cards ($3 initial, $.50 for each additional), I most likely bid less to make up for the shipping costs.

That said, a shipping cap is a good idea, but I see no fault with the OP at all, even if this thread was about a buyer that had no previous issues or 100% feedback. But most of all, agreeing with what has already been said, if you don't agree with it, don't bid.
Full Want List: http://bit.ly/1cWBzxc
MeetJSquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
It now costs $2.97 to ship in a bubble mailer w/tracking. So, I don't think $3 to ship one card is that ridiculous. It's quite a bit high for buying say, a $3 card, but this is where I would skip on that auction. If I charged true shipping + handling charges, even for multiple cards, it would be $3 minimum, and that only covers postage, not supplies/time.
You can ship for around ~$2 total using paypal ($1.69 with DC) and buying bubblemailers online, so I wouldn't consider $3 the standard.

To all:

Anyway to some in thread: "Things like gas, mileage, time spent at a carrier, employee wages, or eBay and PayPal fees shouldn't be added."

I understand a ding at most but the buyer resorted to extortion. Seller isn't at fault, although I do not agree with the charges.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #47 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

OP you should respond to any Negs with...

"I would tell you to die in a grease fire but that would be a waste of grease"

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #48 (permalink)

The seller has the right to charge what he wants for shipping. The seller has the right to ask what he wants for his product.

The buyer has the right to not buy the product if he does not agree with the price or the shipping charges.

I'm sick of buyers coming on here whining about sellers not responding to their low ball offer or how this sellers shipping charges are too high or they are asking too much. If you don't like the terms don't buy the item.

There is nothing wrong with $3 for one item and .50 for each addtional. If it bothers you don't bid or build it into your max bid.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #49 (permalink)

It is still a free country (for now). People can whine about whatever they want.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Kinda asked for it, though.

$5.50 to ship 6 cards? Isn't that a little steep? And he asked for $1 back -- in a situation like that, doesn't it make more sense just to either give him the buck or explain why it's $5.50 -- ie toploaers, packaging, etc? If you sent it priority...?

You could have avoided all of this for a dollar. Principle is great, but time is worth something too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Quote:
Ah the blowout mob is back at work I see, going from thread to thread with their pitchforks and torches, cleansing the world of horrible people that charge 5 bucks for shipping instead of 3....off with their heads!!!!!!!!!!!
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote