Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

3 people is a mob?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
The people who have posted that the op had it coming or should have expected it...

Says a hell of a lot more about you and your low character than it does anything else. That you condone this type of shadiness is pathetic and I now equate you with the level of trust I place with people like simale.

And yes, if the shipping is posted, that DOES make it ok. You have every right and opportunity to make an adult decision to not buy.

If I post that shipping is $5.00 and $1.00 per extra item, just don't support my auctions. To buy anyway and then lie and steal doesn't make the seller the scumbag - no matter WHAT you tell yourself.
I'm not sure that anyone condones it. I think that we've all been on eBay so long that we can anticipate a potential problem. And while yes, the seller did state what the shipping is up front, and I agree that the seller can charge whatever he wants to, the bottom line is that SOME buyers are going to take issue with it. I won't. I can read. I know what I'm paying and I utilize that to determine my bid/offer. Other eBayers don't.

And, on eBay more than anywhere else, its important to assess what potential problems you can have with a card/item and do what you can to minimize those before the rear their head. This is one.

AND, if one does rear it's head -- what can you do but appease the consumer, within reason? A one dollar refund to avoid six negatives, while it may be "blackmail", is also the cost of doing business, and Id pay the dollar to avoid it, no matter what the principle is.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
I'm not sure that anyone condones it. I think that we've all been on eBay so long that we can anticipate a potential problem. And while yes, the seller did state what the shipping is up front, and I agree that the seller can charge whatever he wants to, the bottom line is that SOME buyers are going to take issue with it. I won't. I can read. I know what I'm paying and I utilize that to determine my bid/offer. Other eBayers don't.

And, on eBay more than anywhere else, its important to assess what potential problems you can have with a card/item and do what you can to minimize those before the rear their head. This is one.

AND, if one does rear it's head -- what can you do but appease the consumer, within reason? A one dollar refund to avoid six negatives, while it may be "blackmail", is also the cost of doing business, and Id pay the dollar to avoid it, no matter what the principle is.
As I expected, many members didn't really get the point of this post. It is not about shipping cost regardless is $3.00 or $2.00.... SIMALE has a habit of buying something and tried to get money back one way or another. He either tried to extort from DSR and get partial shipping back. Or he claims that some of the items were missing from the package. He loves buying multiple items in one shot and pull this scam.

I have reported him to ebay but nothing has being done. He has a history of this and that is the POINT!!! SIMALE IS A LYING SCUM AND SHOULD BE ON YOUR BLOCK LIST IF YOU ARE A SELLER!!!

As for shipping charge. $3.00 is a fair price. I would say 80% of ebay seller use that as the benchmark for domestic shipping. I don't want to go into a long discussion on why $3.00, since it has been posted numerous times before...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #54 (permalink)

I don't even need to read past the original post to know why this thread is already 3 pages.

OP, really sorry to hear about this, you did absolutely nothing wrong, it's only a shame that you did not know about this particular buyer beforehand.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

That guy is an idiot...to the block list he goes...all over a dollar
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
That guy is an idiot...to the block list he goes...all over a dollar
I don't think it is over a dollar...the dude has a problem...it is like rich people that steals... I think he feels good about himself thinking that he got the "better" of the sellers... Look at all the old threads... he will somehow swindle his way to get something free or discount from what he buys... he knows the seller can't do a thing about it, so he abuse the system....
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I don't think it is over a dollar...the dude has a problem...it is like rich people that steals... I think he feels good about himself thinking that he got the "better" of the sellers... Look at all the old threads... he will somehow swindle his way to get something free or discount from what he buys... he knows the seller can't do a thing about it, so he abuse the system....
I agree, there is almost a level of insanity here over principle ... seller would not cooperate with him, so he decided to destroy the cards and blame the PO. That's the way it appears.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

I am not defending the buyer but 5.50$ for shipping is high. When giving ratings ebay ask you this question.

How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
That was the listed price of shipping. Nobody held a gun to the buyers head forcing him to buy anything. He saw the shipping price and purchased anyway. He could have not made the purchase. He chose to.
You must stalk this part of the forum. I never see you posting anywhere else but here.
hoopster3977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I am not defending the buyer but 5.50$ for shipping is high. When giving ratings ebay ask you this question.

There is a big difference between dinging a shipping star and trying to extort a $1, damaging cards, acting like an entitled nitwit, etc..
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
There is a big difference between dinging a shipping star and trying to extort a $1, damaging cards, acting like an entitled nitwit, etc..
I agree, that is why I said I am not defending the buyer. Maybe 3/5 stars and never buy from him again.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:

So the first time they ask the question, for the first item purchased, the shipping and handling charge was 3.00.

Every other time they ask the question, for each of the other transactions, the charge was .50

How could someone ding a seller for a .50 shipping charge? Clearly, that is beyond reasonable.

Last I checked, they have you rate each purchase individually (unless things have changed since I left ebay). THe buyer did not pay 5.50 for any of the individual puchases. So, that should not be taken into account. Each auction should be rated according to what was/wasnt paid. Otherwise, the dsr system is being abused as leaving anything less than 5 stars for a fifty cent shipping charge is imo absurd!
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
You must stalk this part of the forum. I never see you posting anywhere else but here.
Use the ignore feature if you dont like my posts. I was actually sticking up for you in the other thread. Again,there is an ignore feature this site provides. If you choose not to use it then you are gonna have to live with and deal with the fact that my posts are gonna be there for you to see. You dont like it, too bad. I will post whatever and where ever I feel like posting until a mod or admin tells me not to.

Last edited by cking; 02-25-2013 at 08:43 PM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
So the first time they ask the question, for the first item purchased, the shipping and handling charge was 3.00.

Every other time they ask the question, for each of the other transactions, the charge was .50

How could someone ding a seller for a .50 shipping charge? Clearly, that is beyond reasonable.

Last I checked, they have you rate each purchase individually (unless things have changed since I left ebay). THe buyer did not pay 5.50 for any of the individual puchases. So, that should not be taken into account. Each auction should be rated according to what was/wasnt paid. Otherwise, the dsr system is being abused as leaving anything less than 5 stars for a fifty cent shipping charge is imo absurd!
That is not how it works.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
That is not how it works.
HOW SO?

I thought you entered feedback information and star ratings for each purchase. Its been a lil bit since i bought multiples from a seller. Or does it only allow you to leave star ratings one time for multiple purchases? If that is the case, then it could result in a one time ding.

Last edited by sjscout; 02-25-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
I cant remember, I thought you entered feedback information and star ratings for each purchase. Or does it only allow you to leave star ratings one time for multiple purchases?
You can leave it for each one. But eBay policy states you can not profit off of shipping. I understand making a little just so you will not lose, but not charging double. Not sure how much it cost the seller to ship but it would cost me about 2.50$ (6 cards) for all shipping and material cost.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
You can leave it for each one. But eBay policy states you can not profit off of shipping. I understand making a little just so you will not lose, but not charging double. Not sure how much it cost the seller to ship but it would cost me about 2.50$ (6 cards) for all shipping and material cost.
I know all about ebay's policies (One of the main reasons i left them). But their policies have nothing to do with answering the question " How reasonable were the shipping and handling price?' THe question was not, did the seller profit?

It still is exactly what I stated. He charged fifty cents for shipping and handling for all of the other items. He should be rated on that price. The question says "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges" for the auctions where hIs price was fifty cents. Anyone who dings the DSR for a fifty cent shipping and handling cost is being unreasonable and dishonest. They are abusing the system.

Its exactly how it works! OOps, just realized this soundied like I was atttacking you... NOt at all. Just a pet peeve i have.

Last edited by sjscout; 02-25-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added sentence
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #68 (permalink)

it's shipping and handling so a dollar or two "handling" charges of a package of six cards is not unreasonable. if it seems too much, bid accordingly or find another seller and possibly pay full $2-3 shipping.

edit: i looked back at my ebay purchases over the last week more and it seems the ones that i paid more for shipping ($2-3 compared to free or $1.69) shipped with more care. i'll admit there has been at least one that shipped pwe and charged $2.50 for one card that was like $3.
Full Want List: http://bit.ly/1cWBzxc

Last edited by MeetJSquared; 02-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.
MeetJSquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #69 (permalink)

Actual shipping cost: This is the amount for shipping the item. It should be what you paid the carrier.

Handling cost: This can include the cost of packaging materials and insurance cost, if any.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #70 (permalink)

I can't understand how people are this upset over 1 buck... This is pathetic.

And for the record.. I never charge a penny for shipping on ebay or here.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #71 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
That was the listed price of shipping. Nobody held a gun to the buyers head forcing him to buy anything. He saw the shipping price and purchased anyway. He could have not made the purchase. He chose to.
Thats why ebay lets you rate the shipping. If you get the item and see they profited you can ding the dsr. Period. However a dollar imo does not qualify.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #72 (permalink)

I have to chuckle......I receieved this PM just a few minutes ago.....

You have received a new private message at Blowout Cards Forums from simale, entitled "Prosecution for Defamation Suit Against You".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
This is the attorney for member simale. You are being warned that you will be prosecuted for malicious defamation and slander of my client if you do not immediately remove and cease all postings in reference to my client. You are guilty as a seller of not delivering all of my client's items, so therefore, simale was in the right to file claim

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-21-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: see mod log
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #73 (permalink)

What a tard......

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #74 (permalink)

and what is the user name of this so called attorney ?
FAKE YOUR MOUTH!
bjs852 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
I have to chuckle......I receieved this PM just a few minutes ago.....

You have received a new private message at Blowout Cards Forums from simale, entitled "Prosecution for Defamation Suit Against You".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
This is the attorney for member simale. You are being warned that you will be prosecuted for malicious defamation and slander of my client if you do not immediately remove and cease all postings in reference to my client. You are guilty as a seller of not delivering all of my client's items, so therefore, simale was in the right to file claim
Same crap he pulled in the other thread. What a whiny and entitled loser.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote