Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Buyer to block..... VERY FUN READ

I usually dont post these types of things, but this buyer simale has irked me pretty good.

The buyer bought 6 seperate auctions from me. It is clearly listed on my pages that I offer $3.00 for the first auction, and .50 for each additional. The total winnings on this auction was around $12.00.

After the buyer had won, he messaged me and asked for a lower shipping and handling rate. I informed him that I do not adjust my rates, but if he was unhappy or did not understand the rates I would be more than happy to cancel the transaction. He paid....which leads us to this week.

Earlier this week I get a message from him asking for a refund on postage. I replied that if I charged more than my listed rate I would be more than happy to refund, but if the rate he paid was my listed then no refund would be given.

The rest I'll let you read....bottom to top.

Dear 3800kimberly,

Hello,

I have to disagree with it being odd that the items were bent. This happens frequently with the post office and its' handlers. That's why it's important for the seller to pack items well. You did not pack items well. As a result, all of the items are bent. Because of this, I must ask for a return. I will also have to leave six negatives because the items were damaged. Thanks, Jeff

- simale Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: simale
Subject: Re: Other: simale sent a message about 2012 PANINI ELITE EXTRA EDITION EEE CARSON KELLY AUTO #46/205 #290858027362
Sent Date: Feb-22-13 17:15:36 PST

Dear simale,

Thanks Jeff for the information. It's very odd that parcels got bent because of the process they follow at the post office. Either way I will still accept the return and will go from there. Sorry we could not have a succesful transaction.

- 3800kimberly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: 3800kimberly
Subject: Re: Other: simale sent a message about 2012 PANINI ELITE EXTRA EDITION EEE CARSON KELLY AUTO #46/205 #290858027362
Sent Date: Feb-22-13 16:34:23 PST

Dear 3800kimberly,

Hi, ok, thanks ill return them. Unfortunately, all of the cards have bad bends on them. The entire package got twisted and crushed by the postal service i guess and the cards werent packed well. It's a shame, some cards are worse than others. Thanks, Jeff

- simale

Sent Date: Feb-22-13 16:28:41 PST

Dear simale,

Kevin Shreves
346 Manchester Dr
Roanoke TX 76262

- 3800kimberly

Sent Date: Feb-22-13 15:53:29 PST

Dear 3800kimberly,

Hi, OK, Im gonna return the cards. Im unhappy with some of the items because they were damaged when I opened the package. You didnt pack the envelope well and unfortunately, some of the cards have unfortunately bent. Please send address to return them to. Thanks, Jeff

- simale

Sent Date: Feb-22-13 15:40:02 PST

Dear simale,

I will not need your paypal info. The shipping and handling costs are listed in my auctions, and I gave the chance to cancel the purchase prior to payment if you did not agree with the fees. You are also welcome to ship back for a full refund.

- 3800kimberly

Sent Date: Feb-22-13 15:37:42 PST

Dear 3800kimberly,

Hello,

I feel that I was overcharged compared to actual cost and therefore why requesting the $1 refund for the difference of what I feel I was overcharged. Please let me know if you need my paypal address.

Thanks for your business,

Jeff

- simale

Sent Date: Feb-21-13 14:27:25 PST

Dear simale,

Sorry but I misunderstood your recent request. My shipping discount is $3.00 for the 1st item, and .50 for each additional won. If the amount I charged was more than this, I will happily refund the difference. I know you had requested an additional discount at time of purchase and I declined and let you know that I would be willing to cancel the transaction if you did not agree to the shipping fees.Please let me know if I am missing something on this request.

- 3800kimberly

Sent Date: Feb-21-13 11:48:11 PST

Dear 3800kimberly,

Hi, As explained, I feel that I was overcharged for the total ship charge by $1.00 and I had been expecting a better discount on the combined items ship total since I had ordered so much.

- simale

Sent Date: Feb-21-13 10:38:16 PST

Dear simale,

I am happy to provide a refund but I need to understand how you feel you were overcharged.

- 3800kimberly

Sent Date: Feb-21-13 10:34:16 PST

Dear 3800kimberly,

Yes, thank you. My paypal address to send refund to is: xxxxxxxxx

- simale

Sent Date: Feb-21-13 03:51:10 PST

Dear simale,

Jeff, hope all is well. I am not understanding how you were overcharged on shipping. Please explain. If I overcharged you by $1 what I have published I will gladly refund the $1.

- 3800kimberly

Subject: Other: simale sent a message about 2012 PANINI ELITE EXTRA EDITION EEE CARSON KELLY AUTO #46/205 #290858027362
Sent Date: Feb-20-13 19:55:16 PST

Dear 3800kimberly,

hi,

Thanks for the items. But, I feel like leaving a negative because i feel i was overcharged a dollar for combined shipping. Jeff
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

wow forward these to ebay thats got to be feedback extortion
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
wow forward these to ebay thats got to be feedback extortion
Without a doubt...the guy is a piece of work in my opinion.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow....all that for a $1? My time spent sending all the messages would be worth more than that.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Without a doubt...the guy is a piece of work in my opinion.
Well,he's certainly a piece of something... I think I would have stopped answering the messages and just reported him. OP,you were too nice,in my opinion.
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Wow....all that for a $1? My time spent sending all the messages would be worth more than that.
Its more about the principle than the money for me. I just dont like people that try and scam like this guy is.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld8759 View Post
Well,he's certainly a piece of something... I think I would have stopped answering the messages and just reported him. OP was too nice.
He has been reported.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
He has been reported.
Good to know. I hope Ebay does something about him,but I doubt it. My post wasn't a knock on you or the way you handled it. I just meant that you had way more patience with this jerk than I would have. I'm glad that you reported him. The problem is that when Ebay actually cracks down on guys like him,9 times out of 10,they open a new account under a new name. It never ends.

Last edited by ld8759; 02-23-2013 at 06:38 AM.
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow, what a joke. Sorry to hear that, man. Some people really just shouldn't be allowed on eBay.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Since the eBay name sounded familiar I checked my eBay blocked buyers list and the name was listed on it. I believe he purchased an item from me and never paid. Hopefully eBay can help you.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Its more about the principle than the money for me. I just dont like people that try and scam like this guy is.
Sorry. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I was referring to him trying to get the $1 refund rather than you standing your ground. From the messages you've posted it seems you've handled yourself quite professionally.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Sorry. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I was referring to him trying to get the $1 refund rather than you standing your ground. From the messages you've posted it seems you've handled yourself quite professionally.
Not a problem, I misunderstood your original statement. I have attempted to handle the entire ordeal as professionally as possible.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

OMG $1 !!!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

I actually had this guy blocked already for some reason. The first person on my blocked list. I think there's another thread on here about this guy.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

All that over 1 dollar...wow, sorry to hear man...ebay should side with you, but they are tough on those feedback extortion cases.

This is one reason I ship for free, hassling over a dollar is not worth it to me..I figure long run people will bid more on items with free shipping LOL, that is my logic at least lol

This guy just got blockage...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I actually had this guy blocked already for some reason. The first person on my blocked list. I think there's another thread on here about this guy.
wow
SIMale at it again... Missed it the first time
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...bay-buyer.html

member here too
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/simale.html

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 02-22-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

You know it is bad when you read something that actually makes you physically ill.

I like to think I can put up with a lot of BS, but this is just so nasty. Such a scumbag.

The only silver lining is a strong belief in karma.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
He's not a member here...that's his lawyer

My apologies to our neighbors in the North, but I only ship inside the US
illadelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

Kinda asked for it, though.

$5.50 to ship 6 cards? Isn't that a little steep? And he asked for $1 back -- in a situation like that, doesn't it make more sense just to either give him the buck or explain why it's $5.50 -- ie toploaers, packaging, etc? If you sent it priority...?

You could have avoided all of this for a dollar. Principle is great, but time is worth something too.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Kinda asked for it, though.

$5.50 to ship 6 cards? Isn't that a little steep? And he asked for $1 back -- in a situation like that, doesn't it make more sense just to either give him the buck or explain why it's $5.50 -- ie toploaers, packaging, etc? If you sent it priority...?

You could have avoided all of this for a dollar. Principle is great, but time is worth something too.
That was the listed price of shipping. Nobody held a gun to the buyers head forcing him to buy anything. He saw the shipping price and purchased anyway. He could have not made the purchase. He chose to.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1909

SOOOOO glad I did not get that guy. It just amazes me that he thought you would really believe him after he changed his story once he found out you wouldnt give him the buck...

so not mention of damage then all of a sudden you refuse and they are destroyed.

Ebay needs to start to ban these buyers forever.
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

wouldn't it be wise to set some "caps" to your shipping rates to avoid something like this? Might drum up a bit more multiple business if you say "capped at 5 dollars" or some such.

I agree with Bob Loblaw (oh lord), it's a bit steep to charge 5.50 to ship 6 cards. Sure, Crystal is right, the guy didn't have a gun to his head telling him to do it, but sometimes it is more convenient to win from teh same seller. still, 5.50 for 6 cards?

You're well within your right to do it this way and I agree that you handled yourself as best you could with this buyer. I just don't agree with that much going in to shipping 6 cards.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
wouldn't it be wise to set some "caps" to your shipping rates to avoid something like this? Might drum up a bit more multiple business if you say "capped at 5 dollars" or some such.

I agree with Bob Loblaw (oh lord), it's a bit steep to charge 5.50 to ship 6 cards. Sure, Crystal is right, the guy didn't have a gun to his head telling him to do it, but sometimes it is more convenient to win from teh same seller. still, 5.50 for 6 cards?

You're well within your right to do it this way and I agree that you handled yourself as best you could with this buyer. I just don't agree with that much going in to shipping 6 cards.
I do understand what you saying Andy. And yes that is a little steep. However, my ebay shopping policy, and again its just how I do things, others will disagree. If I am not comftable with a shipping charge I simply dont buy the item or items. I would never ever,ever,ever buy an item and after I recieve the item message the seller and ask for money back on my shipping charge. That is tacky. And even more tacky to ask for a stinking dollar. Come on a dollar. Send me this guys paypal I will send him the dollar if its that important to him.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #24 (permalink)

Simale was the first ever on my block list a while back. Those of you reading that haven't blocked yet, do it now!
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I do understand what you saying Andy. And yes that is a little steep. However, my ebay shopping policy, and again its just how I do things, others will disagree. If I am not comftable with a shipping charge I simply dont buy the item or items. I would never ever,ever,ever buy an item and after I recieve the item message the seller and ask for money back on my shipping charge. That is tacky. And even more tacky to ask for a stinking dollar. Come on a dollar. Send me this guys paypal I will send him the dollar if its that important to him.

true. i just wonder if the guy assumed the seller had a cap like I had mentioned. I've seen it overtly mentioned in listings, and i've had sellers do it without putting it in their descriptions as well, so perhaps the buyer was just unlucky enough to assume wrong in this case.

i just think it's funny that we would be laughing a seller off the boards on here if they tried to charge 5.50 for 6 cards but we're patting this one on the back. does it really cost 50 cents to combine items? I think I charge a quarter and have a cap (not that I sell enough at once to ever reach the cap).

and sellers that charge 1 dollar to combine lose my business instantly. that is highway robbery.

i would be prepared to have your S&H DSR dinged. I'd probably do the same- not because you didn't have your policy listed clearly (which you did) but the fact that it's borderline a joke. 5.50 for 6 cards? come on man. I think we should be asking the OP if they need the money that bad to have a dollar pitched to their paypal.

edit- i just re-read this and probably should have left it alone. posting after doing 3 hours of academic journal reading for my master's project has left me in a pretty irritable mood.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 02-23-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote