Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
So ummmmmmmmmmmmm......What about when someone says "I will take it ,please send me your paypal info" and never pays. Then a bunch of people come on here saying it was not a deal because money was not exchanged therefore you cannot leave a neg, how would you address this? I could be wrong but I was under the impression someone wanted the card when they said,of there own free will "I will take it,send me your paypal info". I mean in all seriousness what else does "I will take it,send me your paypal address" mean?
Ah yes, the dry hump. Happens anywhere and everywhere. Shopping cart abandonment is essentially the same concept.

At this point though, I would indeed have to say that there is no transaction until money is sent. Verbal/Typed confirmation means nothing given the anonymity of the Internet combined with people's indecision and/or shadiness. This is one area where some kind of Trade Manager would work to at least formalize the process.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
So ummmmmmmmmmmmm......What about when someone says "I will take it ,please send me your paypal info" and never pays. Then a bunch of people come on here saying it was not a deal because money was not exchanged therefore you cannot leave a neg, how would you address this? I could be wrong but I was under the impression someone wanted the card when they said,of there own free will "I will take it,send me your paypal info". I mean in all seriousness what else does "I will take it,send me your paypal address" mean?
I gotta agree. I have given out one or two negs for that. It's annoying.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Ok, someone says, "I will take it, please send me your paypal info."

The response should include the payment info plus answer the what/how/when questions.

If the person never responds or confirms that information. Then I would not leave a negative. However, I admit that is a gray area.

If your OP said, "Need the money today so I am selling X for $X and first person to post gets it." Then all of those questions are basically answered once paypal info is given.

See what I mean? Without agreeing to WHEN the person is going to pay, then I think you leave yourself open to miscommunication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Members can leave feedback any way they want to.
Fortunately, this is not true.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Ah yes, the dry hump. Happens anywhere and everywhere. Shopping cart abandonment is essentially the same concept.

At this point though, I would indeed have to say that there is no transaction until money is sent. Verbal/Typed confirmation means nothing given the anonymity of the Internet combined with people's indecision and/or shadiness. This is one area where some kind of Trade Manager would work to at least formalize the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I gotta agree. I have given out one or two negs for that. It's annoying.
See this is exactly what I was talking about. Two people, two diffrent interpertations of the rule. Who is right? Neither is right. Its nothing more then a matter of opinion. One person belives its agreed upon deal when the other members says "I will take it"...The other person believes its not agreed upon until payment is sent.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

I leave a negative for every completed transation. But I only neg migraine. And I would never make a deal with that lying bastard.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
See this is exactly what I was talking about. Two people, two diffrent interpertations of the rule. Who is right? Neither is right. Its nothing more then a matter of opinion. One person belives its agreed upon deal when the other members says "I will take it"...The other person believes its not agreed upon until payment is sent.
That is why the three questions should be answered. Because miscommunication arises otherwise.

Someone says, "I will take it."

When will they pay? What if the op doesn't respond that day and the poster gives it up and buys something else? Must he be held hostage indefinitely?

Answer those three questions by both parties every time. If so, this will not be an issue. If not, then both parties hold some responsibility for poor communication.

Now, I do not mean to misrepresent what you are saying, ok? I know that you mean the buyer says I will take it and the OP responds relatively quickly and the poster goes AWOL.

Those situations suck. Still, without answering those three questions, I cannot say there was a deal.

Not saying the poster is not at fault - just that forums have limitations and this is one of them.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Fortunately, this is not true.
Yes it most certainly is. That feedback may not stick but if I wanted to leave a negative for anyone on this board right now ... I could.

I would also argue that what you are doing is causing even more problems. By saying that I am not allowed to leave negative feedback for poor group break ethics, you are inviting anyone to back out at any time with no notice ... without repercussions. Granted, you say the group host can leave negative feedback but let me ask you ... how many negatives have you personally left for people who have backed out with no notice?

Just as many as I have so far. But not to worry, I will likely take the lead some time in the future.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

Let me tell this story I will anyway. I purchased an item from a guy waited a week or so and got a message hes giving me a full refund cause found out the card i bought was damage so instead of giving me full refund I get shorted $.50 I paid 14.07 and I open a case and I win and I get 14.07 back and I said in the case I didnt receive all the refund so I received the refund plus free money. Not my fault they gave me that money their mistake is my gain
So I spent it on a free doug martin magic auto basically
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Only 10 % of members will be able yo understand this...You Need a Picture story for the Other 90%..TY and Carry on
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
Let me tell this story I will anyway. I purchased an item from a guy waited a week or so and got a message hes giving me a full refund cause found out the card i bought was damage so instead of giving me full refund I get shorted $.50 I paid 14.07 and I open a case and I win and I get 14.07 back and I said in the case I didnt receive all the refund so I received the refund plus free money. Not my fault they gave me that money their mistake is my gain
What in the blue hell are you talking about?
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I was about to ask the same thing.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
The other party should leave you a negative and post a callout thread warning the community not to trade with you.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
That is why the three questions should be answered. Because miscommunication arises otherwise.

Someone says, "I will take it."

When will they pay? What if the op doesn't respond that day and the poster gives it up and buys something else? Must he be held hostage indefinitely?

Answer those three questions by both parties every time. If so, this will not be an issue. If not, then both parties hold some responsibility for poor communication.

Now, I do not mean to misrepresent what you are saying, ok? I know that you mean the buyer says I will take it and the OP responds relatively quickly and the poster goes AWOL.

Those situations suck. Still, without answering those three questions, I cannot say there was a deal.

Not saying the poster is not at fault - just that forums have limitations and this is one of them.
I understand you are trying to help and I appreciate that. Thats more effort then most people put in. But at the same time the things you are saying are your opinions. Not the rules. In my eyes when someone says "I will take it" its a deal. Why else would they say that if they did not want the card?
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Indeed, just putting my thoughts in I guess. I just think that the other position is overly assumptive given the "integrity" of too many people's words. Of course it would be normal to assume that a deal is in place when someone says, "I'll take it" - it would also be great if every member was worth his/her salt.

However, that doesn't happen, and is a reason that I feel should influence the perception of when a deal is in place. Few people on here get the benefit of the doubt from me in this sense.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel terrible for the voiceless.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I got a refund from a guy but he shorted me 0.50. I paid 14.07. I open an EBAY case I get refunded the full 14.07 so EBAY gave me more money then they should, i used that money to buy a doug martin magic auto

Last edited by AP4MVP; 02-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
I understand you are trying to help and I appreciate that. Thats more effort then most people put in. But at the same time the things you are saying are your opinions. Not the rules. In my eyes when someone says "I will take it" its a deal. Why else would they say that if they did not want the card?
Yes, only my opinion.

(Other than the third party leaving feedback part and some of the obvious things.)

If you felt it was neg worthy, then that is 100% your right as a direct party involved.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I got a refund from a guy but he shorted me 0.50. I paid 14.07. I open an EBAY case I get refunded the full 14.07 so EBAY gave me more money then they should, i used that money to buy a doug martin magic auto
So you're saying you took $13.57 from him, that you should not have had.

You are a class act.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Indeed, just putting my thoughts in I guess. I just think that the other position is overly assumptive given the "integrity" of too many people's words. Of course it would be normal to assume that a deal is in place when someone says, "I'll take it" - it would also be great if every member was worth his/her salt.

However, that doesn't happen, and is a reason that I feel should influence the perception of when a deal is in place. Few people on here get the benefit of the doubt from me in this sense.
You certinly do have a good point.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Do you think I should add in a section explaining what you mean?

I would just say that a differing opinion on this matter is....
Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
So you're saying you stole $13.57 from him, that you should not have had.

You are a class act.
No I didnt steal. Ebay gave me the money. I said In the case I didnt receive the full refund which I also stated was .50. I never asked for the full 14.07 I would have gave it back but they told me not to contact the member. I didnt know wat else to do
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No I didnt steal. Ebay gave me the money. I said In the case I didnt receive the full refund which I also stated was .50. I never asked for the full 14.07 I would have gave it back but they told me not to contact the member. I didnt know wat else to do
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Uhhh.....you contact eBay telling them they sent you too much money and that it should have only been $0.50.

Why do people need their hand held here?
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Uhhh.....you contact eBay telling them they sent you too much money and that it should have only been $0.50.

Why do people need their hand held here?
Atleast I know wat to do next time
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Added this to When is a deal finalized? section:

Quote:
A differing view:

Once a buyer says "I will take it, send me your paypal info" then there is a deal in place. If the buyer never pays, they have failed to live up to their part of the deal.