Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Added this to When is a deal finalized? section:
Now you are talking
Old 02-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #52 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

what if i say i will take it and post it in the thread and i also say send me your info and 10 minutes later the guy running the thread says i sold it to my friend on here sry. i had this happen about 3 weeks ago on a 250 lot and the guy has had several complaints(not the point) does me being a purchaser enable me to leave a neg if i get stiffed? his rules state first to post gets it?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 AM   #53 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
what if i say i will take it and post it in the thread and i also say send me your info and 10 minutes later the guy running the thread says i sold it to my friend on here sry. i had this happen about 3 weeks ago on a 250 lot and the guy has had several complaints(not the point) does me being a purchaser enable me to leave a neg if i get stiffed? his rules state first to post gets it?
If his rules stated first to post gets the lot and you posted first, then yes I believe you had a deal.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
If his rules stated first to post gets the lot and you posted first, then yes I believe you had a deal.
i thought so as well. he tends to have this problem ALOT but what do i know
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #55 (permalink)

What if someone pays, then demands immediate feedback. I explained to the buyer I will leave feedback after he confirms the item has arrived (pwe). Buyer still moans about needing immediate feedback. I respond with I feel uncomfortable now with pwe and will send DC or issue you a refund. Buyer demanded a refund instead of me paying for bubble mailer and DC out of pocket. I issued refund just to avoid a potential mess. I didn't leave feedback in fear of retalatory feedback. Should I have left feedback and what should I have said? Thanks. Great job by the way!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

How Friggin hard is it to communicate with a Buyer of a card????Instead you have to run these AzzHats down and Beg for a DC# or did you ship or whatever..End of Rant
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
doing a great job, Houdini, thanks for doing what you're doing. hope you hit something cool in your free spot in my Tribute break!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #58 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbots View Post
What if someone pays, then demands immediate feedback. I explained to the buyer I will leave feedback after he confirms the item has arrived (pwe). Buyer still moans about needing immediate feedback. I respond with I feel uncomfortable now with pwe and will send DC or issue you a refund. Buyer demanded a refund instead of me paying for bubble mailer and DC out of pocket. I issued refund just to avoid a potential mess. I didn't leave feedback in fear of retalatory feedback. Should I have left feedback and what should I have said? Thanks. Great job by the way!
A bunch of red flags there. There is NO good reason to back out of a deal because the seller wanted to pay out of pocket for DC. I think you were wise to grant his refund.

Since the deal was canceled, I would not have left a feedback either. If I did leave one, I think it would've been a neutral explaining buyer backed out when you wanted to add DC.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Here is a real-time example of negative feedback left and retaliation feedback received:

16 days, and no payment. Numerous PMs have been ignored, and he has been online. Seller lagalaxyfan23(63) 02-26-2013

A tool like no other.. members beware Buyer blangsam77(18) 02-26-2013

So, the negative left has done several things correctly:

1 It is informative. He explains exactly why the feedback was left.
2 It is unemotional. He does not insult the other member.

The only thing I would've added was a link to the transaction, but that is not always possible. Also, this may have been included in the notes to the admin/mods.

The retaliatory negative does everything wrong:

1 It is NOT informative. No reason is given for dropping the negative.
2 It is emotional. He resorts to insults.

Now, on the surface, this looks like a classic example of retaliatory negative feedback. Hopefully the mods have already been contacted. Once they have and they are free (both have full-time jobs), they will investigate the negative and contact the other person. It can be frustrating, but they need time to be fair to both parties. Then they will most probably remove the retaliatory feedback.

(To be honest, they may even remove it just for the insults without information.)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbots View Post
I think ALL SELLERS should leave fdback right after payment is received as the buyer's job is done. im not touching the rest of your post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #61 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
I think ALL SELLERS should leave fdback right after payment is received as the buyer's job is done. im not touching the rest of your post
The buyer's job may be done, but as a seller you can not vouch for a transaction or a buyer until after your item arrives.

Consider our wonderful member Simale. This person routinely claims missing items and makes false paypal claims. When he returns items, he intentionally destroys them so that he gets his money back and you lose your item.

Now, if he buys your item and immediately pays, should you leave him a positive? His job is done, right?

So what do you do once you get your cards back destroyed? You already left him a positive feedback. You can post a callout thread, but you cannot leave him an extra feedback or take away the one you already left.

Now, this is an extreme example and I 100% understand where you are coming from - I also leave feedback after payment when I know the buyer; however, you should not leave feedback immediately after payment unless you know the buyer (or buyer's reputation).
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
The buyer's job may be done, but as a seller you can not vouch for a transaction or a buyer until after your item arrives.

Consider our wonderful member Simale. This person routinely claims missing items and makes false paypal claims. When he returns items, he intentionally destroys them so that he gets his money back and you lose your item.

Now, if he buys your item and immediately pays, should you leave him a positive? His job is done, right?

So what do you do once you get your cards back destroyed? You already left him a positive feedback. You can post a callout thread, but you cannot leave him an extra feedback or take away the one you already left.

Now, this is an extreme example and I 100% understand where you are coming from - I also leave feedback after payment when I know the buyer; however, you should not leave feedback immediately after payment unless you know the buyer (or buyer's reputation).
If I had the time,interest,or desire I could find you at least 50 examples of feedback being left more then once for the same deal on here. Heck, one guy had his neg removed by an admin and the person who left the neg saw it was removed and hit him with it again.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #63 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
If I had the time,interest,or desire I could find you at least 50 examples of feedback being left more then once for the same deal on here. Heck, one guy had his neg removed by an admin and the person who left the neg saw it was removed and hit him with it again.
Sure, I am not saying it doesn't happen and sneak through the cracks on occasion. I am just saying it is wrong and should not be done.

There is even a setting that will only allow 1 rating per deal, but it causes other problems and that is probably why BO does not use it.

iTrader isn't perfect, but it is a great tool when used correctly.

EDIT: Like before with the third party leaving feedback, I do not mean that it isn't physically possible, just that it shouldn't be done.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure, I am not saying it doesn't happen and sneak through the cracks on occasion. I am just saying it is wrong and should not be done.

There is even a setting that will only allow 1 rating per deal, but it causes other problems and that is probably why BO does not use it.

iTrader isn't perfect, but it is a great tool when used correctly.

EDIT: Like before with the third party leaving feedback, I do not mean that it isn't physically possible, just that it shouldn't be done.
Yea, I hear you. Some of the things that seem to cause problems on here are some of the easiest and most simple things to do. All of the drama could be avoided if people just had a little consideration for others. Some people seem to have no problem just taking someones money and blowing them off and not shipping for weeks or not sending at all. No rational person can think that behavior is acceptable. Maybe I was raised in a diffrent era or by diffrent kinds of parents. My folks taught me right from wrong and behavior like that would never have been ok in my house growing up. In my house you were held accountable for your actions. Period. Internet or not, its not ok to steal from people or to hold thier money until you feel like getting around to shipping. Someone pays you for something, you mail it. Its not that hard.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #65 (permalink)

This is wrong. After the seller replies with an acceptance it is a contract. Your reply with paypal information is irrelevant.

Quote:
I send you an offer, you reply with an acceptance, I reply with my paypal information... now we have a deal.
Anybody send these to Imac7065 for his review? He seems to have some major challenges in this arena.

Quote:
If you are negotiating and the other party decides to deal with someone else, suck it up. You had no deal.

If I send you an offer, it is still not a deal once you respond. The reason is I may have sent multiple offers to multiple people. By the time you finally respond, I may have already sold the item. It happens.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

IMO:
1.) (Q) What constitutes an agreement?

1.) (A) A deal is not finalized until paypal info has been sent. One area I dont like is when someone offers and then you never hear back and see it sold for .25 more then the offer, I find it disrespectful for a seller who doesnt reply and then sells it without giving the original person an ample chance.

2.) (Q)What is a reasonable time to expect payment?

2.) (A)I have given up to a week for payment and two weeks if its TTM, but it seems people have different opinions on the proper time, as I have left negative for buyers who never paid and the mods remove/investigate bc time elapsed wasnt long enough...(10 days)

3.) (Q) If places allow for 2-3 days turnaround, why is it everyone expects their stuff to ship 5 mins after paid?

3.) (A) The timeframe varies, and alot of people cant run to the post office immediately after getting paid. I personally feel that 2-3 days to ship is acceptable depending what the circumstances are... although some feel this isnt good. If a business takes up to 10 days to ship (TOPPS) why isnt there a gripe about that.

NOTE: Just my opinion but if a buyer on Ebay doesnt pay, he cant leave a seller feedback. If a buer on here doesnt pay they tend to leave retailitory feedback ex. my own feedback where the buyers agreed to deals and backed out then left neutral which I believe they dont have to right to even leave Itrader if they backed out...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #67 (permalink)

How long should you wait for a card to be shipped, before having to leave neg. feedback or claim? I'm having my first real problem with a seller. Bought the card last Sunday or Monday. Seller had funeral/weather issues come up past weekend (card could of been shipped Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday). Was told card was still in hand Monday and would be shipped and I would be sent dc. Now Wednesday, sent another pm to seller, and they were online.
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
How long should you wait for a card to be shipped, before having to leave neg. feedback or claim? I'm having my first real problem with a seller. Bought the card last Sunday or Monday. Seller had funeral/weather issues come up past weekend (card could of been shipped Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday). Was told card was still in hand Monday and would be shipped and I would be sent dc. Now Wednesday, sent another pm to seller, and they were online.
Id file a claim on Paypal...usually that motivates someone to ship...shows your not messing around. If the card arrives Id leave neutral... but its funny how these family emergencies arrises after someone is paid.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
What about group breaks?

I wish that the iTrader had a way to add another option besides just buy, sell, or trade. If I could, I would add "group break."

So, should iTrader be left for group breaks? Absolutely.

You should leave the host iTrader once your items arrive and the host should leave you iTrader as well. If you buy, sell, or trade spots within a group break, you should also leave iTrader for those transactions as well.

If a person joins a break but then never pays, should they be left a negative? No. While you sharpen your pitchforks, let me explain why... a group break fills at it's own pace and some can fill in minutes while others may take weeks. A person may join a group break that then never fills... or may not fill for a month! In the meantime, life happens or that person just may forget. It is not intent to defraud, it is just life. (There are obvious exceptions - like if a person is on and posting yet ignores the host's PM, etc.)

Does the host have the right to leave a negative? Yes, absolutely. However, in my opinion, it is in poor form.
[/B] section:
i agree with this for case breaks, but when i host BGS group subs, i do not leave feedback for the participants. reason for this is i have nothing to lose, the cards are always theirs and i do not make money or benefit. other than maybe a reduced grading fee, which applies to all the cards in the sub, typcally everyone benefits from that. really, all i do is compile cards to send as a group and then divide them up to ship them to their owners. they don't pay me for the service, other than a small cost added to the return shipping, so i don't feel feedback is warranted.

am i correct in assuming this, or should i leave feedback?
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #70 (permalink)

The problem I have with a lot of the members here and when a contract is made is that a poopload of them are under 18 and cannot legally enter into contracts.

I also like the wording change when group breaks are approved...

This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).

I have ZERO issue dropping a negative now if people don't pay.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
The problem I have with a lot of the members here and when a contract is made is that a poopload of them are under 18 and cannot legally enter into contracts.

I also like the wording change when group breaks are approved...

This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).

I have ZERO issue dropping a negative now if people don't pay.
I find it pretty ironic that once you say you want some slots in a group break, you are now "committed to pay". Funny how when a case is being bought from Blowout you either pay for your slot you said you would take or face the consequences. But someone can go in any sales thread they want and say they will take something and never pay and thats ok. I see
Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
I find it pretty ironic that once you say you want some slots in a group break, you are now "committed to pay". Funny how when a case is being bought from Blowout you either pay for your slot you said you would take or face the consequences. But someone can go in any sales thread they want and say they will take something and never pay and thats ok. I see
Don't get me wrong....If I have a sale and someone agrees to buy a card from me and they don't pay I have zero issue leaving a negative.

It doesn't happen to me much if at all. I will also warn others of what the buyer did in other buying threads.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Don't get me wrong....If I have a sale and someone agrees to buy a card from me and they don't pay I have zero issue leaving a negative.

It doesn't happen to me much if at all. I will also warn others of what the buyer did in other buying threads.
That was not in any way directed at you Jon. You just happened to be the one I quoted,thats all. If they can put that rule in when it comes to them getting paid for thier case then why cant they put the same rule in place on here? Thats the question I was trying to ask. I pharased it wrong. If someone says "I will take it" and dont pay its an automatic negative and they cannot leave negative feedback for the seller, period.Its an auto ban if they do. If they are told up front that cant hit the seller with a neg if they dont pay and they still do then they are gone. Problem solved. People claiming stuff and not paying on here is costing good decent sellers time and money and these clowns doing it keep doing it over and over.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #74 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
That was not in any way directed at you Jon. You just happened to be the one I quoted,thats all. If they can put that rule in when it comes to them getting paid for thier case then why cant they put the same rule in place on here? Thats the question I was trying to ask. I pharased it wrong. If someone says "I will take it" and dont pay its an automatic negative and they cannot leave negative feedback for the seller, period.Its an auto ban if they do. If they are told up front that cant hit the seller with a neg if they dont pay and they still do then they are gone. Problem solved. People claiming stuff and not paying on here is costing good decent sellers time and money and these clowns doing it keep doing it over and over.
As long as we also have a rule about timely response (seller must respond within 24 hours, for instance), then I am all for it honestly.

Otherwise, a seller will post and then ignore their own thread and messages for a week.

Also, there would need to be a rule about posts vs message. If a guy posts but I message the seller earlier, what then?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Uhhh.....you contact eBay telling them they sent you too much money and that it should have only been $0.50.

Why do people need their hand held here?
It is nice. May we hold hands?

Quote:
I left double feedback by accident once. I am still guilt ridden.

Quote:
yeah, it does seem contradictory.

Quote:
As long as we also have a rule about timely response (seller must respond within 24 hours, for instance), then I am all for it honestly.

Otherwise, a seller will post and then ignore their own thread and messages for a week.

Also, there would need to be a rule about posts vs message. If a guy posts but I message the seller earlier, what then?
I am guilty of this. I am just absent minded and forget to check my threads or check them early in the morning before my sons get up.