Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Refund time frame. Should I leave an ebay Neg?

I purchased a Tiger Woods auto at auction off of ebay so it was a good amount of money. I won the card on Feb 24th. It showed a label created on the 25th Priority Mail with signature required. I have not yet received the card, but what worries me is that it was never scanned into the system. The tracking just shows electronic information received. I PM'ed the seller and he says he put it in the mail on the 26th along with other packages, and other packages were scanned, and I assume delivered by now. He told me that he checked with the Post Office, and they told him that they can't search for the package for 10 postal days. The seller seems like a good seller and has good feedback, and his communication has been good as well. Of course, I will wait a few more days for it to pop up or at least get scanned. My question is what is etiquette regarding how long to wait before asking for a refund?

Last edited by hkwinger; 03-09-2013 at 10:34 AM.
hkwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Update-
We agreed that I would get a refund yesterday. When I made the claim on ebay, I got a very quick response. He said that he called ebay to refund my money and they told him that since he expected delivery that he should not refund me and continue to wait. (it had been 2 weeks). I called ebay and they advised me to elevate the claim, which I did and won within hours. Their response was basically a paypal print out was not sufficient if it is never scanned in the system as this package was never scanned. So more questions for you guys:

1) if you print a label and insure it (as the seller claims he did), and it is never gets scanned into the system, can you take the postal insurance or the other insurance offered by paypal? Has anyone had success or been denied this?

2) I won the auction at an amazing deal, so it it common for dealers even with good feedback simply use this as a way to not complete the sale without risk of a negative?

3) And my last question, is this neg worthy. Super nice seller. Communication was great. But I did never get the card. And after 2 weeks and agreeing on a refund, I still needed to make a claim and elevate it and wait for an ebay decision. The seller was always quick to blame the post office (which it is entirely possible that it is their fault), but it was a big waste of my time and I never got anything.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwinger View Post
Update-
We agreed that I would get a refund yesterday. When I made the claim on ebay, I got a very quick response. He said that he called ebay to refund my money and they told him that since he expected delivery that he should not refund me and continue to wait. (it had been 2 weeks). I called ebay and they advised me to elevate the claim, which I did and won within hours. Their response was basically a paypal print out was not sufficient if it is never scanned in the system as this package was never scanned. So more questions for you guys:

1) if you print a label and insure it (as the seller claims he did), and it is never gets scanned into the system, can you take the postal insurance or the other insurance offered by paypal? Has anyone had success or been denied this?

2) I won the auction at an amazing deal, so it it common for dealers even with good feedback simply use this as a way to not complete the sale without risk of a negative?

3) And my last question, is this neg worthy. Super nice seller. Communication was great. But I did never get the card. And after 2 weeks and agreeing on a refund, I still needed to make a claim and elevate it and wait for an ebay decision. The seller was always quick to blame the post office (which it is entirely possible that it is their fault), but it was a big waste of my time and I never got anything.

Thanks
1. If the card wasn't scanned into the system then insurance would not pay out. For all they know he just printed a label with no intentions of shipping anything just so he could collect insurance.

2. It happens, but I wouldn't say it's often. If you see him relist it then you will know.

3. If you feel the seller has been honest and done everything he can then I would not drop a neg. Personally I wouldn't leave a neutral either if I believed it was honest and the refund came promptly. Some times honest mistakes happen and shouldn't be punished for it.

If it was like the other thread where the seller was an idiot and had to ask for the shipping address after 2 weeks I would say neg away.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwinger View Post
Update-

Thanks
I have had #2 happen far too frequently lately. Lol, after proof reading that it sounds rediculous.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote