Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Okay, wait a minute.

YOU have feedback here, he doesn't.
WHY are you sending first?
Why should you have to?
I agree with you. I'd at minimum send same time. But why did no one in this trade suggest a middle man?
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Default

It wasnt till after the fact that a middleman was brought up. The trade was dead by then. Would u send a $500 sp authentic adrian peterson rc auto/gu first????
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
It wasnt till after the fact that a middleman was brought up. The trade was dead by then. Would u send a $500 sp authentic adrian peterson rc auto/gu first????
I'd be smart enough to ask for a middle man.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Default

Lol ok smartass I had no idea that was an option clearly im new to the forums. How havent u figured that out yet???
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

Just take a deep breath and listen to our advice. No reason to get all defensive.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
It wasnt till after the fact that a middleman was brought up. The trade was dead by then. Would u send a $500 sp authentic adrian peterson rc auto/gu first????
And would the other party want to send their $500 card first to a member with 0 feedback?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Default

First off I have taken the advice but now people don't wanna trade because of this nitwit jags. Thats y im upset. Oh and by the way his wasnt worth $500. I was doing him a hell of a deal. Its ridiculous all because he didnt get what he wanted now I have to pay for it because of a big ass cry baby.....seriously are we in kindercare now. Thats why I said this was a joke. U can effect peoples jtraf ing just because u wanted to throw a hissy fit. Wow.
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
First off I have taken the advice but now people don't wanna trade because of this nitwit jags. Thats y im upset. Oh and by the way his wasnt worth $500. I was doing him a hell of a deal. Its ridiculous all because he didnt get what he wanted now I have to pay for it because of a big ass cry baby.....seriously are we in kindercare now. Thats why I said this was a joke. U can effect peoples jtraf ing just because u wanted to throw a hissy fit. Wow.
how about you follow the flow, buy some cards to get your feedback up and send first on trades for a while
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Default

Thats what I think imma do. I have a lot of cards especially low end. I just figured I would yhrow the ap out there cause I want a nice luck but ill wait. I don't have a problem sending first just nerve racking ya know.
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 23,580
Default

What is it about card drama that gets me so horny?
__________________
We don't just live in a world with trolls and white knights...we live in a world with trolls disguised as white knights.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,977
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Still have the ocho magic chrome auto?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
MetDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 4,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
Thats what I think imma do. I have a lot of cards especially low end. I just figured I would yhrow the ap out there cause I want a nice luck but ill wait. I don't have a problem sending first just nerve racking ya know.
While some of your replies have a tone that make me question whether or not you are being disingenuous,
I will assume you are simply really new to trading and dont understand that many sites have a "must send first" rule with respect to new traders.

While it is NOT specifically a rule here, it is an accepted protocol.
I dont expect someone brand new to trading to magically know this, however.
Personally, I would have pointed that out far earlier in the negotiation.

The way I see it you didnt "back out"
You learned of a condition that had you known of earlier, you would have ended the negotiation that much sooner, and no trade would've been agreed to in the first place.

In any case,

Your options are
send first on a trade
sell said card via paypal GOODS and buy other persons card. (both "buyers" protected by paypal)
use a middleman
or let it go fro now and
build up feedback thru small trades and buying/selling.

Hopefully you at least understand why established members are not going to want to trade
$500 cards with someone who has zero feedback here or on other sites unless the newb is sending first.

gl
__________________
2008 Topps Chrome Red Refractor SET #'d/25 98.8% complete!
NEED THESE 4 - PLEASE LMK!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 03-09-2013 at 07:19 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: None of your damn business
Posts: 8,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
First off I have taken the advice but now people don't wanna trade because of this nitwit jags. Thats y im upset. Oh and by the way his wasnt worth $500. I was doing him a hell of a deal. Its ridiculous all because he didnt get what he wanted now I have to pay for it because of a big ass cry baby.....seriously are we in kindercare now. Thats why I said this was a joke. U can effect peoples jtraf ing just because u wanted to throw a hissy fit. Wow.
You have 26 posts and not a single feedback and you have cursed and insulted multiple members and drawn the ire of countless more. Maybe you should evaluate your behavior and actions a little closer. I have 900 + posts and 60+ feedback and haven't been attacked or even close yet. Am I perfect? Hell no but I understand that when new to any environment it is best to learn the rules and protocals first and lay low until you get a grasp on things operate. You have done none of that and on top of it have chosen to come out swinging. At least I think you are. It really is hard to tell with your awful grammar and literacy.

For the record I still don't believe that as the op's scenario was laid out that you backed out of the deal as terms were still being negotiated. However, I am glad for him that it happened as I have a strong feeling that he would have ended up unhappy.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 03-09-2013 at 09:58 PM.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Default

Hey just a heads up this is over dude. Im done with it. For real. I got what people are saying I took the advice. End of story.
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #65 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft28jags View Post
Don't need a middleman. Never have used one and never will. no need for me to revive the deal. I disagree with your logic as it pertains to this but it is what it is. Again, my post is simply to tell my experience and the community can decide. Nothing more nothing less
Sounds shady you would never use a middle man even if requested by the other person
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
Lol ok smartass I had no idea that was an option clearly im new to the forums. How havent u figured that out yet???
You'll be Suspended for that language
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #67 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 1,568
Default

All you morons that say the OP should have told the noob will be sending first... YOURRE IDIOTS!! YOU'RE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT LET PEOPLE HOLD YOUR PAYPAL FOR MONTHS AND THEN DONT LEAVE A NEG!!!!!
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 1,568
Default

I would if the person i was traiding with had an itrader like the OP's



Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
It wasnt till after the fact that a middleman was brought up. The trade was dead by then. Would u send a $500 sp authentic adrian peterson rc auto/gu first????
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,242
Default

i'll be the middle man. sheesh.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Non Desert Land Arizona
Posts: 6,909
Default

how many times has fish been a middleman? how many times has it been suggested that PP also be used for trades but give refunds upon completion? I know matty wheels also said he would be a middle man...

if possible 0/10 gold doubronts here

0/10
__________________
I take off a lot of the summer from here. It's not you, it's me, really
Adam Dunn for HOF Fan Club/Retract that Bid!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
packsmashers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 400
Default

Quick update on this one. JustinModglin27 Recieved the cards a week ago on our trade. I know this because I used the very tracking number I sent him to follow this trade. So far not a peep about recieving or shipping any cards. I've PMed him. Done all that I can do. Looks like I owe ft28jags an apology. The little SOB got me.
The funny thing was that I sent him a link to this thread and told him that I stuck my neck out for him and not to let me down. Guess it didn't work. There is still hope that the cards will show, but the chances of that are dwindling.
__________________
Bucket--- http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/digitalgood2012/library/
packsmashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
TheLastDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 92
Default

Ouch, sorry pack.

I had my suspicions the end of page 3 wasn't going to be good after seeing that the majority of that thread was from back on the 9th and it was now the 22nd and he still didn't have any FB...yet he claimed he was going to finish his trades with you and another guy.
__________________
I'm a 3rd shifter, so if you don't hear back from me right away, please don't think I'm avoiding you.

I'll always respond, whether it's good news or bad news.
TheLastDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #73 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
Quick update on this one. JustinModglin27 Recieved the cards a week ago on our trade. I know this because I used the very tracking number I sent him to follow this trade. So far not a peep about recieving or shipping any cards. I've PMed him. Done all that I can do. Looks like I owe ft28jags an apology. The little SOB got me.
The funny thing was that I sent him a link to this thread and told him that I stuck my neck out for him and not to let me down. Guess it didn't work. There is still hope that the cards will show, but the chances of that are dwindling.
Can't say I am surprised. PM the MODS iluvfish2 and pskell02 the info. Leave negative. He was logged on this week so it he didn't respond he likely wont.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,564
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

In this day and age I would be weary of any member that uses attachments of pics from instead of a hosting source. Which this justinmodglin27 did. Checking his post history I see him selling cards with attachments that have the ebay "watermark"
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #75 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
In this day and age I would be weary of any member that uses attachments of pics from instead of a hosting source. Which this justinmodglin27 did. Checking his post history I see him selling cards with attachments that have the ebay "watermark"
I have my photos scanned into my computer and my bucket is outdated I just haven't had the time to update it. I honestly prefer attachments.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.