Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,540
Default

I don't need an apology. I just wanted to put my experience out there and let others decide whether or not to deal with him. Sorry you appear to have lost out on some cards. IMO I think I weeded out a scammer on the early side before he could get the train rolling. Again, sorry about your apparent loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
Quick update on this one. JustinModglin27 Recieved the cards a week ago on our trade. I know this because I used the very tracking number I sent him to follow this trade. So far not a peep about recieving or shipping any cards. I've PMed him. Done all that I can do. Looks like I owe ft28jags an apology. The little SOB got me.
The funny thing was that I sent him a link to this thread and told him that I stuck my neck out for him and not to let me down. Guess it didn't work. There is still hope that the cards will show, but the chances of that are dwindling.
__________________
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/willnbeebs/

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER. NO REPLY=IGNORE LIST MORE THEN LIKELY.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
I have my photos scanned into my computer and my bucket is outdated I just haven't had the time to update it. I honestly prefer attachments.
Me too....
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
IndyKMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central HoosierLand
Posts: 1,440
Default

Well, hopefully he does come through for you.

But I just cannot understand why you felt you had to send first. I don't care if you've only been here since Feb, the fact is, you had trades already completed here ... a history ... and he did not. There is absolutely NO REASON that you should have felt obligated to send first or should have felt like you needed to agree to do so if he requested it.

To me, that screams scam all the way. How could someone with no history here dictate the terms? Well, probably someone that is throwing a bunch of pasta on the wall and trying to get at least one piece to stick.

Like I said, I truly hope this guy comes through for you. But if he doesn't, I'd go balls-to-the-wall by filing mail fraud charges thru the USPS.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,306
Default

Anyone who uses "imma" and types like this window-licker does is pretty clearly a pretty immature individual...

Common sense people...common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft28jags View Post
I dont recommend dealing with this member. Says yes to a trade and a high end one at that. When he finds out he's sending first since he has 0 feedback he backs out. Just a heads up to anyone who thinks they're going to trade with him. I've added him to the ignore list so I don't have to deal with him and more importantly waste trading time. Below is the highlight of the time I will never get back


Originally Posted by JustinModglin27
Thats fine i have no quarles with that but imma have to wait. I have a few trades in transit right now but i cant send first i just cant. ill just wait till i have more feedback then throw it back up. I have probably $30,000 in cards that alot of money went into so ill just wait. i know im new to the forums but ive been around for along time. Its hard to trust people on the net. just is. sry for the problem.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,120
Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Anyone who uses "imma" and types like this window-licker does is pretty clearly a pretty immature individual...

Common sense people...common sense.
That was the first thing that jumped out at me...his use of "imma", if you use that or "prolly"? First clue that person is a child, or just a idiot. Don't blame ya abit jags, you did the right thing informing the boards of that person, and you have been vendicated for doing so by his actions. Pays to be a d!ck around here these days. If you don't cover your a$$, no one else will.
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,540
Default

thanks bud. It doesn't bother me in the least to be a schmuck at all. I know what I'm about at the end of the day, as do the people that trade with me. My feedback and rep speak for themselves. If it was a popularity contest though, then I know I'd lose and can't say I care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybag View Post
That was the first thing that jumped out at me...his use of "imma", if you use that or "prolly"? First clue that person is a child, or just a idiot. Don't blame ya abit jags, you did the right thing informing the boards of that person, and you have been vendicated for doing so by his actions. Pays to be a d!ck around here these days. If you don't cover your a$$, no one else will.
__________________
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/willnbeebs/

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER. NO REPLY=IGNORE LIST MORE THEN LIKELY.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
packsmashers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Well, hopefully he does come through for you.

But I just cannot understand why you felt you had to send first. I don't care if you've only been here since Feb, the fact is, you had trades already completed here ... a history ... and he did not. There is absolutely NO REASON that you should have felt obligated to send first or should have felt like you needed to agree to do so if he requested it.

To me, that screams scam all the way. How could someone with no history here dictate the terms? Well, probably someone that is throwing a bunch of pasta on the wall and trying to get at least one piece to stick.

Like I said, I truly hope this guy comes through for you. But if he doesn't, I'd go balls-to-the-wall by filing mail fraud charges thru the USPS.
Thanks for the well wishes fellas. I traded and sent first with this guy because I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I have traded this way before and it has worked out... this time I got burned. I had a hard time getting started on the boards when I first found this site...I just wanted to help another new guy out. Live and learn.
As far as mail fraud charges... that is federal offense and something that follows a man for life. I'm not ready to ruin a kids future over a few stolen football cards. Call me soft, but the punishment would not fit the crime.
__________________
Bucket--- http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/digitalgood2012/library/
packsmashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
Thanks for the well wishes fellas. I traded and sent first with this guy because I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I have traded this way before and it has worked out... this time I got burned. I had a hard time getting started on the boards when I first found this site...I just wanted to help another new guy out. Live and learn.
As far as mail fraud charges... that is federal offense and something that follows a man for life. I'm not ready to ruin a kids future over a few stolen football cards. Call me soft, but the punishment would not fit the crime.
Whaaaaaat? Really? First you send first when everyone felt he was a scammer and now you are afraid to hold him responsible for his actions? This is the kind of crap that allows scammers to screw people. You are every bit as responsible for giving him the chance to do it and now not having him face any consequences. This just really pisses me off.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Whaaaaaat? Really? First you send first when everyone felt he was a scammer and now you are afraid to hold him responsible for his actions? This is the kind of crap that allows scammers to screw people. You are every bit as responsible for giving him the chance to do it and now not having him face any consequences. This just really pisses me off.
Yup. Scammers love guys like him.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
packsmashers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 400
Default

So here is what you're all hot for me to do to this guy. This is assuming that he is over 18 and can be charged as an adult. Mind you this is for a trade that consisted of a group of cards valued less than $50. Think about that as you read the following.
Would you want this leveled against you? I'm not saying that his actions are justified, and I'm not saying that not I'm pissed but I'm not willing to put anyone in the position like what a felony brings.

•Incarceration. The potential prison penalty for a federal mail fraud crime is very stiff. Each offense can result in a sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison. However, the penalty can be harsher if the crime involves specific victims or elements. When, for example, a fraud scheme involves federal disaster relief or where the victim is a financial institution, sentences of 30 years per offense are possible.

•Fines. Mail fraud fines are also very high. A conviction for a single count of mail fraud can result in a fine of up to $250,000. For fraud involving financial institutions or federal disaster relief, fines of up to $1 million per offense are possible.

•Probation. Mail fraud convictions can also result in a probation term. Anyone sentenced to probation has to spend a specific amount of time, typically one to three years or more, abiding by specific court conditions in lieu of serving prison time. These conditions limit the person's liberties, such as by requiring the probationer to regularly report to a probation monitor, submitting to random home searches or random drug tests, not associating with known criminals, and not committing other crimes.

•Restitution. When a mail fraud scheme succeeds in defrauding someone of property or causes harm to a victim, courts make restitution a part of the sentence. Restitution payments are made to the victims so they can recover what they lost as a result of the fraud. Restitution payments must be made in addition to fines, and when probation is given, are made a condition of the sentence.

A Felony also can effect the following:
•Voting privileges (14 states permanently revoke the right to vote to ex-convicts)
•25 states restrict the right to hold public office
•Security clearances for certain professions (teaching, working with children, security)
•Cannot obtain a passport or a visa for entry into certain countries
•Convicts are pulled into police line-ups as a potential suspect
•Cannot legally obtain firearms
•Loss of federal financial aid money for college in drug related convictions
•Parenting rights can be taken away (custody, visiting rights)

So is that worth the theft of $50?
__________________
Bucket--- http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/digitalgood2012/library/
packsmashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

So is that worth the theft of $50?

Maybe he should have thought of that before hand.

Crime wouldn't be nearly as high if people wouldn't keep getting let off with a slap on the wrist (sounds like he's not even getting that).
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 29,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
So here is what you're all hot for me to do to this guy. This is assuming that he is over 18 and can be charged as an adult. Mind you this is for a trade that consisted of a group of cards valued less than $50. Think about that as you read the following.
Would you want this leveled against you? I'm not saying that his actions are justified, and I'm not saying that not I'm pissed but I'm not willing to put anyone in the position like what a felony brings.

•Incarceration. The potential prison penalty for a federal mail fraud crime is very stiff. Each offense can result in a sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison. However, the penalty can be harsher if the crime involves specific victims or elements. When, for example, a fraud scheme involves federal disaster relief or where the victim is a financial institution, sentences of 30 years per offense are possible.

•Fines. Mail fraud fines are also very high. A conviction for a single count of mail fraud can result in a fine of up to $250,000. For fraud involving financial institutions or federal disaster relief, fines of up to $1 million per offense are possible.

•Probation. Mail fraud convictions can also result in a probation term. Anyone sentenced to probation has to spend a specific amount of time, typically one to three years or more, abiding by specific court conditions in lieu of serving prison time. These conditions limit the person's liberties, such as by requiring the probationer to regularly report to a probation monitor, submitting to random home searches or random drug tests, not associating with known criminals, and not committing other crimes.

•Restitution. When a mail fraud scheme succeeds in defrauding someone of property or causes harm to a victim, courts make restitution a part of the sentence. Restitution payments are made to the victims so they can recover what they lost as a result of the fraud. Restitution payments must be made in addition to fines, and when probation is given, are made a condition of the sentence.

A Felony also can effect the following:
•Voting privileges (14 states permanently revoke the right to vote to ex-convicts)
•25 states restrict the right to hold public office
•Security clearances for certain professions (teaching, working with children, security)
•Cannot obtain a passport or a visa for entry into certain countries
•Convicts are pulled into police line-ups as a potential suspect
•Cannot legally obtain firearms
•Loss of federal financial aid money for college in drug related convictions
•Parenting rights can be taken away (custody, visiting rights)

So is that worth the theft of $50?
Actually theft of only $50 is NOT a felony. It has to be over a certain amount before it becomes a felony, I believe over $500 of something along those lines.
__________________
What's a... pederass, Walter?
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
So here is what you're all hot for me to do to this guy. This is assuming that he is over 18 and can be charged as an adult. Mind you this is for a trade that consisted of a group of cards valued less than $50. Think about that as you read the following.
Would you want this leveled against you? I'm not saying that his actions are justified, and I'm not saying that not I'm pissed but I'm not willing to put anyone in the position like what a felony brings.

•Incarceration. The potential prison penalty for a federal mail fraud crime is very stiff. Each offense can result in a sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison. However, the penalty can be harsher if the crime involves specific victims or elements. When, for example, a fraud scheme involves federal disaster relief or where the victim is a financial institution, sentences of 30 years per offense are possible.

•Fines. Mail fraud fines are also very high. A conviction for a single count of mail fraud can result in a fine of up to $250,000. For fraud involving financial institutions or federal disaster relief, fines of up to $1 million per offense are possible.

•Probation. Mail fraud convictions can also result in a probation term. Anyone sentenced to probation has to spend a specific amount of time, typically one to three years or more, abiding by specific court conditions in lieu of serving prison time. These conditions limit the person's liberties, such as by requiring the probationer to regularly report to a probation monitor, submitting to random home searches or random drug tests, not associating with known criminals, and not committing other crimes.

•Restitution. When a mail fraud scheme succeeds in defrauding someone of property or causes harm to a victim, courts make restitution a part of the sentence. Restitution payments are made to the victims so they can recover what they lost as a result of the fraud. Restitution payments must be made in addition to fines, and when probation is given, are made a condition of the sentence.

A Felony also can effect the following:
•Voting privileges (14 states permanently revoke the right to vote to ex-convicts)
•25 states restrict the right to hold public office
•Security clearances for certain professions (teaching, working with children, security)
•Cannot obtain a passport or a visa for entry into certain countries
•Convicts are pulled into police line-ups as a potential suspect
•Cannot legally obtain firearms
•Loss of federal financial aid money for college in drug related convictions
•Parenting rights can be taken away (custody, visiting rights)

So is that worth the theft of $50?
Yes,yes,yes,yes and yes. He did it to himself when he chose to become a crook. You really think that you not doing anything is doing anything but making him want to do it more? I can't stand all of these bleeding heart people out there. You sheep are why the wolves are multiplying. And as D2R said, it is a minor misdemeanor for a theft of $50. Feds wouldn't even look at it but it is the princple of not holding him accountable. Even if the law does nothing you owe it to everyone else to take a stand against people like this. It is precisely because of people like you taking a hands off approach or minimizing the crooks actions that allow them to flourish.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

"Fark it, I quit".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 03-22-2013 at 11:45 PM.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
packsmashers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 400
Default

Jmscoggin-

First I want to say that I just took a closer look at your avatar and noticed that USMC on there. I want to say thank you for your service to this country, and if you have that avatar in honor of someone I want you to get up from your keyboard and go thank that person for me.

2nd- Here is a little about me and my background. My Grandpa served in WWII and was a POW for 6 months, then went MIA for 11 more months. He was in the army as a Jeep Driver during the invasion of Sicily. He came home to find out they had "buried" him. It was by the grace of the good lord above that he made it back to the heartland and was fortunate enough to raise six children. One of them was my father.

My Dad was a Viet Nam vet who served aboard the U.S.S. Guam and hauled marines like yourself, or your loved one, to the jungles to die, or brought them home so they could be spit on and hated by the country they swore to serve. For my dad's service he wasn't awarded a medal, instead he developed a skin condition that plauges him to this day from the agent orange that he worked around.
He was also fortunate enough to come home to the heartland and raise a family. I'm the oldest of three. In high school I wanted to go to the military. I felt that it was my duty as a citizen of this great nation to serve. I talked with recruiters from the marines, the army, and the air force. Then 9/11 happened.
My father and my grandfather sat me down the day after, when I was like every other red-blooded male in the United States and was planning to join, and begged me not to go into the service and watched my father cry. A man who came home and got into law enforcement (retired after 25 years)...a man who has worked the worst wrecks and seen the worst carnage you can imagine and never flinched, cried like a baby begging me not to go.
So I passed up serving my country to support my family.
This is the stock of men that I come from. These are my roots. I'm not a sheep, or a wolf, I'm doing evertything I can to be the shepard. I'm raising my kids to be honest and hard working. To never cut corners and to dream as big as they can. I back it up by working 60-70 hours a week for a laughable sum. I vote, I pay my taxes, I try to live my life by the good book when I can, and pray that God's not watching when I fail.

I'm telling you this so you might understand what I'm about to say. Maybe it'll shed some light on the words...

My opinion was formed from watching my father deal day in and day out with a legal system that just doesn't work. The revolving door on every courthouse in this country is enough to make any man sick.
So why waste anyone's time with a petty crook? Because it's the morally right thing to do? Because YOU happen to be exposed to it here... so now you take to this platform to voice your stance?

Here's a clue buddy, nobody cares. I mean nobody REALLY cares.

I agree, whole-heartedly, that what this kid has done is wrong and illegal, but thanks to the current state of our legal system are you going to foot the bill for a lawyer?
Are you going to pay the legal fees that come with chasing this little runt down?
Are you then going to wrangle with the court system for the next year and a half waiting for his attorney to just plea it down to probation and time served?

By the time this thing went through he will have ripped off more folks anyway. It won't stop no matter how mad you and I get. The wheels keep spinning. A slap on the wrist isn't going to help, but neither is lopping off his hand.
So before you go calling anyone a sheep and getting pissed about how weak I am you need to take a look out your window at the world outside. Then go take a look in the mirror.

I treated this kid the way I wanted to be treated. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, I treated him with honesty and with integrity. I stood up for him. The fact that he was dishonest says more about him than it does me. I'm the focus of the anger now because I've shown my face on these boards and brought it to your attention. Why are you not laying into the one who did wrong instead of the one who did right?

You know why? Because you're just like the people you claim you can't stand. You're just like me...another sheep. You're pissed at me because it's the EASY thing to do. The right thing to do is to go after the theif, but NO! "Lets bust the balls of the guy that tried to make a new member feel welcome." "Let's crap on him because he isn't jaded like the rest of us! Let's voice our WORTHLESS OPINIONS to him because the other guy ran for the hills."

I owe you nothing. I don't owe anyone on this board or in this world a damn thing. You don't agree? That's fine. It's your freedom to disagree. It's your right, and I hope you do it often.
My grandpa taught me an old saying when I was a boy and it's one that I live my life by. "I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I am not." So now, at least you know who you're dealing with.

FYI-I watched my grandpa pass away on Christmas eve last year, and stood at his funeral right next to the twenty one gun salute. I have a blank shell casing that I wear as a necklace ...to remind me that freedom is never free, and that even great men pass away.
Once again, even though we may disagree, I still want to thank you for your time and your service to this country.

Please remember Army Pvt. 1st class Carl Leroy Good.
POW-MIA. Gone, but never forgotten.

-Dusty Carl Good (Guess where the middle name came from?)
__________________
Bucket--- http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/digitalgood2012/library/
packsmashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #90 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
Thanks for the well wishes fellas. I traded and sent first with this guy because I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I have traded this way before and it has worked out... this time I got burned. I had a hard time getting started on the boards when I first found this site...I just wanted to help another new guy out. Live and learn.
As far as mail fraud charges... that is federal offense and something that follows a man for life. I'm not ready to ruin a kids future over a few stolen football cards. Call me soft, but the punishment would not fit the crime.
I wanna trade with you
I'm not ready to ruin a kids future over a few stolen football cards. Call me soft, but the punishment would not fit the crime.

im kidding i have no idea how this doesnt bother you? to each his own and you should be proud of your family!! Thank you for that
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,170
Default

someone giving out free cards? I'm in. PM coming! <<<crossing fingers for a trout/strassy/harper/brady/montanta/marino/elway auto lot!>>>
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft28jags View Post
It doesn't bother me in the least to be a schmuck at all.
QFT. LOL.

Love me some Will! This will sound like a backwards compliment, but if you actually take all general emotion out of reading his statements, Will will lead you to the promise land.

Sorry to Packsmashers. Hope this guy pulls through, but $50 or not, at least neg him on itrader.
__________________
Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (100 of which are auto'd)
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q290/collegetim916
[B]Marino Most Wanted:
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
marinocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsmashers View Post
Jmscoggin-

First I want to say that I just took a closer look at your avatar and noticed that USMC on there. I want to say thank you for your service to this country, and if you have that avatar in honor of someone I want you to get up from your keyboard and go thank that person for me.

2nd- Here is a little about me and my background. My Grandpa served in WWII and was a POW for 6 months, then went MIA for 11 more months. He was in the army as a Jeep Driver during the invasion of Sicily. He came home to find out they had "buried" him. It was by the grace of the good lord above that he made it back to the heartland and was fortunate enough to raise six children. One of them was my father.

My Dad was a Viet Nam vet who served aboard the U.S.S. Guam and hauled marines like yourself, or your loved one, to the jungles to die, or brought them home so they could be spit on and hated by the country they swore to serve. For my dad's service he wasn't awarded a medal, instead he developed a skin condition that plauges him to this day from the agent orange that he worked around.
He was also fortunate enough to come home to the heartland and raise a family. I'm the oldest of three. In high school I wanted to go to the military. I felt that it was my duty as a citizen of this great nation to serve. I talked with recruiters from the marines, the army, and the air force. Then 9/11 happened.
My father and my grandfather sat me down the day after, when I was like every other red-blooded male in the United States and was planning to join, and begged me not to go into the service and watched my father cry. A man who came home and got into law enforcement (retired after 25 years)...a man who has worked the worst wrecks and seen the worst carnage you can imagine and never flinched, cried like a baby begging me not to go.
So I passed up serving my country to support my family.
This is the stock of men that I come from. These are my roots. I'm not a sheep, or a wolf, I'm doing evertything I can to be the shepard. I'm raising my kids to be honest and hard working. To never cut corners and to dream as big as they can. I back it up by working 60-70 hours a week for a laughable sum. I vote, I pay my taxes, I try to live my life by the good book when I can, and pray that God's not watching when I fail.

I'm telling you this so you might understand what I'm about to say. Maybe it'll shed some light on the words...

My opinion was formed from watching my father deal day in and day out with a legal system that just doesn't work. The revolving door on every courthouse in this country is enough to make any man sick.
So why waste anyone's time with a petty crook? Because it's the morally right thing to do? Because YOU happen to be exposed to it here... so now you take to this platform to voice your stance?

Here's a clue buddy, nobody cares. I mean nobody REALLY cares.

I agree, whole-heartedly, that what this kid has done is wrong and illegal, but thanks to the current state of our legal system are you going to foot the bill for a lawyer?
Are you going to pay the legal fees that come with chasing this little runt down?
Are you then going to wrangle with the court system for the next year and a half waiting for his attorney to just plea it down to probation and time served?

By the time this thing went through he will have ripped off more folks anyway. It won't stop no matter how mad you and I get. The wheels keep spinning. A slap on the wrist isn't going to help, but neither is lopping off his hand.
So before you go calling anyone a sheep and getting pissed about how weak I am you need to take a look out your window at the world outside. Then go take a look in the mirror.

I treated this kid the way I wanted to be treated. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, I treated him with honesty and with integrity. I stood up for him. The fact that he was dishonest says more about him than it does me. I'm the focus of the anger now because I've shown my face on these boards and brought it to your attention. Why are you not laying into the one who did wrong instead of the one who did right?

You know why? Because you're just like the people you claim you can't stand. You're just like me...another sheep. You're pissed at me because it's the EASY thing to do. The right thing to do is to go after the theif, but NO! "Lets bust the balls of the guy that tried to make a new member feel welcome." "Let's crap on him because he isn't jaded like the rest of us! Let's voice our WORTHLESS OPINIONS to him because the other guy ran for the hills."

I owe you nothing. I don't owe anyone on this board or in this world a damn thing. You don't agree? That's fine. It's your freedom to disagree. It's your right, and I hope you do it often.
My grandpa taught me an old saying when I was a boy and it's one that I live my life by. "I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I am not." So now, at least you know who you're dealing with.

FYI-I watched my grandpa pass away on Christmas eve last year, and stood at his funeral right next to the twenty one gun salute. I have a blank shell casing that I wear as a necklace ...to remind me that freedom is never free, and that even great men pass away.
Once again, even though we may disagree, I still want to thank you for your time and your service to this country.

Please remember Army Pvt. 1st class Carl Leroy Good.
POW-MIA. Gone, but never forgotten.

-Dusty Carl Good (Guess where the middle name came from?)
First off I thank you for your appreciation of my service. I also want to return the appreciation towards your wonderful lineage which has done more than its share to uphold the safety and prosperity of the country that I love. That unfortunately is where we part ways.

I am not a sheep and am precisely the opposite. I work in law enforcement and know 100% that criminals that are not held accountable for the things that they do progress to more crimes and they usually get more and more severe until they face a pushback.

Your attitude about not doing something because the system is broken is a cop out. You are using it to shirk your responsibility. If only someone had stepped up to this punk before your trade than maybe you wouldn't have got taken. If you were to step up than maybe you save someone else from being taken but no, you show no interest in that. You need not reward a scammer in an interest to "make a new member feel welcome". There is a reason that new members send first and you ignored that and got the expected result.

You also don't seem to have any care that you helped this person scam on this board by throwing out common sense ans judgement. There was a thread specifically on this individual where everyone to a man woman and child felt him to be a scammer. What did you do? Not only did you do a trade but you sent first. You are almost as complicit as he is and I have no remorse for your loss of cards no matter how small or large.

I respect that you choose to see the good in people but by throwing out the warning signs you are the sheep and not the shepard (actual analogy is sheepdog). It is exactly this mindset that allows the sacmmers to exist and thrive.

I hate that I am more on the jaded side but unfortunately it is required in the cruel world that we live in. Your family and I have fought to provide you the right to believe the way you do but I would bet that they would not agree with you. They were men of honor that believe in being held responsible for your actions and holding people accountable to society. Without that the system breaks down and that benefits noone but the crooks.

You are right that you "owe me nothing" but it was you that posted your dealings on a public forum and opened them up for opinion. Do not turn and snap back when that went a way you did not expect.

After reading back your last post I am also a little if not a lot bothered by your writings. You use your families history as a way to vouch for you when in fact the heroic things they did have no bearing on who you are. You chose not to follow in their footsteps so do not use their military service to represent yourself. You may be just as good of a person but do not attach yourself to service that you have no part of.

"Why are you not laying into the one who did wrong instead of the one who did right?" Because he did exactly what we thought he would and if not already will be banned shortly. Whereas you did what everyone said not to do and now refuse to do the right thing in holding the person accountable.

I am so sick of people that refuse to be a witness, press charges or that make excuses for bad people and criminals. Nobody wants to stand up and do the right thing and that just encourages them to continue.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
IndyKMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central HoosierLand
Posts: 1,440
Default

Well, I certainly disagree with you decision to not take any action, and I'm not going type multiple paragraphs trying to convince you otherwise. But please consider the following:

1. If he's done this to you he's done it to others. You could be victim #2, or #200...and all it takes is one person to take the warranted actions to finally put a stop to it. If others would have stepped up to stop him, maybe YOU would not have become a victim.

2. Yes, a felony sticks with a person for life ... but that's his price to pay for knowingly commiting the crimes. He WILL continue to do this until he is challenged.

3. Filing mail fraud charges is a quick and easy way to try and do your part to stop this guy. I've had to do it once in 15 years, and within 6 months I received a restitution check in the mail and a letter of apology from the individual.

Final note: By failing to take action victims are only helping to further perpetuate the actions of these thieves.

Last edited by IndyKMB; 03-23-2013 at 08:07 PM.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Default

Bahahaha......;-) ♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,831
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
Bahahaha......;-) ♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧
what are you bahahaha'en at did I miss something
__________________
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
lobo_hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,570
Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
...
2. Yes, a felony sticks with a person for life ... but that's his price to pay for knowingly commiting the crimes. He WILL continue to do this until he is challenged.
...
-If you feel bad, know that he can always try for an expungement or pardon, depending on jurisdiction. So it doesn't have to follow them throughout their life...

Carry on, i believe we left off where packsmashers was telling us of his family's long and proud tradition of not caring if people get away with committing crimes...

lobo_hacker, not a bus driver
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
packsmashers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
Bahahaha......;-) ♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧★♣☆♧
WOW...just WOW! This is a prime example that this kid is mentally hanicapped or has stones the size of volleyballs. After this little post I recieved a very short message in my inbox saying...and I quote "The cards will be sent tomorrow, sorry for the inconvience."

No, dude it's alright. It hasn't been an inconvience. I've only been called a sheep, weak, a prime example of decay of Western culture, an enabler, I've had my moral fabric and manhhod questioned, while faceless internet trolls have taken pot-shots at my famliy and my families history. (never a smart move lobo_hacker)

No. Go ahead and take your time. Please don't stand up and clear the air. I like swinging out here in the breeze by my short and curlys.

In short, you sir, are an a$$-hat.

But that's alright, because of this transaction I've learned a lot about my fellow board members, and I've learned even more about how to conduct myself in business transactions in the future.

This will be the last time I post in this thread. This matter is closed as far as I'm concerned, and as for those of you who felt that this situation was a good time to jump in and throw some personal jabs at me, you can forget about ever doing business with me in the future. I'm not that great when it comes to that whole "forgive and forget" thing.
__________________
Bucket--- http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/digitalgood2012/library/
packsmashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
nlau588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 71
Default

Live and learn I guess. Sorry packsmashers that this had to happen to you. Hopefully this clown gets banned soon.
__________________
I collect Patrick Willis//Michael Crabtree//Stephen Curry!
Check out my photobucket! http://s559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/nlau588/Memorabilia/
nlau588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.