Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default JustinModglin27=waste of time and backs out of a deal he said yes to

I dont recommend dealing with this member. Says yes to a trade and a high end one at that. When he finds out he's sending first since he has 0 feedback he backs out. Just a heads up to anyone who thinks they're going to trade with him. I've added him to the ignore list so I don't have to deal with him and more importantly waste trading time. Below is the highlight of the time I will never get back

Originally Posted by JustinModglin27
Thats fine i have no quarles with that but imma have to wait. I have a few trades in transit right now but i cant send first i just cant. ill just wait till i have more feedback then throw it back up. I have probably $30,000 in cards that alot of money went into so ill just wait. i know im new to the forums but ive been around for along time. Its hard to trust people on the net. just is. sry for the problem.

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER. NO REPLY=IGNORE LIST MORE THEN LIKELY.

Last edited by ft28jags; 03-09-2013 at 12:51 AM.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Never liked the name Modglin so I'll put him on that list as well....thanks.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

No problem. If I can save one person from wasting their time I'm all for it. I sense more people will come to this conclusion with this member as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Never liked the name Modglin so I'll put him on that list as well....thanks.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I dont want to post back to this becasue i really dont care but honestly man ur just a punk for this. I think i explained to you why i didnt want to do the trade. If you didnt like it too bad. like i said to u i know i havent been around as long as you but ill get there. heres my thing.....dont try to ruin my name because your mad you didnt get the card. i try to make everything as quick as possible on here when it comes to trading and u will see that soon enough when my feedback starts coming in. normally i will send first and overnight at that so the other trader can get his quick. Not yet has the other trader sent overnight and i will not complain about it cause its my choice. your a big baby dude keep it off the forums.

Thanks
Justin MODGLIN <<<Thats for the lame idiot above me...GROW UP
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

To play devils advocate, it sounds like the send first request was made after the agreement on the trade items. In my mind that is an additional condition and therefore the trade is still under negotiation. I don't think he did anything wrong by not wanting to send "high end" first and I also think his pm was polite, professional and well reasoned.

I also get the op's side in wanting the items first based on the lack of feedback but I think this thread was unneeded and essentialy a tantrum. JMO.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

You probably could of saved both of you some time and at the very beginning of trade discussions inform him that you expected him to send first.

Also the PM the guy sent wasn't rude. Definitely a bad move making this thread.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
You probably could of saved both of you some time and at the very beginning of trade discussions inform him that you expected him to send first.
Agreed. I have never dealt with either member but I think the op here is the one in the wrong and the one I would least like to deal with. At least with only what I am seeing here. Looks like a case of feedback bullying which is pathetic.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you Freeman and thats good advice that ill use from now on.
JustinModglin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

That is your opinion. It is what it is. If any member with 0 feedback is trading with you, we both know they're sending first plain and simple. Never said anything about being rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post

Also the PM the guy sent wasn't rude. Definitely a bad move making this thread.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Never left feedback and never threatened negative itrader. No need to. I simply said I would post for the community to make their own decision If people want to trade with him or vice versa it is what it is. If you don't want to trade with me you're choice and since we haven't traded I'm ok with that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Agreed. I have never dealt with either member but I think the op here is the one in the wrong and the one I would least like to deal with. At least with only what I am seeing here. Looks like a case of feedback bullying which is pathetic.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft28jags View Post
That is your opinion. It is what it is. If any member with 0 feedback is trading with you, we both know they're sending first plain and simple. Never said anything about being rude.
I see your concerns no doubt. This is why we need some type of trade broker or something like that. It is also why I refuse to trade. I would rather sell and buy and have the Paypal protection.

That still doesn't change the fact that this thread was wrong. He gave you a polite and honest response to your additional trade request. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

There was no additional request. He said deal. I sent my addy and told me to send me his so I can prep to ship upon receipt of the trade. Then he started back pedaling. Again if a member with 0rep and feedback truly believes a member with a rep and or feedback is sending first/same time they're delusional. Not a concern IMO. Just a statement of fact. I never said the member was rude. I said the member was /is a waste of time IMO. Plain and simple.
Quote:
I see your concerns no doubt. This is why we need some type of trade broker or something like that. It is also why I refuse to trade. I would rather sell and buy and have the Paypal protection.

That still doesn't change the fact that this thread was wrong. He gave you a polite and honest response to your additional trade request. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Last edited by ft28jags; 03-09-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
There was no additional request. He said deal. I sent my addy and told me to send me his so I can prep to ship upon receipt of the trade. Then he started back pedaling. Again if a member with 0rep and feedback truly believes a member with a rep and or feedback is sending first/same time they're delusional.
I understand that. I also know that I have been scammed here twice by people with more than 50 feedback all positive. It happens both ways. Luckily those were purchases and Paypal reimbursed me. I have yet to trade because there is no protection. I know this is precisely why you were concerned. I just don't see the need for a callout thread based on the pm he sent you. Didn't look like backpedeling to me. Definately didn't warrant being called a "loser".

Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

And again, that is your opinion. Sorry you were scammed. My thread was for the community to make up their mind. I stated my experience and let it be known. If they want to trade with him, that's their choice just as its mine to post my experience. I don't spend much time on this forum other then to see who to avoid and or who's causing problems. To the best of my knowledge first time I've posted here about a deal gone awry. I trade here quite a bit. Just letting my experience be known. By the way,I liked the haiku logic you laid out in the bronco thread.
Quote:
I understand that. I also know that I have been scammed here twice by people with more than 50 feedback all positive. It happens both ways. Luckily those were purchases and Paypal reimbursed me. I have yet to trade because there is no protection. I know this is precisely why you were concerned. I just don't see the need for a callout thread based on the pm he sent you. Didn't look like backpedeling to me.

Last edited by ft28jags; 03-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinModglin27 View Post
I dont want to post back to this becasue i really dont care but honestly man ur just a punk for this. I think i explained to you why i didnt want to do the trade. If you didnt like it too bad. like i said to u i know i havent been around as long as you but ill get there. heres my thing.....dont try to ruin my name because your mad you didnt get the card. i try to make everything as quick as possible on here when it comes to trading and u will see that soon enough when my feedback starts coming in. normally i will send first and overnight at that so the other trader can get his quick. Not yet has the other trader sent overnight and i will not complain about it cause its my choice. your a big baby dude keep it off the forums.

Thanks
Justin MODGLIN <<<Thats for the lame idiot above me...GROW UP
You have 0 feedback and 15 posts. You will get no trades on here unless you are sending first. Go to the members feedback section and do some research and you will see why. Good luck moving forward though. We do need more honest members and I hope you turn out to be one.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

OPs fault for not making the send first clear before trade talks started. You're the "experienced" one so you dropped the ball and wasted your own time due to your lack to stipulate your trading terms. I'm pretty sure had you said that off top the trade talk would have ended there. No need for a thread calling out the trader when you didn't mention anything until after the fact. Don't see a rule that States n00b must send first, although i know it's best practice this site does not require it therefore he is not obligated to do so and not agreeing to it does not make him a bad trader.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

To an extent you're right that I assumed that a member with 0feedback would be sending first and that he would know that. I disagree with your overall logic but your opinion is exactly that and while I don't agree, I know everyone of us see the situation differently. IMO it's the principle and IMO from my experience, backing out is bad trading practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
OPs fault for not making the send first clear before trade talks started. You're the "experienced" one so you dropped the ball and wasted your own time due to your lack to stipulate your trading terms. I'm pretty sure had you said that off top the trade talk would have ended there. No need for a thread calling out the trader when you didn't mention anything until after the fact. Don't see a rule that States n00b must send first, although i know it's best practice this site does not require it therefore he is not obligated to do so and not agreeing to it does not make him a bad trader.

Last edited by ft28jags; 03-09-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
To an extent you're right that I assumed that a member with 0feedback would be sending first and that he would know that. I disagree with your overall logic but your opinion is exactly that and while I don't agree, I know everyone of us see the situation differently. IMO it's the principle and IMO from my experience, backing out is bad trading practice.
No problem boss just my two cents no bad blood here Him backing out to me would be if he agreed to send first and then changed his mind.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

No bad blood drawn bro. Like I said, we all have opinions on how we see the issue. It's hard to get anyone to agree on anything as it is these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
No problem boss just my two cents no bad blood here

Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I think this is exactly where this went wrong. You are the experienced one and you assumed that a noob would know the unwritten rules. A few of us have pointed out now that if you would have mentioned that at the beginning of the trade it probably would have gone differently. If he had then continued and backed out I would 100% support you calling him out. Maybe if the bridge hasn't been burned, the trade can be sent to a middleman first to protect you. Not sure if he would agree but it is a start to finish the trade that you both wanted at one point.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #21 (permalink)

Sometimes you will run across new members who don't quite understand proper trading etiquette and practices that are employed across many trading sites. Quite often having the right touch with new members will help them see why some of these policies are in place and an agreement can still be reached.

It sounds to me like you agreed to a card exchange but then could not agree on terms of the transaction. Thus no complete deal was ever agreed to by both parties. The transaction was never finalized and it's wrong to go to the extent of a bashing thread about. Frankly this thread makes the newer member seem just that and makes the OP seem difficult and overdramatic about a simple and meaningless issue.
lumm0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #22 (permalink)

Just out of curiosity, I assume this deal included the SPA AP card. What was the proposed trade? And yes, a middleman would be a good idea. I wouldn't feel comfortable sending first with my $350-500 card either.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #23 (permalink)

Don't need a middleman. Never have used one and never will. no need for me to revive the deal. I disagree with your logic as it pertains to this but it is what it is. Again, my post is simply to tell my experience and the community can decide. Nothing more nothing less
Quote:
I think this is exactly where this went wrong. You are the experienced one and you assumed that a noob would know the unwritten rules. A few of us have pointed out now that if you would have mentioned that at the beginning of the trade it probably would have gone differently. If he had then continued and backed out I would 100% support you calling him out. Maybe if the bridge hasn't been burned, the trade can be sent to a middleman first to protect you. Not sure if he would agree but it is a start to finish the trade that you both wanted at one point.

Last edited by ft28jags; 03-09-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #24 (permalink)

Sent you a pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
Just out of curiosity, I assume this deal included the SPA AP card. What was the proposed trade? And yes, a middleman would be a good idea. I wouldn't feel comfortable sending first with my $350-500 card either.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

I didn't bash. Stated my experience/frustration. Never said the member was rude. Never called him it out as such. Again each of us has our own opinions. We all will never agree on anything. I know I can be difficult. We all can be. Not over dramatic though IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
Sometimes you will run across new members who don't quite understand proper trading etiquette and practices that are employed across many trading sites. Quite often having the right touch with new members will help them see why some of these policies are in place and an agreement can still be reached.

It sounds to me like you agreed to a card exchange but then could not agree on terms of the transaction. Thus no complete deal was ever agreed to by both parties. The transaction was never finalized and it's wrong to go to the extent of a bashing thread about. Frankly this thread makes the newer member seem just that and makes the OP seem difficult and overdramatic about a simple and meaningless issue.

Last edited by ft28jags; 03-09-2013 at 12:40 AM.