Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   How can people like this get away with it? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/475105-how-can-people-like-get-away.html)

TNVols98 03-17-2013 08:33 AM

How can people like this get away with it?

Okay first to start out I have been selling on eBay for several years and have run across countless people that buy my items but do not end up buying them. WHY! This is the most annoying thing for a seller. I am out of the time it took to sell the item and I am stuck with a final value fee until I can atleast get the buyer to pay it or file an unpaid item dispute, which I usually like to avoid.

Well I bought a new cellphone and I decided to sell my old one on eBay and hope for the best. At the last few seconds a guy with +1 feedback decides he wants it and places a bid. I already knew this was going down hill. As soon as he won of course no payment. I waited 2 hours and then sent an invoice. Waited another 3 hours then sent another, still nothing. Then I send a message:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

please don't forget the payment is due within 24 hours of the auction ending. I will have it shipped out Monday when the payment is received. thank you for your purchase.

- vols8vegas6king5

Then I get a response from him saying this:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

can this phone work with any gsm network

- oozzoomodeste

Of course he could have asked this before the auction ended as I noticed he placed numerous bids on the item. Well low and behold I was right he is not going to pay for the item so this is what I said to him.

Here is my followup message:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

this phone is not gsm.. it was stated that it is virgin mobile which is cdma.. it will only work virgin mobile which is what I stated in the auction. it is not a gsm phone.

- vols8vegas6king5

And then he sends this one to me..:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

oh well sorry bout that. i am from the caribbean and i dont really the mobile service providers

- oozzoomodeste

Once again nothing about payment! Just casual that he won something but is not going to pay for it.

Then I get this one:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

i cant buy it, it would be useless

- oozzoomodeste

So I reply with this one:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

I'm not trying to be rude here. but you bought the cellphone and a bid is a binding contract. you have messaged me twice but nothing about payment. you have purchased this item. once again not trying to be rude but if I do not hear anything from you about payment of the item by 4 pm tomorrow. I will place the item back up for sale and report you. everything was stated in the auction 100 percent and you put a bid on it. Thank you again for your cooperation.

- vols8vegas6king5

And of course I receive a message back:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

i would have but u have been too rude. customer service was poor and go ahead report me, i have a wonderful case

- oozzoomodeste

And here is my response:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

I have not been rude to you. I simply stated that buying a phone is a binding contract. Your question should have been asked before you purchased the phone. I have been selling on here for years and I usually know when a buyer is not going to pay. You have to understand that as a seller we pay fees for everything we sell so if we do not get payment for the item we are stuck with the fees of selling the item. Plus the time wasted on placing the item for sale. I feel that it is only fair for both of us if you paid the final listing fee that it is going to cost me because you are not going to pay for the item you won. The listing fee comes to $6.87. This only seems fair to me. Once again I have never been rude to you. I was very timely with my communication and you did not respond with proper payment information. You have to understand that buying items on eBay and not paying for then is very frowned upon on here.. Thank you for your time.

- vols8vegas6king5

I just do not get how people can get away with this all the time on eBay.. I guess making sure a person is going to pay for the item is just plain rude now. He even sent me messages not one stating that he was going to pay for the item.. I just do not get it. I guess I am not going to send things to auction anymore. Well thanks for letting me vent lol..

jlzinck 03-17-2013 09:17 AM

It's Ebay so if it bothers you then sell your stuff elsewhere.

As for your 24 hour payment rule...Ebay gives them 8 days so it would tell me you are just a clueless as the buyers.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 09:20 AM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;4486707]It's Ebay so if it bothers you then sell your stuff elsewhere.

As for your 24 hour payment rule...Ebay gives them 8 days so it would tell me you are just a clueless as the buyers.[/QUOTE]

thanks for your opinion. I feel that stating things in your auction which is supposed to be a binding contract is fair enough to follow. I'm not clueless to eBays rules but thanks for the reply.

PDawson21 03-17-2013 09:28 AM

Yeah, I understand where your coming from. But they have 8 days like it or not. Also the bids can be placed by a snipe bid, which means the person isn't always next to the computer anyway. Sending a message after 3 hours is kind of extreme.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 09:31 AM

I usually would not have sent the message in that short of time but the member had 1 feedback to his name. I sent the message as a reminder in the first message which is what sparked the whole this phone isn't gsm I don't want it now. Which I stated it was CDMA in the auction..

jlzinck 03-17-2013 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=TNVols98;4486718]thanks for your opinion. I feel that stating things in your auction which is supposed to be a binding contract is fair enough to follow. I'm not clueless to eBays rules but thanks for the reply.[/QUOTE]

Then why require payment in 24 hours when you have to give them 4 days to bay before you can file a NPB and then Ebay gives them another 4 days?

DOes not compute.

You are a seller. Ebay puts you lower than a child molester in the hierarchy of life. Ebay only cares about buyers so this a$$hat will continue to do what he likes.

PDawson21 03-17-2013 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=TNVols98;4486750]I usually would not have sent the message in that short of time but the member had 1 feedback to his name. I sent the message as a reminder in the first message which is what sparked the whole this phone isn't gsm I don't want it now. Which I stated it was CDMA in the auction..[/QUOTE]

You had 1 feedback at some point as well. Funny how people forget that.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;4486755]Then why require payment in 24 hours when you have to give them 4 days to bay before you can file a NPB and then Ebay gives them another 4 days?

DOes not compute.

You are a seller. Ebay puts you lower than a child molester in the hierarchy of life. Ebay only cares about buyers so this a$$hat will continue to do what he likes.[/QUOTE]

I am aware of the eBay policies. I state that a 24 hour payment rule as part of my auctions. With that incentive there it most of the time drives away the people like this buyer. They pay promptly. I ship promptly. I guess sellers don't get any respect on there..

TNVols98 03-17-2013 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=PDawson21;4486769]You had 1 feedback at some point as well. Funny how people forget that.[/QUOTE]

I understand that.. I was simply saying that as I usually have new members being the ones that don't pay and I understand that puts the whole crowd of new buyers under the bus most of the time.

CardsCardsCards 03-17-2013 09:58 AM

If this is the phone:
[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-One-V-4GB-Black-Virgin-Mobile-Smartphone-Excellent-Condition-No-Contract-/251244587855?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3a7f582b4f&nma=true&si=AiEou3T62oWESlOodiEVYk0ZYj4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557]HTC One V 4GB Black Virgin Mobile Smartphone Excellent Condition No Contract 821793026172 | eBay[/url]

and I'm assuming it is, then how did someone think that the phone would work on another network. The first thing I notice when reading the title was "Black-Virgin Mobile Smartphone." Non payers are always going to be a big issue and eBay should be allow sellers to neg and neutral their buyers. Dropping out of a deal is a neg on this site so why can't it be on eBay?

TNVols98 03-17-2013 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=CardsCardsCards;4486828]If this is the phone:
[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-One-V-4GB-Black-Virgin-Mobile-Smartphone-Excellent-Condition-No-Contract-/251244587855?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3a7f582b4f&nma=true&si=AiEou3T62oWESlOodiEVYk0ZYj4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557]HTC One V 4GB Black Virgin Mobile Smartphone Excellent Condition No Contract 821793026172 | eBay[/url]

and I'm assuming it is, then how did someone think that the phone would work on another network. The first thing I notice when reading the title was "Black-Virgin Mobile Smartphone." Non payers are always going to be a big issue and eBay should be allow sellers to neg and neutral their buyers. Dropping out of a deal is a neg on this site so why can't it be on eBay?[/QUOTE]

You are correct that's it. I mean it plainly says virgin mobile and CDMA in the auction. Now I'm out 3 days time and stuck with this guy that might try to leave me a neg.

I fully agree sellers should be able to leave negative feedback. or be able to put something there for people to know. I mean he even messaged me saying he isn't going to pay because he changed his mind.

EST1987 03-17-2013 10:36 AM

Non paying bidders are definitely a pain. Sorry to hear your having troubles. Not sure what the big deal is about messaging him or requesting payment in 24 hours as ive had members contact me immediately after an auction stating thanks for the purchase payment is due in 3 days and I will ship as soon as payment clears. Everyone requests that a payment be made within a certain time frame from immediate payment to two weeks it's just a request though. But you are right asking for payment within 24 hrs does ward off some bidders, good and bad bidders though. It will work out for ya in the end. If it sold once it will most likely sell again.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=EST1987;4486960]Non paying bidders are definitely a pain. Sorry to hear your having troubles. Not sure what the big deal is about messaging him or requesting payment in 24 hours as ive had members contact me immediately after an auction stating thanks for the purchase payment is due in 3 days and I will ship as soon as payment clears. Everyone requests that a payment be made within a certain time frame from immediate payment to two weeks it's just a request though. But you are right asking for payment within 24 hrs does ward off some bidders, good and bad bidders though. It will work out for ya in the end. If it sold once it will most likely sell again.[/QUOTE]

I agree fully! And thanks bud. :)!

marino5084 03-17-2013 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=TNVols98;4486643]Okay first to start out I have been selling on eBay for several years and have run across countless people that buy my items but do not end up buying them. WHY! This is the most annoying thing for a seller. I am out of the time it took to sell the item and I am stuck with a final value fee until I can atleast get the buyer to pay it or file an unpaid item dispute, which I usually like to avoid.

Well I bought a new cellphone and I decided to sell my old one on eBay and hope for the best. At the last few seconds a guy with +1 feedback decides he wants it and places a bid. I already knew this was going down hill. As soon as he won of course no payment.[B] I waited 2 hours and then sent an invoice. Waited another 3 hours then sent another, still nothing. Then I send a message:[/B]

Dear oozzoomodeste,

please don't forget the payment is due within 24 hours of the auction ending. I will have it shipped out Monday when the payment is received. thank you for your purchase.

- vols8vegas6king5

Then I get a response from him saying this:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

can this phone work with any gsm network

- oozzoomodeste

Of course he could have asked this before the auction ended as I noticed he placed numerous bids on the item. Well low and behold I was right he is not going to pay for the item so this is what I said to him.

Here is my followup message:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

this phone is not gsm.. it was stated that it is virgin mobile which is cdma.. it will only work virgin mobile which is what I stated in the auction. it is not a gsm phone.

- vols8vegas6king5

And then he sends this one to me..:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

oh well sorry bout that. i am from the caribbean and i dont really the mobile service providers

- oozzoomodeste

Once again nothing about payment! Just casual that he won something but is not going to pay for it.

Then I get this one:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

i cant buy it, it would be useless

- oozzoomodeste

So I reply with this one:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

I'm not trying to be rude here. but you bought the cellphone and a bid is a binding contract. you have messaged me twice but nothing about payment. you have purchased this item. once again not trying to be rude but if I do not hear anything from you about payment of the item by 4 pm tomorrow. I will place the item back up for sale and report you. everything was stated in the auction 100 percent and you put a bid on it. Thank you again for your cooperation.

- vols8vegas6king5

And of course I receive a message back:

Dear vols8vegas6king5,

i would have but u have been too rude. customer service was poor and go ahead report me, i have a wonderful case

- oozzoomodeste

And here is my response:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

I have not been rude to you. I simply stated that buying a phone is a binding contract. Your question should have been asked before you purchased the phone. I have been selling on here for years and I usually know when a buyer is not going to pay. You have to understand that as a seller we pay fees for everything we sell so if we do not get payment for the item we are stuck with the fees of selling the item. Plus the time wasted on placing the item for sale. I feel that it is only fair for both of us if you paid the final listing fee that it is going to cost me because you are not going to pay for the item you won. The listing fee comes to $6.87. This only seems fair to me. Once again I have never been rude to you. I was very timely with my communication and you did not respond with proper payment information. You have to understand that buying items on eBay and not paying for then is very frowned upon on here.. Thank you for your time.

- vols8vegas6king5

I just do not get how people can get away with this all the time on eBay.. I guess making sure a person is going to pay for the item is just plain rude now. He even sent me messages not one stating that he was going to pay for the item.. I just do not get it. I guess I am not going to send things to auction anymore. Well thanks for letting me vent lol..[/QUOTE]

If you state payment is due in 24 hours then you should have waited the 24 hours to start harassing the bidder. Yes, what you did is considered harassment.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=marino5084;4487008]If you state payment is due in 24 hours then you should have waited the 24 hours to start harassing the bidder. Yes, what you did is considered harassment.[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your own opinion. I sent him a message detailing payment info and shipping info. How is that harassment? And he said he wasnt going to pay. So there for I had every right to message him on that.

marino5084 03-17-2013 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=TNVols98;4487037]You are entitled to your own opinion. I sent him a message detailing payment info and shipping info. How is that harassment? And he said he wasnt going to pay. So there for I had every right to message him on that.[/QUOTE]

I highlighted the harassment in your original post. To email the guy 2 hours after the auction ends, then again 3 hours later, then message him after that would be considered harassment. Maybe you should find another avenue to sell your items if you do not have the patients to at least wait out your sated payment terms.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=marino5084;4487058]I highlighted the harassment in your original post. To email the guy 2 hours after the auction ends, then again 3 hours later, then message him after that would be considered harassment. Maybe you should find another avenue to sell your items if you do not have the patients to at least wait out your sated payment terms.[/QUOTE]

I sent an invoice after 2 hours. AN INVOICE. Which is not any form of communication but simply relaying him info on how to pay. Then I sent him a followup message giving him info on the payment and shipping. I guess good communication about that is considered harassment. I did not start to message him on the nonpayment issue until he started to seem flaky and ask about the phone being GSM model which I put was not. I do have the patients waiting out my payment terms and I did. Read the messages I relayed payment info to the guy via Invoice then did a followup email which I thought was good customer service. People on there complain all the time about no communication and I was dropping a message basically saying hey if you pay promptly then I will ship accordingly. I did not start to message him about the item not being paid until he asks about the phone being GSM and saying he doesn't know about phone carriers.

marino5084 03-17-2013 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=TNVols98;4487082]I sent an invoice after 2 hours. AN INVOICE. Which is not any form of communication but simply relaying him info on how to pay. Then I sent him a followup message giving him info on the payment and shipping. I guess good communication about that is considered harassment. I did not start to message him on the nonpayment issue until he started to seem flaky and ask about the phone being GSM model which I put was not. I do have the patients waiting out my payment terms and I did. Read the messages I relayed payment info to the guy via Invoice then did a followup email which I thought was good customer service. People on there complain all the time about no communication and I was dropping a message basically saying hey if you pay promptly then I will ship accordingly. I did not start to message him about the item not being paid until he asks about the phone being GSM and saying he doesn't know about phone carriers.[/QUOTE]

You may want to read what you wrote ten. It seems as though you sent him 2 invoices in a 5 hour period followed up by a message. All tis was prior to receiving any communication from the buyer. I am just responding to what you stated in your original post. If that is the case then I stand behind what I said. You said I have a right to my opinion. That's all it is.

Here is what you stated.

[B] I waited 2 hours and then sent an invoice. Waited another 3 hours then sent another, still nothing. Then I send a message:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

- vols8vegas6king5[/B]

By the way, I agree that buyers like this suck and that most do not bother reading a description, I too wish that sellers could leave negative feedback.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=marino5084;4487090]You may want to read what you wrote ten. It seems as though you sent him 2 invoices in a 5 hour period followed up by a message. All tis was prior to receiving any communication from the buyer. I am just responding to what you stated in your original post. If that is the case then I stand behind what I said.

Here is what you stated.

[B] I waited 2 hours and then sent an invoice. Waited another 3 hours then sent another, still nothing. Then I send a message:

Dear oozzoomodeste,

- vols8vegas6king5[/B][/QUOTE]

No offense but how is communication harassment in this regard? I sent 2 invoices to the guy. Just in case he might not have gotten the other. Then I do a followup message to the guy just giving him a heads up on when the item will be shipped out if the payment is sent in a timely manner. Im sorry but you dont have much logic here on accusing me of harassment.

marino5084 03-17-2013 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=TNVols98;4487100]No offense but how is communication harassment in this regard? I sent 2 invoices to the guy. Just in case he might not have gotten the other. Then I do a followup message to the guy just giving him a heads up on when the item will be shipped out if the payment is sent in a timely manner. Im sorry but you dont have much logic here on accusing me of harassment.[/QUOTE]

OK, it's not harassment, you are just impatient and should not sell on eBay if you can't wait longer than 5 hours to send a second invoice and message.

I'm done now. Have a great day.

TNVols98 03-17-2013 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=marino5084;4487112]OK, it's not harassment, you are just impatient and should not sell on eBay if you can't wait longer than 5 hours to send a second invoice and message.

I'm done now. Have a great day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input!

smackvay 03-17-2013 12:47 PM

Get used to it as its the EBAY way!!!! Only reason i have listings right now is because they are free and half off of my final fees(that is the ONLY reason i have a couple things on their right now)

PlatinumPlus502 03-17-2013 01:30 PM

thanks for giving me your name to add to my block and ignore lists both here and on ebay :)

wheeler281 03-17-2013 02:00 PM

24hr payment requirement is not allowed regardless and of course unenforceable unless you want negatives

gingerscards 03-17-2013 02:06 PM

what I like about this story is it makes these sites more valuable in our Card world ,
it will also slow down and hopefully stop the lowballing and I want beiow ebay crap lol back to your issue , what can you say or do about Ebay lol , you even said ti yourself you knew it wouldn't go well even before you put the phone up on Ebay , then you message your lone bidder 3 hours after the auction ends ??? little pushy dont you think ,
when I get those reminder messages to soon from auctions I have won and I bid sometimes when the item is newly listed with my max bid so sometimes I forget I won something , but when I do get the immediate message , I purposely make the seller wait for being impatient , give it 24 hours until you send the first message ,you might get better response than make buyers feel like they are being harassed right away , pay pay pay I need the payment now lol
but yeah one message 3 hours after auction end and then another 5 hours later , are you OK lol
Give people a chance first before you jump on them and even if he did make a mistake , how come not once did you offer a choice of paying the fees to cancel the winning bid
you might of been able to avoid all of it and get you fees paid and relist the phone no problem , think about that