Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
useless response. i now realize that this is a poorly constructed attempt at trolling and am putting branesergen on ignore.

good day
The guy is trying pretty hard to back peddle his comments on supporting the idea of using common sense to make a decision in the BST.

Ill follow suit and ignore this guy as well. Its pretty clear that his thought process is a bit slow and considers awareness and being vigilant as a negative thing.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The guy is trying pretty hard to back peddle his comments on supporting the idea of using common sense to make a decision in the BST.

Ill follow suit and ignore this guy as well. Its pretty clear that his thought process is a bit slow and considers awareness and being vigilant as a negative thing.
Thank you I can now leave this thread as I have done what I set out to do.

Sizzler - The seller is a scammer and I am sorry you didnt get the card you wanted. I wanted that card myself but didnt want to pay the asking price for it.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #128 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

3) OP asks for a pic of the shattered case to prove that seller didn't just have seller's remorse. Why does buyer care? If sellers remorse is his actual belief why not let seller hang himself when he offers the card up again?

The buyer cares because A) he still wants the card, which is technically his property now since the payment was made, and B) to warn the community about a possibly shady seller who will renege on a deal if he thinks he could get more money.

4) Instead of providing a picture, seller gets defensive and eventually asks for a negative to be given rather than simply take a pic. If I continuously call you a liar are you not going to get defensive?

Sure I'd get defensive. I'd be so ready to prove what a fool the buyer was that I couldn't post a pic of the shattered case fast enough.

Now, based on those facts, can you honestly tell me that you think the seller was on the up and up? This isn't a court of law, this is the court of public opinion, and anyone that isn't simply trying to be contrary can see that the seller had something to hide. Never said whether or not the seller is on the up and up - Could care less. I've had my dealings with him and everything went smoothly. Not saying it cant happen but I have no reason to believe one way or the other.

So basically you are arguing to be arguing then? What does common sense tell you happened here?
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #129 (permalink)

I could care less whether you believed me or not and I'm not the type of person to give you the satisfaction of knowing. Chage your tone and I would be more than happy to, infact I would have sent it with my message if it actually happened but if I couldnt and was called a liar repeatedly well then. Common sense tells me if it happens to me I file a claim and move on. I dont always get what I want in life and when I dont I dont let it dictate my dealings.

But alas all for naught as Sizzler was right and seller is a scammer and liar. Oh OJ was right too.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I could care less whether you believed me or not and I'm not the type of person to give you the satisfaction of knowing. Chage your tone and I would be more than happy to, infact I would have sent it with my message if it actually happened but if I couldnt and was called a liar repeatedly well then. Common sense tells me if it happens to me I file a claim and move on. I dont always get what I want in life and when I dont I dont let it dictate my dealings.

But alas all for naught as Sizzler was right and seller is a scammer and liar. Oh OJ was right too.
I never called you a liar or anything to the sort and never said I believed or didn't believe you. I assumed we were having some good natured discourse.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:

Can you squeeze in a "god bless" to keep the integrity of this thread intact?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
I never called you a liar or anything to the sort and never said I believed or didn't believe you. I assumed we were having some good natured discourse.
If I was the seller in this case. Not actually how you feel towards me.

If I was the seller and in my fit of rage for ruining a $1000 card I tried to explain to the buyer and I get called a liar I would tell him to F off. You could post I'm a scammer in every single thread I post and I would never give you the satisifation of knowing whether I was telling the truth or not. I take great offense when someone doesnt trust my word when everything you see about me is trustworthy. I take pride in conducting myself properly in business (in business not in threads lol) and take great offense when someone says I dont when they have absolutely nothing to base that on. If you are so afraid getting scammed and so upset you didnt get what you want that you cant let it go then that stress is on you. I told you what happened, you can either choose to believe or not believe but dont post a thread throwing a temper tantrum because of what you believe when you have no proof other than how I reacted to being called a liar when I just ruined a $1000 card.

But again none of this means anything as Sizzler is right and the seller is a scammer and a liar and OJ is right too.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Can you squeeze in a "god bless" to keep the integrity of this thread intact?
I dont believe in god. I believe what is placed in front of me not what others tell me is fact.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
If I was the seller and in my fit of rage for ruining a $1000 card I tried to explain to the buyer and I get called a liar I would tell him to F off.
If he directly called you a liar, then yes I could see getting angry. The way I understand it, though, was that the OP still wanted the card and asked to see a scan of the damage. That isn't an unreasonable request.

The only other comment I have about the rest of your post is that pride is a very dangerous emotion. Ruining your rep to get back at the OP for calling you a liar seems to be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If he directly called you a liar, then yes I could see getting angry. The way I understand it, though, was that the OP still wanted the card and asked to see a scan of the damage. That isn't an unreasonable request.

The only other comment I have about the rest of your post is that pride is a very dangerous emotion. Ruining your rep to get back at the OP for calling you a liar seems to be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I like you. Your points are well formed and expressed clearly and without insult. Kudos to you my friend
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:

He was told he couldnt provide it (no scanner I believe) and then was asked again with a phone and was told again he couldnt provide it. Again if I tell you something it is what it is. Believe what you want but dont keep questioning me. In essense calling me a liar. You dont believe I dropped it and shattered the case damaging the card, why because its never happened to you when it has in fact happened to me but no one wants to acknowledge that it happens. Just like some people believe the PO never makes mistakes. Buyer acted on emotion just like the seller did but the seller is the bad guy.

Just like Jamis situation there will be people jumping on his side and people jumping on the buyers side with no proof of what happened. Both members will lose credibility because of something that happened. Regardless of who did it, it cant be proved either way, yet both are going to lose.

Last edited by Branesergen; 04-23-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #137 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
So it has been confirmed.... Broskie tried selling the card graded to another member for the same amount of $$ as I paid for....

What a scumbag... I am glad I didn't falsely accused someone.....

shocking...
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
He was told he couldnt provide it (no scanner I believe) and then was asked again with a phone and was told again he couldnt provide it. Again if I tell you something it is what it is. Believe what you want but dont keep questioning me.
Okay. Now put yourself in the position of the buyer in this instance. Someone who obviously had access to some kind of device to allow him to post pics in a photobucket to sell suddenly has no way of providing any kind of pic showing the damage.

You wouldn't be suspicious of this at all? You wouldn't want to post this activity to the people belonging to the site he sells on?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay. Now put yourself in the position of the buyer in this instance. Someone who obviously had access to some kind of device to allow him to post pics in a photobucket to sell suddenly has no way of providing any kind of pic showing the damage.

You wouldn't be suspicious of this at all? You wouldn't want to post this activity to the people belonging to the site he sells on?
I appreciate your comments...but it is very apparent that he just wants to argue...

He fails to realize that my point was not about me not getting the card..and no, I was not "emotional" about getting the card... The whole post was to first seek opinion from others on what to do. Second, once concluded by the circumstantial evidences, to let other members knows that the seller is capable of shaddy dealing practice...

He keeps saying I need proof... the burden of proof is on me... that is silly, this isn't a murder trial... and that is why oj "didn't do it", but still have to pay up for the civil damages....
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:

I have been the buyer before. I buy 10 times more than I sell across 4 different sites for the last 18 years and if a seller tells me something happened I take it for what it is. I dont "protect" members here unless something is proven. If I was the buyer I would have accepted my refund, made my own decision on whether to deal with the seller again or not and went on about my life. There is no reason to drag someones name thru the mud based on what I *think* really happened. If in the future it shows up again for sale I would then go from there.

All signs point against the seller - I get that. He didnt show pics when it would be so easy to do so. But none of us was there and none of us are part of the situation except the buyer and the seller yet everyone is so willing to jump on the seller with no facts placed in front of them, only speculations and beliefs.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #141 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Fine $35 paypal for a pic of the card on a top loader in a table. Take it broski. I will also create a thread professing my love for you in taking my dollars and proving me wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic23 View Post
I'll add $25 to this as well. $60 free money for you, broski.

I'll also buy you two Heinekens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
So it has been confirmed.... Broskie tried selling the card graded to another member for the same amount of $$ as I paid for...

Damn no wonder he did not take the easy money.

However

Quote:
But none of us was there and none of us are part of the situation except the buyer and the seller .

Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
All signs point against the seller - I get that. He didnt show pics when it would be so easy to do so. But none of us was there and none of us are part of the situation except the buyer and the seller yet everyone is so willing to jump on the seller with no facts placed in front of them, only speculations and beliefs.
There were plenty of facts from which to base an opinion on what happened. All of them are completely circumstantial, but the burden of proof you require for an act to be labeled as shady would make it virtually impossible to ever accuse anyone of doing anything.

There is a reason that it is far more easy to convict a person in a civil trial versus in a criminal trial. There would absolutely not be enough evidence here (before the most recent events) to convict him using the standards of a criminal proceeding, but there is no doubt in my mind there is plenty to convict him in a civil proceeding.