Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Opinion is needed

First time on this board where a transaction did not go through, so I would like to know what type of feedback I should leave. The seller already left me a positive feedback.

Bought a high value bgs graded card yesterday, and send the payment immediately after the deal was completed. Seller acknowledge the payment and said the item will be send today.

Got a PM from the seller this morning said that he dropped the card by accident and the case is now "shattered" and the card is damaged. Exact quote "When I was going to go mail the card it slipped out of my hand and the case shattered. The card took a little damage as well." I asked for scan of the case and the card as I can get it re-slabbed. Seller said that he threw the case away, and have no scanner.

I then said take a picture, and the seller said he will try. Little bit later, seller refunds my payment and PM me saying the picture was blurry and he will not be sending the picture.

The seller has 100% feedback here so I don't know what I should do at this point. I want to trust him, but few things concerned me.

-can a bgs case "shatter" if it is dropped?
-why would the case been thrown out, don't you want to keep it as proof?
-why can I get a picture of the raw card?
-The card was listed on ebay and the listing ended this morning not last night when I paid him. He had an offer made to him 30 minutes after I paid him, and declined it, but not end the listing at that time...why?

I am definitely not leaving a neg unless you guys feel different. I just want to know if it is appropriate to leave a neutral.

Thanks in advance....
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like he sold it for more then you paid... the cases crack but Ive never shattered one by dropping it.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

my spidey sense is tingling.

did you get a nasty deal on this? Seller probably got a higher offer. there's absolutely no way in hell a legit seller would NOT send proof in the form of images in a situation like this.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

yeah i agree with te other guys and LOVE that srt said his spidey sense is tingling lol (U read comics srt??). but it also depends on the seller on if i believed or not. I broke 2 printing plates out of BGS slabs recently and they were NOT wasy to get into. I find it hard to believe a case shatteed from dropping it a few feet.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Please post this guy's ID as he will be blocked. His story is not only full of holes, but its full of weaksauce as well.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Something smells rotten here but I would, as always, love to hear the other members side of the story. We have seen far too many folks jump the gun and grab the pitchforks around here.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
my spidey sense is tingling.

did you get a nasty deal on this? Seller probably got a higher offer. there's absolutely no way in hell a legit seller would NOT send proof in the form of images in a situation like this.
It is a 1/1 so it is hard to put a value on it... Not sure if I got a "nasty" deal, but probably a deal where I can flip the card at anytime and make some profit...

So you guys think neutral feedback is fair??
Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
It is a 1/1 so it is hard to put a value on it... Not sure if I got a "nasty" deal, but probably a deal where I can flip the card at anytime and make some profit...

So you guys think neutral feedback is fair??
Neutral, no. Neg, yes unless we hear the other side of the story.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

When there are so many ways to take a picture these days, story sounds strange. I agree with some of the others, he may have been offered more for the card. I too have dropped some cards that were graded and the worse that has happened is a crack on the front, but never shattered. Those cases are put together strong enough that dropping them won't do much.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Negative if he wont send the pic.
You did everything you needed to.
And yes accidents happen.
But his refusal to show proof that it was indeed an accident tells the real story!

It doesnt sound believable that someone dealing in high end graded cards cant get access to a scanner nor take a somehwhat decent pic with their phone.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritt81 View Post
Neutral, no. Neg, yes unless we hear the other side of the story.
Can't really make him come to this post and have him explain himself right??

Here is the communication from this morning...

Seller
Hey got some bad news. When I was going to go mail the card it slipped out of my hand and the case shattered. The card took a little damage as well. I think it would be best if I just gave you a refund and we moved on. I don't want anything between us so I feel this would be best. It's just a freak thing that happend. Sorry about this. I will give you a positive rating on your iTrader. Hopefully you don't neg me but would be understandable. Sorry again.

Me
Can you please send me some scans of where the case shattered and where you believe the card is damaged to xxxxxxx

I would like to see it and see if it is really damaged and I can not get it re-slabbed. There is a big show coming up near me and BGS will be there, so it will not be a problem.

Seller
I honestly just threw the case away. I was mad at the time. I also dont have a scanner anymore. If there is any cards in my bucket the interest you let me know. I can make good deals. If not a refund in full will be given.

Me
How about a picture of the card?? Again, if I can get it regraded as 9.5 it will not be an issue...

Seller
i just gave you a refund. Every picture was blurry and bad. I felt just giving you a refund would be the way to go. Sorry.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Can't really make him come to this post and have him explain himself right??

Here is the communication from this morning...

Seller
Hey got some bad news. When I was going to go mail the card it slipped out of my hand and the case shattered. The card took a little damage as well. I think it would be best if I just gave you a refund and we moved on. I don't want anything between us so I feel this would be best. It's just a freak thing that happend. Sorry about this. I will give you a positive rating on your iTrader. Hopefully you don't neg me but would be understandable. Sorry again.

Me
Can you please send me some scans of where the case shattered and where you believe the card is damaged to xxxxxxx

I would like to see it and see if it is really damaged and I can not get it re-slabbed. There is a big show coming up near me and BGS will be there, so it will not be a problem.

Seller
I honestly just threw the case away. I was mad at the time. I also dont have a scanner anymore. If there is any cards in my bucket the interest you let me know. I can make good deals. If not a refund in full will be given.

Me
How about a picture of the card?? Again, if I can get it regraded as 9.5 it will not be an issue...

Seller
i just gave you a refund. Every picture was blurry and bad. I felt just giving you a refund would be the way to go. Sorry.
If he would have just manned up and siad, "got a better deal, going to sell to someone else, sorry for the bad trade," then ok thats a Neut. But I'm pretty sure he is lying about this and the whole picture thing, come on man. Thats why I would drop a neg.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

It was XXXXXXXXXX? Adding to blocked list, please op just confirm. Only Itrader you received in the last 10 days

Last edited by gritt81; 03-22-2013 at 02:08 PM.
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritt81 View Post
It was xxxxxx? Adding to blocked list, please op just confirm. Only Itrader you received in the last 10 days
Can you remove the name for now... not saying he should be protected, maybe he is telling the truth.... I will leave the appropriate feedback when the time comes, so other members will know by checking his iTrader....
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Can you remove the name for now... not saying he should be protected, maybe he is telling the truth.... I will leave the appropriate feedback when the time comes, so other members will know by checking his iTrader....
Done........
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

It is me who has the card. I am being 100 percent honest in the discussion I had with the buyer. People are so quick to judge. I did NOT recieve a higher offer and I still do have the card. I gave the buyer a full refund and an apology. I wouldn't agree to sell the card then give a sorry excuse on why I couldnt ship it to him.. I like this forum and this hobby. I have been nothing but honest in my time here on this forum and I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt the hobby or the forum. Lets just move on.
Broski044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broski044 View Post
It is me who has the card. I am being 100 percent honest in the discussion I had with the buyer. People are so quick to judge. I did NOT recieve a higher offer and I still do have the card. I gave the buyer a full refund and an apology. I wouldn't agree to sell the card then give a sorry excuse on why I couldnt ship it to him.. I like this forum and this hobby. I have been nothing but honest in my time here on this forum and I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt the hobby or the forum. Lets just move on.

then take a picture with your picture phone. everybody has one. go dig up the shards from the garbage can from the case, take a picture, and send it. shouldn't be this hard.

edit to add-
i don't know how people that sell cards don't have a scanner or a picture phone to send pictures to the buyers or put in their ebay listings...

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Getting a neutral rating. Which is fine. Moving on.
Broski044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

you certainly have a good enough scanner to take pictures of your clay matthews cards in your photobucket...

Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I said I am leaning toward a neutral...but have not decided...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #21 (permalink)

My $0.02 - pic of both the damaged card & slab = neutral. Otherwise, Neg.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Why is it then that you have some nice scans in your bucket?
I choose who I like and don't like.
CardsCardsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Seller
Hey got some bad news. When I was going to go mail the card it slipped out of my hand and the case shattered. The card took a little damage as well.
That's some pretty bad packaging there.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer65 View Post
This will solve everything at this point for me. If you provide a pic then I can accept that, until then, I would Neg you.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer65 View Post
If the pics were provided and the card really was accidentally damaged, I wouldn't even say neutral - just no feedback at all. Neg or nothing IMO, depending on the truthfulness of the seller (which can really only be determined by getting a pic of the damaged card)
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote