Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gotta Love It LOL Opinion Needed

So I just received a return request from a lovely ebay member who purchased a card via bin obo and took up until the final day of a npb claim to pay, gotta love those and I should've known that wasn't the end of this buyer. Today I receive the following message from the buyer...

"I want to return this item. It is a lot dirtier than the picture portrays, and will not work in my display. The picture is misleading."

This is the auction in question....

2012 Panini National Treasures Curtis Granderson Nameplate Patch Book 25 Yankees | eBay

Would you guys honestly say that this is anyway misleading at all? I mean the main picture that I used for the auction is a close up of the dirty patch!!!! Obviously this card sells for significantly less which is why the guy is trying to return it but I am going to try and fight this one. I am sure I will lose but let's see what happens. Oh yea the buyer already left positive feedback as well and has been bidding around $20 for other copies of this card so he certainly knows what they are selling for currently.

If anyone else can help me understand how the picture is misleading it will be greatly appreciated because maybe then I can regain my sanity. I am also 99% sure that the buyer is a member here as well.....
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Buyer's remorse all the way.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like someone was just saying what needed to be said for a INAD claim.

Too bad people can't honor the commitments they make.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Granderson is not a superstar....maybe that is it....but that is not described in the picture... the picture shows a dirty patch which I thought it would be worth more not less....
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's a lot dirtier than the picture portrays? That thing looks filthy. What is that buyer smoking?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Definitely fight it, let him open a case on you and let ebay sort it out. And who would bid on a dirty game used jersey card then try to claim it's too dirty? Make sure you let ebay know about the message he sent you that is clearly buyer's remorse. I've read on here a time or two that people have won cases like this, not sure how true it is though.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sounds like he only paid to avoid a strike on his account. It's clearly dirty in the picture, not misleading at all.
janiecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

I prefer it when it's dirty. Game used stuff I mean
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hell, with it being that dirty there's a good chance it was actually used in a game. Considering we're always questioning whether or not game used swatches are real, wouldn't that be better than getting a sparkling, brand-new nameplate?

Clearly buyer's remorse. He probably thought he could flip it and when he found out he wasn't getting more than he paid he started sweating.

I'll always respond, whether it's good news or bad news.
TheLastDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDude View Post
Hell, with it being that dirty there's a good chance it was actually used in a game. Considering we're always questioning whether or not game used swatches are real, wouldn't that be better than getting a sparkling, brand-new nameplate?

Clearly buyer's remorse. He probably thought he could flip it and when he found out he wasn't getting more than he paid he started sweating.
I agree with this. And I'd rather have a dirty game used pieced then a clean, new looking one. The dirty ones look more "realistic" to me.
janiecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDude View Post

Thats allowed to be done here on blowout However only if he tried flipping it on blowout first. If that fails he can just find a flaw and return. Widely accepted here
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

He left you positive feedback so in theory ebay should tell him to eff off.
In reality they will probably force you to take it back even with the feedback!

eBay My World - whitesoxcollection

Added to the blocked list!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well as we all anticipated, a case has been opened by this LOSER! As mentioned above his ebay name is whitesoxcollection. Prior to this fiasco occurring him and I were going back and forth in regards to the hobby and he mentioned he was also a member of this site although I don't know his user ID.

If you end up working a deal with Mark Pierce from Chicago Illinois, I highly suggest you don't waste your time!!!!!

Also if anyone knows this clowns user ID on here, I would love to know it.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post
He left you positive feedback so in theory ebay should tell him to eff off.
In reality they will probably force you to take it back even with the feedback!

eBay My World - whitesoxcollection

Added to the blocked list!!!!
Let me poke a hole in your "theory"

You buy a car, the engine blows 3 weeks later because the sawdust finally broke free.

You buy a patch card, in your limited knowledge, it looks INCREDIBLE...3 weeks later you notice the same serial number existed on a bland piece of fabric and was purchased by the person you won it from....

Ebay does not consider feedback the "end-all" for a deal, nor do I.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

He's possibly mentioned in this thread:
NPBing EBAYER to BLOCK!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hey guys so let's chalk this one up as a very, very rare win for the good guys

When the buyer opened the item not as described case of course my funds were frozen and I figured that I was unfortunately SOL. I went against what I had read on just about every forum and instead of issuing the refund to avoid the strike on my account, I refused the refund again and escalated the case as the seller on 3/29.

I include a very lengthy email to ebay about how this guy is taking advantage of a loophole in the system and how it is very unfair to sellers. I add that had this card risen in value then there was no way that the buyer would want to return the piece and also that based upon his feedback #, he appeared to be bidding on numerous other copies of the card so he was very aware of the current price and was feeling buyers remorse. I also said that if I sell a piece and the value has a drastic increase in value, I can't request that the buyer send it back to me so why is the buyer allowed to use this loophole to essentially screw me over.

I was advised that ebay would have an answer to this case within 72 hours. I checked case status a few times and it kept saying that additional time was needed to review the case. Fast forward to today and I get the message saying ebay had come to a conclusion and to my surprise they actually sided with the seller for once and the funds were returned to me

I guess miracles do happen!!!!

Hey Mark, I hope you are reading this you clown!!!! Next time man up, honor your purchase and get some integrity!!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

sweet! congrats!

hopefully paypal didnt refund him out of their own pocket AND let him keep the card.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
sweet! congrats!

hopefully paypal didnt refund him out of their own pocket AND let him keep the card.
Unfortunately that might have been exactly what happened. I have a feeling this happens quite a bit when Ebay wants to make minor problems go away. OP sends a long e-mail and is clearly ready to stand his ground, Ebay eats the cost of making both parties happy to move on to bigger issues. But hey you won and as a seller that can be tough, it's a victory in my book.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Congrats! Nice to see the good guys win.