Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What To Do? Switched Up Packages?

Hey all!

Recently, I sold two lots to two members on here. (I'll hide their usernames to prevent craziness).

A few days ago, I shipped out both of their packages simultaneously. Today, I received a PM from Member A saying that he received the wrong cards. The contents of the package he described were identical to the contents of the package that was supposed to be sent to Member B.

That being said, I now assumed that I accidentally switched the shipping labels and sent both members the wrong package (so now they have each others).

After speaking with Member A, here are the things he wanted from me:
  • Instant refund (today)
  • To cancel the deal because his cards will not arrive by Saturday's card show
  • He wanted me to refund him, then he will ship my cards back

I told him that just to cover myself, I'd be more than willing to issue him a refund once I received the cards back in my possession. I figured that if I gave him a refund right now, he could go and sell/trade those cards at his will freely.

Member B has not gotten his package in, but he will probably tomorrow. He will receive Member A's cards.

I offered to both of them the opportunity to ship the packages to each other, and I will cover shipping and fees associated with such. So, in the end, both parties receive their rightful end of the deal.

Member A declined the offer and opened a PayPal case today, claiming that he will send me back the cards once he receives a refund.

Meanwhile, I just noticed that Member B posted a thread selling a card that was in Member A's package.

Given that I haven't heard back from Member B, I'm very confused as to how to proceed with this situation.

Any help? Thanks!
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I know exactly who you are talking about. That sucks! Hope everything turns out well in the end!
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Holy cow you got yourself in a poop storm. You are doing everything right IMO. You made a mistake and are trying to correct it. Did member A tell you before hand he needed these by Saturday?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Honest mistake on your part it sounds like, sucks but it happens. You need to name them both as one is holding your cards/paypal hostage and the other is dishonest.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Buyer A needs to get it through his head thats not how it works but it sucks for him if theyre out the cards they needed for a show and the money they spent on them that they could use there buying other stuff as well.

Buyer B pimping out the cards he was sent that were wrong and not bringing it up to you says alot about their character IMO.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcdavidjones View Post
I know exactly who you are talking about. That sucks! Hope everything turns out well in the end!
Thanks man! Don't want to reveal their usernames unless they volunteer to do so. Want this thread to stay on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Holy cow you got yourself in a poop storm. You are doing everything right IMO. You made a mistake and are trying to correct it. Did member A tell you before hand he needed these by Saturday?
Thanks man! Member A did not tell me that he needed the cards by Saturday. However, I did say that I would ship that day...which I did. Unfortunately, I shipped the wrong thing!

I told him that there have been times when a seller has done everything right, but USPS is odd and it arrives at my door a week later. From my point of view, I feel like as long as the cards get to you in a timely manor, it's fair game.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sounds perfectly fine with me to have them ship to each other and refund them for the shipping, honest mistake on your part and your doing everything you can to make it right (unlike some)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Thanks man! Don't want to reveal their usernames unless they volunteer to do so. Want this thread to stay on topic

Thanks man! Member A did not tell me that he needed the cards by Saturday. However, I did say that I would ship that day...which I did. Unfortunately, I shipped the wrong thing!

I told him that there have been times when a seller has done everything right, but USPS is odd and it arrives at my door a week later. From my point of view, I feel like as long as the cards get to you in a timely manor, it's fair game.
Then he has no right to do what he is doing IMO. He needs to disclose that before hand. Because you shipped same day, just made a simple error. Now he wants a refund now, instead of going through the process. Member B... what is he doing selling member's A cards haha?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Is one of the members peekaboo??

On a serious note. Everyone should be okay with mailing the package to the rightful owners and you pay shipping. This would be the mature thing to do.

The guy who is trying to get his money back then sending wont win his claim because he has to provide a DC number to Paypal showing he sent the package back before he can receive his money.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

sounds like a real hard a$$. I would take that offer all day long if it meant getting the shipping refunded (which you would refund both you stated) and that I would get the right cards (which is what I would be getting). sounds like he needs to get over himself...my gawsh
Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post

On a serious note. Everyone should be okay with mailing the package to the rightful owners and you pay shipping. This would be the mature thing to do.

The guy who is trying to get his money back then sending wont win his claim because he has to provide a DC number to Paypal showing he sent the package back before he can receive his money.
He can ship back two toe-nails and win the case. That's why sellers ask for the item back and then issue the refund.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Would never call anyone out like that .
I just can't believe people can be so dishonest even if I do read my signature everyday. I do not see why people can't help correct a simple mistake. It's ridiculous.
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just reveal the names.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Just reveal the names.
Please just do this
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
XL5

Sucks, but refund A. If he wants to screw you, he can regardless so just refund the money, have him ship back, and be done with it.

Meanwhile, nail member B to the wall if he really is selling cards sent to him in error. I'm assuming the lot he got was worth more than the one he paid for.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

But ... To member A's stand .. There is no buyer protection , if he sends those cards to member B but never gets his cards ~ Then what ?

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-28-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: thread big dabockle - thread in mod area
toomanycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

LOL no

I guess my question is:

If I were to refund him right this instant, couldn't he just go ahead and trade/sell the cards at will? So, if I refund him right now, I suppose I'd only be counting on his word that he will send the cards back?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
LOL no

I guess my question is:

If I were to refund him right this instant, couldn't he just go ahead and trade/sell the cards at will? So, if I refund him right now, I suppose I'd only be counting on his word that he will send the cards back?
Yes... let it go through the process meaning he needs to send it back. PayPal will side with you if you let it go through the process and he doesn't have a DC coming back.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Sucks, but refund A. If he wants to screw you, he can regardless so just refund the money, have him ship back, and be done with it.

Meanwhile, nail member B to the wall if he really is selling cards sent to him in error. I'm assuming the lot he got was worth more than the one he paid for.
Sorry if it sounded confusing, but here's what I meant:

Member B is SELLING a card RIGHT NOW that he was supposed to receive. However, the cards he was supposed to receive is currently in Member A's possession!

In lamen's terms, he's selling "his" card but doesn't really have it yet because of this conflict.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Member B is SELLING a card RIGHT NOW that he was supposed to receive. However, the cards he was supposed to receive is currently in Member A's possession!

In lamen's terms, he's selling "his" card but doesn't really have it yet because of this conflict.
Did he at least say it is incoming? You can't sell a card you don't have in hand. Gotta say it is incoming.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Just reveal the names.
Second this!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycards View Post
But ... To member A's stand .. There is no buyer protection , if he sends those cards to member B but never gets his cards ~ Then what ?
And if I refund Member A and don't get my cards back, then what?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

Drop their names so we can find these threads and stop him from trying to sell a card he does not have in hand yet. He may never get that card in hand and if somebody buys this card then it's going to be a huge mess for more then the 3 of you.

Both names please?
Person a for being a douche.
Person b for trying to sell a card he is not in possession of.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Did he at least say it is incoming? You can't sell a card you don't have in hand. Gotta say it is incoming.
False. You can NOT list a card that is not in hand, even if it is incoming. Stated in the rules.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycards View Post

Buyer A is a douche, period.
It does not matter if he told you he needed them by SAT, he is within his rights to request to send them back because he did not get what he paid for.
Offer to pay his return shipping but refund will only be given when cards are returned.
He can piss and moan,but Paypal will find for you if he does not.

Now, IF you are being 100% on the level and not fudging a few facts or hiding that you acted like a super Dick because A wouldn;t swap,then you would be doing the community a service in disclosing the name of a member who is all about the money and has no issue shitting on someone over a mistake. See, the money is incidental to the matter, him wanting a refund upfront smells like a steaming pile and if he said he wanted a refund up front, in his paypal claim,well,then it is not peekaboo. Peekaboo, while being an asshat, is not stupid and would not make a claim with that demand in the claim
But yah, you should out the member.
THink about it, he is annoyed now, you force him to ship (his view not mine) then he will neg you and we will find out after the fact. At a point where members here cannot make remarks,posts and comments to prevent you from getting bent over, on a simple mistake.....AGAIN...if that is all there is too it.
We have far too many jerks who look for any reason to blow out on someone.