Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Robchik04

So we made a deal. He agreed to the deal. I asked him to send first because he is quite new. He was fine with it and said he would ship soon. Today I ask him if he has shipped it yet and I get this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robchik09
Hey I was just wondering if you shipped it! Lmk thanks!
I'm going to have to back out of the deal. I've had some personal stuff come up that will be keeping me away from home for the next 5 days! So need less to say as paranoid as I was before, not being able to give this my attention would make it worse. I'll circle back with you next week. Sorry to leave u hanging! :-( it is a fair offer for sure but I have too much going on to be worried about blind shipping a FB card, u know

The deal was confirmed. Agreed he was going to ship. What are your opinions? What does he deserve? A positive, negative??

Thanks
BBCollector99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

wow backing out isn't nice and not sure but might be a rule , others here will know better when it comes to this

I know I wouldn't be too happy after holding my cards up and being excited to get the card you wanted
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

I wouldn;t get my beans worried over it, I wouldn;t leave feedback
you got him to agree to a portion of the trade that is not part of site policies.
he backed out out of fear and I see no issue with it.
He should buy and sell to get his FB up
I do not think you were in the wrong to make that demand,but to leave feedback because he backed out DUE to that demand ( I get that out of this regardless of the 5 day hiatus remark) effecting the trade would be off-color
Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I wouldn;t get my beans worried over it, I wouldn;t leave feedback
you got him to agree to a portion of the trade that is not part of site policies.
he backed out out of fear and I see no issue with it.
He should buy and sell to get his FB up
I do not think you were in the wrong to make that demand,but to leave feedback because he backed out DUE to that demand ( I get that out of this regardless of the 5 day hiatus remark) effecting the trade would be off-color
Backing out has been trending on forums lately. From what I have seen most people would agree to usually at least leave a neutral. It also warns any future traders.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

I personally would leave a neutral at most.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCollector99 View Post
Backing out has been trending on forums lately. From what I have seen most people would agree to usually at least leave a neutral. It also warns any future traders.
Sounds like you WANT to leave a neg or neutral and are looking for people to pat you on the back and agree with you...doesn't take Rocket Surgery to figure that out, anyone with a few active cells can extrapolate that from your last 2 lines there.

Now, the fact you are asking means you feel bad as you see what I see, a guy realizing he may have F-ed himself and backing up or you feel people are going to bash you for doing so as you see what I see....a guy realizing he may have screwed himself and distancing him.

You that sore over not getting the card that you can;t go back and work a 3rd party resolution so you won;t sweat the idea of getting robbed ?

I guess it was moot. Once you replied to me, what I feel is truth came out, making the thread a waste of my replies...damn, I did it again !

Unsubbing
Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like you WANT to leave a neg or neutral and are looking for people to pat you on the back and agree with you...doesn't take Rocket Surgery to figure that out, anyone with a few active cells can extrapolate that from your last 2 lines there.

Now, the fact you are asking means you feel bad as you see what I see, a guy realizing he may have F-ed himself and backing up or you feel people are going to bash you for doing so as you see what I see....a guy realizing he may have screwed himself and distancing him.

You that sore over not getting the card that you can;t go back and work a 3rd party resolution so you won;t sweat the idea of getting robbed ?

I guess it was moot. Once you replied to me, what I feel is truth came out, making the thread a waste of my replies...damn, I did it again !

Unsubbing
I said I was asking for OPINIONS. Don't need yours obviously... Doesn't everyone feel "sore" if they don't get a card? I never said I was getting robbed dude... Asking a newer trader to send first is PERFECTLY Fine.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Im surprised there isnt 327 replies stating he obviously was going to scam you if you hadnt of thwarted his attemp by making him send first...
Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I would just let it go.

Backing out has become a trend - and I realize that's an issue - but since you asked him to send first (which I don't blame you - I'd do the same) I have a little more sympathy if the person had a change of heart.

I don't get the "I won't be home for 5 days so I can't give this my attention line" - that's ridiculous - but at the end of the day if someone backs about because they just can't bring themselves to send first - I just move on.

These days big feedback traders scamming is becoming just as trendy as backing out - so I understand hesitation.

Although a PM update to you would have been the correct thing to do as well. Not waiting for you to follow up.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

I wonder if there was a death in the family. Collecting cards usually leads to the death of your loved ones, at least that seems to be the trend here.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
...doesn't take Rocket Surgery to figure that out, anyone with a few active cells can extrapolate that from your last 2 lines there.

Have I been missing something the last 33 years of my life??? J/K man... Actually made me chuckle a little... OP it's well within your right to neg. No need to look for reassurance here; just do it. Personally, I'd neg him- You had a mutual agreement for him to ship first, and THEN you get a PM with the boo hoo sob story of personal problems (so either he lied or reneged on the deal). You want to play with the big boys, you have to play by big boy rules.
Looking for these cards: '12 BDPP Austin Aune red paper 1/1, black and yellow auto'd Printing Plates; '12 BDPP Pat Light black, cyan, and pink auto'd Printing Plates; '13 BC T. Walker purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos, '13 BDPP DJ Peterson and Ryan McMahon chrome autos

Last edited by tazzy13; 03-29-2013 at 10:26 AM.
tazzy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Sounds like he sold a card to you? Was it a buy/sell or trade?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Neutral. People dont like it then you dont want to deal with them.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

You need to let the community know about his dealings. So definitely leave at least a neutral. Don't listen to those schmucks speaking gibberish. They're the kind of people that would let scammers run rampant on these forms of they were in charge.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Did you buy it from him or was it a trade?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Did you buy it from him or was it a trade?
It was a trade