Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
When I received the card earlier this week, I told JP that I would honour my agreement to you. He then said it would be the end of his collecting days because people no longer help out the little guys (the player collectors). This struck a chord with me. So I decided to sell him the card (for pretty much the same price we agreed, albeit cards and cash rather than just cash), so that the card would go to the Worthy super-collector. It just made sense to me at the time.

At this point, it wasn't about the money. I was already receiving far more than I ever imagined the card would be worth.

After 3 pages of this thread, I realise that what I did was worse than I realised. However, some of the things that have been said are untrue.

I tried to do the right thing. It worked out the complete opposite though.
LMAO!!!!

Read this and take it for what its worth: Just because you collect a specific player, doesn't mean you are entitled to every card of theirs on the market.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #77 (permalink)

I didnt send the money right away because WillC was waiting on the card to arrive to him..He was going to pm me when the card came and i was going to send the money ASAP as soon as he got it...I thought the Pm from him this morning was going to say "I got the card, please send payment"..Instead it was sorry i sold the card to someone else...

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #78 (permalink)

Will, am I reading right that you were selling the card before you had it in your posession?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #79 (permalink)

I didn't receive payment from forgiven. He was going to pay after I received the card. So I didn't hold his money. I'm sorry he missed out on other cards in that time that he might have wanted to buy. Sorry Mike.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
Your choice. I was just asking. I would actually pm willc and talk to him before leaving a negative. Maybe you guys can talk it out and resolve things. I don't know
Yeah guys kiss and make up, both of you are good guys.

We should go after the guys that pump and dump cards. Making fake inflated prices, those are the scumbags that we need to negative.

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
When I received the card earlier this week, I told JP that I would honour my agreement to you. He then said it would be the end of his collecting days because people no longer help out the little guys (the player collectors). This struck a chord with me. So I decided to sell him the card (for pretty much the same price we agreed, albeit cards and cash rather than just cash), so that the card would go to the Worthy super-collector. It just made sense to me at the time.

At this point, it wasn't about the money. I was already receiving far more than I ever imagined the card would be worth.

After 3 pages of this thread, I realise that what I did was worse than I realised. However, some of the things that have been said are untrue.

So JP knew you made an agreement with me and he still tried to get you to break your word with me and sell him the card....WOW...Another member with no morals!...This disgusts me!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #82 (permalink)

At least you could've done the deal with forgiven, then told JP that forgiven had it. Maybe those two could work out a deal.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #83 (permalink)

I swear, now this sounds like a prison movie when the guy rats out the other to serve less time........................

Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #84 (permalink)

While WillC is in the wrong and at least owns up to his mistake. The person he sold it to shouldn't be swept under the rug either because he knew what he was doing if Will actually told him a deal was agreeduupon. The guy played a sympathy card, poor me, and wanted to undercut someone else.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Steph Curry & Matt Ryan
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #85 (permalink)

I'm sorry guys.

I got in too deep with this one.

I would like to resolve this situation and then leave the hobby.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:

Which are? If they are untrue, you should be jumping to clarify for us.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
So you told the OP if he offers more than 1k the card is his. He offers $100 over your 1000 price and you still countered him at $1200. If you needed $1200, why didn't you just say that instead of telling him offer more than 1,000 and its yours?

Then he accepts the $1200, and you tell him the next day its $1400. Again, screwing over the OP. He finally agrees to the additional rape session and takes the $1400 offer.

Then again, 2 weeks later, you tell him you sold it to someone else? This is just messed up.

I could buy your story if you accepted the 1100 offer and then decided to move it to the "#1 james worthy collector". But you screwed him over 2 times before that.
This is Exactly what happened!..

Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #88 (permalink)

Moral of the story:
Cards are dangerous.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Which are? If they are untrue, you should be jumping to clarify for us.
A lot of people assumed I received payment from forgiven, but I hadn't yet. I changed my mind about the deal before taking payment. Not that it makes my actions right. But I would never take anyone's money like that. I am not a scammer. I just made a really bad decision.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Obviously it is about the money or you would have honored the first deal you made and agreed to. You got greedy.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #91 (permalink)

"Beware when making a deal..."

Yes, he screwed you over, and that is wrong. But, he didn't attempt to steal from you and I would gladly do a deal with him any day even knowing this info. Will is a collector, not a flipper - it has always seemed that his heart lies heavily within his love for the game and cards. I can see how this might lead him to want a player collector to "win" for once. I'm not condoning the actions, but he knows what he did was wrong, and I'm sure there are others who wouldn't mind dealing with him either.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #92 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Will C, JP and forgiven. Talk amongst yourselves

Then come up with a decision. It shouldn't have to involve the public.

Work it out behind closed doors. JP should do the right thing though.

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
A lot of people assumed I received payment from forgiven, but I hadn't yet. I changed my mind about the deal before taking payment. Not that it makes my actions right. But I would never take anyone's money like that. I am not a scammer. I just made a really bad decision.
So when you accepted the $1100 offer from Forgiven, did the other guy offer more, then you went back to OP who went to $1400, then you went back to the other guy who beat that offer?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Will C, JP and forgiven. Talk amongst yourselves

Then come up with a decision. It shouldn't have to involve the public.

Work it out behind closed doors. JP should do the right thing though.
I totally agree!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
While WillC is in the wrong and at least owns up to his mistake. The person he sold it to shouldn't be swept under the rug either because he knew what he was doing if Will actually told him a deal was agreeduupon. The guy played a sympathy card, poor me, and wanted to undercut someone else.
...........work it out as Tristan said.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Steph Curry & Matt Ryan
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #96 (permalink)

I would like to try to resolve this situation.

I still have the 1/1 Logoman (I intended to post it tomorrow to JP, which would be my first opportunity to post it because the Post Office is closed today - Easter Friday).

I can refund JP his money and send the cards back to him (one of which I have sold on the boards, but I can refund that buyer too).

I can then either sell the Logoman to forgiven (if he still wants it) or I can just keep it.

Would people agree that this is the right thing to do?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
I would like to try to resolve this situation.

I still have the 1/1 Logoman (I intended to post it tomorrow to JP, which would be my first opportunity to post it because the Post Office is closed today - Easter Friday).

I can refund JP his money and send the cards back to him (one of which I have sold on the boards, but I can refund that buyer too).

I can then either sell the Logoman to forgiven (if he still wants it) or I can just keep it.

Would people agree that this is the right thing to do?
To some extent. I don't think switching it makes it any better as you have already made a commitment to this other person. I think you should just send the card to jp. And then send forgiven a card that you think he would really like that you have. Is that a good idea?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboybill View Post
Personally, I think Will should give Forgiven 300.00 in cash or cards since he sold "HIS" card for more than the negotiated price...definitely the right thing to do since he backed out of the deal after he held his money for many days and working out a way to get more for the card.
After reading the posts from Gio and Forgiven, it seems like this deal was strictly about who offered the most $$$. Will, the right thing to do at this point in time would be to send the extra $$$ that the card sold for to Forgiven. We can't go back in time to reverse deals and PM's so we just have to solve this situation. It sucks when guys forget about being a collector and they become a pro negotiator
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #99 (permalink)

Will- I applaud you for trying to land the card in the right person's collection. The issue I (and most others I believe) have is that you already had an agreement in place with forgiven for the same card. At that point, you should've told JP that he could try to work a deal out with forgiven. While it wasn't really about the money at that point, backing out and selling the card to a different member makes you look very greedy (again, not saying you are).

This shouldn't make you quit the hobby (I couldn't tell if you were serious with that comment )

I hope it all gets sorted out.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #100 (permalink)

Option 4: Send JP the Worthy Logoman and send Forgiven what you got for the logoman.

Win for forgiven
Win for JP
Loss for WillC
Closed Thread