Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Will, stick to your original sale. End of story. JP's offer should never have existed to begin with, the card was already sold.

Let forgiven decide if he wants to sell it to JP or not.
This is the only viable solution that is FAIR.

And it should be sold to forgiven1 for the FIRST offer that was accepted ... not after the next few extorted back and forth price bumps...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
OK guys....WillC has made things right and he as agreed to sell me the card for what we agreed on..$1400 USD....I just sent him paypal and he is shipping the card to me tommorow!

Thanks WillC for making things right.

And thanks to everyone for their help and support!...Much appreciated.
Well there we have it. I'm happy for you, Mike! End thread/
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
OK guys....WillC has made things right and he as agreed to sell me the card for what we agreed on..$1400 USD....I just sent him paypal and he is shipping the card to me tommorow!

That's nice of him to do, but shouldn't it be sold at your original price of $1200 (I think it was) ?

Wasn't that the done deal before the extortion came into play with another member?

That's still an extorted $200 that forgiven1 shouldn't have to pay, since Will accepted his offer of $1200 ... Even though the $1100 offer was fair enough given the fact Will said he had a $1000 offer already ....

Who was that $1000 offer from though?! ... it would have to be a member here, no? ... And who would be willing to pay $1000 for that card other than forgiven1 and jp?!?!?!!.....hmmmm....

Last edited by paul06901; 03-29-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm sorry but didn't I read "I have a $1,000 offer- beat that and the card is yours". Then you offered $1,100- thus your card at that point for that price.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Yep, birds of a feather flock together

This world is in shambles

My word and my handshake mean something.

It's a long lost art I guess.

People just don't get it. I can't take society much longer. 80% of people make me want to vomit
No they don't, you give a limp handshake wuss.

sorry I couldn't resist
Old 03-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #156 (permalink)

Nice to see forgiven1 get the Worthy patch. Money shouldn't be the only thing that matters.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #157 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Yes the first offer that he accepted was for $1200 but I'm kool with paying the $1400 and just glad I'm getting the card and this is all over....I'm still sore at JP though cuz he knew the card was already sold to me and he still tried to take it from under me instead of trying to contact me and work a deal with me..

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #158 (permalink)

Maybe this was all a ploy to milk the price up. And he accomplished that. $1200 to $1400

LOOKING FOR: Alex Smith/Timothy Flanders
Old 03-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Maybe this was all a ploy to milk the price up. And he accomplished that. $1200 to $1400
No no no.... from $355 to $1400! jk

That's the price I sold my Isiah Thomas Logoman 1/1 from this same set for. Not sure at this point who should sell for more or less, but I guess the answer it clearly Thomas as that's how much I sold it for on ebay auction.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Thats what I don't like about the whole situation.

forgiven1 got the card, that's great.

But the extra $200/300 extorted cash still made it's way into the sellers pocket.

So now his rep is supposed to be OK and everything is fine and dandy because forgiven1 got the card?

That's not making things better, at least give JP the extorted $$$ that is wrongly being accepted in the first place!!

And as I mentioned earlier ... I'd like to know who the $1000 offer was from?

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay $1000 for that other than the two BIG collectors in forgiven1 and JP ... so how do we even know that $1000 was a true offer, and not simply a made up benchmark?!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Thats what I don't like about the whole situation.

forgiven1 got the card, that's great.

But the extra $200/300 extorted cash still made it's way into the sellers pocket.

So now his rep is supposed to be OK and everything is fine and dandy because forgiven1 got the card?

That's not making things better, at least give JP the extorted $$$ that is wrongly being accepted in the first place!!

And as I mentioned earlier ... I'd like to know who the $1000 offer was from?

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay $1000 for that other than the two BIG collectors in forgiven1 and JP ... so how do we even know that $1000 was a true offer, and not simply a made up benchmark?!
Correct me if I am wrong, but what is wrong with milking it for more money? I'm not debating where WillC messed up with dealing it to someone else, he did mess up there gotta honor a deal. But let's say that never happens and these two were working on a deal, what is wrong with trying to get more money? The buyer agreed to it. How is that extoration? He didn't force the buyer to buy it.

Please note I am talking about this between WillC and Forgiven, and saying IF the other issue didn't happen.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but what is wrong with milking it for more money? I'm not debating where WillC messed up with dealing it to someone else, he did mess up there gotta honor a deal. But let's say that never happens and these two were working on a deal, what is wrong with trying to get more money? The buyer agreed to it. How is that extoration? He didn't force the buyer to buy it.

Please note I am talking about this between WillC and Forgiven, and saying IF the other issue didn't happen.
Nothing wrong with trying to get more money in general.
This wouldve been fine.

"I want $1400 " ,
"Will you take 1000?",
"no I want 1400",
"how bout $1200 "
"nope still want $1400"

In this in instance however,
it certainly appears more akin to Ebay shilling than the above.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 HR #536
Old 03-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:

the wrong part about it is saying give me 1200 and its yours. the buyer agrees and then you say i got a better offer, 1400 and its yours, etc. im shocked to see this lapse of judgement on will's part. but it looks like he is still making out good since he bought the card on the cheap and selling it high. glad its going to forgiven since the deal was agreed upon.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Nothing wrong with trying to get more money in general.
This wouldve been fine.

"I want $1400 " ,
"Will you take 1000?",
"no I want 1400",
"how bout $1200 "
"nope still want $1400"

In this in instance however,
it certainly appears more akin to Ebay shilling than the above.
It sounds like it was more like this though? Sounds like a bidding war unless I missed something.

Buyer: Hey will you do $1000.
Seller: I have an offer for $1100
Buyer: I'll do $1200.
Seller now tells the other buyer, other buyer says he will do $1300
Seller: The other guy said he'd do $1300
Buyer: Fine I'll do $1400.
Seller tells the other buyer, he passes. Deal done
Old 03-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
the wrong part about it is saying give me 1200 and its yours. the buyer agrees and then you say i got a better offer, 1400 and its yours, etc. im shocked to see this lapse of judgement on will's part. but it looks like he is still making out good since he bought the card on the cheap and selling it high. glad its going to forgiven since the deal was agreed upon.
That's true, if he did my example above it is different. he should of only said, hey someone else offered X, can you beat it? Something along those lines. Saying, "hey I want $1200" then asking more is different.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:

Because if you tell someone that $1000 is not good, and if they could beat that it's yours. You just can't say that. Yours means yours. If anything, you say, well, i;m not selling it right now until I can get a good price, but feel free to offer on it, but please know that I am waiting for more offers because I want more. Now that would be a whole different story. But that's not what happened. Forgiven was promised the card a few times, I think three times? Until the FINAL deal, which was a LOCK, if the first two times wasn't.

Then you can't go on to another person and sell it to them. After I heard Forgiven was locked in a deal with WillC, I stopped asking about the card, because I knew it was a lock.

it's not hard to understand what happened, just gotta read the sholw darn thing
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Because if you tell someone that $1000 is not good, and if they could beat that it's yours. You just can't say that. Yours means yours. If anything, you say, well, i;m not selling it right now until I can get a good price, but feel free to offer on it, but please know that I am waiting for more offers because I want more. Now that would be a whole different story. But that's not what happened. Forgiven was promised the card a few times, I think three times? Until the FINAL deal, which was a LOCK, if the first two times wasn't.

Then you can't go on to another person and sell it to them. After I heard Forgiven was locked in a deal with WillC, I stopped asking about the card, because I knew it was a lock.

it's not hard to understand what happened, just gotta read the sholw darn thing

I know what happen, I'm just saying the correct way of doing it IMO was my example. Just have a bidding war haha. Obviously don't screw the buyer as he did. And don't say hey I'll do $1200, and when the buyer agrees ask for more. That's wrong to do, I'm not debating that. But I don't see an issue having a bidding war.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #168 (permalink)

Just goes to show how peoples integrity is for sale.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
I know what happen, I'm just saying the correct way of doing it IMO was my example. Just have a bidding war haha. Obviously don't screw the buyer as he did. And don't say hey I'll do $1200, and when the buyer agrees ask for more. That's wrong to do, I'm not debating that. But I don't see an issue having a bidding war.
There was no bidding war though.

Heck, at one point I thought the card was mine! HAHAHAHAHA

It's a big f*ng mess..... lol
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Just goes to show how peoples integrity is for sale.
We all know the member who screwed himself for the longest time doing this same thing. It still follows him around and that was what 18 months ago?

Moral of the story is, if you think you can get more, don't agree to a smaller deal.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #171 (permalink)

Too lazy to dig but did the seller at least drop a god bless?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Aside from the fact that the item was not in WillC's possession at the time,
Using the blowout forum to "auction" a card is against the rules.
I am pretty sure both of the following are against the rules for most if not all card forums.

No Auction type threads - This includes threads that ask for the best card for a certain amount of money (ie. I want the best card/lot for $$XX threads). If you've got some money and are looking for something specific, make sure your title and description reflect exactly what you want.

Items for sale or trade must be in your possession. Selling items that are incoming or not in your possession is NOT allowed.

General Rules and Guidelines for Buy/Sell/Trade - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN B/S/T
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 03-29-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Too lazy to dig but did the seller at least drop a god bless?
No, he's too smart for that... lmao
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Using the blowout forum to "auction" a card is against the rules.
I am pretty sure its against the rules for most if not all card forums.
So I shouldn't give another buyer a chance to up his offer? He wasn't auction a card, he was offering other buyers a chance to get it. He just did it bad.

Let's do an example. You have a card for sale right, someone offers you $500. Someone else offers you $600. You like the $600 price obviously, do you just take it? if it was me, I tell the $500 guy, hey someone offered $600 LMK if you still want it.

It has happened to me, much smaller. But I let both buyers know what was going on, and finally someone said let him have it and there it was done. I don't think it is wrong to let both buyers have a chance at it
Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
- You cannot sell someone else's card without their permission.

- Once the deal was agreed upon, the card was no longer "solely" WillC's.

- Therefore, the only way WillC could sell it to JP is if Forgiven says he can.

- Since that is not the case, JP has no say in this other than, "give me my payment back in full".

All this "ethically speaking", of course.

In my opinion, the card should be sent to forgiven for the ORIGINAL offer. After all, that's the legally binding contract.
Tell that to Alex and GURU then. If they allowed Alex to do it then anyone else can as well. That is the precedent that gets set when you allow peoples shady behaviors to go unpunished. Monkey see,monkey do.