Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Beware when making a deal with WillC!

I really thought WillC was one of the good guys on this site...Come to find out his word is no good and he does not honor his deals when he makes them...
A few weeks ago WillC contacted me about a very nice Lakers patch card that he knows i would want for my collection...He tells me that he has a $1000 offer on the card and if i can beat it the card is mine....I offer him $1100 cash and he says if i can do $1200 the card is mine...I say kool we have a deal...The next day he says that someone else has offered more but if i can offer $1400 the card is mine again...I told him i thought we had a deal and the card was already mine and he says he just cant pass up the other offer....I tell him ok but what if someone offers him more than $1400 later on was he going to again cancel our deal again....He says no that if i can do the $1400 then the card is mine for sure and the card will be off the table and he will not accept any more offers...I was kind of annoyed how things went down as it seemed like he knew i wanted the card badly and he kept raising the price after we made our deal but i was just happy to get the card....Now i've been waiting over 2 weeks to get the card and he tells me sorry Mike i sold the card to someone else!......I was very upset and this news ruined my entire morning....Some people have no integrity...Does anyone keep there word anymore?....So i saved up cash for no reason and passed on a few auctions because the money i was saving was for this card we made a deal on!.....

Willc, do not ever contact me again about buying cards from you...I did not approach you...You approached me...Your Word is no good!

Sorry...Had to vent!....

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Aww man..was going to buy one of his KObe auto for $145.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm sorry to Mike (forgiven1) and the Blowoutcards community. I'm usually the 'good guy' but I guess in this situation I am the 'bad guy' for a change.

No matter what anyone thinks, I can tell you that I tried to do the right thing. I tried to help out a member; at the time, it felt like the right thing to do. For sentimental reasons, I put my reputation on the line and went with my heart instead of my head.

I would like to explain what happened.

I made a thread looking for high-end game used cards of NBA legends. A member offered me a James Worthy 1/1 Logoman for what I thought was a fair price. I bought it from him and originally intended to keep it. However, I soon learned how much it was actually worth (far more than I've ever spent on a card), so selling it seemed like the wise thing to do, so that I could use the money for players that I collect.

I therefore agreed a deal with forgiven. However, I didn't realise there was a James Worthy collector (JP Lakers Fan) whose dream was to own this card. He even had a custom card designed so that he could imagine what it would be like to own this card. Here's the custom card which is in his Photobucket:

JP owns nearly every card of James Worthy. Not just high-end cards, but inserts, subsets and base cards too. Player collectors like JP can't compete with the millionaires out there who snap up every high-end card that they see. This card would mean the world to JP. It would be the centre-piece of his collection. It would just be another nice card for forgiven. That doesn't make my decision the right one (and who am I to judge - after all, maybe this card would be the centre-piece of forgiven's collection too). I am just trying to explain myself. Here is the card:

To show you how much this meant to JP, you can read a note that he sent me:

I'm sure people will side with forgiven on this one (and rightly so - the guy has done nothing wrong; I have).

I apologise to the community and, particularly, to Mike.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
I really thought WillC was one of the good guys on this site...Come to find out his word is no good and he does not honor his deals when he makes them...
A few weeks ago WillC contacted me about a very nice Lakers patch card that he knows i would want for my collection...He tells me that he has a $1000 offer on the card and if i can beat it the card is mine....I offer him $1100 cash and he says if i can do $1200 the card is mine...I say kool we have a deal...The next day he says that someone else has offered more but if i can offer $1400 the card is mine again...I told him i thought we had a deal and the card was already mine and he says he just cant pass up the other offer....I tell him ok but what if someone offers him more than $1400 later on was he going to again cancel our deal again....He says no that if i can do the $1400 then the card is mine for sure and the card will be off the table and he will not accept any more offers...I was kind of annoyed how things went down as it seemed like he knew i wanted the card badly and he kept raising the price after we made our deal but i was just happy to get the card....Now i've been waiting over 2 weeks to get the card and he tells me sorry Mike i sold the card to someone else!......I was very upset and this news ruined my entire morning....Some people have no integrity...Does anyone keep there word anymore?....So i saved up cash for no reason and passed on a few auctions because the money i was saving was for this card we made a deal on!.....

Willc, do not ever contact me again about buying cards from you...I did not approach you...You approached me...Your Word is no good!

Sorry...Had to vent!....
Too bad, sorry to hear that. The part i bolded is what really hurts the buyer.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Ouch, Will is a great guy. Lets see his side to the story.

Seal the deal as soon as it is made, too many people backout when time goes by

Sorry to hear though

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sounded like he is going back and forth between a few people. Sad...... Well, how many "good" guys have turned bad lately due to a few $$$?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

What is going on around here today??? Is it a full moon or something?

P.S. OP might want to try and change screen name
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Ouch, Will is a great guy.
I thought I was too. I messed up on this one though. I tried to do what I felt was right, but in retrospect I made a mistake and forgiven is right to be upset.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Will did you commit to a sale to forgiven? If you did you should have just marked the card as sold. Then explain to forgiven the situation and see if he was willing to give it up.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
I'm sorry to Mike (forgiven1) and the Blowoutcards community. I'm usually the 'good guy' but I guess in this situation I am the 'bad guy' for a change.

No matter what anyone thinks, I can tell you that I tried to do the right thing. I tried to help out a member; at the time, it felt like the right thing to do. For sentimental reasons, I put my reputation on the line and went with my heart instead of my head.

I would like to explain what happened.

I made a thread looking for high-end game used cards of NBA legends. A member offered me a James Worthy 1/1 Logoman for what I thought was a fair price. I bought it from him and originally intended to keep it. However, I soon learned how much it was actually worth (far more than I've ever spent on a card), so selling it seemed like the wise thing to do, so that I could use the money for players that I collect.

I therefore agreed a deal with forgiven. However, I didn't realise there was a James Worthy collector (JP Lakers Fan) whose dream was to own this card. He even had a custom card designed so that he could imagine what it would be like to own this card. Here's the custom card which is in his Photobucket:

JP owns nearly every card of James Worthy. Not just high-end cards, but inserts, subsets and base cards too. Player collectors like JP can't compete with the millionaires out there who snap up every high-end card that they see. This card would mean the world to JP. It would be the centre-piece of his collection. It would just be another nice card for forgiven. That doesn't make my decision the right one (and who am I to judge - after all, maybe this card would be the centre-piece of forgiven's collection too). I am just trying to explain myself. Here is the card:

To show you how much this meant to JP, you can read a note that he sent me:

I'm sure people will side with forgiven on this one (and rightly so - the guy has done nothing wrong; I have).

I apologise to the community and, particularly, to Mike.
I understand your story but one of the most looked down upon things on this forum is taking someones money, and then refunding (or agreeing to a deal and then taking a better one). I wasn't a member when this happened, but I know someone else sold a big card a few years ago, then refunded $$ the next morning cause he got a better deal, and went through a lot of sh!t for it.

Also, just because someone collects a specific player, doesn't mean they are entitled to that card more so then anyone else. I know for a fact many big player collectors have lost out on big cards for their collection.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

The deal was sealed and he promised me he would not accept any other offers....Then he tells me 19 days later that he sold the card to someone else!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

On a side note: WOW, WHAT A SICK CARD!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well at first I had offered him somewhere in the $350 since I sold my Isiah Thomas of that same card for $355, and I got the same things, that he had higher offers.... He told me he had an offer for $1600, and if I could beat that I would have the card. Sorry, too much for that card in my honest opinion.

Isiah Thomas vs. James Worthy? I think they should be in the same range, give or take A LITTLE... but that's just my pinion though.

I wonder who bought the card?? Or if we will ever see this for sale again?...
Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

If you knew their was Worthy collector, why didn't you contact him first and work with him for a deal... hmmm

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

First come first serve, that should be a rule to any sale.

I for one don't believe in the "Number one fans" nonsense, they are a dime a dozen. Everyone is a fan until they are ready to sell lol

Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Will: I just lurk in these parts mostly, but I just wanted to acknowledge that you've taken responsibility for your decision and tried to explain why you did it.

I think you were wrong in this case, but you didn't try to run away or make a bunch of excuses, so you have my respect for that.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Wow.

In sorry but that is straight shady.

Apology does not just make this situation disappear.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Will: I just lurk in these parts mostly, but I just wanted to acknowledge that you've taken responsibility for your decision and tried to explain why you did it.

I think you were wrong in this case, but you didn't try to run away or make a bunch of excuses, so you have my respect for that.
Except he did make an excuse.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

neg him and move on, nothing you can do the card is sold. Sounds like you were used as a pawn to jack the price up on the eventual buyer
Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Except he did make an excuse.
I don't think he did--he just said why he made the decision he did and understood that most people would think he made the wrong one. That's not an excuse, in my book.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Will did you commit to a sale to forgiven? If you did you should have just marked the card as sold. Then explain to forgiven the situation and see if he was willing to give it up.
Yeah, I think WillC should have sold the card to Forgiven for the agreed upon price and let him know about the other collector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
I understand your story but one of the most looked down upon things on this forum is taking someones money, and then refunding (or agreeing to a deal and then taking a better one). I wasn't a member when this happened, but I know someone else sold a big card a few years ago, then refunded $$ the next morning cause he got a better deal, and went through a lot of sh!t for it.
I think you are referring to armyatc22. He was trashed for it.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

It looks like the note comes with cards, nice gift.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Yeah, I think WillC should have sold the card to Forgiven for the agreed upon price and let him know about the other collector.

I think you are referring to armyatc22. He was trashed for it.
Yeah that's him.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I don't think he did--he just said why he made the decision he did and understood that most people would think he made the wrong one. That's not an excuse, in my book.
How is that not an excuse.

He went back on his word. It doesn't matter why. That an excuse.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Well at first I had offered him somewhere in the $350 since I sold my Isiah Thomas of that same card for $355, and I got the same things, that he had higher offers.... He told me he had an offer for $1600, and if I could beat that I would have the card. Sorry, too much for that card in my honest opinion.

Isiah Thomas vs. James Worthy? I think they should be in the same range, give or take A LITTLE... but that's just my pinion though.

I wonder who bought the card?? Or if we will ever see this for sale again?...
So he told you if you can beat $1600 the card is yours...WOW...That is Shady....Looks like this was all about greed!....Cant believe this...Who can you trust nowadays!....Really saddens me!..

Closed Thread