Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
This social circle of bums apparently is starting to finally show their true face.

I had issues with these guys a long time ago and called them out and nothing was done because supposedly they are the "NICE" guys.

I posted needing a card ($1 value) and spauthentic tried to scam me by trying to suggest the card was worth $45 and to pay that much under the guise I didnt know my stuff! I called him out and all that came from it was "Spauthentic is a good guy, he can do what he wants"

I posted about WillC playing a sap role to sucker people to give him free cards. He then turned around and tried to sell them on the German boards for $$. Unethical in my books. Using peoples charity to profit by laying a sap story. I confronted him about it and the same guys stood up for him saying its WillC, hes a good guy, he can do what he wants. I later called out his shady marketing tactics whereby he ploys to buy Russells cards on the cheap (im getting married blah blah, I dont have money blah blah) then posts a plethora of articles to pimp the player only to turn around and sell them once everyone is on the bandwagon. If anyone else does it, they get burnt and punished. But sinces its WillC, hes a good guy, he is allowed to do it.

Verona pulls this stunt now. Its a form of extortion using the guise of false pretence. Supposedly there is always some mystery buyer willing to pay more everytime you show interest in the card. You offer $1k, and BAM suddenly there is a mystery buyer willing to pay $1200. But at $1300 the card is yours. So you offer $1300 what the heck is a few dollars more. Then BAM...wait there is someone offering more now. We dont know who and ironically its always when you want to buy the card. That is a prime example of extortion. Shilling auctions works the same way.. False activity intended to make the buyer think that there is someone else who is buying to artificially raise the price. Doing this KNOWINGLY is a ponzi scheme through and through.

The only way to stop such gang mentality of unethical behaviour is to stop it from the root cause. The cause in this case is for people to realize that these "good guys" are not good guys. They are con artist that build a false reputation using their same circle of misfits to make you believe that. Thats why they seem good on the outside, but when they deal like weasels in private you finally see their true faces. So what do they do? THey go out and discredit anyone that catches on to their schemes and gangs up on them to get people to stray from their frauding ways. Exactly what Spauthentic is doing.

You might not have said it was okay for him to pull this stunt. But its very apparent with your lack of words that you had no issues with it either. Double standard much?

Ill be sure to get out side today for some fresh air if you promise to stop trying to defraud people into thinking you are a genuine person while pulling unethical stunts in the background. Be man! Show some integrity for once!
For those who dont know, I jokingly told OJ he could have the common card that is everywhere on ebay for $45. I had every intention of shipping it to him for free (Like I have shipped about 10 freebies out since my stay here). Well OJ being OJ thought I was serious and has held a grudge ever since.

And I just said I didnt condone it? Not sure what else you want me to do? If I ganged up on him, it would be a mob mentality?

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ebitz

I think this the most responded to threads I've ever started lol
Old 03-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Didn't this card that OJ keeps bringing up with SPauthentic happen many month ago?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebitz View Post
Didn't this card that OJ keeps bringing up with SPauthentic happen many month ago?
Probably over a year ago

Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Plain and simple ebitz, dont deal with these types of people. Cards eventually show up for sale and youll snag the card you are looking for. We earn our money through hard work. Lets spend it with people who show the same respect back!!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yep, and its a prime example of "once a snake, always a snake". I brought up the WillC incident a year ago. A year later, and tada!, check out whats happening now!. Rational thinking will keep you safe from the poor tactics used by these guys. Just a shame people ignore the warnings
Old 03-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Plain and simple ebitz, dont deal with these types of people. Cards eventually show up for sale and youll snag the card you are looking for. We earn our money through hard work. Lets spend it with people who show the same respect back!!
Goodness. Can you be anymore of an instigator?

Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Goodness. Can you be anymore of an instigator?
How so? Im telling the Op to deal with trusted sellers. Pretty sound advice in my opinion. You dont run into these types of issues with sellers who have integrity.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

OP, leave a negative, and don't let him leave one back. You guys had a deal done, then he backed out for more money. Heck he was the one that said, I'll do it for 2K then he backed out anyway. If sellers want more money, stop accepting deals!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Situation is def frustrating. Negative for welching on a deal when no money traded hands prob is warranted but you will prob get a retaliatory neg back.

Walk away.

You can't leave a negative on ebay if negotiations break down or deal via invoice doesn't get done.
Mehhhhhhh - this is more like a seller accepting a Best Offer than anything else on eBay. And correct me if I'm wrong but I think a buyer can leave neg feedback if a seller does this and then never ships the card and cancels the deal.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Tell him to sell it to his "friend" then.

When he comes back and tells you his "friend" backed out then lower your offer by 20% and tell him to get bent.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 03-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
Mehhhhhhh - this is more like a seller accepting a Best Offer than anything else on eBay. And correct me if I'm wrong but I think a buyer can leave neg feedback if a seller does this and then never ships the card and cancels the deal.
Correct. Once the buyer clicks the "commit to buy" or the seller clicks "accept offer" it's a done deal and feedback can be left assuming an unpaid item strike is not given.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #38 (permalink)

Looks like we have some real amateur grifters on this part of the site.

Carry on kiddies.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #39 (permalink)

I find it strange that people are in this thread blasting orange jello but not saying anything about the scamming this verona clown is trying to pull. Perhaps this is why verona tried to do this.

Willc saw Alex do it to Guru------and get away with it

verona saw willc do it just yesterday-----and get away with it

now verona does it-----------and will get away with it

Tomorrow someone else will try it. They are not held accountable so why not try to get more money.

And this thread will be locked soon just like the thread about willc is and in a week both threads will be buried and no new members will know of willc and verona being shady. So basically nothing got accomplished.

Last edited by cking; 03-30-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #40 (permalink)

Just an update I tried to work it out with verona again, he came down close to the original agreed upon price and then proceeded to raise the price 2 more times shortly after and went on to say that he will not sell the card now...
Old 03-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

I know alot was covered in this thread but I just want to urge other board members to be extremely careful with verona, he is not an honorable trader, he changed the price of this card on me up and down literally at minimum 5 times, also given that an shipment from him would have to come from overseas it leaves alot of room for potential problems. I just do not want to see anyone have a problem more serious than that one I have had. thanks
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I know alot was covered in this thread but I just want to urge other board members to be extremely careful with verona, he is not an honorable trader, he changed the price of this card on me up and down literally at minimum 5 times, also given that an shipment from him would have to come from overseas it leaves alot of room for potential problems. I just do not want to see anyone have a problem more serious than that one I have had. thanks

To my point, once being shady usually turns into always being shady. Its not worth dealing with such headaches.

I agree with cking. This will get thrown under the rug and everyone will forget about it. Then Verona, WillC will keep doing it and nothing will happen because "good guys are allowed to do it".

I havent seen WillC tagged with a negative for re negging on a deal. Example #1.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Tell him to sell it to his "friend" then.

When he comes back and tells you his "friend" backed out then lower your offer by 20% and tell him to get bent.
Solid advice here, most of the time these "friends" don't exist.

Also this is why Blowouts rule is that the seller MUST list a price, it makes all this offer shilling go away.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
I havent seen WillC tagged with a negative for re negging on a deal. Example #1.
Probably because I have gone out of my way to ensure I put the situation right. You may think I am 'shady', but I have been honest about my mistake and have tried to put things right.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

I made a deal with him for a Kobe auto. I made him ship first because he is quite new. He took like 5 days to ship and when I asked him for the tracking number he said you cant access it. Which is very suspicious
Old 03-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

Please for the love of Jebus tell me you left him a neg.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
Old 03-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I would say this is the most salient point. I inquired about a few of his items and both seemed outrageously priced, and if you're telling me that he lacks integrity when making a deal, AND you have to sweat overseas shipping...pass.

Just give me a heads up, I'll crap the booze out, have a mint, good to go.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

A jackass move, but I don't think a concrete deal was in place since he never sent you his PayPal information. (If I understand correctly. These days you just can't take many people at their word before you get payment info and such.)

Horrendously poor etiquette and a lack of integrity nonetheless.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
This social circle of bums apparently is starting to finally show their true face.

I had issues with these guys a long time ago and called them out and nothing was done because supposedly they are the "NICE" guys.

I posted needing a card ($1 value) and spauthentic tried to scam me by trying to suggest the card was worth $45 and to pay that much under the guise I didnt know my stuff! I called him out and all that came from it was "Spauthentic is a good guy, he can do what he wants"

I posted about WillC playing a sap role to sucker people to give him free cards. He then turned around and tried to sell them on the German boards for $$. Unethical in my books. Using peoples charity to profit by laying a sap story. I confronted him about it and the same guys stood up for him saying its WillC, hes a good guy, he can do what he wants. I later called out his shady marketing tactics whereby he ploys to buy Russells cards on the cheap (im getting married blah blah, I dont have money blah blah) then posts a plethora of articles to pimp the player only to turn around and sell them once everyone is on the bandwagon. If anyone else does it, they get burnt and punished. But sinces its WillC, hes a good guy, he is allowed to do it.

Verona pulls this stunt now. Its a form of extortion using the guise of false pretence. Supposedly there is always some mystery buyer willing to pay more everytime you show interest in the card. You offer $1k, and BAM suddenly there is a mystery buyer willing to pay $1200. But at $1300 the card is yours. So you offer $1300 what the heck is a few dollars more. Then BAM...wait there is someone offering more now. We dont know who and ironically its always when you want to buy the card. That is a prime example of extortion. Shilling auctions works the same way.. False activity intended to make the buyer think that there is someone else who is buying to artificially raise the price. Doing this KNOWINGLY is a ponzi scheme through and through.

The only way to stop such gang mentality of unethical behaviour is to stop it from the root cause. The cause in this case is for people to realize that these "good guys" are not good guys. They are con artist that build a false reputation using their same circle of misfits to make you believe that. Thats why they seem good on the outside, but when they deal like weasels in private you finally see their true faces. So what do they do? THey go out and discredit anyone that catches on to their schemes and gangs up on them to get people to stray from their frauding ways. Exactly what Spauthentic is doing.

You might not have said it was okay for him to pull this stunt. But its very apparent with your lack of words that you had no issues with it either. Double standard much?

Ill be sure to get out side today for some fresh air if you promise to stop trying to defraud people into thinking you are a genuine person while pulling unethical stunts in the background. Be man! Show some integrity for once!
I don't much pay attention to these threads but this post suckered me in.

Disclaimer: I have NO IDEA about the obvious personal issue(s) going on here nor am I taking sides.

I just think the point regarding board politics is spot on. Certain people are given more leeway than others because of who they know. There are also obvious ways that would enable one to keep most, if not all, criticism about them out of the public eye.

There certainly is a hierarchy in place and you'd be foolish if you didn't admit it, good or bad. At the end of the day though, as he points out, the most important thing is consistency. If you disdain, think unethical or downright don't agree with certain things, it should never matter who the person is, nor their background. A lie is a lie, stealing is stealing.

Once again, very general statement, not siding with anyone but he brings up a very relevant point. It's hard to get "justice" if you don't know the right people.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
For those who dont know, I jokingly told OJ he could have the common card that is everywhere on ebay for $45. I had every intention of shipping it to him for free (Like I have shipped about 10 freebies out since my stay here). Well OJ being OJ thought I was serious and has held a grudge ever since.

And I just said I didnt condone it? Not sure what else you want me to do? If I ganged up on him, it would be a mob mentality?
Why did you even joke around like that?....Were you hoping he would bite?

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Closed Thread