Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #51 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
To my point, once being shady usually turns into always being shady. Its not worth dealing with such headaches.

I agree with cking. This will get thrown under the rug and everyone will forget about it. Then Verona, WillC will keep doing it and nothing will happen because "good guys are allowed to do it".

I havent seen WillC tagged with a negative for re negging on a deal. Example #1.

I didnt tag WillC with a negative because he apologized to me and made things right....So he actually didnt re neg on the deal...He is honoring our agreement...Are you saying i should still tag him with a neg?

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Why did you even joke around like that?....Were you hoping he would bite?
You dont have a sense of humor either?

I mean lets really think about this....even if it was my idea to milk him for $45, do you really think I would do this on a common insert from the 90s that there are probably about 50 right now on ebay for under $5? Its obvious we know what these cards go for.

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I didnt tag WillC with a negative because he apologized to me and made things right....So he actually didnt re neg on the deal...He is honoring our agreement...Are you saying i should still tag him with a neg?
I dont know. Im on the fence. Without noting it, he will pull these stunts over and over again. Sure he made it right, but if you didn't bring it out to the open, would he have? No. THe only reason why he did was to save face here. But the deed was done. Character was lost and sadly thats the punishment served for taking that risk.

He did break the rules of selling a card before it was in hand as well. But hey according to his buddies "hes a good guy" we should just look past it! I mean he can do what he wants and when he wants. This case for example. He broke rules, re negged and played price off various people. Now that he makes things right, we should just ignore the detail of him trying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post

I mean lets really think about this....even if it was my idea to milk him for $45, do you really think I would do this on a common insert from the 90s that there are probably about 50 right now on ebay for under $5? Its obvious we know what these cards go for.
You and I both know you were dead serious about $45. You classified it as a joke because I called you out on it. Easier pill to swallow for such a low ball move. Like I said, serious character flaw on your part. It eventually starts to come out.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont know. Im on the fence. Without noting it, he will pull these stunts over and over again. Sure he made it right, but if you didn't bring it out to the open, would he have? No. THe only reason why he did was to save face here. But the deed was done. Character was lost and sadly thats the punishment served for taking that risk.

He did break the rules of selling a card before it was in hand as well. But hey according to his buddies "hes a good guy" we should just look past it! I mean he can do what he wants and when he wants. This case for example. He broke rules, re negged and played price off various people. Now that he makes things right, we should just ignore the detail of him trying it?

You and I both know you were dead serious about $45. You classified it as a joke because I called you out on it. Easier pill to swallow for such a low ball move. Like I said, serious character flaw on your part. It eventually starts to come out.
Sorry you see things that way OJ. Im not sure why its so hard for you to believe it was a joke. I mean I give away cards for free here and there because this is a community. You seem to have been the only person ever on here with a problem...can you just admit on anything you maybe wrong? just maybe

Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

Well to be honest it makes no sense why you would even joke around like that...Did you tell him you were joking from the beginning or did you say it was a joke after he called you out on it?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Well to be honest it makes no sense why you would even joke around like that...Did you tell him you were joking from the beginning or did you say it was a joke after he called you out on it?
to be honest then, you are a simpleton or a instigator

Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

Well i would have left him a negative for sure if he didnt honor our agreement but he ended up honoring it and apologizing to me and the forum so i just dont think its right for me to leave a negative...I think the thread i made was damaging enough and he has learned from this..It was over 10 pages long with over 4,300+ views... I wouldnt feel right leaving a negative as well especially when he is now making it right..

And yes we made a deal for the card before the card was in his hands but he told me not to send the payment out until he had the card in his hands and he could make sure it was in good shape first..I dont know if this is the same as selling it before it was in his hands...Anyways i was alright with that....I really think WillC has learned from his mistake and wont do this again...

Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
to be honest then, you are a simpleton or a instigator
Huh...Really? Now you have to resort to name calling?...You didnt answer the question though...I'll ask it again....Did you tell him you were joking from the beginning or did you say it was a joke after he called you out on it?...Thats what i would really like to know...

Old 03-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Huh...Really? Now you have to resort to name calling?...You didnt answer the question though...I'll ask it again....Did you tell him you were joking from the beginning or did you say it was a joke after he called you out on it?...Thats what i would really like to know...
Whats so hard to understand?

I mean if someone offered you a $1 card for $45 you would think its a joke right? Either that or a scumbag.

Well after he declined, I said I was joking around and offered it to him for free. Then thats where he got all OJ like.

I mean if Im offering cards for free, thats the worst scam ever. Its not a big deal, dont make it one.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Whats so hard to understand?

I mean if someone offered you a $1 card for $45 you would think its a joke right? Either that or a scumbag.

Well after he declined, I said I was joking around and offered it to him for free. Then thats where he got all OJ like.

I mean if Im offering cards for free, thats the worst scam ever. Its not a big deal, dont make it one.
Why are you getting so mad?...I think i know why...So after he declined and called you out on it, you then said it was a joke....Hmmmmm, I think i got your number now......

Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. Without the call out thread, do you think he would have worked something out with you?

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Why are you getting so mad?...I think i know why...So after he declined and called you out on it, you then said it was a joke....Hmmmmm, I think i got your number now......
So you wouldnt be annoyed being question over a joke over a year ago? Esp by someone who just instigates?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #63 (permalink)

OP, be very careful who you deal with....

You know, I don't think i've ever come to this side of the forum before yesterday with the WillC thread, when it was moved from the basketball hobby to talk to here. Pretty interesting section to say the least lol

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He turned it into a joke to save face. He wont admit it, but at the time he didnt realize I was a seasoned vetran with cards. He though I was a newbie that could be taken advantage of. Hence why in order to save face, he offered to send it to me but my call out happend and I didnt accept it.

I was not looking for charity. I was looking for 1 card to finish the set. He threw it up in pm for $45, (in pm and not on the thread conveniently). I also called him out when he was trying to flip a durant for 200% over recent sales and he didnt like that either.

Of course it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I dont go out of my way rip someone off on the notion that they might fall for it. Thats guilt I couldnt live with for taking advantage of someones trust. Exactly the opposite of what a community should be about. He'll keep flip flopping on the issue but wont answer you directly because he doesnt want to get caught saying 2 different things.

I dont hate the guy. I hate the deception him and his buddies use to ruin the experience of a good trading community. Sling mud, name call and do everything you want. Just dont pilfer integrity and take advantage of people especially when you advocate "community" in the hobby.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
This social circle of bums apparently is starting to finally show their true face.

I had issues with these guys a long time ago and called them out and nothing was done because supposedly they are the "NICE" guys.

I posted needing a card ($1 value) and spauthentic tried to scam me by trying to suggest the card was worth $45 and to pay that much under the guise I didnt know my stuff! I called him out and all that came from it was "Spauthentic is a good guy, he can do what he wants"

I posted about WillC playing a sap role to sucker people to give him free cards. He then turned around and tried to sell them on the German boards for $$. Unethical in my books. Using peoples charity to profit by laying a sap story. I confronted him about it and the same guys stood up for him saying its WillC, hes a good guy, he can do what he wants. I later called out his shady marketing tactics whereby he ploys to buy Russells cards on the cheap (im getting married blah blah, I dont have money blah blah) then posts a plethora of articles to pimp the player only to turn around and sell them once everyone is on the bandwagon. If anyone else does it, they get burnt and punished. But sinces its WillC, hes a good guy, he is allowed to do it.

Verona pulls this stunt now. Its a form of extortion using the guise of false pretence. Supposedly there is always some mystery buyer willing to pay more everytime you show interest in the card. You offer $1k, and BAM suddenly there is a mystery buyer willing to pay $1200. But at $1300 the card is yours. So you offer $1300 what the heck is a few dollars more. Then BAM...wait there is someone offering more now. We dont know who and ironically its always when you want to buy the card. That is a prime example of extortion. Shilling auctions works the same way.. False activity intended to make the buyer think that there is someone else who is buying to artificially raise the price. Doing this KNOWINGLY is a ponzi scheme through and through.

The only way to stop such gang mentality of unethical behaviour is to stop it from the root cause. The cause in this case is for people to realize that these "good guys" are not good guys. They are con artist that build a false reputation using their same circle of misfits to make you believe that. Thats why they seem good on the outside, but when they deal like weasels in private you finally see their true faces. So what do they do? THey go out and discredit anyone that catches on to their schemes and gangs up on them to get people to stray from their frauding ways. Exactly what Spauthentic is doing.

You might not have said it was okay for him to pull this stunt. But its very apparent with your lack of words that you had no issues with it either. Double standard much?

Ill be sure to get out side today for some fresh air if you promise to stop trying to defraud people into thinking you are a genuine person while pulling unethical stunts in the background. Be man! Show some integrity for once!
^^^^This needs to be a sticky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Probably because I have gone out of my way to ensure I put the situation right. You may think I am 'shady', but I have been honest about my mistake and have tried to put things right.
You DID NOT make it right and the fact that you believe you did makes you a shady person to deal with. Making it right would be selling the card to him for $1200...the original agreed upon deal before you started shilling the card. Then of course there is this "mystery" person who you said offered you $1K for a card that is worth maybe half of that. You scammed him, plain and simple.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan311 View Post
I just think the point regarding board politics is spot on. Certain people are given more leeway than others because of who they know.
I'm a relative newbie on Blowout, but it's obvious that there's a lot of truth to this statement. Behaviors and practices are not treated equally across the board, with more slack being given to those who form part of this inner circle or in crowd, or whatever other name might be applied. I believe this isn't unique to Blowout, but it's nonetheless unfortunate.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #67 (permalink)

To ebitz: I don't think you can leave a negative feedback unless verona gave you his Paypal address. From what I understand regarding negative itrader is that if he/you agree to a deal, there must be an exchange if Paypal addresses.

Also I didn't read the entire thread because I didn't know which posts were relevant to the actual thread.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ebitz
Default verona

actually I have talked to mods and the way I have understood it is if deal is agreed upon it is permissible to give the seller a negative if trade or sale is agreed upon and the other party backs out or changes the terms.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebitz View Post
actually I have talked to mods and the way I have understood it is if deal is agreed upon it is permissible to give the seller a negative if trade or sale is agreed upon and the other party backs out or changes the terms.
Given how gray this seems to be and the frequency with which similar cases have been happening recently, it would be nice if a mod could clear up this issue.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
My question is this... Didnt you pay an additional $200 for your card? Raising the price and then selling to you a second time isnt exactly making things right. Pimping you for $200 or even attempting to is a scam. The guy should AT MINIMUM be given a negative. He broke MANY forum rules and should be suspended as well. If I can call a guy a "sissy" and get a 24 hour vacation isnt a scammer worth more? Just my opinion...
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #71 (permalink)

Guys this thread has taken a nose dive, I simply started it as I was in a deal that did not go so well I wanted to get other peoples thoughts and more than that let other members of the boards be warned

if possible mods can you delete this thread
Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #72 (permalink)

I've had this happen to me before in the past...sucks that it happens. I wonder if the people actually have a "friend that offered them more" or it was just some made up Manti Teo crap just to squeeze out another buck
Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #73 (permalink)

I am pretty sure his friends name was: I didn't realize until after we agreed how much the paypal fees were going to cost me
Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #74 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
My question is this... Didnt you pay an additional $200 for your card? Raising the price and then selling to you a second time isnt exactly making things right. Pimping you for $200 or even attempting to is a scam. The guy should AT MINIMUM be given a negative. He broke MANY forum rules and should be suspended as well. If I can call a guy a "sissy" and get a 24 hour vacation isnt a scammer worth more? Just my opinion...
I agreed to pay the additional $200 and I'm ok with it....

Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I agreed to pay the additional $200 and I'm ok with it....
You are ok with it. Most buyers here including myself see it as a scam. WillC made nothing right since he backed out and then took more money.