Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Rant

As a seller on Ebay, I am growing very tired of their stance on protecting the buyer first when sellers get scammed left and right. I had a chargeback from a buyer, seller (of cards), and scammer on ebay (username pridelandbengal) that cost me over $70 in their credit cards company's fees for multiple chargebacks that they had initiated on several items totaling only around $15. Ebay (and Paypal) turned the other cheek.

Please do not even get me started on these NPB's that are rampant on ebay, but they go as far as to where you cannot even leave negative feedback for buyers anymore.

It's bad enough that the fees are already outrageous as it is, but if Ebay wants to be around in ten years, they need to start protecting the sellers more from NPB's, scammers, and feedback extortionists.

Ebay sellers, what is your stance on all of this? Do you think Ebay protects sellers enough?
9107miller459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I also wanted to add, I am sick of these buyers who wait 5 days to pay after winning an auction and then send me a message two days later asking where their item is! I am going to leave a direct disclaimer at the bottom of my auctions from here on out, that if you take 5 days to pay, I will take 5 days to ship.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

AMEN BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrisCarter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ebay is getting worse everyday. Sick of all there bs people not paying..people scamming...and people waiting to pay then messaging wheres it at or item is as described....overall ebay can shove it where the sun dont shine...
michael84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Feel free to go to the competition.

May I ask what sport these chargebacks came from?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9107miller459 View Post
I also wanted to add, I am sick of these buyers who wait 5 days to pay after winning an auction and then send me a message two days later asking where their item is! I am going to leave a direct disclaimer at the bottom of my auctions from here on out, that if you take 5 days to pay, I will take 5 days to ship.

Pointless. Even with that disclaimer, they will still crush your shipping DSR and you'll be the only one affected by your slow shipping in the end.
epic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree it is very frustrating, unfortunately Ebay is the best place sell cards. I know there are other sites but Ebay gets the most traffic. Sorry to hear about chargebacks though. That sucks.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

If you used dc and it shows delivered there shouldn't be any chargeback fees. I'd be screaming and raising hell. If you didn't follow proper protocol to receive seller protection then there's not much you can do.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
If you used dc and it shows delivered there shouldn't be any chargeback fees. I'd be screaming and raising hell. If you didn't follow proper protocol to receive seller protection then there's not much you can do.
Always use tracking for every transaction. The problem was they even left positive feedback and received their cards, THEN they filed a chargeback and basically I was left to pay for the rest. Through countless efforts to try to contact the buyer, they send me a quick message "sorry its being fixed" and that was the last I heard from them. Even if all the avenues are exhausted, a true scammer will find a way to scam you if they want to unfortunately.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Set up a bid start store and just send your buyers there
Will take time,but it eventually works out.
I did well there myself.