Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
can't disagree with you. though, i do give new members with low iTrader a little more leeway with these types of threads and chalk it up to inexperience.
Im all for BO charging a Premium Membership on the forums. Make it like $200/year and weed out the novice petty stuff that envokes sketchy behaviour.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im all for BO charging a Premium Membership on the forums. Make it like $200/year and weed out the novice petty stuff that envokes sketchy behaviour.
Good Idea!!!!!
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No one would stay. Have a rule that members under 20 have to send first, and if both are, use a middleman.

This shows why I will never trade high-end, no recourse if you do get scammed.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #54 (permalink)

Dang look at all this clutter!
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

Is it just me, or does this Feedback forum seem to be populated with people with short fuses and well-fed caffeine addictions lately? OP CLEARLY states that he was looking for advice. Instead, he gets torches and pitchforks?

I'm prescribing meditation and green tea for everyone. If that is not your speed, maybe a week in Colorado, Washington, or Amsterdam?

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #56 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane View Post

*The last name that he gave me was different then the last name on the package he mailed to me.

*The address that he gave me to mail his stuff to and the address on the package were also different.

*This user lives in NYC, I told him that I wouldn't mind meeting him in a public place, maybe a card shop to meet and do the trade. He declined to do so. This was one of the options of how to complete the trade because he does have 0 feedback and we were dealing with a high-end trade. I also mentioned that we could use a MOD as a middle man or a trusted member with 100+ feedback as a middle man, he also declined and stated that we could just send to each-other.

attention. After everything is said and done, I still have my card but i'm out over $25 for shipping, dc, insurance and re-calling my package.
SWEET BABY JESUS these make my anus hurt. $25 is a small price to pay on keeping your items on a "High End" trade.

Don't make threads like this unless you want to name the other member. Makes no sense.

If you received a damamged mailer it should have come with some USPS "Oops" sticker on it. I have never received a damaged mailer without one.

Did you take a pic of the mailer? Seems silly if you didn't since you made damn sure to recall your item ASAP.

You didn't seem to have any board conversations with anyone about a high end trade so that's a dead end.

Post the name and let the madness end.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
If you received a damamged mailer it should have come with some USPS "Oops" sticker on it. I have never received a damaged mailer without one.
Actually, I've gotten 2 like that in the past month, with no sticker or anything. One was a PWE that was cleanly slit along one end, and one was a padded mailer that was more holes than actual mailer by the time it was delivered. Both items were fine, though.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
What was the date on the package he sent out?
Date accepted was 4/8/13
Scheduled date of delivery 4/9/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Was there any USPS maring on the opened mailer? Was it in a bag or anything?
It was in a bag which looked like it was used to clean an extremely filthy floor. Inside of that was another package which had a clean tare that was taped.

Quote:
You should make the members name public so the rest of us can be on alert for future dealings. With holding the name is useless for the rest of us.
Listen, I understand that you want me to reveal the users name. I'm not ready to put the noose around his neck yet. I was only looking for ADVICE on what steps I could take and what I should do. Yes, there were signs resulting that this was done in-fact on his end but I would still like to hear what he has to say before I just kick him to the wolves. Here in 'MERICA, your innocent until proven guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
OP, the guy's first name didn't happen to be Rob or Robert, did it?
No, both names he gave me each time were Anthony but with a different last name.

*I also would like to say, to those members who helped that I do appreciate the help. As you could see, I was only looking for ADVICE on what to do. I sent a PM to one of the Mod's and i'm just awaiting a response. I also called my post office but the person that I have to speak with is at lunch. I understand that I didn't loose anything in this trade (besides time and money spent shipping/re-calling).

The reason why i'm going into depth on this is because I would like to find out if this member was intentionally trying to scam me or if something happened in transit. I will keep this post updated and will reveal the members name after a few more PM'S either way.
SugarShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:

Listen, I understand that you want me to reveal the users name. I'm not ready to put the noose around his neck yet. I was only looking for ADVICE on what steps I could take and what I should do. Yes, there were signs resulting that this was done in-fact on his end but I would still like to hear what he has to say before I just kick him to the wolves. Here in 'MERICA, your innocent until proven guilty.
New Guy 1
J E L L O 0
Old 04-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

So if he is innocent until proven guilty, then why recall your package? Its pretty apparent that you yourself deemed him guilty by recalling your package instantly after seeing the package. Maybe you need to take your own advice before pesecuting other for theirs.

What advice do you need? You already stopped transit on your package. If he is innocent, there was no reason to stop your package correct? Oh wait, you deemed him guilty by stopping it. Riiight!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

[QUOTE=SugarShane;4662809
*This user lives in NYC, I told him that I wouldn't mind meeting him in a public place, maybe a card shop to meet and do the trade. He declined to do so. This was one of the options of how to complete the trade because he does have 0 feedback and we were dealing with a high-end trade. I also mentioned that we could use a MOD as a middle man or a trusted member with 100+ feedback as a middle man, he also declined and stated that we could just send to each-other.

Shane[/QUOTE]

Trouble didnt find you. Ignoring the signs led you to get into trouble. The real advice you should be seeking is WHY? Why ignore the signs?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So if he is innocent until proven guilty, then why recall your package? Its pretty apparent that you yourself deemed him guilty by recalling your package instantly after seeing the package. Maybe you need to take your own advice before pesecuting other for theirs.

What advice do you need? You already stopped transit on your package. If he is innocent, there was no reason to stop your package correct? Oh wait, you deemed him guilty by stopping it. Riiight!
Can someone please tell me how to "Ignore" this member? Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Can someone please tell me how to "Ignore" this member? Thanks
User CP
Edit Ignore List
Orangejello727
Okay
Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #64 (permalink)

How about you put the person on blast so we all can block him instead. So nobody can get robbed by this guy, or attempted to!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
User CP
Edit Ignore List
Orangejello727
Okay
Thanks for your help, to user Orangejello727, I understand your trying to help. With the route that i'm taking, I feel that your advice is of no help. I'm not trying to be rude but it's only starting arguments between you and other members. Thank you though for your help, no hard feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
How about you put the person on blast so we all can block him instead. So nobody can get robbed by this guy, or attempted to!
This is what i'm going to do. I will be going to the post office to check and see what the weight was when the package was shipped. If it is different from what it was when it was signed for at my P.O. then I know it was tampered with in transit. If it is the same weight that it was when it was shipped then I will know that I was scammed. It is as simple as that, once I find this out, then I will re-lease this users name. i will be going to the P.O. shortly, is that fair?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for your help, to user Orangejello727, I understand your trying to help. With the route that i'm taking, I feel that your advice is of no help. I'm not trying to be rude but it's only starting arguments between you and other members. Thank you though for your help, no hard feelings.

This is what i'm going to do. I will be going to the post office to check and see what the weight was when the package was shipped. If it is different from what it was when it was signed for at my P.O. then I know it was tampered with in transit. If it is the same weight that it was when it was shipped then I will know that I was scammed. It is as simple as that, once I find this out, then I will re-lease this users name. i will be going to the P.O. shortly, is that fair?
Were these cards thicker cards or 35pt autos? Sorry if it was said didn't see what you were suppose to receive
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #67 (permalink)

post the user's name. he blatantly tried to rip you off. you dodged a big time bullet. next time, dont be dense/cheap and pay a few extra bucks to use an escrow/middle man.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #68 (permalink)

I am not on anyones side at all, but I do not understand why Orangejello727 always comes off so mad. The op was just asking for advice, he wanted your help. You could have nicely said what you thought and given him your opinion, but after that just let it be. He doesnt have to share the guys name, he did not make the thread to throw the guy under the bus YET, he wanted advice so he shared the whole story to give you a good idea of exactly what was happening.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
I am not on anyones side at all, but I do not understand why Orangejello727 always comes off so mad. The op was just asking for advice, he wanted your help. You could have nicely said what you thought and given him your opinion, but after that just let it be. He doesnt have to share the guys name, he did not make the thread to throw the guy under the bus YET, he wanted advice so he shared the whole story to give you a good idea of exactly what was happening.

Mad? Here is my first post....

Quote:
You should make the members name public so the rest of us can be on alert for future dealings. With holding the name is useless for the rest of us.
Explain how this is getting mad? I put it nicely to the OP to name the member he is talking about. I gave my opinion on why he should.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #70 (permalink)

My god.

When someone who's been here for less than a year with a few deals has more composure than people who've been here much longer...well...

I guess it's a lesson learned for high-end deals in the future for the OP. I have received torn and mangled packages in USPS envelopes that have the clear front so you can see what's inside. Anyway, would there really be a noticeable difference in weight whether there were cards in the magnetics or not?
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #71 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Date accepted was 4/8/13
Scheduled date of delivery 4/9/13

Was it a USPS shipping label or a paypal shipping label? If it was paypal he could have said it weighed 6 ounces when he made the label but it only weighed 2 ounces. On small packages I always put 3 ounces because it costs the same as 1 or 2 ounces.

Also you said it came in a bag. Was it one of those USPS sorry we f***ed up your mail bags?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
Was it a USPS shipping label or a paypal shipping label? If it was paypal he could have said it weighed 6 ounces when he made the label but it only weighed 2 ounces. On small packages I always put 3 ounces because it costs the same as 1 or 2 ounces.

Also you said it came in a bag. Was it one of those USPS sorry we f***ed up your mail bags?
One of these?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

jello has formally been banned
CrisCarter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #74 (permalink)

Haha alot of people getting a vacation from this thread, love it.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #75 (permalink)

PYGMY HIPPOS!!!

lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote