Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #101 (permalink)

So, a buyer can receive a package, take the card out and say it wasn't in there and then pretty much get an automatic refund? What in the hell is that? Why would anyone be that dishonest? A few bucks is worth being a terrible person, huh?

Well, whichever of you is the one being honest, hopefully the silver lining is that you aren't a piece of crap. The other guy may have a baseball card, but he sucks at everything else in life.
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
No matter what actually happened on the buyer's side ... I will say I believe JM is innocent here. That is all.
Agreed. I received a PM from the OP after my last post and I won't paste all of my reply but I included this sentance in regards to Jami - "He is a pompous ass and a blowhard but I have never heard him be accused of anything shady".

For the record, I too can be pompous and a blowhard so don't get too upset at that Jami.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #103 (permalink)

gifts don't pay bills
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post

gifts don't pay bills
dude- there are a ton of juggalos in my neighborhood right now for some concert at Bogarts (about a block or two from my house).

this fits right in.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #105 (permalink)

Looks like alot of free sex, drugs and stds in your future Andy, sorry to say.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #106 (permalink)

So if losing the ol fishing rod wasn't in the equation then you would be down. Understood.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #107 (permalink)

Hide your Faygo.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #108 (permalink)

I thought post offices weren't suppose to accept mail that looks like it might have been tampered with?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I thought post offices weren't suppose to accept mail that looks like it might have been tampered with?
They wont most of the time. I re use padded mailers from time to time. Usually when I can open them very clean, Ill re use them. Once in a while when I ship something out, the PO calls me out on it and says we cannot just set a opened and resealed mailers because it looks like it has been tampered with. Please use a new mailer. They also give the excuse that the old stamp/postage sticker is on there which could lead to a double scan or something.

This scam is done on ebay all day long. Im not saying it was done here, but its nothing new. You pay and the seller ships. If the buyer realizes there is no insurance, confirmation or signature needed, you file a claim for a sure fire refund.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
They wont most of the time. I re use padded mailers from time to time. Usually when I can open them very clean, Ill re use them. Once in a while when I ship something out, the PO calls me out on it and says we cannot just set a opened and resealed mailers because it looks like it has been tampered with. Please use a new mailer. They also give the excuse that the old stamp/postage sticker is on there which could lead to a double scan or something.

This scam is done on ebay all day long. Im not saying it was done here, but its nothing new. You pay and the seller ships. If the buyer realizes there is no insurance, confirmation or signature needed, you file a claim for a sure fire refund.
Walmart sells small manilla envelopes. 6 for $1.24. A small bubble mailer fits inside snuggly.

Put card inside old bubble, tape shut. Put bubble inside clean, new manilla, seal, clasp, and tape. Very easy to tell if it was tampered with.
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #111 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
Walmart sells small manilla envelopes. 6 for $1.24. A small bubble mailer fits inside snuggly.

Put card inside old bubble, tape shut. Put bubble inside clean, new manilla, seal, clasp, and tape. Very easy to tell if it was tampered with.
So I can buy bubble mailers brand new in bulk for less than .13 cents a piece on ebay and you want me to use an old one and then spend another +.20 cents on an envelope? Right.

As for JM, yeah I do believe you got the shaft here from the OP. He's obviously taking advantage of the used bubble mailer.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #112 (permalink)

[QUOTE=dustin9900;4776076]So I can buy bubble mailers brand new in bulk for less than .13 cents a piece on ebay and you want me to use an old one and then spend another +.20 cents on an envelope? Right.

As for JM, yeah I do believe you got the shaft here from the OP. He's obviously taking advantage of the used bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

Based on what?
Why would a guy with a 6 figure income need to rip off a guy who collects vomit for 9 bucks an hour for 100 bucks....NOt my words, so do not judge!

Last edited by sjscout; 04-27-2013 at 11:33 PM.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #113 (permalink)

[QUOTE=sjscout;4777020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
So I can buy bubble mailers brand new in bulk for less than .13 cents a piece on ebay and you want me to use an old one and then spend another +.20 cents on an envelope? Right.

As for JM, yeah I do believe you got the shaft here from the OP. He's obviously taking advantage of the used bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

Based on what?
Why would a guy with a 6 figure income need to rip off a guy who collects vomit for 9 bucks an hour for 100 bucks....NOt my words, so do not judge!
Wait...who collects vomit?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #114 (permalink)

[QUOTE=death2redemptions;4777263]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post

Wait...who collects vomit?
sorry it wasnt collect. I believe it was cleans vomit and whipes A$$es
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post

I do it as a form of recycling. Not for budget reasons. WHy not re use when you can. I do my part!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #116 (permalink)

Saw the pic of the mailer with the obvious slit or tear in it. My question is where is the plastic bag that is usually used by USPS when an item is delivered with tears or rips in it? I've a a few damaged mailers dlvd and it is always put inside one of those plastic bags.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Saw the pic of the mailer with the obvious slit or tear in it. My question is where is the plastic bag that is usually used by USPS when an item is delivered with tears or rips in it? I've a a few damaged mailers dlvd and it is always put inside one of those plastic bags.
BINGO...Good Question
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #118 (permalink)

Actually, I've received a bubble mailer that was so mangled and full of tears that there was barely enough material to hold the card inside, and it wasn't in a plastic bag. Of course, I was just happy that the card wasn't damaged.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Actually, I've received a bubble mailer that was so mangled and full of tears that there was barely enough material to hold the card inside, and it wasn't in a plastic bag. Of course, I was just happy that the card wasn't damaged.
I've had something similar happen with a package I received. No plastic bag at all. Just a severely torn mailer with about half the cards missing.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
OP is getting his refund through paypal and no I did not get the card. he is sending the 8 commons back. I would say to not bother, but im sure he just wants to protect himself through paypal by making sure he sends something trackable back.
This makes me to believe that the OP is the one who cut open the package

The PO would have seen it and put it in a body bag....it's Happened to myself a few times and lucky the cards were still inside
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #121 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Hello.

We were notified and iluvfish2 contacted TarjetasBéisbol who supplied the feedback evidence of the second purchase on eBay.

Auction, purchase date, feedback... it all matches up.

Going back to my party now. Happy New Year to you all.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Hello.

We were notified and iluvfish2 contacted TarjetasBéisbol who supplied the feedback evidence of the second purchase on eBay.

Booooo, we haven't had a good mob attack around here in some time. As much as I'm glad to hear that another long time member hasn't fallen I do love me some BO drama. Shame on the mods for being so on top of this and clearing it up before it got entertaining. The map lines were pretty good though. I too was having trouble with where it was going and picking a side and that never happens.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #123 (permalink)

The card in this thread was a Harper "PITTSBURFH" error card and the card in the more recent thread is the Harper "SENATORS" card. Two totally different cards.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
So is this a bunch of speculation and nothing else?
Yes, which is why I initially only sent to the mods instead of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Hello.

I wish I had been aware that the pm was received and acted on,
rather than wondering if it was merely in the queue of "things that will get taken care of in a few days." There would have been no reason to even mention it to anybody else or ask them their opinion.

That aside, I appreicate and applaud the quick action. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
MetDude, you were so close to finally earning your BODA badge. Then POOF! It was gone. Better luck next time.

That BODA badge would have been exquisite.
but
Better to be wrong and try to do the right thing,
than to be right and do nothing.

55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #125 (permalink)

OK, how did this end up? Who posted the card on Ebay? I've read five pages about this and I need some closure.