Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Group Break Hosts - Need Your Opinion

Quick question -

If someone signs up to be part of your group break, the break fills, then goes live, and the person says they want out, do you leave any feedback for that person?

Thanks!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

not a host, but i would certainly leave negative feedback UNLESS they personally got someone to take their spot.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is posted in every break once it's approved.
This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).

If you have no Reserves/backup people waiting it certainly is grounds for a negative. At a minimum I would never let this person in another break I ran.

I actually left one the other day. But after I thought about it and balanced it against something draining in my personal life I had it removed.

I would like to think a year ago or a year from now I would still leave the negative but right now I can't say that.

And it would be an AUTOMATIC negative if I saw a sob story about not being able to afford it and then saw them spending $$ elsewhere on here.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Not that my opinion matters bc I have been the bad guy in the situation in a break or two where I don't allocate funds for a break or I don't empty my inbox enough and miss down payments.

IMO Works two ways...would it be appropriate for a host to set a payment deadline for example 1pm PST on May 16, 2013 and then at 10PM May 15, 2013 Drop a member and say they didn't think they would pay? Why set a deadline...

Also, I think the rules for GB should be tweaked that GB cant be moved to active or payments accepted when the product does not release for over a month...to me I have stuff to buy as well this was always and issue with the leaf wrestling that got pushed for several months people had $100's tied up for months waiting.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
not a host, but i would certainly leave negative feedback UNLESS they personally got someone to take their spot.
I am on board with this reasoning. It is quite frustrating to fill a break, then have people back out. But I guess part of being the host is ensuring the break is full.

I had a guy back out of 11 spots in my most recent break, two weeks after it went live. He gave me the sob story Jon mentioned below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
This is posted in every break once it's approved.
This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).

If you have no Reserves/backup people waiting it certainly is grounds for a negative. At a minimum I would never let this person in another break I ran.

I actually left one the other day. But after I thought about it and balanced it against something draining in my personal life I had it removed.

I would like to think a year ago or a year from now I would still leave the negative but right now I can't say that.

And it would be an AUTOMATIC negative if I saw a sob story about not being able to afford it and then saw them spending $$ elsewhere on here.
RefractorsETC is an example of your final point. He backed out of one slot without providing a backup, and then goes and makes a thread about asking for a partial refund cause his card was "scratched." It took everything I had not to comment in his thread about his moral soundness, knowing full well he didn't have much.

I am also a firm believer of not allowing them in future breaks. I had a huge problem with Gr8azn. Not with him backing out, but with him being shady as all heck after I shipped. He was the first on my "not allowed" list, and is now not the only one.

Chromerookies backed out of 11 slots (5% of the entire break) two weeks after we went live, and did go into a sob story about how he now can't afford it. He's really the only person I've considered leaving a neutral/negative for. and is the reason for this thread.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to what Robert puts in the "approved" post, but I believe it does give me the relative freedom and peace of mind to leave a negative where applicable. It should also protect me against a retaliatory negative...you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Not that my opinion matters bc I have been the bad guy in the situation in a break or two where I don't allocate funds for a break or I don't empty my inbox enough and miss down payments.

IMO Works two ways...would it be appropriate for a host to set a payment deadline for example 1pm PST on May 16, 2013 and then at 10PM May 15, 2013 Drop a member and say they didn't think they would pay? Why set a deadline...

Also, I think the rules for GB should be tweaked that GB cant be moved to active or payments accepted when the product does not release for over a month...to me I have stuff to buy as well this was always and issue with the leaf wrestling that got pushed for several months people had $100's tied up for months waiting.
I am on board with your concern in paragraph two. I am a man of my word, and stick by it. A deadline is a deadline, whether it's payment-related, draft date and time, break date and time, etc.

To your third paragraph, my payment deadline is always set to two weeks before a product launches. It is well-documented in the OP that the product is pre-sell, and my payment expectations are also well displayed. I won't accept payments until the 45-day PayPal window has opened, although some people will willingly send prior to, knowing they can trust me.

Last edited by tajikey; 05-15-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

i'd love your not allowed list so I can add them to my ignore list, Matty.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i'd love your not allowed list so I can add them to my ignore list, Matty.
I bolded the names above for your ignore list pleasure
Old 05-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've left one neg when the guy was the last to pay and then backed out after the payment due date. I've had others drop out prior to the due date and I've been able to find back ups so it hasn't been an issue for me. I have one break at the payment gathering stage right now that, thanks to Panini, was pushed back a couple months. What I don't understand is when people join a break that isn't going to have payments due for a couple months and then they say "sorry, I won't have the funds" even when the due date is 4-6 weeks out. Do some people get quarterly allowances?

The first time I get screwed by a participant is the last break I host.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I do not.

Here is my take:

Quote:
What about group breaks?

I wish that the iTrader had a way to add another option besides just buy, sell, or trade. If I could, I would add "group break."

So, should iTrader be left for group breaks? Absolutely.

You should leave the host iTrader once your items arrive and the host should leave you iTrader as well. If you buy, sell, or trade spots within a group break, you should also leave iTrader for those transactions as well.

If a person joins a break but then never pays, should they be left a negative? No. While you sharpen your pitchforks, let me explain why... a group break fills at it's own pace and some can fill in minutes while others may take weeks. A person may join a group break that then never fills... or may not fill for a month! In the meantime, life happens or that person just may forget. It is not intent to defraud, it is just life. (There are obvious exceptions - like if a person is on and posting yet ignores the host's PM, etc.)

Does the host have the right to leave a negative? Yes, absolutely. However, in my opinion, it is in poor form.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mariners 12 Yankees 2

yeah buddy! :-)
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

I also believe each group break should be treated as its own entity and if someone is in two of my breaks at the same time that shipping charges are reduced if I ship all the cards from multiple breaks in the same package. But I'm not a very good businessman/have ethics.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I had a rolling blacklist of dodgy group break participants that were commonly late in paying, or would bail all the time. Everytime a member like that entered a break, I would refrain from joining it.

I made the list public one time and I had to take it down after being warned. I dont understand why we cannot give our opinion on tardy members who are known to hold up breaks, not pay or bail.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I had a rolling blacklist of dodgy group break participants that were commonly late in paying, or would bail all the time. Everytime a member like that entered a break, I would refrain from joining it.

I made the list public one time and I had to take it down after being warned. I dont understand why we cannot give our opinion on tardy members who are known to hold up breaks, not pay or bail.
Yea,it does not make sense. You would think everyone would want to know who these members are so they can avoid dealing with them. But,usually someone has to get flat out ripped off before any action is taken. At least I know its not gonna be me. I have submitted to the Blowout way. Think of thy self only.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I bolded the names above for your ignore list pleasure
oh i caught them already. thought you might have had an even longer list tucked away