Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
I fully anticipate that as well lol
And BAM. What a scumbag.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #27 (permalink)

i was on the fence about throwing the guy on ignore, but after the retaliatory neg...

i mean, if the timeline was different than what the OP stated, I figure the member in question would have disputed it publicly already.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

LOL @ the neg. Here we go again.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

Stuff like this should come with a ban. No place for jokes like him on these boards.

Weed em out!
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

He left you a neg for "Deal was never finalized"? Crayon-eater. Retaliatory negs should be grounds for instant banning.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
So on 05-27-2013, at 3:07 PM I get a PM on a Paul George lot I am selling from LetsGoHawks.

He PM's me an offer of $1,200.

About 45 minutes later I counter, $1,300.

At 7:53 PM he makes a compelling argument for $1200 and at 7:59 PM I agree to his $1,200 offer giving him my PayPal address.

I keep awaiting payment, and I see that he is online every few hours. So I send a follow up PM the next morning and say that I will ship as soon as I receive payment. No response, although he was active. I then PM him later in the afternoon informing him that "If/when the Pacers win tonight, Prices may rise. I cant guarantee I will do $1200 after 8 PM this evening."

No response.

Pacers come out hot and open up a big lead against the Heat. I get a PM at 8:53 on 5/28 that says: "I'm sorry for the delay can you please PayPal invoice me to *(email addy) ill send right away"

I send an invoice less than 10 minutes later and PM him at 9:19 to inform him of such in case he didn't get the e-mail.

I have still yet to hear from him or receive payment. He has been active at various points since then and have sent multiple PM's reminding him of payment, telling him I cant hold these cards for him due to interest in them if he cant pay by 12 today. I even sent an invoice reminder via PayPal.

So here I am, do I leave a neg or a neutral? Im leaning neutral due to not experiencing anything but frustration, but at the same time...when you make an offer...then ignore for a day, then ask for an invoice and claim youll pay "right away"...then disappear but still check BO, that may or may not be crossing the line.

Opinions?

Thanks,

-Erik
So he says send me your paypal addy and he still claims the deal was not finalized

HEY MUNGO...........WHY WOULD YOU ASK ANOTHER MEMBER FOR THERE PAYPAL ADDY IF NO DEAL WAS MADE?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
So he says send me your paypal addy and he still claims the deal was not finalized

HEY MUNGO...........WHY WOULD YOU ASK ANOTHER MEMBER FOR THERE PAYPAL ADDY IF NO DEAL WAS MADE?
It wasn't finalized. No money exchanged hands. I find it funny when people say the card is not sold until the cash hits the account. If he had have sold the cards and the prospective buyer made a thread stating that he sold the cards out from under him the same people that are saying "neg him" would be in that thread saying that the cards were not sold as no money changed hands. There is way too much drama here. Should I neg this one, should I leave a neutral for that one.

Get a life people. The deal fell through, move on and sell it. The OP stated there was much interest in the cards, then sell them and stop whining about it.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
It wasn't finalized. No money exchanged hands. I find it funny when people say the card is not sold until the cash hits the account. If he had have sold the cards and the prospective buyer made a thread stating that he sold the cards out from under him the same people that are saying "neg him" would be in that thread saying that the cards were not sold as no money changed hands. There is way too much drama here. Should I neg this one, should I leave a neutral for that one.

Get a life people. The deal fell through, move on and sell it. The OP stated there was much interest in the cards, then sell them and stop whining about it.
I don't even know where to start here...

Holding a card during a playoff run when someone is saying they will take it can cost the seller HUNDREDS. When someone says "ill take it, send me an invoice", it's over....done.... deal agreed to. I don't see how this can be taken any other way.

Edit- And the retaliatory neg only further proves the buyer isn't playing with a full deck.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:

He is dead on.

The other issue is people who need to ask what feedback to leave.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I don't even know where to start here...

Holding a card during a playoff run when someone is saying they will take it can cost the seller HUNDREDS. When someone says "ill take it, send me an invoice", it's over....done.... deal agreed to. I don't see how this can be taken any other way.

Edit- And the retaliatory neg only further proves the buyer isn't playing with a full deck.
Have you seen Ebays new selling policies. If a card is listed as a BIN and that BIN is hit, the card remains for sale until said card is paid for. I will not hold any card for anyone. If someone says they want it then they should pay for it. The card will remain for sale until I have money in my PayPal account. If you don't do the same you are asking for a situation such as this.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you seen Ebays new selling policies. If a card is listed as a BIN and that BIN is hit, the card remains for sale until said card is paid for. I will not hold any card for anyone. If someone says they want it then they should pay for it. The card will remain for sale until I have money in my PayPal account. If you don't do the same you are asking for a situation such as this.
I'm not saying I don't see your point because I do. However, I do believe the buyer here, in this case, deserves the negative. He basically bought the card, and never paid for it... that's a negative experience for a seller IMO. If I were a seller, I would want to see if a potential buyer has pulled a stunt like the one this guy did. I flat out would never deal with him.

Ebay USED to be run like this site where the seller had SOME say during the transaction process and I know people that sell here exclusively because they do have the power to stand up for themselves and leave negatives when they are warranted.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
He is dead on.

1000% agree.

So many double standards going on here. Im willing to bet if this was a "popular" member, the advice being given would be, "just look past it" "its not final because paypal never exchanged hands".

The OP is making mountains out of nothing. Just like on ebay and the BST here, you keep selling till its paid for . Meaning if someone says theyll take it and give me your paypal addy, its means nothing till you get paid!! Just like on ebay, a BO or BIN is not final till the item is paid for.

Till then, the item is STILL for sale.

Why in the world would you take anyones word as gold? You should know better by now!!

Asking whether to leave a neg or not is the first sign that the OP doesnt know what he is doing. If he did, he wouldnt need to ask. This isnt a popularity contest! Its a member feedback section!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
1000% agree.

So many double standards going on here. Im willing to bet if this was a "popular" member, the advice being given would be, "just look past it" "its not final because paypal never exchanged hands".

The OP is making mountains out of nothing. Just like on ebay and the BST here, you keep selling till its paid for . Meaning if someone says theyll take it and give me your paypal addy, its means nothing till you get paid!! Just like on ebay, a BO or BIN is not final till the item is paid for.

Why in the world would you take anyones word as gold? You should know better by now!!

Asking whether to leave a neg or not is the first sign that the OP doesnt know what he is doing. If he did, he wouldnt need to ask. This isnt a popularity contest! Its a member feedback section!!
Do you have any idea how many problems there would be here if people still tried selling items AFTER someone committed to buy it? How would that even work? So you're saying after someone says "ill take it, send me an invoice", you still actively try to move the card? You are lucky you have 99% feedback if that's the way you do business.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
1000% agree.

Thank you for posting in my thread, I was hoping blowouts most adorable member would make it. I appreciate your well-thought out, logical, stable unbiased posts. I am a huge fan of your work <3

Also, I posted it in this section for opinions because there has been a lot of debate over the past few months on how things should be handled. I apologize for ruining the days of yourself, and the other valued members Gibberish and Powdered Donut Faced Avatar guy.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

So people should just be able to say "I'll take it" and then never pay? This isn't ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
He is dead on.

He is dead wrong.

Quote:
If a seller tried to keep a card for sale here after someone said "I'll take it" then the seller would get run off the site, accused of scamming, and whatever else. One of the biggest complaints about ebay is not being able to leave negs to non paying bidders. That stuff doesn't fly here. If you let one get away with it then you have to let them all get away with it.

Quote:
1000% agree.

Sorry. Can't agree with you here OJ. If Corbin said I'll take it and then never paid I would feel the same way. You can't agree to a sale and expect no reprecusions if you don't pay. It's BS that you can do it on ebay. It's even more BS that people try it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Do you have any idea how many problems there would be here if people still tried selling items AFTER someone committed to buy it? How would that even work? So you're saying after someone says "ill take it, send me an invoice", you still actively try to move the card? You are lucky you have 99% feedback if that's the way you do business.

Exactly
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for posting in my thread, I was hoping blowouts most adorable member would make it. I appreciate your well-thought out, logical, stable unbiased posts. I am a huge fan of your work <3

Also, I posted it in this section for opinions because there has been a lot of debate over the past few months on how things should be handled. I apologize for ruining the days of yourself, and the other valued members Gibberish and Powdered Donut Faced Avatar guy.

It's ok man, you did not ruin my day. I posses the skills to comprehend a situation and address it appropriately, like leaving feedback.

I am sorry you felt my post was not what you wanted to hear. That happens when people see other's crying over not collecting on a sale and taking it to the "mob" for justice, the proverbial "Defend my petty action I am wanting to take" approach

Have a good weekend, I think the burgers are burning on the grill so I must dash before the wife starts accusing me of intentionally over cooking them
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

If "send me a paypal invoice and I will pay right away" does not mean a deal was made then please explain to me what it means. I am open minded about things and I am more then willing to listen.

Why would this buyer need the sellers paypal addy if no deal was made. I can see if the seller sent it to him before an agreement was made but thats not the case here.

The buyer asked for his paypal so he could send payment. He did not keep his word and send the agreed upon payment. That is a textbook negative.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
So people should just be able to say "I'll take it" and then never pay? This isn't ebay.

He is dead wrong.

If a seller tried to keep a card for sale here after someone said "I'll take it" then the seller would get run off the site, accused of scamming, and whatever else. One of the biggest complaints about ebay is not being able to leave negs to non paying bidders. That stuff doesn't fly here. If you let one get away with it then you have to let them all get away with it.

Sorry. Can't agree with you here OJ. If Corbin said I'll take it and then never paid I would feel the same way. You can't agree to a sale and expect no reprecusions if you don't pay. It's BS that you can do it on ebay. It's even more BS that people try it here.

Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
If "send me a paypal invoice and I will pay right away" does not mean a deal was made then please explain to me what it means. I am open minded about things and I am more then willing to listen.

Why would this buyer need the sellers paypal addy if no deal was made. I can see if the seller sent it to him before an agreement was made but thats not the case here.

The buyer asked for his paypal so he could send payment. He did not keep his word and send the agreed upon payment. That is a textbook negative.
You will never understand because as usual you only read half of what I wrote or are only getting out of it what you want to get out of it.

If he had have sold the card to someone else all of you would, without a doubt be on the other side of the fence saying it wasn't a deal because the money was not sent.

As usual, someone who doesn't agree with you is wrong.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
You will never understand because as usual you only read half of what I wrote or are only getting out of it what you want to get out of it.

If he had have sold the card to someone else all of you would, without a doubt be on the other side of the fence saying it wasn't a deal because the money was not sent.

incorrect. If the "buyer" had paid even within the next 24 hours then the seller would've been wrong for selling out from underneath him. Seller should give ample time for payment, but 7 days is way more than plenty.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #45 (permalink)

I did some searching and according to this thread you are correct in how the OP should react to this situation. If this is how the forum is going to run as far as feedback then it should be in the terms that a new member is supposed to be reading when they join.

I still stand by the way I feel the situation should be handled but as a mature adult I can acknowledge when I may be wrong if a large percent of the forum feel leaving a neg or neutral is proper.

Transaction & Feedback Guide: When is it appropriate to leave a negative?
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
incorrect. If the "buyer" had paid even within the next 24 hours then the seller would've been wrong for selling out from underneath him. Seller should give ample time for payment, but 7 days is way more than plenty.
That's what you say but I have personally seen several threads stating the opposite.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 06-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Since you think its a binding agreement because he asked you for your paypal addy and didnt get paid, take him to court and see how it pans out. Then come back and let us know just how much emphasis one should put in someones spoken words over a spec transaction that is committed over asking for your paypal address.

You posted in the feedback section and a few of us didnt give you the answer you were looking for to justify a negative to the buyer so you start slinging mud. Im sorry, I wont fall for it again and have you go running to a mod to have me suspended. I gave you my opinion on the matter and it seems like you cant handle it.

The buy should have just paid and accepted the item. Then asked for a refund through paypal because he was not happy with the product. THat would justify it better for someone like you.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:

I never said you were wrong. I dont think anyone is wrong in this matter because everything that everyone is stating is nothing more then there personal opinion. I feel its an agreed upon deal if someone asks you for your paypal addy, I mean why else would they ask for it? You feel its not an agreed upon deal until money exchanges hands. And thats ok as well. You have your opinion and I have mine. Nothing more,nothing less.

I feel sellers should have the right to make an INFORMED decision on who they want to deal with. If negatives were not given to people who did not pay then how is someone to know what a person is capable of doing? Thats what feedback is for. To show the buying,trading and selling habits of the members on this forum. Even Ebay gives out non-paying bidder strikes to people who dont pay.

A Trade manager would remove personal opinions from the equation and this ongoing debate could be put to rest. The solution to this problem could not be any easier to solve.

Last edited by cking; 06-01-2013 at 12:43 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #49 (permalink)

It seems we have yet to be informed of ONE valid reason as to why we have yet to implement a trade manager.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
It seems we have yet to be informed of ONE valid reason as to why we have yet to implement a trade manager.
Because of the mentality of a lot of people on these boards.
"You made THAT trade? You got robbed man."
And then queue even more backing out of deals.