Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
It seems we have yet to be informed of ONE valid reason as to why we have yet to implement a trade manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Because of the mentality of a lot of people on these boards.
"You made THAT trade? You got robbed man."
And then queue even more backing out of deals.
I figure it's pretty easy to set it up so that it allows transaction details to be viewable only by the members involved, as well as mods.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Because of the mentality of a lot of people on these boards.
"You made THAT trade? You got robbed man."
And then queue even more backing out of deals.
Like Jeg said up above,make it private. Only parties involved in the trade,mods and admins can see it. And once both parties click the "agree to deal" tab it auto locks so no changes can be made by either party involved in the trade. So easy...

Last edited by cking; 06-01-2013 at 05:09 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Since you think its a binding agreement because he asked you for your paypal addy and didnt get paid, take him to court and see how it pans out. Then come back and let us know just how much emphasis one should put in someones spoken words over a spec transaction that is committed over asking for your paypal address.

You posted in the feedback section and a few of us didnt give you the answer you were looking for to justify a negative to the buyer so you start slinging mud. Im sorry, I wont fall for it again and have you go running to a mod to have me suspended. I gave you my opinion on the matter and it seems like you cant handle it.

The buy should have just paid and accepted the item. Then asked for a refund through paypal because he was not happy with the product. THat would justify it better for someone like you.
I feel like you're missing an important detail, he asked for a PayPal invoice and claimed he would pay "right away". Making an offer and backing out is whatever, but it went to the next level which then basically holds the cards hostage. Read my original message. Clearly I was on a rampage where I was threatening to take him to court and I was acting like a wild man, bawling my eyes out.

You and I obviously disagree on things. Not entirely sure why you think I'm out to get you, but hey ~!~!~wHaTeVz~!~!~!

The majority of the board agreed it's neg worthy. It was my first time dealing with a situation specifically like this so I asked for opinions. I'm clearly an attention-whore monster.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I never said you were wrong. I dont think anyone is wrong in this matter because everything that everyone is stating is nothing more then there personal opinion. I feel its an agreed upon deal if someone asks you for your paypal addy, I mean why else would they ask for it? You feel its not an agreed upon deal until money exchanges hands. And thats ok as well. You have your opinion and I have mine. Nothing more,nothing less.

I feel sellers should have the right to make an INFORMED decision on who they want to deal with. If negatives were not given to people who did not pay then how is someone to know what a person is capable of doing? Thats what feedback is for. To show the buying,trading and selling habits of the members on this forum. Even Ebay gives out non-paying bidder strikes to people who dont pay.

A Trade manager would remove personal opinions from the equation and this ongoing debate could be put to rest. The solution to this problem could not be any easier to solve.
Thank you for a clear, mature, informative post. If you look at the link I posted above I can see why people feel a neg or neutral should be left.

It's not the way I feel and my opinion is all I was posting. I do not believe there is a right or wrong here. I would PM the buyer and tell them that the card is for sale until I receive the payment. If they do not respond after saying I'll take it and someone wants to send payment, the card will be sold to the person that has payment ready.

If you are up front with the way you are handling the deal I see no problem either way I guess.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

There should be a list for people who leave retalitories.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
I feel like you're missing an important detail, he asked for a PayPal invoice and claimed he would pay "right away". Making an offer and backing out is whatever, but it went to the next level which then basically holds the cards hostage. Read my original message. Clearly I was on a rampage where I was threatening to take him to court and I was acting like a wild man, bawling my eyes out.

You and I obviously disagree on things. Not entirely sure why you think I'm out to get you, but hey ~!~!~wHaTeVz~!~!~!

The majority of the board agreed it's neg worthy. It was my first time dealing with a situation specifically like this so I asked for opinions. I'm clearly an attention-whore monster.

Say I walk into my LCS and he has a box of 13 Bowman jumbo sitting there for $200. I tell the owner, let me go hit up the bank machine for some cash and ill come back to buy it. So he puts its aside. I never come back or I do come back and say I no longer want it. What can the LCS owner do to me? Call the cops and force me to pay? Arrest me? Take me the court? What legal binding agreement would stand up in any court of law to a retail purchase based on me saying "Yea my intentions are to buy and pay for it" but don't?

Ebay, BST and retail all work the same way. Sufficient time for payment should be apart of the transaction. Meaning when you sold the lot for $1200 you could have just saved yourself the headache by saying $1200 to this paypal addy. If I dont hear from you in the next 4 hrs, its back up for sale! Pretty straight forward and simple. That little addendum would have solved every issue you are facing now.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #57 (permalink)

There's no more issue. His neg stands, the mods cleared mine. I think that clarifies the situation.

Don't know why you're taking it the court route, that seems a bit extreme lol. Again read the original post. At no point did I throw a hissy or pretend my life was ruined. I appreciate your opinion, I honestly do. Varying perspectives is how we grow.

I would have shrugged it off if he made an offer and then didnt pay. I've had that happen dozens of times. It's the send the invoice part that got me.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #58 (permalink)

No brainier neg. one whiff write it off, but twice...

Just give me a heads up, I'll crap the booze out, have a mint, good to go.
davidsemo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #59 (permalink)

He's going to run you out of his store next time you come in especially if someone else asked for it and he said it was sold. Now it sits on his shelf until someone else comes in and wants it and with the way product is released these days that could take awhile.

Quote:
Say I walk into my LCS and he has a box of 13 Bowman jumbo sitting there for $200. I tell the owner, let me go hit up the bank machine for some cash and ill come back to buy it. So he puts its aside. I never come back or I do come back and say I no longer want it. What can the LCS owner do to me? Call the cops and force me to pay? Arrest me? Take me the court? What legal binding agreement would stand up in any court of law to a retail purchase based on me saying "Yea my intentions are to buy and pay for it" but don't?

Ebay, BST and retail all work the same way. Sufficient time for payment should be apart of the transaction. Meaning when you sold the lot for $1200 you could have just saved yourself the headache by saying $1200 to this paypal addy. If I dont hear from you in the next 4 hrs, its back up for sale! Pretty straight forward and simple. That little addendum would have solved every issue you are facing now.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
He's going to run you out of his store next time you come in especially if someone else asked for it and he said it was sold. Now it sits on his shelf until someone else comes in and wants it and with the way product is released these days that could take awhile.
Yup. We're not talking a court of law here. We're saying common decency should be expected. Had he not come back with the second message asking for an invoice saying literally "send me an invoice. I'll pay right away" then maybe I would say neutral or nothing at all.

The second message is what made the neg justified.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:

Can the cops? No. Sue you in common claims court? Absolutely. What you did there is something called promissory estoppel.

It doesn't require a contract.
(1) There was a promise [I'll be back in an hour and will buy them]
(2) It was foreseeable on your part the promise would be relied on [the seller would hold the boxes for you]
(3) There was detrimental reliance [seller put the items aside and removed them from market]
(4) The reliance was reasonable [it's understood given the factual scenario that you would return]

Now, the only defense is that the seller has a duty to mitigate. As in, if the seller could sell the boxes to somebody else in a reasonable amount of time, there would be no suit.

However, in a fast changing market, this is not always possible. If the Pacers get bumped from the playoffs, and the George market immediately cools down (which is probably what will happen) then Sikkaden will not be able to get $1200 for the George lot. Technically speaking, there would be a claim for damages. If Sikkaden, having taken reasonable steps to sell the lot at market only gets $900 tomorrow, there would be an actionable suit against LetsGoHawks for breach of contract to the amount of $300.

Now, we all know nobody is going to bring a suit for $300 when it entails crossing hundreds of zip codes and probably more than a couple state borders. That's the whole point of having the feedback system. If this doesn't qualify for a negative, then its a sorry state of things.
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
Can the cops? No. Sue you in common claims court? Absolutely. What you did there is something called promissory estoppel.

It doesn't require a contract.
(1) There was a promise [I'll be back in an hour and will buy them]
(2) It was foreseeable on your part the promise would be relied on [the seller would hold the boxes for you]
(3) There was detrimental reliance [seller put the items aside and removed them from market]
(4) The reliance was reasonable [it's understood given the factual scenario that you would return]

Now, the only defense is that the seller has a duty to mitigate. As in, if the seller could sell the boxes to somebody else in a reasonable amount of time, there would be no suit.

However, in a fast changing market, this is not always possible. If the Pacers get bumped from the playoffs, and the George market immediately cools down (which is probably what will happen) then Sikkaden will not be able to get $1200 for the George lot. Technically speaking, there would be a claim for damages. If Sikkaden, having taken reasonable steps to sell the lot at market only gets $900 tomorrow, there would be an actionable suit against LetsGoHawks for breach of contract to the amount of $300.

Now, we all know nobody is going to bring a suit for $300 when it entails crossing hundreds of zip codes and probably more than a couple state borders. That's the whole point of having the feedback system. If this doesn't qualify for a negative, then its a sorry state of things.
It became a sorry state of affairs when ppl who re neg in deals get a free pass while others get negged. The double standard is unreal around here!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #63 (permalink)

trade manager needed

hello
Old 06-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
It became a sorry state of affairs when ppl who re neg in deals get a free pass while others get negged. The double standard is unreal around here!
why don't you just quit dancing around the issue and come out and say what really has you bothered. I would love to see what situation specifically has you up in a tizzy over a double standard.

as for this situation, it's neg worthy without a doubt whomever was the perp. If Grant or Crystal or Corbin or Eric or anybody did it, they'd be getting the same treatment.

i think the key here is, that no "popular member" would do this because you don't get popular by pulling stunts like this. You get popular by being a good buyer/seller/trader and treating people with respect (at least during transactions). I wouldn't do something like this. Grant wouldn't, nor Crystal or Corbin or anybody else I consider awesome. because we know what the proper way to carry ourselves in an internet transaction looks like.

edit to add:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I can't believe we actually agreed on something

But seriously OJ, in the situation you posited, this is exactly what the LCS owner would do. You'd probably be put on a DNS list and wouldn't be allowed to buy anything at all (if they are really pissed) or at least have to pay cash immediately. Pretty much like putting somebody on ignore here.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 06-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
why don't you just quit dancing around the issue and come out and say what really has you bothered. I would love to see what situation specifically has you up in a tizzy over a double standard.

as for this situation, it's neg worthy without a doubt whomever was the perp. If Grant or Crystal or Corbin or Eric or anybody did it, they'd be getting the same treatment.

i think the key here is, that no "popular member" would do this because you don't get popular by pulling stunts like this. You get popular by being a good buyer/seller/trader and treating people with respect (at least during transactions). I wouldn't do something like this. Grant wouldn't, nor Crystal or Corbin or anybody else I consider awesome. because we know what the proper way to carry ourselves in an internet transaction looks like.

edit to add:

But seriously OJ, in the situation you posited, this is exactly what the LCS owner would do. You'd probably be put on a DNS list and wouldn't be allowed to buy anything at all (if they are really pissed) or at least have to pay cash immediately. Pretty much like putting somebody on ignore here.
I totally agree with everything you said. I know someone that is on this forum that is not allowed to buy from the LCS I go to because he asked for more money on a card when a deal was in place the day before. Got banned from the LCS which sucks because has best prices in the area.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Shneriously?? Just because its not illegal does NOT mean it is not immoral. You guys saying no neg shoud be left are a fakking joke. Your LCS owner may not be able to call the cops or some other such nonsense on you. But he can tell you to ge the hell out of his shop and never come back and warn other customers of the type of unscrupulous person you are. Here where we rely on the feedback system rather than word of mouth is the way we do that. So y'all can get off your high horses and save me some trouble and kick yourself in the face.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
It seems we have yet to be informed of ONE valid reason as to why we have yet to implement a trade manager.
How would a trade manager have made this clusterpoop any different.

A TM would say Member X sells Member Y for Z amount. They both sign off on it and Member Y does not send payment.

Then Member X is OM to leave a negative?

Same thing as now without the fance software.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

A TM would say Member X sells Member Y for Z amount. They both sign off on it and Member Y does not send payment.

and that just drills a hole right through the TM argument

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #69 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

Prognosis....Negative
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

With a trade manager there could be no disputing the fact that a deal was agreed upon. Once you click the "agree to deal" tab you have made a deal. It would remove personal opinion from the equation. I.E-Some people feel its a deal when paypal addys are exchanged...Others say its not a deal unless money actually changes hands. That would no longer be an issue.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #71 (permalink)

This thread is a joke. Especially with cking with all the enlarged caps and coloring. Get a life old lady.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
This thread is a joke. Especially with cking with all the enlarged caps and coloring. Get a life old lady.

-1,000,000,000,000. smdh at these kids these days.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post

edit to add:

I actually agree with you on a few things I just dont post when I do lol A way to keep it entertaining lol
Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Every post I see by you is trolling. How bout adding something useful for a change?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Use the ignore feature if you dont like my posts. Have a nice day.