Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Neutral Or Neg?: Blowout Member LetsGoHawks

So on 05-27-2013, at 3:07 PM I get a PM on a Paul George lot I am selling from LetsGoHawks.

He PM's me an offer of $1,200.

About 45 minutes later I counter, $1,300.

At 7:53 PM he makes a compelling argument for $1200 and at 7:59 PM I agree to his $1,200 offer giving him my PayPal address.

I keep awaiting payment, and I see that he is online every few hours. So I send a follow up PM the next morning and say that I will ship as soon as I receive payment. No response, although he was active. I then PM him later in the afternoon informing him that "If/when the Pacers win tonight, Prices may rise. I cant guarantee I will do $1200 after 8 PM this evening."

No response.

Pacers come out hot and open up a big lead against the Heat. I get a PM at 8:53 on 5/28 that says: "I'm sorry for the delay can you please PayPal invoice me to *(email addy) ill send right away"

I send an invoice less than 10 minutes later and PM him at 9:19 to inform him of such in case he didn't get the e-mail.

I have still yet to hear from him or receive payment. He has been active at various points since then and have sent multiple PM's reminding him of payment, telling him I cant hold these cards for him due to interest in them if he cant pay by 12 today. I even sent an invoice reminder via PayPal.

So here I am, do I leave a neg or a neutral? Im leaning neutral due to not experiencing anything but frustration, but at the same time...when you make an offer...then ignore for a day, then ask for an invoice and claim youll pay "right away"...then disappear but still check BO, that may or may not be crossing the line.

Opinions?

Thanks,

-Erik
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Give him atleast 7 days to pay then Neg him I found it easier when the non payer complains if you give him ample time he doesn't have an argument when he reports the neg. I gave AddisonRussell 3 weeks and he never paid I left neg less then 24 hrs later I was contacted by mod about it... pm's supported the deal and he never paid. Theres another member about to get it also for offering $ for my Wandy Silva relic auto and its been almost a week
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Give him atleast 7 days to pay then Neg him I found it easier when the non payer complains if you give him ample time he doesn't have an argument when he reports the neg. I gave AddisonRussell 3 weeks and he never paid I left neg less then 24 hrs later I was contacted by mod about it... pm's supported the deal and he never paid. Theres another member about to get it also for offering $ for my Wandy Silva relic auto and its been almost a week
I would normally go longer than 7 days for payment (although I believe if you commit to buy something you should pay immediately) but due to Paul George's stuff rising every day, I cant afford to tie it all up awaiting someone who has shown no indication of willingness to pay me.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
So Pacers come out hot and open up a big lead against the Heat. I get a PM at 8:53 on 5/28 that says: "I'm sorry for the delay can you please PayPal invoice me to *(email addy) ill send right away"

I send an invoice less than 10 minutes later and PM him at 9:19 to inform him of such in case he didn't get the e-mail.
I would leave a negative saying he obviously has no clue what "I'll send right away" means

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

The 2nd response becomes a negative.

If he had just never replied then I'd chalk it up to Blowout in general and just leave a neutral for wasting your time.

Replying a 2nd time, saying he'll send right away, gets the negative because clearly he's been ignoring you wasting more and more time. Probably waiting to see how long he can stretch you out and what George prices do.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Neutral for now...to see how it plays out. A Neg can always follow if he really does not follow through.

But I'd also Neg him for being a Hawks fan... LOL j/k

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

if you don't get paid, negative. at this point your cards are being held up while you wait for him to get off the pot. cards you could be selling. Imagine what he'd say if you sold to somebody else while he piddled around.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would neg but then again I'm just in the mood to neg somebody.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I would neg but then again I'm just in the mood to neg somebody.
LOL

I agree. The 2nd PM is what pushed it over the edge. Just waiting to see if anyone is the voice of neutral...which is usually my role.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I would leave a negative saying he obviously has no clue what "I'll send right away" means
Ding ding ding.

The 2nd pm saying send the invoice deserves the neg.

I wouldnt wait 7 days for payment. This isnt ebay. Dude is on BO. If he needed time to pay, keep the communication.

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

If you ask this question to neg or not neg???? Its neg worthy
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Was this experience a negative experience for you? Or just an "eh" experience for you. Answer that question and you got your answer. Personally I would say negative, but thats just me.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarka3 View Post
if you don't get paid, negative. At this point your cards are being held up while you wait for him to get off the pot. Cards you could be selling. Imagine what he'd say if you sold to somebody else while he piddled around.
Perfectly said. This is what people who dont pay in a timely manner do to sellers. You cost them time and money. So now if this seller gets another offer from someone he knows will pay right now, he has to say no because if he sells it out from the other guy he is gonna get negged. So now he is stuck waiting and hoping this other clown comes thru. Thats bs. I would tell him to stick it where the sun dont shine and drop a neg on him so fast he wont know what hit him.
Lock your windows and doors. A group of Penguins have been committing home invasions.Yes, thats right, I said Penguins. They are armed and considered extremely dangerous. You have been warned---God Bless--I like turtles--Is an horse a athlete?
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Perfectly said. This is what people who dont pay in a timely manner do to sellers. You cost them time and money. So now if this seller gets another offer from someone he knows will pay right now, he has to say no because if he sells it out from the other guy he is gonna get negged. So now he is stuck waiting and hoping this other clown comes thru. Thats bs. I would tell him to stick it where the sun dont shine and drop a neg on him so fast he wont know what hit him.
Why is your font bold and in a different color? lol

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Ding ding ding.

The 2nd pm saying send the invoice deserves the neg.

I wouldnt wait 7 days for payment. This isnt ebay. Dude is on BO. If he needed time to pay, keep the communication.

100% agree. Dude waits till Pacers are on fire and then says "hey, invoice me", then disappears AGAIN....that's a neg for sure.

And 7days from some of you? If you ask me ahead of time, fine, I'll work something out with you no problem. But this ain't ebay. Ebay allows it so I'll deal with it on ebay without much gripe. If you say I'll take it on here then you better inform me ahead of time that it will be a couple days, or pay within the next 24 hours. Communication is expected on the forums. Our word is all we have.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
100% agree. Dude waits till Pacers are on fire and then says "hey, invoice me", then disappears AGAIN....that's a neg for sure.

And 7days from some of you? If you ask me ahead of time, fine, I'll work something out with you no problem. But this ain't ebay. Ebay allows it so I'll deal with it on ebay without much gripe. If you say I'll take it on here then you better inform me ahead of time that it will be a couple days, or pay within the next 24 hours. Communication is expected on the forums. Our word is all we have.
I agree. When I make a sales thread here, unless other arrangements are made ahead of time I expect to be paid when I hear the words "I will take it". Not 7 days after someone says they will take something. Thats why I put it in big bold letters in every sales thread I make. Most people are very cooperative. You will run into a slow payer from time to time on here but for the most part there is not any problems.
Lock your windows and doors. A group of Penguins have been committing home invasions.Yes, thats right, I said Penguins. They are armed and considered extremely dangerous. You have been warned---God Bless--I like turtles--Is an horse a athlete?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Negative, no question. Can't even fathom how people can advocate a neutral here.

He asked for the invoice and has ignored you, given that he was active since then. He has strung you along and deserves to have a consequence for it.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #18 (permalink)

Buyer probably wised up and realized he was overpaying.

That being said, he still agreed to a purchase, and thus deserves a neg.

In Las Vegas December 24th through 29th. Any deals completed during this period will not ship until Tuesday the 30th.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

I would have already negged him by now.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I would have already negged him by now.
I would have negged him, un-negged him and then re-negged him again by now. But thats just me.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I would have negged him, un-negged him and then re-negged him again by now. But thats just me.
Your style is like none other.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

Neg has been left. Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
Buyer probably wised up and realized he was overpaying.

That being said, he still agreed to a purchase, and thus deserves a neg.
Actually it was a really fair price. He made the offer then 30 hours later wanted an invoice.

I appreciate the response though. I don't usually get such cool, knowledgeable people in my thread. It's really an honor.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Keep all your PMs and have all your stuff ready to send to and explain to a mod... as it's almost a guarantee you'll get a retaliatory neg sent back at you....

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tYEwREEEk13 View Post
Keep all your PMs and have all your stuff ready to send to and explain to a mod... as it's almost a guarantee you'll get a retaliatory neg sent back at you....
I fully anticipate that as well lol
Old 05-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

hope it works out , he bought my Aaron Rodgers Absolute gold rc auto #D /100 for $450 , deal went smooth , ??
gingerscards is online now   Reply With Quote