Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,754
Default less then a month 3 non payers...on BLOWOUT

Since May 8th, I have had 4 non payers. While I have left Negs for two I am borderline leaving a third.

May 8th, I was contacted by Addisonrussell about purchasing my Renato Nunez autos that were just released. We agreed on a price, exchanged info and he said he would pay once he was out of work in a few hours...that was almost a month now. I left him a negative and wouldn't you know it I get a PM from a mod be addisonrussell was upset with the neg...maybe he will pay next time.

May 24th, I was contacted by a semi new member using the name NikkiO, they offered $ for my 2012 Topps Finest Wandy Silva Jumbo Relic Auto again we exchanged info, waited 10 days messaged them several times seen they had posted elsewhere on the forum so I neg'd and blocked them.

June 3rd, I was contacted by member Bruins in the middle of the night (1am) offering $80 for my pair of Addison Russell's I replied when I woke up and gave my paypal addy and a few hours later I get a message that they changed their mind and spent the money else where... I am prob going to neutral them for offering then once seeing I would accept they backed out.

June 6th, I posted a Yasiel Puig Top 100 in the BST area for $25. Member Kingah posted that he would take it so I pm'd him my info waited a day or two and he did not pay. I pm'd him as a kindly reminder and he said he would send it right over, nothing ever came. Card was resold and he was Neg'd.

Guess no one reads my Signature anymore...

Id love to see who else has some non-payers...

Last edited by Srt42004n; 06-12-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,426
Default

It's happening with buying/trading as well. I have sent messages inquiring to several forum members who started for sale/trade threads and received no reply at all! And NO I haven't low balled any of them!
Hallco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,754
Default

Another Non Payer- Kingah.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,653
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

I've had this happen once with a member. Already posted a thread about it so I'm not gonna keep putting the dude on blast.

Most of the stuff sold here is "hot." And "hot" cards are obviously part of a volatile market. This is an unavoidable aspect of life on the BO forums. Not gonna stop here and sure as hell not gonna stop on ebay.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
I've had this happen once with a member. Already posted a thread about it so I'm not gonna keep putting the dude on blast.

Most of the stuff sold here is "hot." And "hot" cards are obviously part of a volatile market. This is an unavoidable aspect of life on the BO forums. Not gonna stop here and sure as hell not gonna stop on ebay.
Yea but hot card or not making a deal and backing out around here has become the norm
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Dont take offense to this as this is a general comment....

I think too many sellers are hard up on taking a verbal commitment to buy as a word of stone. If you simply consider your card for sale until paypal payment is made, it would definately clear that line between a card for sale and a card sold.

I personally dont consider a card sold untill payment is made. Thus its for sale and up for sale till its paid for. If someone tells me they will take it but doesnt pay, I just sell it to the next guy. If that person complains that I didnt give them time to pay, I have no issues as I choose whom I sell cards to.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,653
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Yea but hot card or not making a deal and backing out around here has become the norm
Well, since transactions here are basically made in a contractual vacuum with no real consequences, it can't stop won't stop...rocafella
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Dont take offense to this as this is a general comment....

I think too many sellers are hard up on taking a verbal commitment to buy as a word of stone. If you simply consider your card for sale until paypal payment is made, it would definately clear that line between a card for sale and a card sold.

I personally dont consider a card sold untill payment is made. Thus its for sale and up for sale till its paid for. If someone tells me they will take it but doesnt pay, I just sell it to the next guy. If that person complains that I didnt give them time to pay, I have no issues as I choose whom I sell cards to.
Lets not get this all started again.... the definition of "SOLD" is very subjective from person to person. Again, to counter your argument: if someone told me he is buying a card of mine and before the payment hits, I sold it to someone else after I said it was sold to him...then I would blasted for doing such thing...

I am old fashion and if you said you want the card then you "BOUGHT" it... simple as that... I will not tried to resell the card before payment is made, and I expect your payment to be made...

Maybe everyone should post what their definition of "sold" in their sig to avoid all the quote unquote misunderstanding....
__________________
I collect: Sammy Watkins, Taj Boyd, DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Ellington, Dwayne Allen, Andre Branch, Brandon Thompson, D'Quan Bowers, Jamie Harper, David Wilson (NO MORE sigh)
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,653
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Lets not get this all started again.... the definition of "SOLD" is very subjective from person to person. Again, to counter your argument: if someone told me he is buying a card of mine and before the payment hits, I sold it to someone else after I said it was sold to him...then I would blasted for doing such thing...

I am old fashion and if you said you want the card then you "BOUGHT" it... simple as that... I will not tried to resell the card before payment is made, and I expect your payment to be made...

Maybe everyone should post what their definition of "sold" in their sig to avoid all the quote unquote misunderstanding....
Maybe BO should post a unanimous and standard definition for when a card is "sold."
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Lets not get this all started again.... the definition of "SOLD" is very subjective from person to person. Again, to counter your argument: if someone told me he is buying a card of mine and before the payment hits, I sold it to someone else after I said it was sold to him...then I would blasted for doing such thing...

I am old fashion and if you said you want the card then you "BOUGHT" it... simple as that... I will not tried to resell the card before payment is made, and I expect your payment to be made...

Maybe everyone should post what their definition of "sold" in their sig to avoid all the quote unquote misunderstanding....
Just note it. Why is that asking for too much? You as a seller should be stipulating the conditions on under which you sell your items. If you wish to avoid this situation then state them. Define the criteria and you wont have issues.

If you give sufficient time to pay after someone offers to purchase the card and they dont pay, you put it back up for sale or accept the next offer. Why sit around straggle over a verbale acceptance when you can continue to do business. No one in their right minds is going to turn on you for selling a card to someone else after another person offers to buy it.

Please note that it is not up to the buyer to accept the transaction. Its up to the seller to accept it. When I sell something, I choose who I want to sell it to. I dictate how I get paid, when I get paid and how much I get paid. Not the buyer. With that in mind, if a seller controls the situation on whom they sell to and how they sell variant on conditions, you wont have issues.

As a seller, state your conditions and stipulations. If not, you are asking for fence sitting on payments. Personally a card is no sold and available for sale so as long as I (The seller) say so!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,053
Default

Remember it's a slippery slope because using your standard I should have left you a negative feedback for not paying for the last group break of mine you entered and didn't pay. Though you did PM me 2 or so days later saying you missed my PM.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,653
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Remember it's a slippery slope because using your standard I should have left you a negative feedback for not paying for the last group break of mine you entered and didn't pay. Though you did PM me 2 or so days later saying you missed my PM.
this just got critical
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Remember it's a slippery slope because using your standard I should have left you a negative feedback for not paying for the last group break of mine you entered and didn't pay. Though you did PM me 2 or so days later saying you missed my PM.
We're talking 6-30 days not 24-48 hrs... I messaged you to find out if I could send payment or if it was too late...I didn't ignore I reached out to you to send the $10.

Wasn't this during the same time frame blowout was having issues with the notifications?

Last edited by Srt42004n; 06-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 10,001
Default

kingah is too busy beating up GSP.
__________________
If you give Panini business you deserve what you get
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 7,361
Default

What do you mean when is enough enough ?
You are leaving feedback..there is a reason we don;t just have green feedback...
The feedback reflects the chance at bad deals or semi-unfavorable deals.

Move along
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 10,001
Default

I had someone reply to my thread the other day, again they asked me, I did not ask them,about a trade. I send a pm saying ok lets try and do a trade..................no response. Why come in my thread and ask about a trade for one of my cards and then dont respond to my pm..I dont get that. Even if they changed there mind and did not wanna trade anymore.A simple no thanks would be appreciated. I go out of my way all the time for members here. Send free cards and dont even get a thank you. When I pay for something I will pay the fee so they dont have to eat it, without being asked too pay it and dont even get a thanks. I bought a card from someone here 10 days ago..........no card still, but they sure wanted instant payment. I bought cards from RonLabo on sunday... I already have those cards. I wish all members were as appreciative of your business as he is.
__________________
If you give Panini business you deserve what you get
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 7,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I had someone reply to my thread the other day, again they asked me, I did not ask them,about a trade. I send a pm saying ok lets try and do a trade..................no response. Why come in my thread and ask about a trade for one of my cards and then dont respond to my pm..I dont get that. Even if they changed there mind and did not wanna trade anymore.A simple no thanks would be appreciated. I go out of my way all the time for members here. Send free cards and dont even get a thank you. When I pay for something I will pay the fee so they dont have to eat it, without being asked too pay it and dont even get a thanks. I bought a card from someone here 10 days ago..........no card still, but they sure wanted instant payment. I bought cards from RonLabo on sunday... I already have those cards. I wish all members were as appreciative of your business as he is.

If you feel you need a thanks, then you are fishing and really need to re-asse your reasons.
Being nice is something someone does because they want to,regardless of how the other person lives their life
Be the example, not the person trying to live up to it and stop worry about people who do not thank you.

If I do something from my character and it is not appreciated, I don;t cry about it. A persons poor upbringing does not effect who I am and how I continue to handle myself
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 10,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
If you feel you need a thanks, then you are fishing and really need to re-asse your reasons.
Being nice is something someone does because they want to,regardless of how the other person lives their life
Be the example, not the person trying to live up to it and stop worry about people who do not thank you.

If I do something from my character and it is not appreciated, I don;t cry about it. A persons poor upbringing does not effect who I am and how I continue to handle myself
I was not worried about it.I was just trying to give him an example of things like this that happen on the board,thats all. Lighten up. But a thank you would be nice from time to time.Thats all. Is society so jaded that saying thank you to someone doing something nice for you is no longer the right thing to do? I do things like this out of the goodness of my heart. I know I come off like a rough neck at times but you can ask anyone that has ever actually dealt with me in a transaction and I guarantee you will get great answers across the board about what kind of person I am. I always say thank you to those that buy from me.Always.

Got some stuff for sale here!!
__________________
If you give Panini business you deserve what you get
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Kosmo Kards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Passed out in the Circus Liquor parking lot!!!!
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Dont take offense to this as this is a general comment....

I think too many sellers are hard up on taking a verbal commitment to buy as a word of stone. If you simply consider your card for sale until paypal payment is made, it would definately clear that line between a card for sale and a card sold.

I personally dont consider a card sold untill payment is made. Thus its for sale and up for sale till its paid for. If someone tells me they will take it but doesnt pay, I just sell it to the next guy. If that person complains that I didnt give them time to pay, I have no issues as I choose whom I sell cards to.
This is the approach I have been taking for a while now. The card is pending until payment has been made. The buyer get 24 hours to pay. Once the 24 hours is up, I put the card back up for sale. It takes less than one minute to pay for something via paypal.
__________________
The internet isn't for me.

Last edited by Kosmo Kards; 06-13-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.