Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
Im not going to argue with you. You messed up. Own up to it and move on. The itrader is a warning tool for other members to use.
Then use it correctly. You never mentioned he refunded you immediately. You lied in your feedback. That's why the thread was made.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Im not going to argue with you. You messed up. Own up to it and move on. The itrader is a warning tool for other members to use.
Yeah well dont go around jacking up peoples warning tools......that's all a lot of people have to go off of.....
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
But this thread is becoming a warning and tool "for other members to use" against you. It isn't coming off well. Seriously, step back and look at it. You are way way overreaching and overreacting. You are entitled to your opinion and feedback as you see fit but I just think you are wrong.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Why would a dc number even be printed then? I know i personally only print shipping labels after i have an item packed and ready to ship.
I print labels immedaitely after payment. Youwent way too a here man. You could have easily been cool about it and taken the refund. I dont see any way this is a negative experience for you. He owned is mistake and made it right. You are out nothing except $6 for 2 days. I forget more than hat in my pocket when I wash my jeans. Get over yourself man. Hopefully you never make a msitake or this will come back to bite you. Def on my do not deal with list now. Funny too beause Ive always agreed with you. What happen? Your pet rock die this morning to get so much sand in your crack???
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
While he should never have sold it without having it in hand I am sure the two days was spent scrambling to find it. You have now verified his story, added nothing new and confirmed in my opinion only that a negative was far too strong. This was an avoidable mistake but not a purposeful act of deception.

Even a neutral should not have happened. It is your decision to make but I think you are out of line. He owned the mistake, offered options and then refunded without issue when you declined the options. I would much rather deal with the OP then you just by looking at this transaction.
I agree with this, I post cards from my bucket and do not always have a card in hand since they are locked up. If I sold one and could not locate it I would do the same thing OP did and eat the loss. definitely not neg worthy IMO
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Then use it correctly. You never mentioned he refunded you immediately. You lied in your feedback. That's why the thread was made.
Quote:
But this thread is becoming a warning and tool "for other members to use" against you. It isn't coming off well. Seriously, step back and look at it. You are way way overreaching and overreacting. You are entitled to your opinion and feedback as you see fit but I just think you are wrong.
I appreciate both of you helping him understand the over reacting and just posting a neg. without thinking about it. iTrader is more than just an emotional response tool, I guess I just have to take my first neg over something silly and maybe it will impact you in the future not taking such a harsh stance agaisnt the other party if its not needed.....
Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

This is like the ref that called that moving screen on LeBron...

By letter of the law the referee should have called it. 99% of people in this would would want everything taken into context.

Time, place, situation...

Clearly, at least from a fly by view, the OP has never had this happen before. He offered either full refund or a replacement item. He didn't wait a month to do so. You immediately got a refund since you didn't want another item.

This isn't a transgression that is factored on to previous transgressions unless the OP has some I'm unaware of.

These things actually do happen where a card is lost, traded previously and forgotten about, left at the office and misplaced...

Neutral I get because you were disappointed.

Was it really a "negative" transaction that the OP, with flawless 75+ feedback, misplaced a $6.00 card and offered you a full refund immediately? That's what itrader is for.

Sure sounds like an overreaction to me if this was really "negative" for you. You've got a pretty stress free life if this was negative in any way. At worst it was neutral for you wanting the item.

And to answer the question above me - I don't have a printer at home, I print many labels at work, which would be printed before I have the item packed and ready to ship. Happens all the time.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

If your explanation is complete and no other facts are missing, that is ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Why would a dc number even be printed then? I know i personally only print shipping labels after i have an item packed and ready to ship.
Dude...this is just crazy and over $6 card...

I have sold two cards before that I had in hand and got purchased by two separate buyers... one bought one card for about $40 and the other bought a $3 card...

They paid, I printed out the label a day later and start packing the cards... for some reason, I just couldn't find the stack of 2 cards that I sold... I might have mailed it out by mistake, put them in the wrong box, what not...either way, I just couldn't find them... (not saying this is the OP's case, but you get my point)...

The $40 buyer said refund and no problem... $3 buyer told me to hold off on refunding, cause I told him I was busting more of the same product later that week... he said I can ship it to him if I get the same card then.. luckily, I pulled the same card... positive feedback left...

We all make mistake, if it was a high value card that is volatile in pricing, then I would be concerned something fishy is going on...but this is a 6 dollar card that did not jump to $20 overnight...

Not everything is absolute, take a look at his past history, the value of the card, the response time and what else he offered...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
I appreciate both of you helping him understand the over reacting and just posting a neg. without thinking about it. iTrader is more than just an emotional response tool, I guess I just have to take my first neg over something silly and maybe it will impact you in the future not taking such a harsh stance agaisnt the other party if its not needed.....
I guess use it as a learning tool. I agree with Jami (I can't freaking believe that I just typed that) in that I have usually found PP to be reasonable and we usually see things the same. Not sure what got him so out of whack here. Hopefully he'll come around, realize he is overreacting and have mods remove it.

Having said that, you were wrong too which you already know and have owned. Don't ever sell something without verifying you have it. You handled everything after that well and I would not hesitate to deal with you.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I guess use it as a learning tool. I agree with Jami (I can't freaking believe that I just typed that) in that I have usually found PP to be reasonable and we usually see things the same. Not sure what got him so out of whack here. Hopefully he'll come around, realize he is overreacting and have mods remove it.

Having said that, you were wrong too which you already know and have owned. Don't ever sell something without verifying you have it. You handled everything after that well and I would not hesitate to deal with you.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #37 (permalink)

A negative is not warranted here at all. Mistakes happen. I do see a history of leaving this type of feedback by Platinum for other people though. If anything the OP gained trust with me for owning up to a mistake that anyone is capable of making. Knee jerk reaction feedback makes me not want to ever deal with that person. No dog in this fight at all, just my two cents after reading the thread.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecala98 View Post
Well the question would be why the card was for sale if you couldn't locate it?
I know this happens but Mike here is correct. You don't place a card for sale if you don't have it located. I've had it happen to me on eBay and I am usually pretty unhappy.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #39 (permalink)

Sounds like a honest mistake to me. Seller tried to make it right by offering anything in his bucket. Buyer didn't see anything he liked. Money was refunded. Sounds like a honest mistake by a honest member on the boards. Did everything correct in my eyes to make up for mistake.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Thank God for people like this:
eBay member mbmullin
Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroockerd View Post
I know this happens but Mike here is correct. You don't place a card for sale if you don't have it located. I've had it happen to me on eBay and I am usually pretty unhappy.
Thats why at worst I would be okay with a neutral, that would be a good warning to something like that.....but a neg....just depressing start to the day.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
Thank God for people like this:
eBay member mbmullin
lol, thats how the situation is supposed to go ha, well thats good.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
I think everyone agrees with that - no one would be happy about it - but this isn't eBay - and if you think people on this site don't post things before they locate it then you are crazy. I guarantee 99% of people on here post items for sale or trade that are in their photobucket before they physical go and grab it out of their storage box. Especially if they post from work or their phones.

If this had been a problem before we'd see it in feedback or other threads.

That's why it's a neutral at worst. There is no history of this. Isolated incident.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
This is like the ref that called that moving screen on LeBron...

By letter of the law the referee should have called it. 99% of people in this would would want everything taken into context.

Time, place, situation...

Clearly, at least from a fly by view, the OP has never had this happen before. He offered either full refund or a replacement item. He didn't wait a month to do so. You immediately got a refund since you didn't want another item.

This isn't a transgression that is factored on to previous transgressions unless the OP has some I'm unaware of.

These things actually do happen where a card is lost, traded previously and forgotten about, left at the office and misplaced...

Neutral I get because you were disappointed.

Was it really a "negative" transaction that the OP, with flawless 75+ feedback, misplaced a $6.00 card and offered you a full refund immediately? That's what itrader is for.

Sure sounds like an overreaction to me if this was really "negative" for you. You've got a pretty stress free life if this was negative in any way. At worst it was neutral for you wanting the item.

And to answer the question above me - I don't have a printer at home, I print many labels at work, which would be printed before I have the item packed and ready to ship. Happens all the time.
Word. QFT.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
You sold something you did not have. You had the card listed individually by itself in scan with price in your thread. Its not like it was a scan with multiple cards. Then you tell me two days after i paid that you didn't have it. After i may add you already printed a shipping label and i had a dc number. If you'd have simply told me it was an error listing right away it'd be fine but you even went as far to give me a dc number through pp. Not sure how this isn't against bst rules.

How do you have a DC but no card? This is where the big issue comes in.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
How do you have a DC but no card? This is where the big issue comes in.
I print labels immediately after I get payment when I am at work. Later that night collect the card, then the next morning it ships out. Thats my process. You can see I wasn't trying anything thats why I printed the label...thought I had the card! Now I am out the shipping and the $6 until the USPS returns it to me lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #47 (permalink)

Man for the record. I agree a neutral was enough or some good communication even better. I'm just saying I can see the frustration. Cards should be in hand and checked over. I made the mistake once of not checking a card well and come to find out it was smudged in the scratched case and it looked like just scratches. I messed up.

Good for you for admitting it. Sadly both sides look bad here to someone. One side sees an unwarranted feedback, the other sees a seller not knowing what he has for sale.

This thread helps no one in the end.

I'm not taking a side here cause I have been on both ends. Luckily when I screwed up the buyer was much more understanding.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
I print labels immediately after I get payment when I am at work. Later that night collect the card, then the next morning it ships out. Thats my process. You can see I wasn't trying anything thats why I printed the label...thought I had the card! Now I am out the shipping and the $6 until the USPS returns it to me lol.
Yeah and he may have his money but is out a card he thought he had. You shouldn't be out the $6 cause it was his to begin with. The $1.69 you are out for a short time is a small price to pay and your own fault since you printed the label early. Right?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah and he may have his money but is out a card he thought he had. You shouldn't be out the $6 cause it was his to begin with. The $1.69 you are out for a short time is a small price to pay and your own fault since you printed the label early. Right?
I'm not out the $6 just the $1.69 and thats not a big deal just saying I end up with that and a Neg. for a simple mistake that was handled with a knee jerk reaction. Soo many nice people on here, just can't believe people think everything always goes perfect, things happen, slap me with a neutral and make me learn my lesson, just frustrating that this happens, and he didn't even warn me about the NEG....lame....
Old 06-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not out the $6 just the $1.69 and thats not a big deal just saying I end up with that and a Neg. for a simple mistake that was handled with a knee jerk reaction. Soo many nice people on here, just can't believe people think everything always goes perfect, things happen, slap me with a neutral and make me learn my lesson, just frustrating that this happens, and he didn't even warn me about the NEG....lame....
Man I get what your saying. Your thread asked how this deserved it. I'm trying to make you see both sides.

Is it a bit extreme? Sure! Does he have a right? Sure! When I have this issue its generally cause I got a good deal. However, in this case you set the price so it seems that is far from the case. All I'm saying though is he had a bit of a right to be upset and the DC made it harder to understand. I didn't know people printed without cards. I mean I package and weigh so I know the card arrives safe. I guess with be card though the standard 3 oz rule applies.

A better way to deal with this may have been to approach him and try to reason cause he could have had it removed. This way its never likely getting removed though. I guess we live and learn.